Lionel Messi Thread

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
You do realize that when Spain played with Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Senna, Silva, and then Torres/Villa up top they were much better then when playing with two up top and no Fabregas?

Thats more an issue of Torres/Villa not working. Even then with the 5 man they controlled possession but didn't attack too well.

Where they were bad was in games where they dropped Iniesta for fabregas and went w/ Fab and Xavi. They didn't compute as well, both want ball and not really big on off ball movement. Not a knock on them, they would be main playmaker on every team.

My simple point was iniesta's versatility and ability to play without the ball made EVERYONE better.

boomheadshot45

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fabregas, Vermaelen, Maldini, Pirlo, Charlie Davies, Amobi Okugo, Dempsey.
Thats more an issue of Torres/Villa not working. Even then with the 5 man they controlled possession but didn't attack too well.

Where they were bad was in games where they dropped Iniesta for fabregas and went w/ Fab and Xavi. They didn't compute as well, both want ball and not really big on off ball movement. Not a knock on them, they would be main playmaker on every team.

My simple point was iniesta's versatility and ability to play without the ball made EVERYONE better.
I believe know that Xavi and Fab would work as Fab's average position is much higher up the pitch than last years where he would sit back like what Xavi does.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Argh, seriously everyone is saying he has surpassed Maradona, just cause he scored 4 past Arsenal.
Where did exactly everyone said so ?
The overstatement is saying Maradona was playing alone.
True his contribution was bigger than any of Messi , Xavi , Messi , CR , Ronaldo but dont make it like he was playing alone.

No one was saying anything that.
Read the arguments & u will see that many r saying that.

Everyone knows that the 2 best players in the world are Messi and Ronaldo. Whoever comes first is just a matter of opinion.
Exactly.
And when I said that + there was some users were arguing with me is an indication that they dont agree about it.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
WTF you guys ... I'm bitterly disappointed in you :mad:

Using Fat Ronaldo, Zidane, etc. to compare with Messi? While forgetting the greatest footballer ever? This sentence doesn't particularly mean much ... just didn't want to contaminate the punchline by putting it in the same paragraph where Fat Ronaldo was mentioned :D

Achievement-wise, Messi is yet to reach Paolo's tally at his age :star: :cool:

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Yeah, two months ago Rooney was the best, now its Messi again... Lets see what name the World Cup brings, but I doubt it will be the midget's, seeing how he's not half the player he is for Barca with his nt.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah, two months ago Rooney was the best, now its Messi again... Lets see what name the World Cup brings, but I doubt it will be the midget's, seeing how he's not half the player he is for Barca with his nt.
U think he is the only under achiever with Argetina ?
Maradona suck balls & almost all of their players strugle with him in charge.
And when did any of us minus the ManU fans said Rooney is the best in the world ?
We all agreed he is having an amazing season which is a fact.
Oh I just cant wait till Barca piss all over Real next tomorrow & hopefully Messi will have a good night night.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score

Say what who said that?????? rooney is a goal scorer but an entertainer?????? mmmm not so much ....messi is an amazer with the things he pulls off but for pure entertainment its gotta be Dinho hands down
i still believe dinho at his peak will wipe the floor with your M10,CR,K22 he is truly the best .......btw wtf is with the whole "white pele" being accepted??????:head: its a f@ck!ng joke

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
U think he is the only under achiever with Argetina ?
Maradona suck balls & almost all of their players strugle with him in charge.
And when did any of us minus the ManU fans said Rooney is the best in the world ?
We all agreed he is having an amazing season which is a fact.
Oh I just cant wait till Barca piss all over Real next tomorrow & hopefully Messi will have a good night night.
Well its different when the underachiever is Tevez or Aguero, as nobody labels them the best player in the world. As for Rooney just a month or so ago, there were the goal.com 'editorials' about him becoming the best in the world. Yeah he is having a great season, and so does Messi. But Cristiano Ronaldo is better than both of them, and they aren't fit to clean the shoes of Ronaldinho or Ronaldo in their prime.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I believe know that Xavi and Fab would work as Fab's average position is much higher up the pitch than last years where he would sit back like what Xavi does.

TBH I don't like him that high. I mean i see advantages but i would want ball at his feet all game. Then again if you have xavi, it's a different story.

It can work but they need iniesta and someone else around them or they become static like Milan. Awesome technique, vision, general lack of mobility/off ball movement... sounds like pirlo/seedorf. And thats my only point. You need a balanced squad and the times they have played... fab, senna, xavi in central midfield trio it's looked static however awesome there technique is

But you r right about torres/villa not being best. It's why I wouldnt want torres at milan with pato. He doesn't function well with another striker. He's a beast he needs service and he's selfish. He deserves to be cause he's that clinical but i never seen him really succeed in a 2 striker system.

Well its different when the underachiever is Tevez or Aguero, as nobody labels them the best player in the world. As for Rooney just a month or so ago, there were the goal.com 'editorials' about him becoming the best in the world. Yeah he is having a great season, and so does Messi. But Cristiano Ronaldo is better than both of them, and they aren't fit to clean the shoes of Ronaldinho or Ronaldo in their prime.

