German Bundesliga Thread

kakarulez

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
If bayern don't win today, they probabaly won't qualify for the CL next year. Means, we can steal Lahm and Schweinsteiger :D :star:

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
bayern-hamburg 1-2
Monchengladbach 0-1 (0-0) Stuttgart

bayern will not play ch.league next year

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Toni must be so lookin' forward to his transfer to Bayern Munich now... lolz... he wants to play CL football only to be denied once again...

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
milanissimo said:
bayern-hamburg 1-2
Monchengladbach 0-1 (0-0) Stuttgart

bayern will not play ch.league next year

who scored?

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
There's been some reports that Luca Toni has signed a contract with Bayern Munich. Nothing official yet, I think, but...wow. Hmph.

Metalheadache

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Janku, Kaka, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Pippo, Gilardino, Dida & Co.
^^ Just read that Klose had talks with Hitzfield (sound like James Hetfield eh?) and Houness... and he appologized

GW

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Flamini, Pippo, Nesta, T. Silva, Pjanic, Begovic, Besic
Arminia-Werder 3-2

So Schalke still on top in Bundesliga!!!

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gatusso warrior said:
Arminia-Werder 3-2

So Schalke still on top in Bundesliga!!!
..and Werder finished the game with five strikers :)

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Damn, I wanted Werder to win :head: How many games are till the end of Bundesliga ? Anyone ?

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Breaking News: "Bayern Munich's hopes of playing in [next season's] Champions League were effectively ended when they were held to a 1-1 draw at relegated Borussia Moenchengladbach."

(ESPN.com)

So, it looks like all they have left to play for in terms of Europe is a UEFA Cup spot.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
BMWTaylor said:
Breaking News: "Bayern Munich's hopes of playing in [next season's] Champions League were effectively ended when they were held to a 1-1 draw at relegated Borussia Moenchengladbach."

(ESPN.com)

So, it looks like all they have left to play for in terms of Europe is a UEFA Cup spot.
That should also be the end of any chance Munich had of getting Luca Toni as well. If Toni wants to play for a side not in the CL next year, he has that with Fiorentina.

Rex

Reaction score
BMWTaylor said:

(ESPN.com)

Time to rejuvenate.

UEFA Cup surely aren't their spot to 'show-what-they-got' though. They are likely having not too serious to be the participants in that 2nd grade competition, rather much compete to race for Deuschter Meister instead. Up next season will be the club's evaluation on who's getting rid of and who's managing to save their ass in roster. The likes of Roque Santa Cruz, Ali Karimi, Claudio Pizarro and Roy Makaay may set themselves ready for leaving the club as they had already bought the youngsters, Alemania's Jan Schlaudraff, Estudiantes' Jose Ernesto Sosa. The defeats from Milan, Stuttgart, and Hamburger SV and struggling pace in domestic has been the wake-up call to reorganize the team in general.

Oh, don't make Oli Khan to be 'untouchable' again for his spot, just give that damn role to the young Rensing for full regular line-up. :rolleyes:

P.S. Toni could've changed his mind if he is offered the big salary than he gets in Fiorentina. Money's been talking in this case.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Yes, there are a lot of players on Bayern's squad that aren't of Bayern's high standards. Your defense, I'd say, is the better part of your side since Sagnol, Lucio, Van Buyten and Lahm are excellent players. Though maybe more depth wouldn't be a harm in case of injuries + lack of form.

I feel your midfield and attack need a complete overhaul. I actually like Hargreaves and think you should stick with him. Not much of a Van Bommel fan as I think a genuine playmaker would do a better job than him. But with Sali set to leave, Hitzfeld has the perfect opportunity to reinvent the team with his admirable choice in formations + setups. Give him a decent budget to work with, and I feel he's very capable of making the collective team's effort much greater than the sum of its players, mainly because of his sound formations + tactics. Who knows, he might convert Bastian into a a playmaker or an attacking midfielder ala Kaka'. I feel he's the right man for the job ... at least stick with him for one more year; give him a whole season (and not half) to try and build a team.

Toni would be an excellent buy. Even though he didn't have the best of WCs + hasn't been outstanding this season, I think he's well worth the investment and will give you guys incredible strength in the air especially in set pieces. But firstly, he's a top striker who amazes me since I though size + speed and technique couldn't co-exist.

Should all start with Rensing becoming No. 1 + I think a strong UEFA CUP campaign couldn't do you much harm. I'll chalk you down as favorites even at this moment in time :)

Come on Werder :tongue: :D

Rex

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more with the midfield and attack need overhaul, but I'd say let's do it a bit slowly, not in hurry to make massive change could do harm of game-plan they set for up next season though.

Hargreaves, I have no idea about him, though I like his 'power' to anchoring of center midfields, his exit offload to ManU remains to be seen. For it's been a while, the player itself desperately wanted to play in EPL, and luckily ManU seem easily get him put his hand on contract sign after President Beckenbauer stated of late that he lets the Englishman off leaving Bayern. Aside from Demichelis could be the player left to count on, I'd much rather they need to splash out a hard-men+ball winner such as Gattuso to fill in the spot, in case Hargreaves eventually leaves the club. Should the youngsters such as Fürstner, Saba, Ottl, Lell, Hummels given chance to play more often, keep them in 'maintaining' their football touch when having to add contribution in big stage anyway. Here's the new signing Jose Sosa could be plotted to replace Hargreaves' providing the players is easily to adapt and getting improve into Hitzfeld's footballing and living up to expectations in the end.

I was actually surprised + delighted when hearing ex-Villareal, Riquelme reportedly had been linked to the club back then, but unfortunately no actions whatsoever to drag him into Allianz Arena indicates the club are too cautious to splash out another big signings which may leave the trail of club's debt though. If the Argentine would've come in, plotted in Ballack's role, Van Bommel was in the bench, let others such as Bastian, Salihamidzic, and Hargreaves play in diamond-formation, with Riquelme set as alone to playmaking the build-up play. With Bastian's capability to dictate the game as well, the exchange the role + position between Riquelme would've been varied the attack.

Hamit Altintop has already joined the team. He might take over Salihamidzic's in the right midfield.

Even I am not on high into UEFA Cup, I wouldn't be surprised if Bayern early gets kicked out of the competition and reorganize the strength to get Bundesliga title or CL campaign and focus on preventing a repeat in future instead. The other arch-rivals surely do the similar to secure their top position back, a tight Bundesliga once more caught to eye to deliver.

Oh, hope Bremen couldn't slip early in UCL campaign next season. :tongue:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ Lets hope they get an easier group + find an adequate replacement for Frings should he leave. Also, Borowski having more luck with injuries will make them a much better unit ... quite a graceful player IMO, reminds me of Ballack at Leverkusen. Don't know much about Klose's future either ...

I can't really comment on the Bayern young since I've only seen Ottl and Lell twice. I thought Ottl exceeded expectations at the San Siro and Lell did pretty good when he came on for Sagnol. However, they both disappointed in the return leg. With failing to clinch a UCL birth likely to see a Hargeaves departure, this may be a 'makeshift' season for the Bavarians with UCL qualification a major priority. I wouldn't rely on capturing Riquelme now for the same reasons.

However, while this is a good opportunity for the young, proven experienced players should be brought in midfield. Not a huge Altintop fan, but I haven't seen much of him either. But players of the same mold would be fine for next season ... the more the better since depth in options should lead you to a UCL spot. Probably, one or two of them may actually prove to be worthy of the biggest stages.

I'm not a Bayern advocate, but I'm an Effenberg fan on and off the pitch :D The manner in which they dominated teams like Real at the Bernabeu really is a testament to their (then) position as a true European power. Something I'm afraid to say is a far cry at the moment.

A long term project lasting 3-5 years should reap benefits at the end especially with the likes of Bastian and Podolski already in the squad. Werder + Co. wont make it easy though ...

Last edited:

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Werder Bremen 1-2 Eintracht Frankfurt
Bochum 2-3 Stuttgart
Dortmund 2-0 Schalke

Stuttgart 67
Schalke 65
Werder 63

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WERDER BOTTLED IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
icon_evil.gif
:mad:

I knew it.. I fuckin knew it. These shits are all strutting around with 3 cell phones glued to their ears, waiting for calls from their agents... No one gives a fuck about Werder anymore.. someone kill them.. I would do it myself, but I have principles :mad:

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
milanissimo said:
Werder Bremen 1-2 Eintracht Frankfurt
Bochum 2-3 Stuttgart
Dortmund 2-0 Schalke

Stuttgart 67
Schalke 65
Werder 63

:D! YES!! Come on! just one more point Stuttgart!

Rex

Reaction score
Sorry for the title hopes for Bremen has gone. But I had to say Bundesliga really caught me to eye the actions this season. How visually dramatic at the end Stuttgart's Cacau shed tears when securing his side to Bundesliga title stepping over Schalke who suffered to Dortmund defeat.

It looks Bremen themselves who 'ruined' the chance though.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Yeah ... Werder and Diego in particular, did lose steam toward the end of the season. Not only was/is the Bundesliga's climax entertaining, I think the level of football has picked up by a notch in comparison to recent years. A new horizon of fresh talent is being created ... must say, Odonkor didn't look out of place against Barca. After a brief break, I think the world needs another masterclass performance from Germany. Everyone, at some time or the other, had to fall in love with the unlovable Sammer, Hasler, Matthaus, Effenberg, Voller, Klinsmann ... fantastic side they were.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
vani_pirlo_21 said:
:D! YES!! Come on! just one more point Stuttgart!
Hahaha.. I don't mind Stuttgart + your Mexicans :-)tongue: ) becoming Deutscher Meister, but don't count your chickens just yet, it's not really over. All it takes is Cottbus, arguably the most unpredictable team out there, to get a draw in Stuttgart + Schalke to beat Bielefeld 4-0 + Schalke would be champions on goal difference :rolleyes:

Oh yea + Milan should sign Gomez :devil3:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
milanissimo said:
this guy is doing really well, where di they find him :D ?
Has been playing for Stuttgart since 2001 (reserves or 'amateurs' until 2005).

Schedule