Official: Bruno Montelongo Thread

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Boban, Kaka, Pirlo, T.Silva, Pato ...
+1 Esoteric. Abate simply isn't good enough, his shortcomings hugely outweigh his better points

i have good opinion for Abate. He's young, fast and ambitious. all he needs is to improve his crossing skills. let him go to Fio is so silly. Sell Kaladze instead. but I think B&G will sell his half-ownership :(

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
So? He isn't very good.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
again an urugay person,
didn't we had 2 a few years ago...maybe it's galli and berlu's maffia in southamerica

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
No we aren't. It's like me complaining about shipping out Jankulovski. Except Jankulovski is probably better.

Oh yeah, you're sooo now a bandwagon-er? Not cool..anyways I'm sticking to my guns, we're gonna regret this. I can give over seventy tactical reasons why. And you saying Junk's better than Abate is a treasonable offence for any Milanista..gotta be careful there ;)

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko
My prayers heard. Asked for our scouts to do a Javier Hernandez, well they did a decent RB. That's not a bad thing at all..but Abate shouldn't be sacrificed. Not Abate. Dude's actually something like a RWF truely..that's where he's comfortable. Maybe a RAM. When we had to zip up at our goal-mouth Leo had to drag him back, and man he adapted FAST. That's good testament to his versatility. Two seasons ago in Torino he was like the best crosser of the ball in most of Italy. I'm not at all pleased with our selling Ignazio. Not at all. :( Is it a loan deal or something? I pray so..anyways, this Bruno 'Longo giant may just be a diamond for us. And wtf doesn't anyone remember we have a great player in the Gooch? Seems I'm the only one on this forum who guns for him..and that has NOTHING to do with his Nigerian blood..c'mon guys, Onyewu KICKS STRIKER ASS!!! :D

You looked like you knew the guy and he was quite decent, but you kinda ruined it by the Abate and Onyewu-crush, Onyewu is NOT Milan quality, not even if we would lower our standards with 200%.
I mean, the highest that Onyewu could ever reach here is cleaning the shoes of Nesta and Maldini...

Oh yeah, you're sooo now a bandwagon-er? Not cool..anyways I'm sticking to my guns, we're gonna regret this. I can give over seventy tactical reasons why. And you saying Junk's better than Abate is a treasonable offence for any Milanista..gotta be careful there ;)

I'm dying to hear them...

By the way, is this how we used our only EU-spot ? Cause otherwise it would suck monkeyballs

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Well its not on any rumor sites or on the official site.So wtf is this?Bad joke?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
Well that site is garbage ,99% of the stuff they report never happens .

haha well you were asking for the link :tongue: to be fair most of the primavera signings they report was right ;) despite there were no official news at Milan's site

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
I'm dying to hear them...

No first aid then..die a sweet death of a thousand and fifty-two cuts. :)
Ignazio is one young player who's always willing to learn and re-learn. He came up the ranks and actually has half a black heart (and an opinion he sticks with no matter) unlike most of the glory-seeking, post-what's-politically-correct guys on this forum. He can run though he runs outta stamina a bit too quickly and he's VERY adaptible and versatile. Try converting a natural RWF to RB in about 3/4 months on FM and tell me the outcome. He has lots of potential, though it's possible he would end up a slightly above-par player later in his career. But he's got grit and doesn't tune off mentally like Khunt (most of the time).
He's thinking SB now, but if it was just after he came back from his loan year at Torino maybe, just maybe, he would slot in for an injured Pato at the right assuming we stick with the 4-3-3 variant. Coming in as a sub, no doubt, but I think he'd do well there. At least in the Coppa..

Well, fuck it. If he goes, so be it.

As for Onyewu, maybe you've forgotten his game against England so quickly?? When he spotted that nice, though off, intimidate-these-bitches-ala-Rino beard?

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Oh Braida's commissions, spends half a year in South America and this is what he gets.

Has the name of an argie that would come to CR's league just saying.

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko
Ignazio is one young player who's always willing to learn and re-learn. He came up the ranks and actually has half a black heart (and an opinion he sticks with no matter) unlike most of the glory-seeking, post-what's-politically-correct guys on this forum. He can run though he runs outta stamina a bit too quickly and he's VERY adaptible and versatile. Try converting a natural RWF to RB in about 3/4 months on FM and tell me the outcome. He has lots of potential, though it's possible he would end up a slightly above-par player later in his career. But he's got grit and doesn't tune off mentally like Khunt (most of the time).
He's thinking SB now, but if it was just after he came back from his loan year at Torino maybe, just maybe, he would slot in for an injured Pato at the right assuming we stick with the 4-3-3 variant. Coming in as a sub, no doubt, but I think he'd do well there. At least in the Coppa..

As for Onyewu, maybe you've forgotten his game against England so quickly?? When he spotted that nice, though off, intimidate-these-bitches-ala-Rino beard?

Point is that Abate has MUCH to learn, I'm ok with keeping him as a squad player, but not for the first 11.

I saw Gooch a lot more than you did (Belgian league), the guy sucks, period.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team

Abate has no technical ability whatsoever. Playing him at RW would be suicide as all he can do is kick it past a player, run on and cross. And he can't even do that well. He's not Milan material, never will be and i personally think he should be playing for a lower table team. Like Lecce or Brescia, not fucking Milan.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We signed Silva and Papa pretty cheap and even coming from more famous clubs most of u were against the buys saying y Silva wen we have some random CB in Serie A and there r so many better Serie A defenders than Papa etc and both of em seem to be great buys.

I'm sure those criticizing the move have no clue about the player and have seen 0 minutes of the player ever in ur lifetime.

I know nothing about the player too, but signings like this is y we pay our scouts for. Not to buy popular youngsters who r already youtube sensations and half of europe is tracking.

Wen someone have a breakthrough year and u all realize that once we tracked him we blame Galliani for not listening to the scouts. Wen Galliani sign someone u haven't heard of u blame him for signing a no body. Some of u r just hard to please no matter what.

I hope he does well if we sign him. Nothing official yet.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
We signed Silva and Papa pretty cheap and even coming from more famous clubs most of u were against the buys saying y Silva wen we have some random CB in Serie A and there r so many better Serie A defenders than Papa etc and both of em seem to be great buys.

I'm sure those criticizing the move have no clue about the player and have seen 0 minutes of the player ever in ur lifetime.

I know nothing about the player too, but signings like this is y we pay our scouts for. Not to buy popular youngsters who r already youtube sensations and half of europe is tracking.

Wen someone have a breakthrough year and u all realize that once we tracked him we blame Galliani for not listening to the scouts. Wen Galliani sign someone u haven't heard of u blame him for signing a no body. Some of u r just hard to please no matter what.

I hope he does well if we sign him. Nothing official yet.

Not a single assist in his career, 18 games as a starter last season, 12 as sub, most of his 7 goals seem to come from pks. He isn't a fullback like it's being reported...

http://www.ovaciondigital.com.uy/10...rnacional/coates-y-montelongo-suenan-en-milan

Some comments from uruguayans (jajaja=hahaha)

entre a la seccion deportiva o a los chistes de maitena? yo lei "coates al milan"? jajajajjajaajaj increible! muy bueno! jajajajjaja
jaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja jaja jajajaja jaja
JaJaJaJaJaJa!! Lo de Montelongo, te lo paso, pero Cagates!? Es un perro! esta gente del Milan no aprende, le vendieron al paquete mas inflado de los ultimos años con Cagardaccio (por cierto, donde esta su compañero el espectacular Mamadera Arismendi? que dupla!) y ahora quieren comprar a una palmera! Que se lleven al Tuna Fornatroli en el paquete! idolos de barro!
En verdad el juego de montelongo es muy parecido al de Oddo, solo que Oddo no es maradona como quiere hacer creer la noticia, es veterano y fue campeón del mundo con italia, pero también hay que decir que no jugó ni un minuto en el mundial y que es un jugador muy medio pelo, en Europa malo y ya hace un tiempo que no está ni en el banco del milan. Y es verdad Montelongo no juega de lateral acá, pero si algún día se va a Europa va a jugar en esa posición a pesar de no tener marca, allá no se toma mucho en cuenta la marca para los laterales...
Es un chiste, no?

To be fair Montelongo seems to be better than the other one we're link with, Coates. Though one of the guys says it "yeah he might be like Oddo, but don't think Oddo is WC, he is medicre-bad".

