The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Italo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think the next report for FFP is by October 2021.How can you made a conclusion that we must sell tobalance the book?Our wage expenditure is lower than Juve,Inter,Roma,Napoli and we hardly spent in transfer market,we are attracting sponsors now and the way we are going now we will play in CL next year so tell me why we must sell the best players?You are confusing Milan with Lille?

We are hoping to get a settlement agreement in 2021 based on improved financials. Milan's losses in 2018 were around 150Me and in 2019 these were around 100Me (jncluding 20Me from Covid). With the reduction in wages, increased partnerships, January mercato, and participation in EL, Milan can hope to have losses around 50Me/60me this year. While our wages bills are inferior to the clubs you listed, all of them (except Naples) have higher revenues. Roma has nearly 300Me, Inter has 350Me and Juve over 500Me. Napoli has a little over 200m while Milan has around 250Me. The difference is that these clubs are no longer monitored as stringently by UEFA as we are. My post mentioned the possible sale of one or two big players. Bennacer might be one (if a club pays decides to pay the release clause and Bennacer agrees) which would explain the signing of Tonali in preparation to that eventuality (who we still have to pay 15Me in summer to purchase).

Also based on the number of renewals coming up in the next year or two (Kessie, Roma), we might decide to sell some players if they have exorbitant wage requests due to those already conceded to Donna and Ibra. If the rumours are true that Calha is not willing to accept 5Me, this might be a glimpse of the problem we will encounter with future renewals specially Roma who is represented by Raiola.

As mentioned, Inter purchased Ericksen for 20Me and Man U spent more than 60Me for Fernandes last winter mercato. It is not in the realm of impossibility to offload Calha for 20Me to Man U if they are still contenders for some titles and if they are in desperate need for reinforcements in that transfer window. We could use Calha for Dalot and reinforce our AM with Szoboszlai.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No one is going to pay 20M for Hakan with six months remaining on his contract, that’s just absurdity.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Forget about Alaba,I think he earns more than 10mill euros nett at Bayern?Like that you mean wage structures lol..

Im pretty sure he earns closer to 8 million a season net, he wants 12 million or something. But Bayern?s wage structure relative to Bayern and not Milan. Put that into perspective, Alaba is considered one of the best defenders in the world and Hakan wants a salary nearing his current one. Our wage structure is already fucked, lets not damage it any further.

Bayern has a wage structure that works for them and their earnings, they are easily one of the best run clubs in the world. They are not Juventus or Barcelona.

Last edited:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hakan came back from injury early to play against Roma. Where he should have had, hmm... 4-5 assists? Yet apparently that was a "bad game" from him.

Against Udinese, a profoundly ugly game mind you, he had a meh game. Still put in gorgeous corners, though. But sure, let's say his "meh" games are now "bad" games, he was on crutches last week, like... Lol.

The only "fluctuation" to Hakan's form is very simple: he's finally being played in the position that got him hype to begin with. It's not magic. It's not Covid. It's not lack of fans in the stadium. It's literally just... He's slow and we kept playing him as a winger and a CENTRAL MIDFIELDER, and then asked why he's not scoring goals and making more assists. Like... what?

Now the mythology around Diaz--a player I really like--is hilarious to me. Apparently he's a better passer, even though he doesn't pass, and he's more resistant to pressing, when he's got the physique of a small child. He doesn't link-up play that well, he's really a final third kind of guy, but I don't think he works well in the center.

I hate to say this, but he reminds me of Messi. He has that sort of skill set. I'd rather push him to the wing and let him play that style, because I don't think his long-range passing nor his link-up play is good enough to warrant him being our CAM.

The thing is, I really like him as a player, I have high hopes for him, but I'm not sure (yet) whether he can be a viable CAM, particularly in the style we play.

I don't think a game against Sparta Prague is where we gauge the long-term viability of a player. Brahim is a little gem, and I really hope Madrid let him go, because so far, I'm a huge fan.

As far as Szobo, haven't watched enough of him, but if his release clause is truly only 25m, the fact that no one has went for him is odd, especially as he's at Salzburg--where so many talents are being hyped. I wonder if there is something to him that is missing?

Or maybe we buy him and get rid of Hakan? Who knows, lol.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Definitely agree Hakan has massively improved his service on corners.

Our boys can’t do shit with their heads, though.

Fucking captain missing that wide open header against Roma in stoppage time.

