The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 21-10-2012, 20:31   #3581
Mion-Moura
Team Neymar

Fav. Players: Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs

"FODDER" esp. when sciglio's competition doesnt help him

Signature
Mion-Moura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 21:38   #3582
Fiero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaldiniCapitano View Post
abate is a modern full back who's better at going foreward than defending like a lot of other RB.
Yeah he's great at running with full speed till the pitch ends. I can already tell what Abate will do before he does it, it's always the same thing: run at full speed, cut outside, and either hit the defender blocking him with his cross or cross into the arms of the GK then jog back.

Pathetic excuse for a footballer and an international player.
Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 21:45   #3583
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Alex Morgan <3, Pato

he has been pretty good lately and has gotten a lot of unneeded hate. He has put at least 2 crosses directly onto Prince's head, and one to Pazzini and they failed to score. He has been playing fine overall.

Since his crossing isnt a strong point, I wonder how he would take the shift to LB, he could still defend pretty well and would be cutting in to his stronger foot, while freeing up DS to play as RB where he is stronger going forward

Signature
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 21:49   #3584
brigade
Banned

I found De Jong trying too hard to avoid passing the ball to this guy.

And I'm sure all his correct crosses are accidents.
brigade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 22:04   #3585
Fiero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanMilan View Post
he has been pretty good lately and has gotten a lot of unneeded hate. He has put at least 2 crosses directly onto Prince's head, and one to Pazzini and they failed to score. He has been playing fine overall.
When was the last good match he played? Cos it surely wasn't this season or last one. It must have been that Cristiano Ronaldo game which apparently made his career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanMilan View Post
Since his crossing isnt a strong point, I wonder how he would take the shift to LB, he could still defend pretty well and would be cutting in to his stronger foot, while freeing up DS to play as RB where he is stronger going forward
Like his excellent covering in the 3rd goal? Or how Antonini and Montolivo had at different times to leave their positions and cover for that fucker?
Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 23:43   #3586
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Abate: 'Milan must act like men'

Start with yourself Ignazio
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 16:27   #3587
Fiore
National Team Player

Fav. Players: R. Baggio

Sad to see him flip the ball forward and try to cross, coz everytime that "special" move is foreseen by the defenders. Terribly lacking creativity and improvisation, I very much doubt he will improve any more in the future. Verdict: sell, while he's still regarded as an International player.

Last edited by Fiore; 22-10-2012 at 16:30.
Fiore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 22:01   #3588
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiore View Post
Sad to see him flip the ball forward and try to cross, coz everytime that "special" move is foreseen by the defenders. Terribly lacking creativity and improvisation, I very much doubt he will improve any more in the future. Verdict: sell, while he's still regarded as an International player.
Keep him, just move him out of the RB position. The position requires a good understanding of when to attack and when to defend (transition and read of the game.) Unfortunately, Abate is pretty much useless attacking, so why does he go so high on the pitch? I do not know that. I do not think he is awful or great like many people shift their opinion of him; however, I think he could like Rino/Ambro that they were not great technically or gifted passers; however, with the right attitude and place to play he could perform better.
yagami7gnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 22:10   #3589
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

Fav. Players: Allegri, Romagnoli, Bonaventura, Prince, Yepes, Nesta, Seedorf

Abate is absolute trash.

Get rid of the limited piece of crap.

He's regressed so much from those solid defensive heights of 2010... now he's a liability and a one-track mind... highest crossing percentage? true... good at crossing at Milan? Nope... in fact, most definitely the worst crosser we have.

Yes. Abate has managed to plummet to such depths that he is quite easily the worst crosser of the ball we have on our team... and he plays RB..

Signature
Phillipe Mexes of R&B Mafia Games
Silvio Berlusconi - Forever in our hearts
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 22:18   #3590
sushanmilano
Nostalgia....

Fav. Players: Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol

Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post
Abate is absolute trash.

He's regressed so much from those solid defensive heights of 2010... now he's a liability and a one-track mind... highest crossing percentage? true... good at crossing at Milan? Nope... in fact, most definitely the worst crosser we have.

Yes. Abate has managed to plummet to such depths that he is quite easily the worst crosser of the ball we have on our team... and he plays RB..
And the worst thing he has the position locked down due to some hardcore milanista pseudo leader persona he has built up. It pains me to see anto and abate on the field and de sciglio on the bench,

Signature
sushanmilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 01:58   #3591
Sage
Phase 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post
Abate is absolute trash.

probably the only time I'll agree with you concerning Milan.

ahh..the amount of people that argued with me calling him world class, fun times
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 03:39   #3592
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

abate is world class u know sage, i mean he plays for italy national team lol.
Soldier_of_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 03:56   #3593
nuttela
Super Bludfam

in 2010/11 - this guy was my idol.

his rise to the 'top' was inspiring. the nullification of the ronaldo and the eto'o and the fact that it was IMPOSSIBLE for left wingers to cut on his outside and get behind him was the reason why id scream out abate whenever i played football and was gonna run up like a train

thats what he is. a train.

then last season he just looked like a fool on the pitch. the transition was quick and alarming. the abate runs were no more and i was sad

now he just is

whenever he cuts inside *those rare moments* you think he might actually see something, but then you watch the way he is running with the ball, it just looks like he is gonna fail miserably.

i remember back in 09 (leonardo) where even though he made a trillion and three mistakes, i had hope for him and believed he could be something.

he peaked the next season.

now i dont know what to say about him. this season was all about him reestablishing himself and growing into the responsibility on his shoulders but you know what...

the fucker is a satisfied person. he doesn't even look like he enjoys the game. Way too content with his vast array of skills* his speed now only makes him seem worse because of how inefficient he uses it.