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Rigght c4m...cause fans no best

Fu berlu. Santacroce>silva

I find it 100000% ridiculous to write him off without having seen him. Could be new cardaccio, grimi or something. Could also be hidden talent

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
It's like people have gone mad in this place... complaining like a bunch of old women.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Rigght c4m...cause fans no best

Fu berlu. Santacroce>silva

I find it 100000% ridiculous to write him off without having seen him. Could be new cardaccio, grimi or something. Could also be hidden talent

I dunno, I trust these guys more than you're average outsider Milan fan, they have seen Coates and Montelongo play, so I believe their criteria is more worth it than ours (on the other hand I'm pretty sure most people that said Santacroce> Silva probably just saw Santracroce). I'm not writting him off, again for what is worth, most fans are willing to say Montelongo is "acceptable", Coates-Cagates :D, is the one that has them wondering the most.

Oh btw, in case we get Montelongo, he can count as EU (it seems Coates too), and is a winger (though like uruguayans say "europeans will defenetely turn him to a fullback"). Montelongo also suffered a big injury 2 years ago (trying to find where) that kept him out for 9 months.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Still. Why trust anyones opinion for all you knwo its just some idiot who doesn't like theway his name sounds....I could easily register theree and post how shitty he is.

Zero credibility whatsoever. But I suppose I prefer watch and form my own opinions instead of constantly pessimistically looking for negative

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@C4M - Neither of em counts as non EU.

Montelongo got an Italian passport and the other tall guy got a Spanish passport.

And I went to 3 Milan forums (goal.com's Milan forum) and one of them said he's a pretty good buy and was getting roasted and surprise that guy is a south American who has actually seen him play.

Remember Matteoni. We were laughing our ass out wen we heard rumors last year that Barca was interested in him and now he's Liga's one of top rated rising full backs.

I'm sure there were some idiots here who said we don't have to sign Kaka cos of his name translation too .

So i'd just say to reserve ur judgements till all of u at-least see 1 minute of him in action. I'm not defending the player. Even if he turns bad it's a risk we take wen we sign unproven players. Else we sign proven stars. And we have to pay em good wages and pay tranfer money. And many of u r against that also ..

Last edited:

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
i actually thought that i'd see a Coates thread this morning. but this is fine. i wonder if there are any videos of either of them, i'd like to see them. especially this montelongo.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
@C4M - Neither of em counts as non EU.

Montelongo got an Italian passport and the other tall guy got a Spanish passport.
Yes...I said that.

And I went to 3 Milan forums (goal.com's Milan forum) and one of them said he's a pretty good buy and was getting roasted and surprise that guy is a south American who has actually seen him play.
Yup, I've been going through some older pages that talk about him. They say he is good, perhaps their best young player comming from River Plate, but he had a big injury 2 years ago, there were rumours of him possibly moving to Nacional.

Remember Matteoni. We were laughing our ass out wen we heard rumors last year that Barca was interested in him and now he's Liga's one of top rated rising full backs.

I'm sure there were some idiots here who said we don't have to sign Kaka cos of his name translation too .

So i'd just say to reserve ur judgements till all of u at-least see 1 minute of him in action. I'm not defending the player. Even if he turns bad it's a risk we take wen we sign unproven players. Else we sign proven stars. And we have to pay em good wages and pay tranfer money. And many of u r against that also ..

Geez guys I'm just passing on opinions of people that have seen them play. I'm not writting them off (though I wouldn't be surprised if their one of those Braida buys either, gaining some commision). You're the ones taking them as conclusive.

Btw it's Mattioni.

It seems like everything is a sin in here, to praise a player, to hate on them, to be negative on one buy or positive on one buy, seriously getting ridiculous.

Last edited:

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan fans have been spoiled by Pato IMO. They expect every youngster to meet the same standards. Every player at one point was unproven.

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Seedorf...
I have no idea about him, so therefore I cannot comment other than to say welcome to Milan, and goodluck :D

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Milan fans have been spoiled by Pato IMO. They expect every youngster to meet the same standards. Every player at one point was unproven.

He is young and still has lots of years to prove his worth but I would already count him off "youngster" or Pato like, his about to turn 23 (it's not writting him off, ok? calm down, breathe, just not labelling him as a "youngster u-20" type).

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate
Well that site is garbage ,99% of the stuff they report never happens .

True but when a lot of sites agree on an "Official" deal, there's usually some truth to it. We'll probably see a post tomorrow or thursday on the Milan website.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Just asked some Uruguayan guy I know about Montelongo, says he is ok but is probably only gettin the move because of hs agent Paco Casal (the guy who bought over viudez n cardaccio). He also said that Montelongo would probably not play for the club either lol

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
pretty sure hes another grimi.

Schedule