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Im pretty sure he earns closer to 8 million a season net, he wants 12 million or something. But Bayern?s wage structure relative to Bayern and not Milan. Put that into perspective, Alaba is considered one of the best defenders in the world and Hakan wants a salary nearing his current one. Our wage structure is already fucked, lets not damage it any further.

Bayern has a wage structure that works for them and their earnings, they are easily one of the best run clubs in the world. They are not Juventus or Barcelona.
Oh I see.No wonder Bayern don't want to entertain him lol..

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Donna bennacer kessie the most important. Hakan can fuck off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
We takin a stroll down bibo-Lod road?

:lol:

What?s the prediction for today General? Got some of my American friends that have been bullish all month on RGR, SWBI and some other stonks. They?re in the ?civil war is coming? camp.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hakan came back from injury early to play against Roma. Where he should have had, hmm... 4-5 assists? Yet apparently that was a "bad game" from him.

Against Udinese, a profoundly ugly game mind you, he had a meh game. Still put in gorgeous corners, though. But sure, let's say his "meh" games are now "bad" games, he was on crutches last week, like... Lol.

The only "fluctuation" to Hakan's form is very simple: he's finally being played in the position that got him hype to begin with. It's not magic. It's not Covid. It's not lack of fans in the stadium. It's literally just... He's slow and we kept playing him as a winger and a CENTRAL MIDFIELDER, and then asked why he's not scoring goals and making more assists. Like... what?

Now the mythology around Diaz--a player I really like--is hilarious to me. Apparently he's a better passer, even though he doesn't pass, and he's more resistant to pressing, when he's got the physique of a small child. He doesn't link-up play that well, he's really a final third kind of guy, but I don't think he works well in the center.

I hate to say this, but he reminds me of Messi. He has that sort of skill set. I'd rather push him to the wing and let him play that style, because I don't think his long-range passing nor his link-up play is good enough to warrant him being our CAM.

The thing is, I really like him as a player, I have high hopes for him, but I'm not sure (yet) whether he can be a viable CAM, particularly in the style we play.

I don't think a game against Sparta Prague is where we gauge the long-term viability of a player. Brahim is a little gem, and I really hope Madrid let him go, because so far, I'm a huge fan.

As far as Szobo, haven't watched enough of him, but if his release clause is truly only 25m, the fact that no one has went for him is odd, especially as he's at Salzburg--where so many talents are being hyped. I wonder if there is something to him that is missing?

Or maybe we buy him and get rid of Hakan? Who knows, lol.
My only question to you is do you think he deserves 6.5 million a season and if so how much do Kessie and Bennacer deserve since they are the ones holding this team together? Only question. I don?t think like Donna anyone wants Hakan to leave but again it comes to what do you do, give him 6.5 mil and then what happens when Kessie and Bennacer ask for more? Are they wrong to do so? Then we have a bunch of players who have never qualified for Champions league or played in a champions league, earning like they have.

Back to our old shitty wage structure we go, top 3 in the league but finishing 5th. Hakan hasn?t proven anything. Let him have a consistent season. We can talk then. You can blame it on position, or whatever issues, doesn?t change the fact. We don?t know if this is the real Hakan or a blip on the radar like before. But he is free to demand whatever he feels he deserves.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I would sell Hakan in a heartbeat, if that means that we'll get Szobo.

Sell Hakan, Krunić and Samu... and here is space for both of Szobo and Diaz.

Same here. Sell Hakan for 8 m in the winter and give it to Salzburg as 1st installment. I doubt anyone would give more for Hakan with only 6 months left

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
Hauge is great talent but Rebic + Leao in front of him. Hakan/Brahim are the CAMs.

The only option for playing time is to replace Samu in the rotation alongside Sale. Maybe play him as SS/CF.

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Hauge is great talent but Rebic + Leao in front of him. Hakan/Brahim are the CAMs.

The only option for playing time is to replace Samu in the rotation alongside Sale. Maybe play him as SS/CF.

I think the management see Leao's future at CF so he will get his chance at LW

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Oh I see.No wonder Bayern don't want to entertain him lol..

Also he wants more of an midfiels role rather the a defensive one so bayern already said he'll leave for free and iirc juve has shown the biggest interest in signing him

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Meh... :D

We haven't seen many fuck ups from him so that's good. But he isn't dominant and his passing isn't good enough. He's brought good leadership and experience but we need to replace him in the starting XI next season. Romagnolis ceiling is higher.

