Votes: 49 57.6%
  • nain

Votes: 36 42.4%

• Total voters

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
why spaletti can be milan couch?

Milan uses special sports-car seats in the Stadium bench and dressingroom. The Spaletti couches might be comfy but the only place to use them would be Milanello but there we use Silvio's old ones. They might have few white stains on them but they are nicely used in(so to speak) like shoes that get more comfortable after wearing them a while.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
I asked because i heart that per season a couch can just seat on one team bench. is it right?

You're rite. But spalleti could take Tassoti's place.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
You're rite. But spalleti could take Tassoti's place.

He wouldn't he's too proven w/ roma and udinese to ever take an assistant role. although when u mention tassotti, it makes me wonder why he's NEVER gotten a head coaching opportunity...

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He wouldn't he's too proven w/ roma and udinese to ever take an assistant role. although when u mention tassotti, it makes me wonder why he's NEVER gotten a head coaching opportunity...

For sure.. would be the right thing to do instead of Leo.
But, to Berlusconi i think, 'imagine' counts. hehe

But you know.. i think Tassoti would be too, just a extention of Carleto.

SanSiro2009

Beginner
Reaction score
It is a big mistake to think that Marco van Basten can help Milan. Let me tell you what happened last year at Ajax:

- Over 30 million invested in new players (this is a insane amount of money for the Dutch league)
- Van Basten had a squad that was superiour compared to the other Dutch teams (Huntelaar, Suarez, Vermaelen)
- The team played very inconsistent and did not show any improvement
- In april Van Basten admitted that he had lost control over the squad and that he wanted to resign. He also said that he didn't think that he could make things better in the future. This was actually very special because not many coaches admit they are incapable, but Van Basten was very honest about it and should be respected for this.
- After Van Basten left and a new coach was appointed rumours appeared over the very bad physical condition of all players of the Ajax squad.

So stop dreaming: Van Basten is not capable at the moment to be head coach at Milan and he is fully aware of that himself. Van Basten was one of the world's best football players ever but he is no Guardiola, Rijkaard or Ancelotti.

I disagree.
You probably forgot what he's done in the European Championship.
He won against Italy and France. That was a great accomplishment.
Yes Holland could've become the New European Champion if it wasn't for the loss against Russia. Did they lose because of Van Basten or because of the problems with Boulahrouz ? We will never know. Maybe both were the reason for losing.

Wth Ajax it didn't go that well, you're right. But Rijkaard wasnt great at Sparta aswell.
They relegated because of Rijkaard but after Sparta he won the champions league with Barcelona.
Rijkaard needs good players.. i think that it is the same with Van Basten.
Both need topclubs to coach.

Conclusion is that it can't get much worse then now.
Maybe Van Basten can do anything good ?? i don't know.
I know that he was great with Holland.
Holland had a better team then ajax.
I even hoped that MVB stayed with Holland for the World Cup.
I guess that Rijkaard would be a better option for Ac Milan but he's with Galatasaray now :(

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I disagree.
You probably forgot what he's done in the European Championship.
He won against Italy and France. That was a great accomplishment.
Yes Holland could've become the New European Champion if it wasn't for the loss against Russia. Did they lose because of Van Basten or because of the problems with Boulahrouz ? We will never know. Maybe both were the reason for losing.

He beat italy and france by using a younger/faster squad against 2 aging squads. How is he gonna do that @milan??? where is our sneijder, van der vaart, robben, van persie etc. etc. etc.

All his teams had horrible organized defenses. you can say holland lacks defensive talent but ajax didn't (comparative to rest of erdivisie).

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
So we should get him just cause he beat Italy and France eventhough the rest of his results as a coach have been not good.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
I'm seriously waiting for day Leo loses it and puts himself at LB. He'd probably do just as well......
Zambia vs Siera Leone ... I'm thinking 2003-2004. Zambia needed to win at home, in the 85th minute, coach Kalusha Bwalya came on to play his last game for Zambia. Scored with a freekick, and Zambia won 1-0 :proud:

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He beat italy and france by using a younger/faster squad against 2 aging squads. How is he gonna do that @milan??? where is our sneijder, van der vaart, robben, van persie etc. etc. etc.

