The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2018, 14:21   #3121
Az.
Se7en
 
Az.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Jacare View Post
Dont get me wrong. Connor is a phenomenal fighter. But his heart isnt in the game anymore. Thats one of the main reasons why i believe he wo t win against the cream of the crop like khabib and tony. He isnt dedicated anymore. He is far too rich to even contemplate a return. So he should just go away. Conversely for guys like tony and khabib, their lives depend on what they accomplish in mma. They are more motivated and focus entirely on honing their mma skills.
That's true to an extent, he has all the money in the world (for now at least) but Conor is greedy for "immortality". If its one thing that's going to bring him back, is the allure of being considered the all time great.

Sadly i'm not sure Khabib or Tony are what Conor would consider the last stepping stone to all time greatness. A fight with Woodley on the other hand? That would surely tempt him to step back into the octagon with full focus.
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 17:01   #3122
Milaniscool
Face that runs the place
 
Milaniscool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wilmington, DE
Fav. Players: Balotelli, Romagnoli, Robben
Default

Screw Conor, I was one of his biggest supporters but who gives a crap anymore. When that dumb Floyd fight was announced I knew it was over. If you aren't gonna defend the belt then just drop it. That lightweight division is too good to be held back like this. Dana is Conor's puppet though.
Milaniscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 21:57   #3123
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon
 
Don_Jacare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: brisbane
Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
That's true to an extent, he has all the money in the world (for now at least) but Conor is greedy for "immortality". If its one thing that's going to bring him back, is the allure of being considered the all time great.

Sadly i'm not sure Khabib or Tony are what Conor would consider the last stepping stone to all time greatness. A fight with Woodley on the other hand? That would surely tempt him to step back into the octagon with full focus.
Agreed except the woodley part . Are you implying that woodley would be beatable for connor?
Beating either tony or khabib easily cements him as the GOAT lightweight to me. No doubt about that, ideally both but I know thats not going to happen.
As for woodley, dude is legit aa they come. He made gsp run away from welterweight for god sake.
Don_Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:14   #3124
Az.
Se7en
 
Az.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Jacare View Post
Agreed except the woodley part . Are you implying that woodley would be beatable for connor?
Beating either tony or khabib easily cements him as the GOAT lightweight to me. No doubt about that, ideally both but I know thats not going to happen.
As for woodley, dude is legit aa they come. He made gsp run away from welterweight for god sake.
I'm not saying he can beat him, i'm just saying that's a fight that might entice his ego thus making him come back.

He has more of a chance though against Woodley, then Khabib. Woodley got wrecked in the past by strikes, something Conor excels at..so at least there he has a chance.

Khabib is as though as they come on the other hand, and his ground game is simply ridiculous. Conor would have to make zero mistakes in his distance management, which granted is really good..but who can keep that up for 5 rounds?
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:57   #3125
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon
 
Don_Jacare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: brisbane
Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Default

He got wrecked once bro and at the time he dint have a coach. Woodley was a newbie when he versed a roides trt marquardt. He was juiced to the gills when he fought a green woodley. Woodley now under roofus is easily one the best welterweights of all time. He has beaten wonderboy twice, maia, condit, gastulem and lawler. Thats an insane resume.
Don_Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:59   #3126
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon
 
Don_Jacare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: brisbane
Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Default

Also i would say wonderboy is a better striker than connor imo. He is more diverse. Connor has more power at 55. Dont think it would translate into 170 weight class though.
Don_Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 13:46   #3127
Az.
Se7en
 
Az.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Jacare View Post
He got wrecked once bro and at the time he dint have a coach. Woodley was a newbie when he versed a roides trt marquardt. He was juiced to the gills when he fought a green woodley. Woodley now under roofus is easily one the best welterweights of all time. He has beaten wonderboy twice, maia, condit, gastulem and lawler. Thats an insane resume.
He is a great fighter no doubt, but a closer look at that resume and you will see he is not really GOAT material.

Only Wonderboy and Maia where at the top of their game when he faced them. Lawler was in many wars, and the fight ended really quickly.

Then he beat a drained Gastulem who as always indulges to much on the kfc (not saying this is Woodley's fault).

And Condit who injured himself in the fight. Yes he was winning up until that point, but he wasn't wrecking him or anything, and prime Condit always starts late.

Also right after the Condit win, he faced Rory who let's not forget did this to him:



He can have similar trouble with Conor who again is masterful striker. The Eagle on the other hand, pretty much mauled everybody he faced so far.
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 15:26   #3128
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon
 
Don_Jacare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: brisbane
Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Default

Yea i remember that rory fight. However, thay was not woodley under roofus though. Rory got destroyed by condit and lost to wonderboy and lawler. Yet woodley beat all 3 quite decisively. Could argue over the wonderboy debacle but based on damage woodley outclassed him over 10 rounds. Woodley has developed and improved his game tenfold. He conserves energy better and has cut down some excess weight to improve his gas tank. He is also a much better boxer now and possesses great footwork plus movement.

