The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

Old 17-01-2021, 09:11   #9421
ROSSONERI7
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
You're right up to a certain point. You then reach a level of performance where minor improvements to the level of play is all you can make. Making sure your LCB can play a wider range of passes without shifting their body makes a difference.
Ok. ?shifting their body?
That?s exactly why say it blown out of proportion.
Whether on the right or left, they are still fairly central... it?s not like they?d playing FB in the by the touch line. They still have a very ?whole? view of the field.
A Kjaer if moved To LCB, will not have problem passing to Ibra, Rebic Or Saelemaekers ... of course he?ll need a few games to find his new angles and be comfortable.
For 90% of CBs It?s just a matter of getting used to it. It?s not a drastic change.

Koulibaly and Van Dijk both right footed play LCB, comfortably.

The only people that would really struggle are criminally 1 footed players, who tend to be lefties...and they?re a really small percentage

Signature
If we win 2020-2021, we'll win 2021-2022
ROSSONERI7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 09:17   #9422
R.Akbar
Allenatore

If there's anyone, it should be us, Milan fans, to learn the hard truth that Players improve and you shouldn't write off any names of the list.

Signature
Ing Madya Mbangun Karso
R.Akbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 09:21   #9423
Altafini
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post
Cry

Guys,can we all agree on this(cry) as the perfect response to vulture whenever he's throwing tantrums?.I mean, let's respond by typing "CRY" then move on.The forum will be less toxic that way.
Vulture is a great guy but is not the objective kind of guy when he argues so there's no point going back and forth with him. He's great with the bold letters,he should stick to it or RETIRE?
Altafini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 09:24   #9424
Tobinho
Decisive Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
I just hope diaz will be able to handle it when zlatan shouts at him
Tobinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 09:25   #9425
ROSSONERI7
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altafini View Post

Guys,can we all agree on this(cry) as the perfect response to vulture whenever he's throwing tantrums?.I mean, let's respond by typing "CRY" then move on.The forum will be less toxic that way.
Vulture is a great guy but is not the objective kind of guy when he argues so there's no point going back and forth with him. He's great with the bold letters,he should stick to it or RETIRE?
Just ignore if you know the discussion will lead to nowhere.
He still posts news which is cool.
I?m sure he?ll sometimes make points that make sense, you could discuss that.
The rest you ignore...you simply don?t feed the Convo on those topics that you know it?ll turn ... as it usually turns

Signature
Old 17-01-2021, 09:26   #9426
Altafini
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan10 View Post
Also, pigeon I was just busting your balls. We may disagree on things, but you aren?t dumb and I shouldn?t even joke like that.

We are all Milan fans and I wish everyone well.

Let?s hope the players we bring in continue to help Milan build toward Scudetto and CL trophies
Bigger man 👌
That's how we roll, you know
Altafini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 09:26   #9427
brk
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSSONERI7 View Post
Ok. ?shifting their body?
That?s exactly why say it blown out of proportion.
Whether on the right or left, they are still fairly central... it?s not like they?d playing FB in the by the touch line. They still have a very ?whole? view of the field.
A Kjaer if moved To LCB, will not have problem passing to Ibra, Rebic Or Saelemaekers ... of course he?ll need a few games to find his new angles and be comfortable.
For 90% of CBs It?s just a matter of getting used to it. It?s not a drastic change.

Koulibaly and Van Dijk both right footed play LCB, comfortably.

The only people that would really struggle are criminally 1 footed players, who tend to be lefties...and they?re a really small percentage
I don?t know if you?re right or left footed but I?ll assume you?re right footed. Imagine yourself as the RCB. You can stand up now and imagine you?re standing in a back four, looking ahead and the ball at your feet. Now try to pass to your LCB partner. It?s easy you just pass the ball with the inside of your right foot without doing anything else.

Now imagine yourself as the LCB in the same position and try passing to the RCB. You can?t use your right foot without having to do something silly like passing with the outside of your foot. You would have to either use your weak foot (bad passes in defense are extremely dangerous, especially these days) or you would have to turn your body so that you?re almost facing the direction you?re passing and then pass with your right foot. This movement takes time, and is predictable, so a pressing attacker can exploit it.