All his teams had horrible organized defenses. you can say holland lacks defensive talent but ajax didn't (comparative to rest of erdivisie).

you have to think foward.. if a team have a good attack system, you dont have to worry about the defense.

But you have to be focus all the time.

Two examples.. Brazil of 1970 and Brazil of 1982.

If in one day you attack is not inspired, you might have some trouble. :)

SanSiro2009

Beginner
Reaction score

I guess you didn't read everything i said.
He had a better squad with Holland in comparison to Ajax.
There are a lot of factors why it didn't go that well with Ajax.
It's not only his fault. AND he was never 11th of 20 teams in the competition.
Maybe this is comparing apples with oranges.

I'm just saying that if he gets a skilled squad he might surprise people.

Nobody guessed that Rijkaard would win the champions league with barca after relegating sparta from the top level in the Netherlands.. Look what rijkaard is doing with Galatasaray.

SanSiro2009

Beginner
Reaction score
and he wouldn't.

I just wanna give leo a shot w/ a capable squad before i replace him

Yeah i understand what you mean. I was just giving my 2 cents regarding this topic.

We're f.cked with Berlu if he stays and not changes this crap.

MilanMarkus

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I guess you didn't read everything i said.
He had a better squad with Holland in comparison to Ajax.
There are a lot of factors why it didn't go that well with Ajax.
It's not only his fault. AND he was never 11th of 20 teams in the competition.
Maybe this is comparing apples with oranges.

I'm just saying that if he gets a skilled squad he might surprise people.

Nobody guessed that Rijkaard would win the champions league with barca after relegating sparta from the top level in the Netherlands.. Look what rijkaard is doing with Galatasaray.

I'm sorry but you don't know what you are talking about. Van Basten wasn't sent away at Ajax after bad performances: it was van Basten's OWN decision.

And do you know why? Because Van Basten knows that he doesn't have the skills yet to be a head coach and he also said this in public.

SanSiro2009

Beginner
Reaction score
i dont know what im talking about? Im from amsterdam and my fav club here is ajax. I never said dat van basten was sent away. I know that it was his own decision to quit.

Last edited:

MilanMarkus

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i dont know what im talking about? Im from amsterdam and my fav club here is ajax. I never said dat van basten was sent away. I know that it was his own decesion to quit.

Ok sorry man didn't know that, but I think it is important not to overestimate Van Basten's coaching abilities.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
i'm affraid you are right.

Why You are Affraid? :D

Kidding, For God Sake, Leo need to just focus in make a suitable Tactic and variables technical aspects.

Leo must discover the best of players and train them to create chances and Execute a FULL Sentence from A-Z .

Reorganize the Back Line for LRBs and discover solution in the absent of CBs (Nesta, T. Silva) at minimum.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
1225128439951_2.jpg

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

SanSiro2009

Beginner
Reaction score
Ok sorry man didn't know that, but I think it is important not to overestimate Van Basten's coaching abilities.

That's ok mate ;)
I agree with you.

Even though i try to tell everybody here that Rijkaard started very bad aswell.
I don't think that MVB will never coach again.
And i and many dutchmen were excited the way he began with Holland.

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Leonardo is the man & give him the an half decent squad & he will do well, everyone knew Milan would struggle this season because even Ancelotti struggled with a better squad for the last three seasons.

To conclude if Berlusconi does'nt give Leonardo or another coach some of the players that are needed then Milan cannot do anything at all.

Milan have never been the same since losing 3 fine players in 2006 & that is still the case & even worse today.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Didnt need.
He is always on top.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
welp, if getting van basten means we'll invest in squad and make it quick like his netherlands one. I change my view.... Bring him!

finest hour

At this point, any coach who can get the squad re-juvenated has my vote.

Last edited: