Jose Mauri Thread

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
One of Mauri's biggest problems from what I've seen from friendly is giving away passes in key positions. Especially with how fragile our midfield has been, I think that is why he hasn't got a chance.

And Fucka doesn't?! Anyway, that's probably because Mauri's still getting used to his new teammates/tactics etc. Last year he had a c.85% pass completion rate over a full season at Parma so he's a good passer.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Miha loves giving chances to youngsters who have talent & work well as he showed with Gigi, Calabria & Ely

Clearly Mauri doesn't convince him or doesn't work hard enough in the training. He didn't look too good when he was given chances in friendlies

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
I don't see reason why he should get minutes if Miha isn't convinced by him and we saw nothing positive from him in friendlies.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Miha loves giving chances to youngsters who have talent & work well as he showed with Gigi, Calabria & Ely

Clearly Mauri doesn't convince him or doesn't work hard enough in the training. He didn't look too good when he was given chances in friendlies

Miha's faith in Ely's highly questionable given how disastrously he played in both games he started. Also, I think the decision to play Donna will come back to haunt him. He's far too young/inexperienced to start and is already showing signs. Unless it's a behavioural/work ethic issue, Mauri deserves a shot.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone remember a big talent odegaard that signed for real madrid. Well now he wants out because he isn't playing in 1st team. I dunno what is wrong with these kids nowadays?

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Uefa can take all the spot from serie A, and give them to us every year...
Milan should the only representation.

Sent from my E2115 using Tapatalk

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone remember a big talent odegaard that signed for real madrid. Well now he wants out because he isn't playing in 1st team. I dunno what is wrong with these kids nowadays?

There's nothing wrong with it. Put yourself in their shoes, the only way to develop is to play, if he's not playing then there's not much of an option but leaving or taking a gamble you'll somehow get your chance. Most pick the former.

A better question should be: why do these kids pick big teams to join when they have no chance of playing in the first team?

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with it. Put yourself in their shoes, the only way to develop is to play, if he's not playing then there's not much of an option but leaving or taking a gamble you'll somehow get your chance. Most pick the former.

A better question should be: why do these kids pick big teams to join when they have no chance of playing in the first team?

U simply don't want to understand do u? The whole point is that u can't sign a contract for a big club and expecting that u will play in the 1st team as unproven teenager.

U want to earn some easy money with a move like this.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
How hard is it to say to the agent something to the effect of, "Mauri will not play the rest of the year. He is not performing up the the level we expect, and we'd like to loan him out to get him regular playing time so that he can come back ready to compete for a place next summer." If he refuses, we know what his priorities are. If he goes on loan and succeeds, great. If he goes on loan and flops, well, he could flop here too. Better to put people in the best position to succeed.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
What's that got to do with anything? 2 years ago Donna was playing for Milan Allievi and now look at him. If you're good enough for the first team doesn't matter where you played.

Anyway, fodders Poli/Kucka/Noce all got minutes this season so bit harsh not giving Mauri a chance. I'm betting he has above 50% passing/14% shooting accuracy :lol:

I said this because, Parma got him in the first team, because their first team was so shit, they finished 20th. First Mauri was in bench, then they started to integrate him.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
For me Mauri was very overrated in the summer, many fans added him in our line-up of the season, many said we got a great talent, a new Gattuso and some other words. I said that he is not comming to play, but he is a transfer for the future, that he will not have space.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
U simply don't want to understand do u? The whole point is that u can't sign a contract for a big club and expecting that u will play in the 1st team as unproven teenager.

U want to earn some easy money with a move like this.

I dont get what were arguing here. Were both saying the same thing. The fault is with the youngster for picking the big club

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
I think that Mauri has been a worse version of De Jong, not strong positionally, not great at tackles and very bad at passing. Compared to how good Rodrigo Ely played in the friendlies, it was like night and day difference.

Yes, he played as a starter for Parma, but so was Nocerino and he's warming the bench also, as well as other players like Adriano, Suso, Honda, etc. He is the only one with an agent that goes every day in the media to say "Jose Mauri doesn't like the current situation".

I don't think that Miha gives any fucks either way what his agent says, but this kind of behavior shows a lack of professionalism. He needs to lower his head, try his hardest and when January comes, sum everything together and decide on whether he's happy to stay here or go on loan somewhere else.

The fault is of Galliani also who coming from a Kondogbia refusal, overhyped the shit of this deal to make it seem as if we were covered in midfield with a Jose Mauri addition. Good thing we got Kucka at the very end.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Atalanta and Bologna are lining up to take Milan benchwarmer Jose Mauri on loan.

The 19-year-old was a regular starter for Parma last season and became a free agent when the club went bankrupt.

He has barely featured since joining the Rossoneri and a January exit on loan seems inevitable.

Atalanta were the favourites, but Roberto Donadoni taking over at Bologna has pushed them up the pecking order.

Donadoni worked with Jose Mauri at Parma and gave him regular playing time.

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Miha's faith in Ely's highly questionable given how disastrously he played in both games he started. Also, I think the decision to play Donna will come back to haunt him. He's far too young/inexperienced to start and is already showing signs. Unless it's a behavioural/work ethic issue, Mauri deserves a shot.

Could you highlight me what kind of signs did you saw?

I see a matured goalkeeper in tender age.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
'Will come back to haunt him'.

So ... if he has a lapse, then you're right. If he doesn't, you're right.

Logic infallible.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not good enough to start but from what he showed tonight taking the 4th cm spot from Poli should be possible.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
He did well. Bravo mauri

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not good enough to start but from what he showed tonight taking the 4th cm spot from Poli should be possible.

He is better than Poli. A little bit rough on the edges however how can Mihajlovic keep playing Poli when he cannot even do anything against Crotone players.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Talented player,not his natural position.But he need to take Niang path,and go to Genoa or Atalanta on loan.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A good cm signing in winter should move Poli to 5th choice cm, thats ok for the rest of the season, in summer Mauri and Locatelli should take his spot, loan Mauri to a Serie A club to improve until then.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
I think we're gonna sell him

He should go to Bologna

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Mauri is too unpolished. Yes, he played as a starter at Parma but so did Nocerino. That was a team that put 11 players behind the ball, and many teams underestimated them due to their existing state. Heck, I've seen Merkel and Strasser play better than what Mauri is playing this year.

I think a lot will depend on how much Miha sees potential in him. If he thinks that he can be ready next year, Milan will insist on a loan, otherwise it will be a sale to get an option/discount on someone. As far as I know, Atalanta seems interested and we were previously interested in Maxi Moralez that can play in both wings as well as AM and probably will fight hard to be more than a backup.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
No skill at all. Not good enough. Sell this fodder.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think he looked good for a kid making his debut after not playing for half a year. Hope we get rid of all the crap in midfield and put faith in mauri.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
He was good in those 10mins

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
He was good in those 10mins

Yes, he was ... for a moment it made me wonder if it would be a mistake to let him go on a loan. Then again, he was playing against a Sampdoria with 10 players that had been playing for 80 min already.

The truth is that if Miha plays J. Mauri and Milan doesn't play well, people will blame our coach. Right now Miha's not given any more margin for error and betting on another unproven youngster is very risky.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
The fact that he's requested from multiple clubs in Serie A is a good omen for the qualities of the player (although he doesn't count towards the 25 player quota plus it depends also how much of his 800k salary we're asking them to pay)

Schedule