The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 28-03-2011, 03:22   #101
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Alex Morgan <3, Pato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
Charlie davies scored 2 goals in his first match in 18 months since his car crash pre usa-cr in 2009

Great to see you back charlie!
very happy for him, he is a pretty solid player, and its a miracle he can still play

Signature
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2011, 03:29   #102
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanMilan View Post
very happy for him, he is a pretty solid player, and its a miracle he can still play
yes it really is. Hope he continues to find form. I am really frustrated with Jozy. He just hasn't improved....

I'd like to see Davies used at CF.

4-5-1 is usa's best formation, not the 4-4-2. Ideally I want Feilhaber used more in CM with Edu and Bradley. He's only quality creative passer us has.

Eventually Agudelo is going to displace Jozy anyway. Kid's got a lot of talent. Saw him a few times for NY Red bulls... He's only 18, and pretty big with good technique. New York actually use him a bit on wing, but clearly CF is his future (he's 185cm, and a natural goal scorer). He's got potential to play at a big club in europe in the future.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB

Last edited by Senatore_M84; 28-03-2011 at 03:33.
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2011, 03:30   #103
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Quote:

umm he was a passanger.....He was out at a club. As I recall he hadn't had a drink, but it didn't matter anyway since usa had clinched and he wasn't going to start.

He's lucky to be alive. They basically cut his face off to stop internal bleeding in his brain. The scar is nasty.

BTW the drunk woman.... got 2 years in prison
Just read the question I made, yeah shouldn't have asked "what the hell", but I was curious cause he was on NT duty, regardless of anything, even with the qualification reached and even if he wasn't set to start. I knew it wasn't his fault and that he wasn't drinking. Anyway, I'm actually glad that not only he survived but he's back playing.

Signature
Brocchi si nasce, campioni si diventa
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2011, 03:35   #104
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

get off my nuts neymar. Bigger talent

jk, but he is pretty damn big talent. Should be best american player. You don't see american forward w/ that combo of size/strength AND skill.....

of course he's colombian

Signature
Quote:
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Old 28-03-2011, 03:51   #105
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Quote:
get off my nuts neymar. Bigger talent

jk, but he is pretty damn big talent. Should be best american player. You don't see american forward w/ that combo of size/strength AND skill.....

of course he's colombian
Next Asprilla...taller.

Signature
Brocchi si nasce, campioni si diventa
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2011, 06:40   #106
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Alex Morgan <3, Pato

Quote:
yes it really is. Hope he continues to find form. I am really frustrated with Jozy. He just hasn't improved....

I'd like to see Davies used at CF.

4-5-1 is usa's best formation, not the 4-4-2. Ideally I want Feilhaber used more in CM with Edu and Bradley. He's only quality creative passer us has.

Eventually Agudelo is going to displace Jozy anyway. Kid's got a lot of talent. Saw him a few times for NY Red bulls... He's only 18, and pretty big with good technique. New York actually use him a bit on wing, but clearly CF is his future (he's 185cm, and a natural goal scorer). He's got potential to play at a big club in europe in the future.
I just dont like the way the US team is run. I dont like the way they develop players through their system and I dont much care for how they play. They have poorly managed players, I think Neven Subotić is the biggest example, the politics of the USA junior teams resulted in him deciding to play for Serbia when he really wanted to play for the US. The US cant afford to mess with talent.

I do like Agudelo though, and hopefully he will continue to develop and I hope that it will help to spark Jozy to play better because he wants to keep his spot.

I've been disappointed by how Jozy and Adu have turned out, they both got a ton of hype early on (especially Adu) and that seems to have hurt them, but both are still only 21 and I really hope that they can grow as players and learn how to deal with the pressure and become contributors.

I dont much care for how Bradley coaches, there have been rumors floating around for awhile about Jürgen Klinsmann being interested in the job, and I think that getting a top European coach would help to move the US NT in the right direction

Signature
Old 28-03-2011, 19:47   #107
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

I used to have a bigger issue with Bradley, but you can't argue with his results. USA is the best TEAM in concacaf, even though the talent level is far below mexico. The consistency of one coach, a system, slow integration of players and creating a team which is more like a club has given us the edge to fight out of there class.

Compare this to a lot of countries, who change coaches all the time...

Bradley should also get credit for finding best position for landon and getting most out of him, and having best defensive schemes despite the lack of talent (i love bocanegra and demerit as much as the next guy, but lets get real... the talent isn't high)

Agudelo is the future. Kid's REALLLLLLY talented. How many 18 year olds do you see with that combo of size, strength and technique + goal scoring ability. I mean NY Red Bulls used him mostly as winger last season, and he played well. He's very coordinated, unlike Jozy who honestly I feel has regressed. He is so much clumsier/less athletic than he was at 17/18. Maybe he's just growing into his body though... wont write him off, he's just frustrating me.

I don't really believe a european coach can help usa that much because mls is just so different....but then again, maybe..

The real question with USA come 2014, is the backline...bocanegra/demerit and co. will not be playing then, or if they are... at 35/36 usa has some major problems. However the continued growth of Michael Bradley, Maurice Edu and finally Jermaine Jones could help shield this problem a bit.

And I wouldn't blame subotic on Bradley. The politicking is a problem, but it's above his head for sure.

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 29-03-2011, 01:51   #108
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

I dont hate Bradley or anything, I just cant see him taking the US team to the next level. He is also too like Bruce Arena, who I dont care for at all. I think he has contributed in a lot of ways for how political US Soccer has gotten, which prevents some of the talent to work its way through the system to the top.

I dont blame Bradley for the Subotic thing, but Bradley did coach the U-23s when Subotic was with the U-20s, and I would guess that he saw them play so he knew of him as a player, and could have made an attempt to call him up to the senior team before Subotic decided on Serbia.

Signature
Old 23-06-2011, 02:42   #109
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Jesus fuck. What a game

Landon benched on at half. Freddy adu on in 60th?? First gamre for usa in over 2 years?

Freddy adu with a rui costa esque 30 yard defense cutting ball to landon to dempsey. 1-0. Hope it holds up. Usa v mexico are always great games

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 23-06-2011, 03:08   #110
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Jesus fuck. What a game

Landon benched on at half. Freddy adu on in 60th?? First gamre for usa in over 2 years?

Freddy adu with a rui costa esque 30 yard defense cutting ball to landon to dempsey. 1-0. Hope it holds up. Usa v mexico are always great games
I was confused when he took of Agudelo since I thought he was playing fine, but I'm really happy for Freddy, that was a great pass to set up the goal, although he did get a little too confident about his dribbling abilities a couple of times.

Signature
Old 23-06-2011, 04:06   #111
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
I was confused when he took of Agudelo since I thought he was playing fine, but I'm really happy for Freddy, that was a great pass to set up the goal, although he did get a little too confident about his dribbling abilities a couple of times.
That's always been freddys problem. He may have pace of a gazelle but he has a brain of a mule

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 23-06-2011, 06:00   #112
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

mexico-honduras 0-0 in stoppage time. What a miss by gio dos santos.

Man somewhere adrian is about to pee his pants. Mexico has been soo good all tournament till this too.

I'm torn. Dislike mexico, but i love USa-Mexico games. AND this one is going to extra time. turn it on if you get univision, americans..

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 23-06-2011, 06:20   #113
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

i just flipped it on and it looks like Mexico figured out what they had to do

Signature
Old 23-06-2011, 06:26   #114
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
i just flipped it on and it looks like Mexico figured out what they had to do
the second goal. LOL honduras. Let's just leave the best player in concacaf and leading goal scorer in tournament COMPLETELY UNMARKED on a corner

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 23-06-2011, 06:32   #115
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Fav. Players: Azzurri e Rossoneri

My dumb mexican friends are gonna be texting me all night.

Signature

MILAN
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2011, 06:33   #116
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

PS- not saying mexicans are dumb. Just some of my mexican friends are dumb.

Signature

MILAN
Old 23-06-2011, 06:37   #117
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

lol, sasha. But it's a good thing. I love USA-mexico games. Especially after mexico lose.

Is it just me, or are Mexicans the most aesthetically obsessed nation in world. Every player on their national team has an obsession to make every pass seem like an instruction tape. Overly drawing out their leg after they kick.

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 23-06-2011, 06:50   #118
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Yeah, but these guys I know honestly rate Mexico up there with Brazil/Germany/Italy...

After Italy lost in a pre WC friendly last year my FB was spammed with "Hey mang, Mexico beat Italy, they suckk."

About the "kick" thing you mentioned. IMO they sooo wanna be a part of CONMEBOL and want to be mentioned along Brazil and Argentina. Even my smart mexican friends say they don't care about Copa Oro and can't wait for Copa America (where they'll lose 4-0 to Argentina).

Signature

MILAN
Old 24-06-2011, 22:52   #119
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Mexico, you ready for a round house kick to the face in these?!

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 25-06-2011, 18:13   #120
Redman10
AC Milan Icon

Mexico vs US will be a great game. I think Mexico will win this time though. I have not been at all impress with the US in this tournament. In saying that, the US are equip to beat mexico.
Redman10 is offline   Reply With Quote