Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
50m??? it's still the fodderdivisie. 30m would do it probably

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
lozano or bernard? which one would have more impact

Lozano's greatest attributes are his pace and work-rate/engine. He gets up and down the pitch like a wingback. Considering Rodriguez on the left is fairly slow it would definitely add a new dimension to that side.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Haven't seen a single statement from Leo since the press conference. I guess he'll drop some cryptic hints we can all get excited about at tomorrows presentation.

He'll cry that he's a destitute and can only make swaps & loans. He then goes out and bags us SMS

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hakan is wasted at LCM. If you can, watch the Milan-Spurs friendly. Hakan is not suited to LCM, not at all.

He's a pure CAM.

I think Verratti is the better fit for our midfield, if I'm being honest.

I also think that a 4-2-3-1 (as I've said a million times) is the best way to structure our squad, as it currently is constructed. Obviously, if some other huge players come--we should figure out how to involve them.

I just think SMS would be such an expensive addition, that we would have to shift our strategy to our detriment, similar to the way Bonucci pushed us into trying the 3-5-2 without pre-season training necessary to work it out properly.

Hakan is a player who is able to play more than one position, but since 2015 LW is his most played position every season.
I don´t understand why it seems such a mission for many to move him away from that position, of course he can do well in other positions but he is perfectly fine as LW.

A real 4-2-3-1 would not suite Kessie in my opinion.

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hakan is a player who is able to play more than one position, but since 2015 LW is his most played position every season.
I don´t understand why it seems such a mission for many to move him away from that position, of course he can do well in other positions but he is perfectly fine as LW.

A real 4-2-3-1 would not suite Kessie in my opinion.

it's hard to f9it all of kessie suso and hakan in one side. Kessie is for 3man midfield and hakan is best cam

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
meh rather Bernard and a top mid than Lozano alone

tenor.gif

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
it's hard to f9it all of kessie suso and hakan in one side. Kessie is for 3man midfield and hakan is best cam

I don´t agree that Hakan is best as a CAM, both CAM and LW have advantages and disadvantages. The extra space you get as LW is valuable too even if it means that you are further away from goal. Football gets harder and harder for CAMs too, you can´t get away with weaknesses that would not have been much of a problem 10-15 years ago.

Some stats:
Hakan as

LW 71 games 12 goals 20 assists
CAM 61 games 15 goals 12 assists

so there is not much of a difference other than that the goal/assist ratio changes. Of course stats are not all and Hakan´s quality as a free kick taker adds some position-unrelated goals.

I think the best solution would be to buy a good winger and rotate Hakan, Suso and the new winger. It is an exhausting position anyway and with 3 competitions everybody would be a starter.

I´d keep the midfield as a midfield of 3 and add a good CM with balanced qualities.

Last edited:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Caldara contract until 2023 & Romangoli contract until 2022. Future on that position is secured. :proud:

:thumbsup: The last decent move F+M made.

Had they known in advance that they were going to be given the boot I'm sure they would've sold him to the EPL for peanuts.

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
Bring me Lozano

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
kessie played his best football in atalanta with that formation.
his game vs arsenal away when we played 442 was great as well, one of his best.

i feel that this role where he act like second right winger is not for him since he looks clumsy, he's more like CDM.

for me hakan is pure midfielder, based on his playing style... yes, he can cover LW and that's good thing but the real hakan is #10 or even LCM.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
How many 20 year olds play Locatelli's position at an elite level? IMO, he has a ton of talent and potential, but he plays arguably the most difficult position in football. He needs time and experience.

:thumbsup: I thought he played a great game against Spurs in the most difficult position on the pitch. Btw, he's already demonstrated that he's got a great engine + shot so I'd love to see him used as the "vice Kessie' in the first instance.

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don´t agree that Hakan is best as a CAM, both CAM and LW have advantages and disadvantages. The extra space you get as LW is valuable too even if it means that you are further away from goal. Football gets harder and harder for CAMs too, you can´t get away with weaknesses that would not have been much of a problem 10-15 years ago.

Some stats:
Hakan as

LW 71 games 12 goals 20 assists
CAM 61 games 15 goals 12 assists

so there is not much of a difference other than that the goal/assist ratio changes. Of course stats are not all and Hakan´s quality as a free kick taker adds some position-unrelated goals.

I think the best solution would be to buy a good winger and rotate Hakan, Suso and the new winger. It is an exhausting position anyway and with 3 competitions everybody would be a starter.

I´d keep the midfield as a midfield of 3 and add a good CM with balanced qualities.

ye but than we have no speed with suso which is my point

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I'm actually grateful for the Reina and Strinic deals as well. Gave us great depth in positions that lacked it.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Bring me martial and sms please...

— martial - higuaini
———hakan
—sms—biglia—kessie

giphy.gif

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
U won’t win...

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
I wanted to see a picture when Higuain&Caldara signing the contract with Leo :head:

shame they didnt publish any pics

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Bring me martial and sms please...

— martial - higuaini
———hakan
—sms—biglia—kessie

giphy.gif

Didn't Martial just skip 8 days of pre season without permission?

Don't think that kind of character fits Leos bill.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ye but than we have no speed with suso which is my point

That´s why i´d go for rotation, with a fast winger to rotate them with we could avoid the combination of Hakan and Suso most of the time and the squad needs a certain amount of rotation anyway with mid week games. One winger get´s probably subbed most of the time too.

While the combination of Hakan and Suso isn´t ideal, it is far from horrible too, if we play it from time to time it´s not the end of the world.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Leo wasn't just sitting around Casa Milan all day today.

His only responsibility there was the signatures.

Don't forget. Man was at work.

We know for sure, he called Montolivo’s agent to tell em to pack their bags and start looking elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule