Week 7: Genoa - Milan 05/10/19 20:45 CET

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Huge negative from this win - GP ain't getting sacked boyz.

If we didn't sack him after an embarrassing loss, we ain't gonna sack him after an embarrassing win.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Not sure GP saw the same Suso as us. He was awful like Hakan, produced nothing for us. Every time he had the ball we slowed to a standstill until Genoa had 11 behind the ball.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not sure GP saw the same Suso as us. He was awful like Hakan, produced nothing for us. Every time he had the ball we slowed to a standstill until Genoa had 11 behind the ball.

Maybe Giampaolo doesn’t feel like we need to play fluid football

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Embarrassing.

GP's line ups are unfathomable. Away to Udinese and away to Genoa I simply have no idea what he was thinking.

I wonder if the team or Boban and Maldini had a word with him at half time. He selected the line up like he wanted to be sacked.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I called it at HT that playing your best players win games. GP does so, and we win. Coincidence? Not saying I should be coach but you know..

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Despite the win, I still believe GP should quit coaching and go back to acting.. he was amazing in his role as Stannis in Game of Thrones. He would do himself and the rest of us a big favor, seriously.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score

It's amazing. Literally everyone on this board sees Suso playing badly, the press unanimously rate him poorly and then Giampaolo says he's great every game.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I'm standing at the edge of the GP train, considering to jump off. His consistently weird XI selections and his admiration for a shit Suso is too much to handle.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I'm standing at the edge of the GP train, considering to jump off. His consistently weird XI selections and his admiration for a shit Suso is too much to handle.

I'm dangling off. I want him to succeed - for Milan to succeed - but he just gets everything wrong and it's so frustrating. This penchant for starting and praising Suso every game when he's offered maybe 2 good chances or created chances in 7 games leading to 1 assist. To start Hakan every game when Hakan is worse than he's ever been. Not starting Leao, or Paqueta, just... so many dumb choices that even us braindead fans can see and know are correct.

I'd much rather rely on pure grinta again and be able to grind results with ugly football and build from there than watch ugly football and lose 4 from 7.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Despite the win, we really didn't look good. It feels like we get over run with pressure to easily, and when the passing isn't there we suffer. For that reason alone we have to play Paqueta and Bonaventura at the same time as they're the only two guys who can consistently move the ball from point a to point b under pressure and without passing.
I guess this is also why Suso keeps getting playing time. For Suso to see the bench, other players have to step up, sadly we haven't seen that yet.

Leao is awesome though :proud:. I don't think Leao wasn't dropped as much as rested for this match, and I don't really mind if we take it easy with him... this team's problems are not his to solve, it's unfair to put everything on him. He doesn't need to be a starter in every game, as long as he gets a good amount of playing time.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Absolute shite performance. I'm glad we got the 3 points, cause we need them badly if we have any hopes of salvaging the season.

Now its up to the wet blankets in charge, to realize we need a better coach.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I'm rewatching the game and it really was a tough game. Genoa looked like they were fighting for their lives, something to learn from.

Duarte looks positive, I hope he starts vs Lecce as well. Composed and disciplined during offside traps among other strengths. Speed and strenght are supposed to be his fortes, so maybe we're in for a treat when he shows tactical awareness already.

Besides the goal Theo contributed exactly what we needed from LB going forward. He causes so much havoc when he speeds up with the ball. He does make some extremely silly defensive mistakes tho.

Paqueta looks confident. Based on this performance I hope this is the line up vs Lecce:

Gigio
Conti - Duarte - Romagnoli - Theo
Kessie - Biglia - Bonaventura
Paqueta
Rebic/Piatek - Leao

Or maybe switch Paqueta and Bona. Jack looked really fresh this game and he maybe has the best attributes to play TQ.

I want to see what we can do with a proper 4-3-1-2 without Suso. Like every other Milan fan alive. We need Piatek to start scoring, but not at the expense of Leao starting. In times like these with the momentum Leao is gathering, we need to build on it. What a talent. Maybe he can salvage this season for us.

Knowing Giampaolo and the fact that Suso starts regardless of performance, I at least hope for this team:

Gigio
Calabria - Duarte - Romagnoli - Theo
Kessie - Biglia - Paqueta
Suso - Leao - Rebic

Last edited:

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm rewatching the game and it really was a tough game. Genoa looked like they were fighting for their lives, something to learn from.

Was there a single match this season where we put the opponent into trouble by pressing?

We weren't amazing at pressing under Gattuso, but we were at least solid.

Under GP we've lost any sense of urgency.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma

Duarte looks positive, I hope he starts vs Lecce as well. Composed and disciplined during offside traps among other strengths. Speed and strenght are supposed to be his fortes, so maybe we're in for a treat when he shows tactical awareness already.

Besides the goal Theo contributed exactly what we needed from LB going forward. He causes so much havoc when he speeds up with the ball. He does make some extremely silly defensive mistakes tho.

Paqueta looks confident. Based on this performance I hope this is the line up vs Lecce:

Gigio
Conti - Duarte - Romagnoli - Theo
Kessie - Biglia - Bonaventura
Paqueta
Rebic/Piatek - Leao

Or maybe switch Paqueta and Bona. Jack looked really fresh this game and he maybe has the best attributes to play TQ.

I want to see what we can do with a proper 4-3-1-2 without Suso. Like every other Milan fan alive. We need Piatek to start scoring, but not at the expense of Leao starting. In times like these with the momentum Leao is gathering, we need to build on it. What a talent. Maybe he can salvage this season for us.

Knowing Giampaolo and the fact that Suso starts regardless of performance, I at least hope for this team:

Gigio
Calabria - Duarte - Romagnoli - Theo
Kessie - Biglia - Paqueta
Suso - Leao - Rebic

Great proposed and actual lineups
Not incredibly impressed by Rebic though.
I'd prefer to stick Leao out left and keep the faith with Penaltech

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Great proposed and actual lineups
Not incredibly impressed by Rebic though.
I'd prefer to stick Leao out left and keep the faith with Penaltech

If only giampaolo had half of his brain working, leao-rebic should flanking penaltek

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
How much time has Rebic been given to prove himself? 30 minutes?

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I still remember when the game against SPAL ended and we were 5th. I was thinking oh men we were so close but my God we will be real contenders and i cant wait for next season. Now 7 games into the new season and i feel so dissapointed..

Schedule