Lionel Messi Thread

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lionel Messi - 6: Hailed as a genius in recent weeks but today showed he was human. Showed great touch as always but was frustrated by a combination of great defending and some lax refereeing. Perhaps guilty of trying a little too hard for a goal.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Regarding Ronaldo's NT, he was the best player at Euro 2004 and WC O6. The only reason he didn't win in 06 is because the English flooded in and voted for Ribery to spite him. (he came second).

most failed post ever??

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
young player was podolski

Yeah Milano is asking what ManUtd fan was talking about. He did fucked up in saying the Ribery part though (or maybe it is right but it's not well understood).

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
^^sensed a bit of anger from u, sorry for my misunderstanding

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Meh, maybe I got the Ribery part wrong, but I'm right about the English trying to screw Ronaldo:

http://www.bikersoracle.com/vfr/forum/showthread.php?t=66727&page=2

Ronaldo was booed during Portugal's semifinal defeat to France,[82] and missed out on the competition's Best Young Player award due to a negative e-mail campaign from England fans.[83] Though the online vote only affected the nomination process, FIFA's Technical Study Group awarded the honour to Germany's Lukas Podolski, citing Ronaldo's behaviour as a factor in the decision

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cristiano_Ronaldo#Early_career

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Lionel Messi - 6: Hailed as a genius in recent weeks but today showed he was human. Showed great touch as always but was frustrated by a combination of great defending and some lax refereeing. Perhaps guilty of trying a little too hard for a goal.

LOL!

LOL!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLOL!

Even Osasuna figured it out.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Ronaldo vs Messi is a matter of preferences. They are both one of the best players in the world.

In football terms Ronaldo is more complete because he shoots with his left, right and Messi depends most on his left foot but is fast as hell and one on one is unstopable...

As for Messi being marked out of games, it can happen. Ronaldo was owned by Oddo+Gattuso in the semis of the CL. No football player can play 60 great games per season...

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
As for Messi being marked out of games, it can happen. Ronaldo was owned by Oddo+Gattuso in the semis of the CL. No football player can play 60 great games per season...

Exactly! IMO One good DM/CB/FB can take out CR. I feel only a world class one could stop Messi.

But, and this is where CR has the upper hand, he has so many more weapons in his Arsenal. Free kick. Header from a corner. Long range rocket. DIve to win a penalty :tongue:

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
Exactly! IMO One good DM/CB/FB can take out CR. I feel only a world class one could stop Messi.

But, and this is where CR has the upper hand, he has so many more weapons in his Arsenal. Free kick. Header from a corner. Long range rocket. DIve to win a penalty :tongue:

didn't messi have it too?? :tongue::D

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
human_hamster_wheel_1.jpg

:proud:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
^ got tired of trolling in the dinho thread? :tongue:

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
LOL!

LOL!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLOL!

Even Osasuna figured it out.

oh man seriously, every player can have an average/bad game, i suppose since your a Milan supporter, you should know about players having bad games, and besides, if every team is gonna defend with 7 defenders to stop messi, that just shows how great he is and how hard he is to stop, and obviously if he has a bad game, numbers in defence >> messi or any player.

Messi atm is the best player in the world, proving it in every club competetion he plays in, and im pretty sure hes gonna light it up in the world cup if Maradona gets his choices right and fields a proper team.

Last edited:

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Well Messi has one weapon in his arsenal that Ronaldo doesn't.

Barca players are quite adept at using their hands.

Messi atm is the best player in the world, proving it in every club competetion he plays in, and im pretty sure hes gonna light it up in the world cup if Maradona gets his choices right and fields a proper team.
If Messi is really that good, it shouldn't depend on Maradona. btw, he has been far from 'lighting it up' in qualifiers and friendlies, so its hard to see him do that in a world cup.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
messi should score even if maradonna benches him

on other news barca are back to top, xavi has to come up with a good ck to win three points.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
If Messi is really that good, it shouldn't depend on Maradona. btw, he has been far from 'lighting it up' in qualifiers and friendlies, so its hard to see him do that in a world cup.

2006 world cup when he was just 18 he did well, and he did well in many games for argentina in the qualifiers despite having the likes of palermo alongside him in attack not to mention an off form tevez.

Besides in the national team the team was ALWAYS changing, its hard to adjust to different team mates that you train with for like 1 week, you cant expect him to play like hes playing in barcelona, he trains with his barca team mates every single day so the chemistry is on many different levels.

if Argentina play something like
Mascherano Cambiaso
(riquelme/veron/anyone who can create)
Messi Tevez
Milito

Im confident he's going to shine.

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players

This is exactly my problem with the ridiculous Maradona comparisons. What great team did Maradona have when he won Argentina the World Cup in 86? What great team did he have at Napoli?

Yet he managed to shine against some of the best teams in the world (England, West Germany, THE AC MILAN '87-'91). Maradona proved himself in the most defensive league in the world which was, at the time, also the best league in the world. Messi? :rolleyes:

For me he's great. But against a good defender or an organized defense, he'll choke. Maradona never had that problem. Ronaldo never had that problem and proved himself in every league (except EPL). Messi has yet to do it.

CR is easier to stop but has more weapons. And posting videos of Messi scoring a header, freekick etc doesn't change the fact that CR does it consistently and Messi doesn't.

Run Midget Run!

LOL!

He hasn’t quite recaptured the dazzling World Player of the Year form with Manchester United, but it’s hard to argue with a player who is currently (at time of writing) the team’s joint leading goalscorer with 24 goals in all club competitions: 17 in La Liga and 7 in the Champions League.

Plaudit also has to be given for his quick adaptability not just to the Spanish game, but into a team filled with new faces, and one that was lacking in stability and confidence at the start of the campaign. Not only that, he showed no signs of the immense pressure weight down on him by his mammoth €94 million transfer fee which effectively made him the world’s most expensive footballer.

One thing that he has brought over to the Santiago Bernabeu from Old Trafford is his trademark freekicks where he remains as lethal and precise as ever.

Portugese *** with his Milano84 style dress sense >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Midget/Gnome/Gary Coleman

Last edited:

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
lionel messi international honours fifa u20 world cup and olympic gold 08, cristiano ronaldo international honours ZERO.
messi 22, ronaldo 25.messi has 3 oppurtunities at wc 2010,14,18 .ronaldo 2 chances ,2010,1014
so please stop the bullshit that messi hasnt done shit international because ronaldo hasnt done shit either.

ps. id rather be a player who gets passed 4 players and score then score a rocket from the halfway line.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Portugese *** with his Milano84 style dress sense >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Midget/Gnome/Gary Coleman

lets be fair. you haven't a clue how i dress. I think CR9 is hilarious in his dress (TBH), I'm not actually into that sorta thing...

I keep it more street ;)

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
If you could pull off how he dresses, you would.

I could easily pull it off.... I would not.

Not a fan of hair gel or oversized belt buckles. Incredibly tacky. Hair gel is for 14-16 year olds who all wear the 'van persie gel wall' (hey I did it too, who didn't at that age?). Belt Buckles, i just royally despise (and thats mostly related to a guy who i hate who always wore ******** belt buckles with a polo shirt front tucked.)

as for the jeans or unnecessarily unbuttoned shirts/v necks. Might be guilty of doing that on occasion.

scarfs and boots though... thats a strong possibility.

Do I need to open a "M84 Fashion thread"???

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I could easily pull it off.... I would not.

Not a fan of hair gel or oversized belt buckles. Incredibly tacky. Hair gel is for 14-16 year olds who all wear the 'van persie gel wall' (hey I did it too, who didn't at that age?). Belt Buckles, i just royally despise (and thats mostly related to a guy who i hate who always wore ******** belt buckles with a polo shirt front tucked.)

as for the jeans or unnecessarily unbuttoned shirts/v necks. Might be guilty of doing that on occasion.

scarfs and boots though... thats a strong possibility.

Do I need to open a "M84 Fashion thread"???

What about manbags? Or swimsuits?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
What about manbags? Or swimsuits?

when you say manbag do you mean

Option A

Option B

Option C

I do use one like Option B, I'd probably use one like option C. Never Option A though. Impractical

Hamsik owns that look now.

Yes. Mostly so we can get hair advice from the Eastern Europeans and Latinos.

no no no

van-persie-5424.jpg

Van Persie has that "Gel Wall" You know where you run a comb thru it (who uses a comb?) to get the front perfectly 90 degree angle w/ rest of your hair combed forward

hamsik.jpg

Hamsik has the punk kid version.

But Van Persie, i swear EVERY one from age 13 to say 17 had that hair style at some point

Last edited:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
when you say manbag do you mean

Option A

Option B

Option C

I do use one like Option B, I'd probably use one like option C. Never Option A though. Impractical
Option A, it's so much more C.Ronaldo fashion. Can't say I'm surprised you (or most guys) would used an Option B or a C (though that one looks like my mom's black purse).