We can all cut outside a defender and cross. Pace isn't even required, just timing..

abate needs to be relegated to the bench. as in, seriously benched. not 'rested' so de sciglio can show his aaaah and be benched again. He needs to be benched. De sciglio needs to show him what else a right back can do apart from pass to himself

Was watching liverpool vs reading hours before the lazio episode, players like Glen Johnson are LIGHT YEARS ahead of this guy - even attacking wise, and he was playing left back. Was the most dangerous player on the pitch even though everyone was playing well, he just offered the team that edge which Abate COULD do if he fucking tried to play football and play with more freedom.

His satisfaction and belief that his only move is efficient as hell is restricting him. If I were Allegri, the half where Abate would be on the touchline closer to me would be the worst 45 abate'd cop because of how much shit ill be screaming at him

Needs to play football and act like one. Italy national team player? Good. Now don't punish all of Italia too cos of your limitations. OPEN UP!

try new things, gain confidence on the ball and use your pace as a support factor, not your only one. Players like urby emanuelson have pace and use it well cos it complements their play, de sciglio doesn't even have the rampaging runs in him but he is much more efficient with end product.

Abate, you were an inspiration.

Were.

Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Wesley View Post
GOOOOOOOOL DEEEEL MILAAAAAAAN. HA ILLUMINATO SAN SIRO IL NUMERO UNDICI...GIAMPAOLO....PAZZINIIII....GIAMPAOLO....P AZZINI....GIAMPAOLO PAZZINI!!
nuttela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 03:59   #3594
Yoshi
ahmedwuzhere

Fav. Players: Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato

^Wow fantastic post

Signature
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 05:58   #3595
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpsdr0p View Post
The problem with us is our game plan is fucking ******ed. We play a possession type game (or at least we try) where we thrive on long ball tactics...I mean that right there doesn't make any sense. The game yesterday was the best example of this. Countless of long balls into space the whole game, and our plan did not change at all...
The problem is we have no game plan!!! (Well, unless you count our new refine tactics: When in doubt cross fingers, toes and into the box!)

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 07:30   #3596
joyrider
Il Moderati

Aweome nutella !!
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 07:35   #3597
rosso_nero
World Cup Winner

Abate yesterday called Ibra to ask if there is still an interest in him from PSG[Gazzetta]
rosso_nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 07:42   #3598
Sage
Phase 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosso_nero View Post
Abate yesterday called Ibra to ask if there is still an interest in him from PSG[Gazzetta]
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 08:02   #3599
nuttela
Super Bludfam

He is a fool.

A downright idiot if he thinks after all this shit we've seen all season he has a chance to get himself in the PSG.

Thing is, with him, the love was genuine - the nocerino fantasy existed but it was mainly cos of his looks and them goals - with abate, i would relate on a football pitch and in my life.

I don't like his attitude, it was the only thing going for him - it brought him to the starting xi (cos there was soooo much competition ) but he really did earn it in 10/11

Players like him and Antonini claim to love the shirt - Antonini has his limitations but the guy at least stepped up - he was ronaldinho's legs in 09/10. All you got to do is cut inside from the left flank and Abate would leave you the fuck alone - us fans get annoyed but its worse when he does actually attempt to get the ball, he'd do something dumb. Milito has violated this guy cos he wont go on his outside, he'd cut in and hit the team.

There was a post recently about how he 'jogs' back and that killed us against Lazio. Absolutely true.

Just stop tormenting us. Please Ignazio - your not the same guy. Just write your name on one of the San Siro seats and sit the fuck down. Watch De Sciglio take your NT spot for 2014 whilst us Milan fans at least see the progression of an eager and talented player.

Abate used to represent me, I have my limitations but my attitude would let me be, he lost that. So he has no attitude and no talent. No desire to make a difference

Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Wesley View Post
GOOOOOOOOL DEEEEL MILAAAAAAAN. HA ILLUMINATO SAN SIRO IL NUMERO UNDICI...GIAMPAOLO....PAZZINIIII....GIAMPAOLO....P AZZINI....GIAMPAOLO PAZZINI!!
nuttela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 08:38   #3600
Milanista2020
The Milan Motivator

Fav. Players: Seedorf, Patinho, Gattuso, Maldini, Baresi, shevchenko, Boban, Kaka,

Quote:
Originally Posted by de nuttela View Post
He is a fool.

A downright idiot if he thinks after all this shit we've seen all season he has a chance to get himself in the PSG.

Thing is, with him, the love was genuine - the nocerino fantasy existed but it was mainly cos of his looks and them goals - with abate, i would relate on a football pitch and in my life.

I don't like his attitude, it was the only thing going for him - it brought him to the starting xi (cos there was soooo much competition ) but he really did earn it in 10/11

Players like him and Antonini claim to love the shirt - Antonini has his limitations but the guy at least stepped up - he was ronaldinho's legs in 09/10. All you got to do is cut inside from the left flank and Abate would leave you the fuck alone - us fans get annoyed but its worse when he does actually attempt to get the ball, he'd do something dumb. Milito has violated this guy cos he wont go on his outside, he'd cut in and hit the team.

There was a post recently about how he 'jogs' back and that killed us against Lazio. Absolutely true.

Just stop tormenting us. Please Ignazio - your not the same guy. Just write your name on one of the San Siro seats and sit the fuck down. Watch De Sciglio take your NT spot for 2014 whilst us Milan fans at least see the progression of an eager and talented player.

Abate used to represent me, I have my limitations but my attitude would let me be, he lost that. So he has no attitude and no talent. No desire to make a difference

Excellent post!!!!
Milanista2020 is offline   Reply With Quote