W*NKERS! (Spain vs. England)

redondo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona, Rivera, Redondo, Baresi, Riquelme, Aimar, Lucho, Mascherano, Tevez, Maxi, Pupi, Rosales
Edi said:
That game is very violent on and off the pitch.I saw a show about this derby couple of years ago and the things I saw were ..wow!!..and there are always a lot of policeman when that game is played.Maybe Redondo can tell us more about that derby cos' I'm sure he has been to a lot of games between River and Boca.
jaja!

RIVER PLATE
Founded: May 25, 1901
Ground: Antonio Vespucio Liberti, "El Monumental" ("The Monumental")
Capacity: 76,687 chaps
Pitch Dimensions: 105 x 70 m
http://www.stadiumguide.com/monumental1.jpg
http://www.barra-bravas.com.ar/ri04.jpg
http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~bohlemma/Images/riverfan2.jpg
River moved away from the area early on in the league's history to a more upmarket district, and they have a slightly more affluent fan base, hence their nickname, Los Millionarios

BOCA JUNIORS
Founded: April 3, 1905
Ground: Camilo Cichero, "La Bombonera" ("The Chocolate Box")
Capacity: 60,245 people
http://www.horacioargentino.hpg.ig.com.br/bombonera.jpg
http://www.ultrasinside.it/Concorso6/extra/BOCA_JUNIORS_ARGENTINA.jpg
One side of Boca's ground, the Estadio Alberto J Armando, is very strange. It resembles nothing so much as boxes stacked on top of each other and packed very tightly together. Its nickname, La Bonbonera (the chocolate box), is appropriate. On the day of the derby it is packed with hard-core fans.

Who are they?
Argentina's capital Buenos Aires is home to this incredible derby.It's a time when the 'people's team' and 'the millionaires' come together with defeat unthinkable for the passionate fans!The match is always an unforgettable experience, with a sea of colourful flowing banners, screams and roars, chanting, dancing and never-ending fireworks.Boca and River are Argentina's biggest football clubs and they have dominated the national championship for the last 70 years. More than half of the country's football fans support one of these clubs.Both clubs formed in a Buenos Aires area called the La Boca, but in 1938 River Plate earned their 'millionaires' nickname after moving to the affluent Nunez neighbourhood.Boca remained and became known as the people's team, with the majority of fans coming from the local Italian immigrant community.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38297000/gif/_38297667_boca_river_298.gif

So what about the rivalry?
The rivalry between Boca and River Plate is the most intense in Argentine football and, perhaps, in the whole of Latin America: the game is a riot of colour, noise and energy.
The game is called the 'Superclasico'.The red and white of River versus the blue and yellow of Boca and the two sets of fans really don't like each other! Boca fans refer to River supporters as 'gallinas' (chickens) because they think River are afraid of everything!And then the River fans hit back by calling their rivals 'los puercos' (pigs) because their stadium is located in a poor Boca area and is said to smell most of the time!The rivalry is more about class and money, with River Plate's support traditionally coming from the high-fliers in the Buenos Aires society.And the Boca supporters tend to come from the working classes and migrant communities.Buenos Aires has the highest concentration of football teams of any city in the world.
La Boca is a tumultuous proletarian neighborhood in Buenos Aires' dockland. It is the heart of the city's huge Italian community. Most of its residents are one or two generations removed from Sicily, Calabria or Naples. Boca Juniors have always been regarded as the team of the working-class. This is born out in their deadly rivalry with the bourgeois River Plate, whose English name and nickname of "the millionaires" testify to their class associations. Games between Boca and River thus evoke connotations of class warfare. In a country where class conflict is also being waged on the streets and in the jungles, this can be dangerous: seventy-four people died at a Boca v. River game in 1968. In 1994 the murder of two River fans by Boca "ultras" caused a national uproar. The River-Boca rivalry is of an intensity and of a political and social significance which is perhaps matched only Glasgow's "old firm" of Rangers (Protestant) and Celtic (Catholic)
This is a century-old rivalry, between teams from the same city, who happen to be the most successful and popular teams in the country.Trust me, this is serious stuff. So serious, that for security reasons, it was the first time ever in argentine football history that the visiting team´s fans were forbidden from attending the match.

i tried my bit to inform as much as i can and as nutral as i can.no hint of personal opinion.

V A M O S R I V E R

Last edited by a moderator:

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
thanks for the info Redondo:)

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
pixiraver said:
Lazio has always been a racist club,black players never play for them,i wonder why their fans made it mandatory they shouldn't sign any black players ,i hate the club more than anything in this world.
Nazio (like some other clubs) has never done anything to disassociate themselves from that part of their fans (not all of them are racist).

They currently have 3 black players in the roster: Christian Manfredini, Ousmane Dabo and Fabio Liverani. But you're right, they've been few and far between. I recall when Thuram was rumoured to join, some members of the Irriducibili travelled to Parma to meet with him.

The Irriducibili don't seem to have any problems with the South Americans who have darker skin, for some reason. Like with Veron and César.

-------------------------------

Yesterday, Eto'o got monkey chants from some Getafe fans.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Yes Melbourne,the Belgrade derby is pretty amazing!!!But like any other city derby there is always a lot of violence between the fans.But the atmosphere at the Maracana stadium is just incredible!!!
You know which derby is also very violent?-Panathinaikos and Olimpiakos!!!!
And also the turkish derbies are very brutal...Galatasaray vs Besiktas/Galatasaray vs Fenerbahce/Fenerbahce vs Besiktas.There are always big incidents when these teams play

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
you guys wanna know a violent derby(sort of)? OSU vs. Michigan!

