28/11/07 - Benfica (1) vs AC Milan (1)

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
this match is on my b-day. milan better win this for mi !! forza milan !!! :star: :D

Billy_69

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy, Boban, Savicevic, Van Basten, Sheva, Pippo, Ambrosini, Maldini, Kaka', Desailly, ...
This is the last chance for Benfica to have a shot at qualification, nothing less than a win would do for them. So this is going to be a tough cookie to swallow unless they storm forward and don't cover their backline of course, but what right in their mind tactician would do that against Milan? I hope we can qualify there, if not there's still the must-win revenge match vs. Celtic to do so.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
of course,that depression mood after all that mess could affect our game somehow.But i believe we will overcome them with the great power and spirit.
I'd say 2-1 to Milan.
Goals from Inza and Pirlo.
Forza Milan!!!!!!!!!!

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Once hearing the final score, Benfica seemed rather impressive in their last league outing. However, I stumbled across the game, and had their opposition played Empoli, would have succumbed to a similar trashing. Cardozo and Rui are their biggest threats. If we keep them in check, we should be fine defensively. Hopefully Fatso's return will give just that little bit extra in attack + they have a short memory and forget to close down Pirlo again.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
Milanista_KakA said:
It's my birthday too :D :D

Hope milan win this. it'll be my special day ;)

Amen and good luck to all of us!!! :cool:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let's win big in this one so we'll play with a clearer mind in our rematch v. Celtic.

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
THE CALLED-UP PLAYERS FOR LISBON
11/26/2007
MILAN - Here are the 21 called-up players for Benfica-Milan. Goalkeepers: Dida, Fiori, Kalac. Defenders: Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Serginho, Simic. Midfielders: Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf. Attackers: Aubameyang, Gilardino, Ronaldo.

acmilan.com

GO MILAN.. 0-2

goal scorer:
ronnie :D
pirlo

:D

Last edited:

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Andromeda said:
11/26/2007
MILAN - Here are the 21 called-up players for Benfica-Milan. Goalkeepers: Dida, Fiori, Kalac. Defenders: Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Serginho, Simic. Midfielders: Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf. Attackers: Aubameyang, Gilardino, Ronaldo.

acmilan.com

GO MILAN.. 0-2

goal scorer:
pippo
pirlo

How can Pippo score when he is not even Called up ? :D

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
lol.. forgot.. ronnie than :D

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Benfica is the weakest team Milan faced 4 the last 2 seasons & Rui is legend as he was in Milan. :D
Anything less than an easy win is a disgrace.
Ronaldo 2 score.

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
With Seedorf back I expect the usual three-man midfield with Gattuso-Pirlo-Seedorf and Kaka behind Ronaldo and Gila. Hopefully we play an easy game and don't overwork ourselves because we need to be at our best for Juve.

Billy_69

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy, Boban, Savicevic, Van Basten, Sheva, Pippo, Ambrosini, Maldini, Kaka', Desailly, ...
Is it just me or do I see a massive underestimation of a team that needs to win to retain any chance of qualification, especialy when they play in La Luz on their home turf?

I think some people are in for a nasty surprise tomorrow... a draw and I will be happy.

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Billy_69 said:
Is it just me or do I see a massive underestimation of a team that needs to win to retain any chance of qualification, especialy when they play in La Luz on their home turf?

I think some people are in for a nasty surprise tomorrow... a draw and I will be happy.

A draw would be a good result for us, considering that we have Celtic at home, which will be a revenge game and a win for the 1'st place.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Rui Costa to score...

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
i don`t think ronie will play more than 30 mins..
i mean,he has been out for 4 months so asking him to play 3 games (he must play against juve) in 7 days is too much..

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Hopefully Aubameyang, Brocchi and Gourcuff will feature at some stage through the match. We can seriously win this one fielding our weakest line up.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Andromeda said:
11/26/2007

acmilan.com

GO MILAN.. 0-2

goal scorer:
ronnie :D
pirlo

Attack is pretty interesting really.. We have 2 from the first team, both of which played 90 minutes yeterday. I wonder what we'll do. Play with one striker and take Gila off 60 mins in?
But, with 6 midfielders playing a 5 man midfield wouldn't be a great idea. Unless they push Sergi up as a midfielder later on in the game.
No Emerson or Ambro so that definitely gives Gourcuff a good chance of playing a part.
Going to be tough. Especially with a still pretty tired Kaka. 1-0 though i hope. Nesta and Kaladze/Bonera will start at the back. Maldini can't play any more than a game a week.

Last edited:

adrian_milan

Revolutioners at works !!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano, Pato, Ibra
Forza Ruiiiiiiiiiiiii.....................
I hope he score and Milan Winnnn....

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
lol... our biggest sport newspaper here reported that benfica will play against marseille :D .. it means that we don't have a game to play...what an error by the editor :head:

Last edited:

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Beemer said:
Bes, what's with your sig?

It's Markus Merk. (Referee)
This was made some days after Milan draw with Barcelona in Camp Nou, with Merk disallowing Sheva's goal.
Old one but... sounded funny. :tongue:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ Yeah ... doesn't matter whether it was old. That was a pathetic decision.

If Benfica turn it up a notch, they're very capable of creating problems for us. They'd have probably learned from the first leg + give Pirlo little room. We'd need other players to step up their game if this happens ... Kaka' and the forwards in particular. Clarence is doubtful, so would be a huge loss if he doesn't play. Would rather see Gourcuff on the left if this is the case.

--------- Gila ----- Fatso

-------------- Kaka'

Clarence/Gourcuff - Pirlo - Gattuso

Sergi -- Bonera -- Nesta -- Oddo

-------------- Dida

Brocchi for Fatso; Favalli for Kaka'; Willy for Gila IF we have the lead. Cardozo and Rui to be given little time on the ball.

shaj

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Fabergas, Gattuso, Joe Cole, Terry, Maradona, Nesta
madtherchot said:

If Benfica turn it up a notch, they're very capable of creating problems for us. They'd have probably learned from the first leg + give Pirlo little room. We'd need other players to step up their game if this happens ... Kaka' and the forwards in particular. Clarence is doubtful, so would be a huge loss if he doesn't play. Would rather see Gourcuff on the left if this is the case.

-------------- Kaka'

-------------- Dida

Brocchi for Fatso; Favalli for Kaka'; Willy for Gila IF we have the lead. Cardozo and Rui to be given little time on the ball.

I'm assuming then name 'Ronaldo' causes you some sort of internal Hemorrhage/Haemorrhage?

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
madtherchot said:

-------------- Kaka'

-------------- Dida

im kind of expecting them to start with one striker and split time between gila and ronaldo... 60 and 30 minutes respectively

GW

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Flamini, Pippo, Nesta, T. Silva, Pjanic, Begovic, Besic
Benfica desperatly needs some points from this game, in any other way they are out of CL for this season. So Im expecting them to push right from the begining. If Milan keep a 0-0 result for the last 15-20 min then I guess we have really good chance to score in the closing stages.
So 0-1 for Milan, Kaka with solo run. ;)