English Premier League Thread II

Who will win the EPL title this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Leandro Damiao's agent claims his client had an enquiry from Southampton, but Damiao wants a more 'ambitious club"

Soton trying for big name strikers, linked to Damiao and Osvaldo, sadly both rejected them, I think they should've opted for lesser names who have the same effect as these two.
I think they're looking for a superstar (obviously not of the highest calibre, as they're just settling themselves in the PL), someone to sell shirts off, someone to rally the team around.

Ricky Lambert isn't cutting it, evidently.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Leaving the training ground:

BRF9GYhCcAAgraW.jpg

Oh god this is the best thing to happen this summer. :lol:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Manchester City have made a staggering €40 million bid for Anzhi's Brazilian attacker Willian [Terrikon]

http://terrikon.com/posts/163096

Not sure how reliable the source is but with Anzhi in turmoil, I expect Spurs and City to shop in Dagestan.

Edit: Y'day read somewhere that Lacina Traore has agreed terms with Liverpool already and in January they will purchase the player on a massive discount, again, not reliable source.

Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tottenham have signed French midfielder Etienne Capoue, 25, from Toulouse for around £9.5m plus £1.7 in bonuses.

littlewing

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Anybody got an idea how City can spend such a huge amount of money when FFP is supposed to be up and running now?
I imagine they might have a good sponsor deal and tv money but that surely doesn´t cover expenses of 140 million if the Willian rumours are true.

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
So fabregas confirms he isnt leaving Barcelona, it looks like Barca's evil plan worked :lol:

Anybody got an idea how City can spend such a huge amount of money when FFP is supposed to be up and running now?
I imagine they might have a good sponsor deal and tv money but that surely doesn´t cover expenses of 140 million if the Willian rumours are true.

Nobody gives a fuck about FFP

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I think they're looking for a superstar (obviously not of the highest calibre, as they're just settling themselves in the PL), someone to sell shirts off, someone to rally the team around.

Ricky Lambert isn't cutting it, evidently.

In a sense of prestige, no. However, he's performing well... got called up for England in the latest squad, iirc.

It is true that Damiao or Osvaldo(less so, but more for those who know of him) would be a spectacular move.

Similar to when they got Gaston Ramirez. Everyone who had ever seen him knew they were making a great deal.

In fact, I'd love Osvaldo here - if we had the money and space, of course... unfortunately, we don't.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
So fabregas confirms he isnt leaving Barcelona, it looks like Barca's evil plan worked :lol:

#mufc spokesperson on Fabregas:"We appreciate Cesc is a contracted player at Barcelona and completely respect everything Cesc has said today"

We're so classy :proud:

2 ridiculously low bids for a player that never wanted to come....we're also fucking idiots :lol:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
#mufc spokesperson on Fabregas:"We appreciate Cesc is a contracted player at Barcelona and completely respect everything Cesc has said today"

2 ridiculously low bids for a player that never wanted to come....we're also fucking idiots :lol:
Very true.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Did the PR machinery retire along with Fergie? Complete mismanagement in that respect. Who bloody gives official statements about bids that were never going to be accepted? To show that you guys are trying? That's so weak.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Hull's Egyptian owner just changed the name of the club to Hull City Tigers :lol:

Wonder what the fans think :D

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Sexy Galliani Pic

When did he make that mistake? Official statement about bids that were not going to be accepted?

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Hull's Egyptian owner just changed the name of the club to Hull City Tigers :lol:

Wonder what the fans think :D
"My dislike for the word 'City' is because it is common. I want the club to be special. "

"It is about identity. 'City' is a lousy identity. Hull City Association Football Club is so long. "

"I have always used short names in business. It gives you power in the science in marketing. The shorter, the more powerful the message. In Tigers, we have a really strong brand."

"AFC is redundant, it is not used by the club. The fans never mention AFC, nor do the media,"

"My personal opinion is I'm disappointed because I'm a bit of a traditionalist,"

"But this guy saved us from liquidation and administration and it's his club. I will still say 'I'm going to watch City', 'I'm going to watch the Tigers', 'I'm going to watch Hull'. I will still say that and so will many other people."

"As far as Hull City Tigers is concerned, the fans - the 25,000 people who will be there for the first home game against Norwich - they'll say 'I'm off down to watch City'. "
This guy sounds very futuristic. Very :mb:. :thumbsup:

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score

Pretty pathetic effort in the transfer window for United so far. You would think they would want to do well, with a new manager and all.