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
Edi said:
Biski I always thought that you are a Dinamo fan:)

Ewww lol no.

I take it you didn't see the Hajduk Split badge that was used as my avatar for a couple of months. :D :)

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
Latest story on this is that Spanish FA has been fined £44,750. The English think that this was not justice done and doesn't send clear message that racism will absolutely not be taken.

Here's are some quotes of what they thought about it from BBC Football:

''We would have expected for the Spanish to be forced to play behind closed doors and warned about any incidents of racism at future games.''

''The Spanish FA have been given a yellow card, not the red that many would have expected.''

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
~Biski Biskit~ said:
''We would have expected for the Spanish to be forced to play behind closed doors and warned about any incidents of racism at future games.''
Agree. $$ + closed door match should be the punishment. I don't think the Spanish football federation should be fully responsible. The fans should be punished also. So, no national matchs to attend for a few times should be more appropriate.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You forget that football is a business + imposing some draconic out-of-proportion punishment just to appease the hyer-politically correct crowd would go around to bite UEFA/FIFA/national associations in their own ass. Think revenue. Revenue that is ALSO distributed + a crucial part of any club's budget.

The only acceptable way of dealing with the problem is through education + individual punishment.

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
I thought fifa fined spanish soccer association 44,000 pounds?it is too small,atleast a 100 grand would have been better.

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
redondo said:
jaja!

RIVER PLATE
Founded: May 25, 1901
Ground: Antonio Vespucio Liberti, "El Monumental" ("The Monumental")
Capacity: 76,687 chaps
http://www.stadiumguide.com/monumental1.jpg
http://www.barra-bravas.com.ar/ri04.jpg
http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~bohlemma/Images/riverfan2.jpg
River moved away from the area early on in the league's history to a more upmarket district, and they have a slightly more affluent fan base, hence their nickname, Los Millionarios

BOCA JUNIORS
Founded: April 3, 1905
Ground: Camilo Cichero, "La Bombonera" ("The Chocolate Box")
Capacity: 60,245 people
http://www.horacioargentino.hpg.ig.com.br/bombonera.jpg
http://www.ultrasinside.it/Concorso6/extra/BOCA_JUNIORS_ARGENTINA.jpg
One side of Boca's ground, the Estadio Alberto J Armando, is very strange. It resembles nothing so much as boxes stacked on top of each other and packed very tightly together. Its nickname, La Bonbonera (the chocolate box), is appropriate. On the day of the derby it is packed with hard-core fans.

Who are they?
Argentina's capital Buenos Aires is home to this incredible derby.It's a time when the 'people's team' and 'the millionaires' come together with defeat unthinkable for the passionate fans!The match is always an unforgettable experience, with a sea of colourful flowing banners, screams and roars, chanting, dancing and never-ending fireworks.Boca and River are Argentina's biggest football clubs and they have dominated the national championship for the last 70 years. More than half of the country's football fans support one of these clubs.Both clubs formed in a Buenos Aires area called the La Boca, but in 1938 River Plate earned their 'millionaires' nickname after moving to the affluent Nunez neighbourhood.Boca remained and became known as the people's team, with the majority of fans coming from the local Italian immigrant community.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38297000/gif/_38297667_boca_river_298.gif

So what about the rivalry?
The rivalry between Boca and River Plate is the most intense in Argentine football and, perhaps, in the whole of Latin America: the game is a riot of colour, noise and energy.
The game is called the 'Superclasico'.The red and white of River versus the blue and yellow of Boca and the two sets of fans really don't like each other! Boca fans refer to River supporters as 'gallinas' (chickens) because they think River are afraid of everything!And then the River fans hit back by calling their rivals 'los puercos' (pigs) because their stadium is located in a poor Boca area and is said to smell most of the time!The rivalry is more about class and money, with River Plate's support traditionally coming from the high-fliers in the Buenos Aires society.And the Boca supporters tend to come from the working classes and migrant communities.Buenos Aires has the highest concentration of football teams of any city in the world.
La Boca is a tumultuous proletarian neighborhood in Buenos Aires' dockland. It is the heart of the city's huge Italian community. Most of its residents are one or two generations removed from Sicily, Calabria or Naples. Boca Juniors have always been regarded as the team of the working-class. This is born out in their deadly rivalry with the bourgeois River Plate, whose English name and nickname of "the millionaires" testify to their class associations. Games between Boca and River thus evoke connotations of class warfare. In a country where class conflict is also being waged on the streets and in the jungles, this can be dangerous: seventy-four people died at a Boca v. River game in 1968. In 1994 the murder of two River fans by Boca "ultras" caused a national uproar. The River-Boca rivalry is of an intensity and of a political and social significance which is perhaps matched only Glasgow's "old firm" of Rangers (Protestant) and Celtic (Catholic)
This is a century-old rivalry, between teams from the same city, who happen to be the most successful and popular teams in the country.Trust me, this is serious stuff. So serious, that for security reasons, it was the first time ever in argentine football history that the visiting team´s fans were forbidden from attending the match.

i tried my bit to inform as much as i can and as nutral as i can.no hint of personal opinion.

V A M O S R I V E R

nice info redondo do post more often i LOVE SEEING UR SIGNATURE :D

Schedule