It might seem like a very small point to you but this is a really important detail to professionals. Every millisecond counts and shifting your body unnecessarily is very bad.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 09:26   #9428
ROSSONERI7
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobinho View Post
There is a Brahim in Ibrahimovic.

Signature
Old 17-01-2021, 09:31   #9429
Charbel
"Il Capitano"

Fav. Players: Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini

Looks like Hakan and Theo tested positive for CoVid.

Signature
Previously known as "Soldier"
Charbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 09:33   #9430
Nevermore
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbel View Post
Looks like Hakan and Theo tested positive for CoVid.
it was expected at least for Hakan

Time for Diaz and Dalot to step up
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 09:37   #9431
brk
AC Milan Legend

Damn, I was really hoping we have at least Theo for Atalanta.
Old 17-01-2021, 09:42   #9432
taura
Attaccareeee

@PBPcalcio
Official

#TheoHernandez is #Calha positive to #CoronaVirus

Fuck me man...
taura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 09:48   #9433
Charbel
"Il Capitano"

Fav. Players: Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini

Mario #Mandzukic one step away from #Milan , very close agreement with the Croatian striker. @AntoVitielo

Signature
Previously known as "Soldier"
Charbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 09:48   #9434
brk
AC Milan Legend

Those two players especially I hope this doesn't affect their lungs past the few weeks they're out. I guess the Hakan contract will get delayed even more now.
Old 17-01-2021, 09:50   #9435
taura
Attaccareeee

Good thing about this covid shit is that Kessie, Leao, Ibra, Rebic, Theo, Calha, Donna, Hauge, Krunic, Tonali aleady had it so they'll be safe for the rest of the season and thank god we got 3 shitters after Atalanta
Old 17-01-2021, 09:50   #9436
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlusconi View Post
I don?t see the big deal in Meite signing. Ya we need depth but the only thing he does well is run.
We could?ve shortened Pobeggas loan, would?ve cost us nothing and he?s been performing better than Meite in Serie A, but hopefully he?ll do well with us
What player have you been watching?
If Meite was a runner, then he probably wouldn't have flopped the way he did at Torino. He has some great tools, but he wasn't the energetic midfielder a la Kessie they needed him to be. Especially when they have Rincon and a back-3.
It's like an even more lethargic and dysfunctional version of our banter era midfield-3s.

He could also flop here for that same reason. Pioli doesn't want a full-time holding midfielder. Our mids need to cover a lot of ground, albeit not as much as someone who has to compensate for those reactive players Meite was surrounded by at Torino. I believe Meite could adapt to our double pivot system. The role is clear, the team is well-constructed. There's Kessie, a friend, fellow Ivorian and dedicated footballer to guide him and push him to give his best.
If he flops here as well, then we'll just send him back to Torino.
Low risk, potentially high reward. Nothing to complain about.

Pobega? What do you know about his performances, besides that he has scored 3 goals?

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 09:51   #9437
Tobinho
Decisive Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbel View Post
Mario #Mandzukic one step away from #Milan , very close agreement with the Croatian striker. @AntoVitielo
With Leao and Rebic out there would have been plenty of space for him tomorrow.
Tobinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 09:53   #9438
scarecrows
AC Milan Icon

so there were rumors of Covid for Calha and Theo 2 days ago and Theo trained with the team yesterday. Not to mention they both played in Coppa with all the hugging in the end. Hope next week we wont have even more positive cases, with Atalanta it could get ugly

Signature
scarecrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 09:56   #9439
brk
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by taura View Post
Good thing about this covid shit is that Kessie, Leao, Ibra, Rebic, Theo, Calha, Donna, Hauge, Krunic, Tonali aleady had it so they'll be safe for the rest of the season and thank god we got 3 shitters after Atalanta
When did the President get it? I think Donnarumma and Hauge were a false positive.
Old 17-01-2021, 10:04   #9440
taura
Attaccareeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
When did the President get it? I think Donnarumma and Hauge were a false positive.
Oh shit my bad, he was locked in ivory coast cause of covid, i thought he had it..well fuck