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

classy? You had your manager talk openly about a player every sane person knew you had 0% of signing. Its clear Moyes is preparing fellaini for United fans and he just wanted to show he tried other options before he brought in his real target. United had no intention of signing Cesc imo

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
^^ Politics fucking everywhere!

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
classy? You had your manager talk openly about a player every sane person knew you had 0% of signing. Its clear Moyes is preparing fellaini for United fans and he just wanted to show he tried other options before he brought in his real target. United had no intention of signing Cesc imo

they surely had intention

if cesc was available, they'd jump him. At the time their was doubt, they made an inquiry.

Why wouldn't any club with money make an inquiry on cesc, particularly EPL ones when he's proven to be a difference maker there

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
classy? You had your manager talk openly about a player every sane person knew you had 0% of signing. Its clear Moyes is preparing fellaini for United fans and he just wanted to show he tried other options before he brought in his real target.

Moyes said we made a bid for Fabregas and refused to talk anymore about it. Completely different to other big clubs who constantly talk about a player in the hope of unsettling them. He only confirmed the bid after every fucker in the press room asked him about it, and still didn't elaborate.

That's respectful, whether you like it or not. Even Wenger, who likes to claim he does everything 100% right, does more public tapping up than that :lol:

I think United and Moyes were naïve as fuck in this scenario, but he's been as dignified as possible.

edit:

The chief exec was also ignorant as hell. He told the world we had unlimited funds and could buy anyone in the world.....then bids £26M for Fabregas. Fuck me.

United had no intention of signing Cesc imo

This comment however, is absolute bollocks. Moyes confirmed to journalists that he wants TWO midfielders. A defensive midfielder, and a goal scoring midfielder.

It's a fact we were in for Fabregas. Moyes told Ryan Giggs, who's mate told a few journo's (public knowledge btw). Dennis Irwin also confirmed a few months ago that Fabregas was our major target - before the media got hold of it. Unless you think Moyes would lie to Giggs?

Why would we wait until now to go for Fellaini when his god damn buy out clause finished 10 days ago? We're going for Fellaini because we couldn't get anyone else.

No offence, but the ignorance of some people :fp:

Last edited:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Huehuehue can't even beat Sevilla huehuehue

Chelsea 1st, City 2nd, Arsenal 3rd, United 4th

Lionheart

Banned
Reaction score
Arsenal won't finish in the top four this season. Tottenham will definitely finish above them.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Tottenham without Bale? LOL

I think they're the only team having a worse pre-season than United.

Lionheart

Banned
Reaction score
If they keep Bale, they will have a great season. If Bale leaves, they will still be a force in the Premier League.

If they do go ahead and sell Bale, they will be able to buy a few world class players.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Etienne Capoue successfully passed a medical at Spurs yesterday night, ahead of completing his £9M switch from Toulouse. [Telegraph]

So now AVB has Sandro, Dembele, Parker, Livermore, Paulinho and Capoue who are all similar type of players and will contest for 2-3 spots in midfield depending on formation. I think Parker will leave but still, why so many similar type of players?

dilllb

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Etienne Capoue successfully passed a medical at Spurs yesterday night, ahead of completing his £9M switch from Toulouse. [Telegraph]

So now AVB has Sandro, Dembele, Parker, Livermore, Paulinho and Capoue who are all similar type of players and will contest for 2-3 spots in midfield depending on formation. I think Parker will leave but still, why so many similar type of players?
And Huddlestone. And Holtby. And that kid Tom Carroll. And also 3 strikers (Soldado,Defoe, Adebayor) for one spot.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And Huddlestone. And Holtby. And that kid Tom Carroll. And also 3 strikers (Soldado,Defoe, Adebayor) for one spot.

Holtby will have more of a wingers role or AM. If AVB goes back to his preferred 433 and keeps Bale they would look solid on paper. Just need to add a better CB to partner up with Vertonghen. For me Kaboul and Dawson dont cut it all season long.

dilllb

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Holtby will have more of a wingers role or AM. If AVB goes back to his preferred 433 and keeps Bale they would look solid on paper. Just need to add a better CB to partner up with Vertonghen. For me Kaboul and Dawson dont cut it all season long.
Yeah, AVB is probably gonna use the same version of 4-3-3 from Porto. With Bale (if he stays) taking Hulk's role and with Dembele as b2b mid.

Something like this:
AVBs+Porto.png

If they keep Bale imo they can't miss the top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule