Lionel Messi Thread

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
I wonder what he would've been without all those drugs + growth hormones injected into him. Barca's lab hamster seems to be doing well right now ... but IMO its a bit of a hypocrisy having Mutu banned for taking anti-obese medication, while Barca went the whole nine yards with their Lil Prick and get praised for it.

so is this the reason people don't like messi...because he supposedly has been "doped up"?

i guess my reaction to such claims is that i find it hard to believe...just by basic observation of his physique.

regarding growth hormone injections...i wouldn't agree that messi has had these as he is very short in stature. growth hormone injections cannot just target muscle development...they affect the entire body. messi is simply too short to have had consistent and regular hGH therapy

as for other doping drugs...again, i'm skeptical simply because he does not appear unusually and/or overly muscular

he is short, relatively thin and has a petite body structure. his physical assets which make him a great soccer include agility, flexibility and endurance...a combination of attributes which he wouldn't necessarily acquire through doping. doping and growth hormone drugs produce taller, thicker, more muscular athletes

from my own observations...i just don't see messi that way

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Actually dope enhances performance not necesarilly appearance,

however thats not the reason why I hate Messi, I hate him because he's a one trick pony diving ugly midget.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

i don't see how that is medically possible.

how can performance of the body be enhanced, without the physcial body being modified or altered?

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.

however thats not the reason why I hate Messi, I hate him because he's a one trick pony diving ugly midget.

are we going to go back to this silly argument.gh does not enhance performance thats a fact, beleive it or not its a medical fact.

if it had any type of enhancing capabilities is that it would act as a placebo, u would be made beileive it enhances when in actual fact it doesnt.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
aside from all the doping speculation...what i really admire about messi is his ability to dribble past sets of 3 and 4 defenders...on a regular basis

some other criticisms of messi seem to be that he has fantastic support from his midfielders only because of THEM, he is the player that he is today

without a doubt, receiving great passes from your teammates is a benefit. but messi often times receives a pass well outside the penalty box...and only though his own efforts, dribbles in and shoots and scores.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
lionel_messi_fc_barcelona_378295.jpg

The ultimate lab rat :proud:

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
lmao at the wink he gives to ronaldo

omg...proof that messi is using performance enhancing drugs...did you witness the enhancement of his winking action?! his eyelids are totally juiced!!

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
omg...proof that messi is using performance enhancing drugs...did you witness the enhancement of his winking action?! his eyelids are totally juiced!!

rofl.:D well spotted

Idris

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I can't help but laugh at Casillas' face everytime they concede a goal to Messi/Barca. He looks so distraught at the goals, the 6-2 last year was a laugh a minute at his facial expressions.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
so wait, kobe grew up in milan...yet he's a barcelona fan?

why the heck isn't he a milan fan?!

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
glory hunter :o

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Kobe is a Milan fan:cool:

I remember long time ago seeing him pose in a Milan jersey.

So Kobe rocks:cool:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

After that Barca won and he pledged Barca + Ronaldinho. Then Dinho came to us and Messi stepped up so now it's Barca + Messi.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
After that Barca won and he pledged Barca + Ronaldinho. Then Dinho came to us and Messi stepped up so now it's Barca + Messi.

Maybe but I know long long ago, maybe even 8-9 years ago I remember seeing Kobe with a Maldini shirt(i think) and it was even on the official web site...

I didn't know about his change of heart..traitor:rolleyes:

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kobe can go take a long walk off a short pier...

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri

Maybe but I know long long ago, maybe even 8-9 years ago I remember seeing Kobe with a Maldini shirt(i think) and it was even on the official web site...

I didn't know about his change of heart..traitor:rolleyes:

kobe can go take a long walk off a short pier...
Kobe is a Milan fan but he is sponsored by Nike and Milan isn't a Nike team. So he says he supports Barca b/c they are a Nike team too. It's all contract shit anyways, in his heart he is a Milanista.

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Kobe is a Milan fan but he is sponsored by Nike and Milan isn't a Nike team. So he says he supports Barca b/c they are a Nike team too. It's all contract shit anyways, in his heart he is a Milanista.

True Dat!

He also speaks Italian fluently :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Kobe Bryant… should have been on the Men’s National Team?
By: jetski

When Kobe Bryant’s father moved his family to Italy where he was playing pro basketball, then 6-year-old Kobe was introduced to soccer and the culture that came with it. Bryant often went to the parks in Italy to play basketball and would jump in on a game of soccer before hitting the basketball court.

“I wasn’t anything spectacular,” Bryant said. “I would have moments of doing something crazy that really wasn’t done on purpose. I’d pull off a nice move that was unintentional.

“I started out at goalkeeper because my arms were so long and I didn’t really have a good feel at handling the ball. As I practiced and progressed, they moved me to midfield.”

The Bryants moved back to the United States in 1991. With few kids playing soccer in his Philadelphia neighborhood, Bryant turned his sports attention strictly to basketball. Bryant never played high school soccer, but he credits his playing days in Italy for helping his basketball game.

“I’m comfortable (with basketball) footwork because I played soccer,” said Bryant. “From changing up rhythms to foot speed, to being comfortable with having my right foot as my pivot foot and my left foot as my pivot foot.”

Bryant entered the NBA straight from high school and has won four titles with the Los Angeles Lakers. What would have happened if he had stayed in Italy?

“I would have kept playing (soccer) – that’s for sure,” Bryant said. “I loved basketball so much, but I also wanted to play for AC Milan. That was my team growing up.”

Following AC Milan these days has been a challenge for Bryant with his schedule, but he says it’s getting easier with the increase in Internet coverage and soccer channels. Bryant attended the Brazil vs. Japan World Cup match in Germany 2006 with his wife, and hopes to catch an AC Milan game one day.

“To this day, I’ve never seen my team, AC Milan, play in person,” Bryant said. “My mother never let me go to games in Europe. She’d say, `No, it’s too violent. What happens if the fans go crazy and (you get) squished up against the fence?’”

What does Kobe think would happen if more U.S. athletes focused more on soccer?

“If myself, Tracy McGrady, and LeBron James had a soccer ball at our feet instead of a basketball at 2 years old, with our size, it could have been something,” Bryant said. “If we had played soccer all our lives, I think (the U.S. soccer team) would have been pretty potent.”

Definitely worth thinking about…
http://www.thefinalthird.com/2010/03/18/kobe-bryant-should-have-been-on-the-mens-national-team/

:cool:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
mag_02092009.jpg

KOBE BRYANT
Lakers Guard/FC Barcelona Fan

ROOTS
Growing up in Italy, I followed soccer religiously. I'd go to the park to play basketball, but there were mini goals under the baskets, so I'd end up playing soccer with the other kids first. I became a Barça fan a few years ago, when Ronaldinho was there. I watched him when I was in Rome in 2005, and he was doing stuff I'd never seen before.

PLUGGED IN
Pau Gasol grew up in Barcelona, so he keeps me in the loop. I follow games on the Internet, and even when we don't have time to watch, we talk about the team. Sasha Vujacic likes Madrid, so that leads to a lot of smack-talk in the locker room.

THE GOODS
I have a great jersey collection; Leo Messi threw his to me in the stands at the Olympics. I also have signed soccer balls from Pelé for my kids and a picture with Diego Maradona.

WORLDVIEW
I just enjoy the game and its influence. If you look at European basketball players who grew up playing soccer, they see our game differently—the angles, the cuts. I enjoy watching that.

no link unfortunately.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Kobe is the only guy who I can forgive such a thing. :D He looks ubercool even in a Barcelona jersey.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score

:/

“To this day, I’ve never seen my team, AC Milan, play in person,” Bryant said. “My mother never let me go to games in Europe. She’d say, `No, it’s too violent. What happens if the fans go crazy and (you get) squished up against the fence?’”

Haha. So whats stooping him from going to see milan now? Theres nobody in the stadium anymore and even if there was hed be the one squishing everyone.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
“To this day, I’ve never seen my team, AC Milan, play in person,” Bryant said.

for being a millionaire, he sure is a pathetic fan/supporter :rolleyes:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
eh....Fuck Kobe. Poser, always has been.

hail the most overrated player of all time. 4 championships, lol. He rode Shaq's back to 3 as evident by fact Shaq averaged twice as many points in those playoffs as Kobe along with garning there MVPs... :rolls eyes:

Just cause you're well spoken, do a few cool dunks and play the SG position for Phil Jackson, doesn't make you anywhere near Jordan

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
How come he says that he supports 2 different teams yet never gets asked about it?

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.

hail the most overrated player of all time. 4 championships, lol. He rode Shaq's back to 3 as evident by fact Shaq averaged twice as many points in those playoffs as Kobe along with garning there MVPs... :rolls eyes:

Just cause you're well spoken, do a few cool dunks and play the SG position for Phil Jackson, doesn't make you anywhere near Jordan

But Shaq's not a Milan fan is he?

Kobe > Shaq

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

i thought he proved it last year when he took the la lakers to the nba title that he didnt need shaq.
i was surprised when he said he grew up in milan, but yeah like still kobe rocks.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
How come he says that he supports 2 different teams yet never gets asked about it?

Usain Bolt is the same. He supports United + Madrid.

Schedule