Dont get me wrong, rory is a beast but I would like to see a rematch between them two now tbh. Why did stupid dana let rory go. Matchup favours rory undoubtedly. Still could go either way if woodley waa able to land that power shot on his nose. His ability to close the distance very quickly would be the deciding factor in this bout.

On another note, no one gives this dude enough credit. Douglas lima. Douglas lima is a legit champion. I could see him outpointing woodley. Its a tough fight and although lima's weakness is wrestling, his pressure game and gas tank is top notch hence i can see him seriously troubling woodley. He could very well beat rory too and i rate rory as one of the best weltweights in the world. Top3. Lima rory then woodley or wonderboy based on ability.

Koreshkov is another fighter that goes under the radar. He has the tools to defeat rory and he doesnt wilt under pressure.

Last edited by Don_Jacare; 05-01-2018 at 15:29.
Don_Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 17:40   #3129
Sage
Reinmēkā
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

woodley has improved leaps and bounds since the rory fight


woodley would beat conor fairly easily imo, it's not even a fair fight...woodley walks around at 200 pounds ffs.

mcgregor kept calling nate diaz a bigger man and he's a 155er.


Signature
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 18:15   #3130
Curupira
AC Milan Icon
 
Curupira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default

Uriah Hall

Paige Van Zant


Signature
Curupira is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2018, 22:16   #3131
Curupira
AC Milan Icon
 
Curupira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default

Chris Taylor
@CTaylor_96
Breaking! I have confirmed with sources that Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov will fight for the undisputed UFC lightweight title at #UFC223 in Brooklyn. The bout will be made official later this week. McGregor will be stripped of his title. The bout was 1st reported by TASS


Signature
Curupira is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 08:21   #3132
Sage
Reinmēkā
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

khabib is going to steamroll him


Signature
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 12:28   #3133
Az.
Se7en
 
Az.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
Uriah Hall

Paige Van Zant
What's laughable about PVZ breaking her arm in the first round, and fighting trough that?
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 13:18   #3134
Curupira
AC Milan Icon
 
Curupira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
What's laughable about PVZ breaking her arm in the first round, and fighting trough that?
That her hype train is derailed and her butthurt fans actually harassed Clarke.

She isnít good, breaking your arm and fighting through it isnít some noble cause.


Signature
Curupira is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 13:56   #3135
Az.
Se7en
 
Az.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
That her hype train is derailed and her butthurt fans actually harassed Clarke.

She isnít good, breaking your arm and fighting through it isnít some noble cause.
Is she responsible for her fans? I'l give you a hint: no.

And no dickhead, its not a noble cause, but its not something to laugh at.
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 15:21   #3136
Curupira
AC Milan Icon
 
Curupira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Is she responsible for her fans? I'l give you a hint: no.

And no dickhead, its not a noble cause, but its not something to laugh at.
Did I say I am laughing at her getting her arm broken? I clearly stated I laughed at the fact that her hype train was once again derailed and at her butt hurt fans.

Telling me what's to laugh at? You are the guy that goes around saying dumb shit like "Bleed god will be appeased". FOH.


Signature
Curupira is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 16:09   #3137
Sage
Reinmēkā
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default



Signature
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 16:19   #3138
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Bonaventura, Bonucci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
Chris Taylor
@CTaylor_96
Breaking! I have confirmed with sources that Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov will fight for the undisputed UFC lightweight title at #UFC223 in Brooklyn. The bout will be made official later this week. McGregor will be stripped of his title. The bout was 1st reported by TASS
that's good. don't know what mcgreggor is doing, i guess he's got to much money. sadly he's ruining his legacy though. two titles, but not one title defense in my book means to titles at all.

i don't think khabib will have an easy fight against tony - since tony is a great fighter and very good on the ground as well. but sure, he's the favorite.

why's PVZ even being discussed? so meh...


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 16:53   #3139
Curupira
AC Milan Icon
 
Curupira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
that's good. don't know what mcgreggor is doing, i guess he's got to much money. sadly he's ruining his legacy though. two titles, but not one title defense in my book means to titles at all.

i don't think khabib will have an easy fight against tony - since tony is a great fighter and very good on the ground as well. but sure, he's the favorite.

why's PVZ even being discussed? so meh...
Agreed on McGregor. Still an accomplishment getting there but I feel like the challengers out there are more dangerous for him stylistically than the Champs he's beat.

Re: Khabib
This will be really intriguing in the grappling department. Though Khabib's top game is air tight I really think Ferguson's style may be a bit tricky for him. One of the things Ferguson did really well against Lee was to use the guard position to punish Lee when in theory it should have been more favorable for Lee to hang out and throw punches. His arm-extension + elbow (Bisping employed the same technique against a superior wrestler in GSP) from the high guard combo could be very tricky and effective, especially if Khabib gets caught with a big one earlier on.


Signature
Curupira is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 17:11   #3140
Mexes5
AC Milan Legend
 
Mexes5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Fav. Players: Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Default

Stipe betting odds at +170, I stuck $200 on, crazy odds.

If it wasn't for the wife i'd be putting alot more than that on. Well worth the risk for that.
Mexes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:18.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.