It's been more a matter of him not being poor for Argentina, ronaldo has been poor for portugal but he's also been damn good. Messi has been garbage for argentina except w/ u23s.

and while maradona may be a garbage coach, that team has too much talent and he's supposedly 'too good' to have that little an impact.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
ffs Messi has a lot better team in Argentina around him than Ronaldo has in Portugal. Ronaldo always makes the difference for Portugal and is their best player, and Messi isn't for Argentina.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
and while maradona may be a garbage coach, that team has too much talent and he's supposedly 'too good' to have that little an impact.

No no, bar a small period in the 2007 Copa America (and I thought they were fairly overrated during the tournament), he also failed to have impact with Basile's Argentina's, in fact under Basile, his first game involved chasing Kaka all through the field.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
No no, bar a small period in the 2007 Copa America (and I thought they were fairly overrated during the tournament), he also failed to have impact with Basile's Argentina's, in fact under Basile, his first game involved chasing Kaka all through the field.

Nah they started off awesome. But losing Crespo cost them. Still i thought Crespo, Riquelme, and Mascerano were by far best players then.. I remember that tournament really well

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
ffs Messi has a lot better team in Argentina around him than Ronaldo has in Portugal. Ronaldo always makes the difference for Portugal and is their best player, and Messi isn't for Argentina.

Not...

Ronaldo isn't any better for Portugal than Messi for Argentina. Argentina's isn't really that amazing, they have loads of attackers, Messi, Aguero, Milito, Tevez etc. and good DM's Mascerano and Cambiasso, but then look at their defense... At to that the fact that they're coached THE worst coach in a top country and you have a disastor.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Argentina had a hell of a team during the 07 Copa America and they dominated until they meet Brazil. To be fair to Messi, he was good in that tournament but disappeared in final and since then he his performance for the NT has been garbage.

It funny South American defenses handle him better than the European ones.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Brazil's 5 World Cup beg to differ as well. Too bad, you can't put all the games of those tournaments together.

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Brazil's 5 World Cup beg to differ as well. Too bad, you can't put all the games of those tournaments together.

Try and understand the point of my post before replying ;)

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Try and understand the point of my post before replying ;)
Well you quoted " Brazil > Argentina" so no matter what the point of you post was, I had to mention the 5 world cups.:o

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Messi who? :o
Messi who is @ 22 has done better than white nose Maradona.
Its amazed that u dont know the player who is better than 5kg gel C.Ronaldo.
U dont know him yet ?
Well watch him tonight destroy CR but meanwhile

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Messi who is @ 22 has done better than white nose Maradona.

Maradona took it through the nose and Messi took it through a needle. Same difference :o

Its amazed that u dont know the player who is better than 5kg gel C.Ronaldo.

U dont know him yet ?

I actually do know him. It's the 120Kg Real Ronaldo :D

Buhuhuhuhuwayyyyayyyhuwayyyyy

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We will see about that but u might suddenly have a life , we never know.

:D

Did I tell you I'm going on vacation tomorrow? I might cancel it last minute though :tongue:

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players

I am humbled by tonights result.

As of now Messi >>> CR.

Maybe the pressure got to him or maybe it's the fact that he had noobs in support (compared to Messi) but if tonights game proved one thing it's this:

Xavi >>>>>>>>>>> CR+Messi

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
Messi didn't came to look for the glory this game.
He came to do the work, just like the whole barca.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
wonderful player but i agree with wetones, xavi is assist machine

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
hamster_001.jpg

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I am humbled by tonights result.

As of now Messi >>> CR.

Maybe the pressure got to him or maybe it's the fact that he had noobs in support (compared to Messi)

+1 to all that, sad to admit.

Though im finding a lot of comfort in madthercot's recent rants (esp at 'bring out the syringes' somewhere else). Never though I'd say that but I'm loving all his Barca related comments. hey mad keep it up and just for the sake of motivation let me remind you that Ronaldo also used to play for Barca. :)

And hes right about Barcas method really, its getting pathetic tbh. this is what some other guy posted on another forum

The english speaking media may have been creaming their pants at the Galacticos, But there was always the complaint that Uncle Floren spent his way to success or complaints of Madrid's imperial, fascist past. Madrid may have been 'sublime on the night' but you can bet some loser would moan as only a loser could, about Madrid's spending, their debt, their lack of canteros or the links to Franco.

With Barca it is different, they have plenty of canteros and it seems they have done things the 'fair' way. If a Barca player dives he slipped, if he goes in for a bad tackle it was unfourtunately mistimed, if Laporta spends 25 million o somebody it is an exception. If a Barca player boasts its fine, he was only joking and is put in the shade by the imperial, arrogant Madrid. If an opposing side dares to use some of their physicality they are tbrutes who play anti - football (a ridiculous idea if ever there was one, the whole idea of anti - football is prevelant in Arsenal fans as well). You get the impression that every Barcelona player, being the he is playing in Barcelona - the city of art and culture- is an 'artiste' right from the start. That whole pretentiousness that Barca, Arsenal etc suffer from I find unbearable.

I believe thats what madtehchot keeps pointing out as hypocritical and its indeed really annoying.

Last edited:

Schedule