The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 02-02-2014, 20:49   #4581
ladro
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boban1982 View Post
He has to be at RB and De Siglico at LB, Urby can not defend and has already cost us too many points this season.
agreed

des-abate sound good

Signature

''SPES SIBI QUISQUE''
ladro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:50   #4582
nuttela
Super Bludfam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boban1982 View Post
He has to be at RB and De Siglico at LB, Urby can not defend and has already cost us too many points this season.

If things aren't looking good long term with Abate, we need to sign a much more capable left back. Defensively, Urby offers very little.

De Sciglio's versatility needs to be embraced. If Abate and Urby are available, stick De Sciglio on the left. He might feel better on the right but he is the best left back we have and has all the time in the world to make that RB spot his.

Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Wesley View Post
GOOOOOOOOL DEEEEL MILAAAAAAAN. HA ILLUMINATO SAN SIRO IL NUMERO UNDICI...GIAMPAOLO....PAZZINIIII....GIAMPAOLO....P AZZINI....GIAMPAOLO PAZZINI!!
nuttela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:48   #4583
Benz_1803
classic 1994

Fav. Players: Milan legendary

Urby is bench player...so its only abate and de scig!

Signature
Benz_1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:14   #4584
Poker
Man of the Match

Fav. Players: Ronaldinho, Serginho, Maldini, Seedorf,SeS, T.Silva, Ibrahimovic, Pjanic, Verratti,Salah

Formation 352 and play him on cb is only hope for him. Is useless on wings... Maybe abate-rami - zapata will be good combo. And mexes....we need central defenders...
Poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:01   #4585
kakajd
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra

He will open up so much space, and really widen our play, which is something we sorely lack.

with Abate running off KAKA/honda, it means the ball being smashed into the box for Balo/kaka/honda/robinho/pazzini to pounce on.

His crossing might not be great, but putting the ball in there and stretching the other team is something he can do well.

Plus, no bitch is going to run past him. Love watching others try and go by him, fools

Signature
Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.
kakajd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 16:26   #4586
Benny20
AC Milan Legend

I don't get why he's not playing .DES win serie a lb of the year so it's clear that though not his favoured position he can play there ...and BE THE BEST in serie A at it .

meanwhile urby and abate offer the same in terms of speed and abate has the advantage on defensive awareness.i was concerned that after seedorf was in the club for 5 mins he was asking for urby to re signed .and now if I'm honest I will say I'm concerned about contradictory statements about playing players in their natural position cause urby is by no means a natural LB and again though des isn't either HE WAS VOTED THE BEST last season and he's 19 FFS so maybe it is his best position .also you have Honda out of position and also bonera ...surely his is next to the coach machine in the foyer.

is seedorf playing favourites ...well I don't know about that but it's clear he's being far too rigid in his approach .
Benny20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 17:29   #4587
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

CB? did anyone say we should play him as CB? he is RB who cant attack thats it, should we release him and search for a LB? I am all for releasing, selling assets which are overvalued and excessive but procurement of adequate replacements worries me.

I wish galliani took more risks. I would like to get hands on a young talented Lb so that we can lock up our fullback positions for years and focus on the CBs
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 17:32   #4588
goja
Im back baby

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gattuso, Nesta, Pippo, Pirlo, De Sciglio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poker View Post
Formation 352 and play him on cb is only hope for him. Is useless on wings... Maybe abate-rami - zapata will be good combo. And mexes....we need central defenders...
playing with the 3 at the back is only possible when you have quality cbs... that is basically what we need most, so its a suicidal idea.
goja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 18:30   #4589
albmovi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny20 View Post
I don't get why he's not playing .DES win serie a lb of the year so it's clear that though not his favoured position he can play there ...and BE THE BEST in serie A at it .

meanwhile urby and abate offer the same in terms of speed and abate has the advantage on defensive awareness.i was concerned that after seedorf was in the club for 5 mins he was asking for urby to re signed .and now if I'm honest I will say I'm concerned about contradictory statements about playing players in their natural position cause urby is by no means a natural LB and again though des isn't either HE WAS VOTED THE BEST last season and he's 19 FFS so maybe it is his best position .also you have Honda out of position and also bonera ...surely his is next to the coach machine in the foyer.

is seedorf playing favourites ...well I don't know about that but it's clear he's being far too rigid in his approach .
Because Abate is better in defence then Emanuelson, i'm not talking for attack..
albmovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 15:59   #4590
Benny20
AC Milan Legend

the fact is that abate has value so I see the reasoning behind selling him is

a- you honestly believe he cannot add quality to the team
b- if you are bringing in someone better.

the truth is though that DES is better than urby at lb and abate is better than urby at fullback full stop.why seedorf seems so happy with urby and not so with abate is very worrying .unlike abate I can't see what urby has offered to deem him the better player and enough with the des shit about having to play rb when he won an award for best lb in the league at what 19. we can't say if he is our best rb option cause he hasn't really proved that yet but he has at lb .I'd much rather see abate and des than urby and des and seedorf to a degree needs to get his head out of his ass.

lets be fair and say seedorf so far has made some bizarre choices in regards to preference and positions of players .
Old 04-02-2014, 16:06   #4591
Benny20
AC Milan Legend

and I'm sick of people saying that the natural and best position for des is rb .he is 19 and hasn't played even 2 full seasons so how have we already determined he is better at rb.did he win an award for it?....is he dominating teams at rb currently ...no.the simple fact is we say it's his best position because he is right footed and that's it .he barely beats and man down the right side so I have no issues with him cutting in on his right from the left side .

fact remains still that he won an award at lb so at this stage it's his preferred position until proven otherwise and at 19 we still don't know what further potential he has in both roles.
Old 04-02-2014, 16:09   #4592
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

that award means shit, I am fine with anything. letting go of abate because only thing he can do is defend and play an aggressive lb or a new signing somewhere down the line.
Or lock abate and descilgio for couple of years if abate signs for a decent contract

And descilgio is a far batter Rb than a LB
Old 04-02-2014, 16:29   #4593
Benny20
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish View Post
that award means shit, I am fine with anything. letting go of abate because only thing he can do is defend and play an aggressive lb or a new signing somewhere down the line.
Or lock abate and descilgio for couple of years if abate signs for a decent contract

And descilgio is a far batter Rb than a LB
ok valid points .but why again is des a better lb than rb ?...last season the majority of his game time was at lb and everyone was jizzing on how good he was playing . this year he has played the majority at rb though he missed a lot of games and I can't say he's been setting the world a light despite the fact that I think he is a very good player.

maybe he is more comfortable at rb but that doesn't mean he's played better there .my argument is that for this season seeing as abate is still in the squad and ready to go I would prefer he and des to play (with des at lb ) than des and urby .

what we do next year remains to be seen .the club is looking at extending urby's deal and rumours have abate out .will a better player come in ...maybe but do we currently have the better player on the bench ..yes

and just so we are clear I'm not having a go at des and nor do I think abate is a world beater but I have very little faith a better player is coming in .
Old 04-02-2014, 16:44   #4594
Ashish
Banned

Whichever is economical, you know whats going to happen? we release abate for a young lb, he will flop and descilgio will get injured our rotten luck and we will be arguing about how wonderful abate was etc,

sometime having most of your team healthy is the biggest transfer of the season , milan cant catch a break for sometime
Old 04-02-2014, 16:49   #4595
Rickaka
molto life

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Seedorf, Balotelli, Willems, Memphis Depay

Letting Abate leave would be a mistake.

Signature
Rickaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 16:50   #4596
Benny20
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish View Post
Whichever is economical, you know whats going to happen? we release abate for a young lb, he will flop and descilgio will get injured our rotten luck and we will be arguing about how wonderful abate was etc,

sometime having most of your team healthy is the biggest transfer of the season , milan cant catch a break for sometime
absolutely agree .

the only real argument for selling abate is that he has value .the truth is having him in the team is not a bad thing at all and I would prefer to move on urby or constant rather than abate but they have no value .
Old 04-02-2014, 16:53   #4597
Ashish
Banned

meh his value is overrated it neither breaks the team nor makes it. I don want to hear but so and so should go before abate, abate is a solid player he might go to a solid team like jube and solidify their defense. if we are willing to spend some money on an attacking lb i say dont renew abate but we are a club which is loyal to homegrown players he has some value blah blah anyway its fine
Old 04-02-2014, 17:12   #4598
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk

Fav. Players: Nesta, Ibra, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo. Current AC - Jack, Romagnoli, Cutrone, Abate.

Abate has to start for us.

Don't want him to go.

Signature
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 17:30   #4599
necromancer
Capocannoniere

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

If this continues for a few more days, I'll be convinced that Abate's agent is running a PR campaign through some of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny20 View Post
and I'm sick of people saying that the natural and best position for des is rb .he is 19 and hasn't played even 2 full seasons so how have we already determined he is better at rb.did he win an award for it?....
Ok, forget the television judgement. Assuming you've played/still play football, have you known which your stronger side was?

Signature

Last edited by necromancer; 04-02-2014 at 17:33.
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 17:34   #4600
rocknrolla1v1
FORZA MILAN

Remember his goal for italy!

Signature
rocknrolla1v1 is offline   Reply With Quote