Are we sure about this or is it just a hope because of his age??

Montolivio lived his whole career on this magical ceiling and comparisons then you have players like Cassano and Pato and Bonera who never reach what they were expected for differing reasons.

Romagnoli reads the game very well, is a dangerous option on offensive set pieces but he rarely locks out CF's or intercepts / breaks up play continuously to break the spirit of the opponent. Its the reason most posters are always calling for a better partner at CB.

There may come a time if that alpha CB does come that you let Romagnoli go and opt for a more understated replacement who is making considerably less. I'm fine with the current partnership but really need to see him step up to reach this next level most believe he can attain.

As I said with Calabria, the same goes for Kjaer - it make no sense to look for an upgrade at that spot when you have that player who is no worry at all technically or financially.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My only question to you is do you think he deserves 6.5 million a season and if so how much do Kessie and Bennacer deserve since they are the ones holding this team together? Only question. I don?t think like Donna anyone wants Hakan to leave but again it comes to what do you do, give him 6.5 mil and then what happens when Kessie and Bennacer ask for more? Are they wrong to do so? Then we have a bunch of players who have never qualified for Champions league or played in a champions league, earning like they have.

Back to our old shitty wage structure we go, top 3 in the league but finishing 5th. Hakan hasn?t proven anything. Let him have a consistent season. We can talk then. You can blame it on position, or whatever issues, doesn?t change the fact. We don?t know if this is the real Hakan or a blip on the radar like before. But he is free to demand whatever he feels he deserves.

I doubt that he's actually expecting that kind of money. If I'm being honest, if he continues to perform like he has, then on the open market, yeah, he does deserve that kind of money. Can Milan afford that? I don't know. Kessie, Bennacer, Theo all deserve more than they are being paid, like, they're playing at a very high level.

Hakan actually has qualified for the CL, so it's not like he's some bum. As far as waiting to prove it, I'd agree with you, I really would, the problem is we have the make that choice now, because Mirabelli is a moron, and gave out 4 year contracts instead of 5. If we didn't have to make the decision, like, y'know, soon, then sure, I'd agree with you to "wait and see" but we can't.

And I don't get why it's so crazy to factor in the fact that Hakan has been played out of position 90% of his time here. If we play Theo as a CB and then get mad at him for performing badly, who is in the wrong there?

The pass that Bennacer hit to Ibra against Udinese for the first goal, or his pass to Dalot for his assist to Leao, people have put Sting to shame for the long tantric orgasm they have had over that kind of passing. I love it. But like... Hakan does that shit constantly. There's a reason that every manager, but shit and good have relied on him. It's insane to me how fans don't rate him, insane.

I'd love it if Hakan kept his wage, I'd love it if he said, "I love Milan and will donate my salary to the transfer fund and will play for the love of this shirt." But that's not going to happen.

Just for comparison: Eriksen gets 7.5m, Chiesa is getting 5m, Zileinski gets 3.5m, Pastore gets 4.5m, Radja gets 4.5m, Sanchez 7m, Vidal 6.5m, Mkhitaryan gets 3.8m, Ramsey gets 7m, Bernardeschi gets 4m, Perisic gets 5m, fucking Veretout gets 3m while Hakan is currently on 2.5m; which one of those players performs better than Hakan?

When the team was in 5th, sure, the problem is it has been in 1st, for a long time. Hakan has been critically important to the team's build up play, its style of pressing, and for the fact that he moves the ball quickly. People fixate on the skill of Diaz, but he doesn't release the ball fast enough, that's why I want him to simply be a Messi clone. I think that's where he can do the most damage. Watch Hakan against Inter, the first goal (the pen) is setup by Hakan's pass. The second goal is from the great work of Calabria, Alexis, and then that quick ball out to Leao. That shit looks easy, but it's what makes Hakan a special player. It's an easy pass, but it's one that most players don't make, they just don't.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
According to what was reported by football calciomercato.com, in the summer Wolves were serious for Leao. Both Mendes and Espirito Santo are crazy about the compatriot. Milan, however, said very strongly no. The Rossoneri have no intention of selling him. They consider him among the best talents in Europe.

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Mendes is another pain in the ass agent to us..Iirc,he tries to propose Leao several times to various teams including Juventus:fp: WTF is wrong with him,did he bitter with us because Andre Silva didn't make it here lol...

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
as long as leao plays likes he's been and continues to improve im happy to have him here.'

