Who will win Copa America 2011?

• Total voters

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Are u sure u've been here? Cause apart from a bit delay in phone technology, that doesn't really affect foreigners...there's everything.

Jamaica...and what we call polada. That's where those names come from.

I was born and brought up in the Caribbean, i visited CR like 12 years ago. Back then it was pretty different from what it may be now so Im sure its changed quite a bit since i last visited ;)

Edit: Jamaicans and Dominicans get around quite a bit in the Caribbean.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I want to see Guarin do that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OorDZPR9IvQ

How much do you think? 3:0? :lol:

Why have they picked a U23 side?
concacaf rules and delay on the invitation. And im going for a 4-0.

I was born and brought up in the Caribbean, i visited CR like 12 years ago. Back then it was pretty different from what it may be now so Im sure its changed quite a bit since i last visited ;)

Ahhh yeah it has changed quite a bit since 1999.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

you are the forum's most interesting man :)

spill details, you are jamaican/dominican? Why are you in india?

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
concacaf rules and delay on the invitation. And im going for a 4-0.

Ahhh yeah it has changed quite a bit since 1999.

Oh yeahhhh, because Japan withdrew.

I still feel that Colombia lacks creativity. They have some great individuals and a good defense but Falcao may find it hard to poach some in. Lets see how they play today.

Best of luck for CR, maybe you get a draw like Bolivia :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Oh yeahhhh, because Japan withdrew.

I still feel that Colombia lacks creativity. They have some great individuals and a good defense but Falcao may find it hard to poach some in. Lets see how they play today.

Best of luck for CR, maybe you get a draw like Bolivia :D

falcao can do more than poach. At River he played behind striker in 4-2-3-1 on occasion.

Guarin, Zuniga/Armero are good crossers, and lets not forget HUGO RODELLEGA, who will run around... a lot

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
you are the forum's most interesting man :)

spill details, you are jamaican/dominican? Why are you in india?

No, im Indian, born and raised on an island called Curacao, which belonged to the Netherlands Antilles. I was there for a good part of my life then moved around, was in Holland for a bit then came to India to finish my highschool then went to Uni in London and now back in India for a while. Planning to leave this country soon for a new adventure, im thinking far east for business ;)

Im in India now coz my rents are retired and live out here.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
falcao can do more than poach. At River he played behind striker in 4-2-3-1 on occasion.

Guarin, Zuniga/Armero are good crossers, and lets not forget HUGO RODELLEGA, who will run around... a lot

Sorry bro, dunno Falcao from his River days but ill take your word for it :)

I know about the good crossers but don't know their formations or any tactics. I checked up and its usually the flat 4.4.2 but Armero and Zuniga will be the wing-backs, hmm interesting. Could also be a 4.1.4.1 with Rodallega playing on the left wing, seen that option too in their last 4 friendlies. Im just hoping for goals though.

Guarin is a beast, i like his kinda midfielders. Im looking forward to watching, him Yepes and Zapata :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Sorry bro, dunno Falcao from his River days but ill take your word for it :)

I know about the good crossers but don't know their formations or any tactics. I checked up and its usually the flat 4.4.2 but Armero and Zuniga will be the wing-backs, hmm interesting. Could also be a 4.1.4.1 with Rodallega playing on the left wing, seen that option too in their last 4 friendlies. Im just hoping for goals though.

Guarin is a beast, i like his kinda midfielders. Im looking forward to watching, him Yepes and Zapata :D

Poor river. Just 3 years ago they had players like falcao and sanchez. And now.....

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
La Volpe is coaching Costa Rica, nice

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a Costa Rica defender that plays for a College in USA, he is not even professional (?)

Edit: Patrick Swayze studied in this college, now I get La Volpe call.

Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The young CR keeper makes a nice saves from Guarins volley.

Edit: CR keeper has made 3 class saves now.

Last edited:

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
yepes to score at some point:thumbsup:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Red card to CR and possible injury to perea.

Nasty tackle.

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
yellow card:
D.M. Ulloa

20' D. Guzman

23' F. Calvo

red card:
R. Brenes

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Ht' Colombia 0 - 0 Costa Rica

Why do I hear GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL then?

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well taken goal by adrian ramos but poor finishing overall from colombia.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
first half in slow motion

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
im impressed by this cr team so far, especially their keeper :)

pitch is much better than last nights

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
1 was a major player in 4 league victories, the other is responsible for 1?(2009/2010)

I know you hate ibra now cuz he told seedorf to be quiet and was shouting and walking around when u saw him play live, but dont be so biased against him.

What kind of logic is that?

Lampard has helped Chelsea to 3 Premiership titles and 3 FA Cups, whereas Gerrard has 'only' helped Liverpool to 1 CL and 2 FA Cups. Doesn't change the fact that Gerrard is and was the better player.

Torres won diddly squat in 07/08 and 08/09, but you'd be hard pushed to find a striker who was better than him during that period.

Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wow, Moreira [21] the CR GK is probably the MOTM. Frustratin game for Colombia, lacked the finishing and to some extent creativity.

Anyways the 3 points are important and it sets up a good game up with Argentina.

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Argentina sucks... hahaha fuckin' Messi and Tevez can't do anything

Colombia - go Yepes!

How's our defender doing? I can't watch the game unfortunately :(

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
What kind of logic is that?

Lampard has helped Chelsea to 3 Premiership titles and 3 FA Cups, whereas Gerrard has 'only' helped Liverpool to 1 CL and 2 FA Cups. Doesn't change the fact that Gerrard is and was the better player.

Torres won diddly squat in 07/08 and 08/09, but you'd be hard pushed to find a striker who was better than him during that period.

theres a difference between has helped, and being the main reason a team wins a title.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
There is a Costa Rica defender that plays for a College in USA, he is not even professional (?)

Francisco Calvo, not pro. He did quite well actually.

Wow, Moreira [21] the CR GK is probably the MOTM. Frustratin game for Colombia, lacked the finishing and to some extent creativity.

Anyways the 3 points are important and it sets up a good game up with Argentina.
Hehe didn't expect Moreira to do good, he was amazing in a final against my team back in december, but later on he was pretty pathetic and I actually loss faith in him once he went 100% emo on Facebook cause his GF found pics of him with another girl ("I don't wanna live anymoreee, life is shiitt"). Anyway that was pretty much it of the game...well him and Guzman (the one that gave away the goal, he sucks). Oh well...2 games for us to receive less than 10...I think we can make it :D.

Colombia played...very colombian style. They have nice technical players, but their usuallly very conservative/tactical, and wasteful. But they got the 3 points. I expected something different from them considering this is their best NT since 1998 or maybe even 1994, but at the end they played as they always do.

Edit: "Gol de mierda" Messi? Really? Sos un HP.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

That's not uncommon here....

A lot of us national team players go that path. IMO it's stupid because it puts them behind the curve.

Off top of my head, 9 or 10 us players did that at some level including gooch, bocanegra

Schedule