Vincenzo Montella Thread

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The way Sevilla played, it's like he took the criticism he received at Milan and made those changes at Sevilla.

We used to hold possession and shoot the ball 3 times with montella. Against Man U they took i think 48 shots in 2 legs

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Hmm that shots stat is impressive.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Good win :thumbsup: As most people with tactical sense has already said, he's a very good coach if the team is dotted with technical players.

A shoo-in for Italian national team if I do say so...

unless Giampaolo pips him, that is

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Well done vincenzo...

Just shows what you can achieve when you dont have fodder like suso and bona as your main players.

montellas problem at milan was he let mirabelli buy whatever he wanted to buy and didn't question his decisions. this naive decision fucked him over royally. i still think montella is better tactically than gattuso in all honesty

Yeah, that's why Rino is on the road to getting us CL spot with the same players.

U serious? :lol:

Two wonder games > 1.5 years(+his time at Samp) where he couldn't manage to get his dick up?

Maybe Sevilla type of team suits him better, but he's no master tactician. Got snubbed by Jesus loving Bacca.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
Yeah, that's why Rino is on the road to getting us CL spot with the same players.

U serious? :lol:

Two wonder games > 1.5 years(+his time at Samp) where he couldn't manage to get his dick up?

Maybe Sevilla type of team suits him better, but he's no master tactician. Got snubbed by Jesus loving Bacca.

gattuso is great dont get me wrong man, but if this milan can hold possession today its because of montella, rino says it himself

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
The way Sevilla played, it's like he took the criticism he received at Milan and made those changes at Sevilla.

We used to hold possession and shoot the ball 3 times with montella. Against Man U they took i think 48 shots in 2 legs

I was watching the first leg and if it werent for DDG they would easily have won it...

Btw United only had 4 shots on target over the 2 legs :fp:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

umm, no.
I've seen you and Necro somehow criticize Montella for this, when he should be criticized for the opposite. Sure there were a lot of slow, lateral passing that didn't lead to anything, and clear inability to create clearcut chances, but don't let that make you forget the tons of poor attempts from distance by wannabe-heroes Hakan, Borini, Bona, Kessie, RicRod(and also Suso, though his were threatening/productive) that was extremely frustrating to watch. It has cooled down a bit under Rino, but we seem to be going back to ít, judging by last games.

We were Top 3(even Top 2 iirc) in shots earlier this season, while dwelling in midtable.
Montella even boasted about the amount of shots.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Pep:" Montella? i believe hes the best coach in the world after me of course (laughs). His football is pure genius, you can see i always try to copy him and play similar to him, it refreshes my ideas. Will i ever be his assistant in the future? Maybe.. Who knows if he calls "

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Idk about to get thumped by Bayern

More to do with Mourinho somehow being worse, someone who has lost the plot.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Did he really think he's gonna win vs Barca?
giggle.gif

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Over-achieving real hard :proud:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Vincenzo Montella is amazing, he wouldn’t lose to Benevento

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
boy is about to get sacc

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma

Actually....and I know y'all are going to hate me for saying this.

Montella has a lot of good points to his coaching but like Gattuso, he also has some flaws. Sevilla did pretty good in the CL to get to where they are...but their defense is horrific.

I'm not so sure getting beaten by a fired up Barcelona is that bad....but getting 5 goals dropped on you by the smaller teams isn't acceptable.

The best of Gattuso + The best of Montella would make an actually decent coach.

They are both pretty new in the coaching game....I mean just the other day, they were facing each other on the pitch or playing together on the NT.....but I hope that they both continue to grow!

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Actually....and I know y'all are going to hate me for saying this.

Montella has a lot of good points to his coaching but like Gattuso, he also has some flaws. Sevilla did pretty good in the CL to get to where they are...but their defense is horrific.

I'm not so sure getting beaten by a fired up Barcelona is that bad....but getting 5 goals dropped on you by the smaller teams isn't acceptable.

The best of Gattuso + The best of Montella would make an actually decent coach.

They are both pretty new in the coaching game....I mean just the other day, they were facing each other on the pitch or playing together on the NT.....but I hope that they both continue to grow!

How long since Milan actually have a top coach, and not someone is just new with the job?

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
n00bz don't care about that....mention Conte or Sarri and you hate the club :proud:

Tbh those same noobz are creaming for Conte.... it's Sarri that get's their catenaccio loving backs up :lol:

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
His last win was Manchester United lol

His teams can't score and cant defend, he's a hopeless coach.

Schedule