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
L'Equipe, Marseille don?t want to lose Thauvin on zero but the player would be willing to stay only with a renewal with higher salary. Milan and Napoli ready to attack. Without renewal, Thauvin could leave as early as January.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Hakan defense.

I have no clue how good Szobo is and it is kind of strange other clubs havent triggered his low clause but Hakan didnt have a good game - there is no way around that. Down to pressure, injury not being sharp whatever - he was off and it wasnt to the level as previous.

Also it isnt the first time he has been rumored to leave and out of his own mouth he has stated things. IMO he is replaceable - maybe not his corner taking (I would also like to see him taking more fk closer but Ibra) but his play can be covered by the forwards we have though we would look slightly different.

I would hope though this is just posturing and he can come to a resolution that is not too far out of line with the wage structure and he can get back to his consistent play.

With regards to the rumours and United downplaying - I dont believe he would do well there - People were jumping on Fernandes but his touch and vision are superior imho to Hakan and United's disjointed play and ever changing lineups would see Hakan go back to his former self.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So one bad game against Udinese, after being injured, he's now inconsistent? That doesn't make sense. I think Hakan is better than Bruno, who has used penalties to mask his relatively above-average play. Man Utd is just a mess though. If Hakan goes there, then he's a moron. Hakan has said a lot about staying at Milan, as well, not sure if he's been that high-and-mighty, at least not for a while.

People shitting on Romagnoli and then talking up Kjaer, it's kinda hilarious. Kjaer at Romagnoli's age was worse. Kjaer's career is literally an example of young promise, then mid-career dip, before finding the right place (here) to pull a Barzagli.

Acerbi, another player who people laugh at, was literally trash here at Milan, absolute trash, and then, as he got older, he started playing better.

I think Romagnoli's play gets overlooked, and I think mistakes from Kjaer get excused. I love Kjaer, I think he's great. But I feel like he makes mistakes that people forget. The reality is that Kjaer-Romagnoli is a strong CB partnership, and Romagnoli has been getting better game-by-game.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
I have no clue how good Szobo is and it is kind of strange other clubs havent triggered his low clause but Hakan didnt have a good game - there is no way around that. Down to pressure, injury not being sharp whatever - he was off and it wasnt to the level as previous.

Also it isnt the first time he has been rumored to leave and out of his own mouth he has stated things. IMO he is replaceable - maybe not his corner taking (I would also like to see him taking more fk closer but Ibra) but his play can be covered by the forwards we have though we would look slightly different.

I would hope though this is just posturing and he can come to a resolution that is not too far out of line with the wage structure and he can get back to his consistent play.

With regards to the rumours and United downplaying - I dont believe he would do well there - People were jumping on Fernandes but his touch and vision are superior imho to Hakan and United's disjointed play and ever changing lineups would see Hakan go back to his former self.

He was open to moving but in the last week of mercato he said he'll stay for another year. His buyout clause is 25mil + 20% of future sale. His stats this year are insane, 5 goals and 8 assists in 11 matches, all as a lm

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Milan need to be brave and let Hakan go. We get a better player to replace him ( Szobo ) and we send the others a message

If they pay Hakan what he wants, everyone else will just call their agents and suddenly we?re back in trouble... just close this fucking door

Milan benefit from this scenario financially and technically
Mods need to be brave.

Do I need to say more?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
:lol::lol: Hakan better than Penandes. No, he most certainly isnt.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Only way Hakan deserves 6.5 million per year is if he gives half of it to Ibra.

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
:lol::lol: Hakan better than Penandes. No, he most certainly isnt.

I think since post lockdown until end of last season they got exactly same amount of assist?But Bruno scores a couple more than Hakan right? But since his goal is like 90% penalty and Hakan take 0 penalty maybe Samaldinho is right after all:D

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Meh... :D

We haven't seen many fuck ups from him so that's good. But he isn't dominant and his passing isn't good enough. He's brought good leadership and experience but we need to replace him in the starting XI next season. Romagnolis ceiling is higher.

Kjaer passing is very good. His long passing range is very good for a cb. Better than our midfielders for the exception to hakan.

Yeah, idk what games is MB watching, but passes, especially long ones are one of Kjaer's strong points

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Only way Hakan deserves 6.5 million per year is if he gives half of it to Ibra.

Ibra gets an honest wage, this is a kickback... it goes to Maldini III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule