The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 29-04-2018, 21:38   #1881
mleite
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Locatelli, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone

Marvellous goal!

Signature
Forza Milan! ❤️
mleite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 22:02   #1882
Massaro94
#HungrierThanEver

Fav. Players: GON-ZA-LO

Good goal... hit the woodwork as well.

Still want him sold come summer time.

Signature
https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/67/590x/Real-Madrid-Gianluigi-Buffon-Juventus-944824.jpg
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 23:08   #1883
Thenebra
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massaro94 View Post
Good goal... hit the woodwork as well.

Still want him sold come summer time.
Nope, rotation for him.

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 07:59   #1884
helloAgain
World Cup Winner

i would give all our starting 11 one more season to prove themselves. but bona and suso needs to know their place in starting lineup is not secure.
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 13:15   #1885
Congo Powers
Executive VP of Insta

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, Cutrone

https://twitter.com/sempremilancom/s...674967552?s=21

filthy
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:44   #1886
Ronin
Flying over Kuco nest

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloAgain View Post
i would give all our starting 11 one more season to prove themselves. but bona and suso needs to know their place in starting lineup is not secure.
Ideally, both of them should be sub or rotational players for us. Both of them have potential to be starting XI, but consistency is missing for that atm. Or maybe they're just gassed and demotivated from all these sucky years. I hope Rino can slap that out of them.

Signature
We practice unpopular culture,that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:38   #1887
Massaro94
#HungrierThanEver

Fav. Players: GON-ZA-LO

Quote:
No rush like..we can go another season without UCL

Signature
https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/67/590x/Real-Madrid-Gianluigi-Buffon-Juventus-944824.jpg
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:33   #1888
joyrider
Il Moderati

This guy should be tried on the right...his cutting in so predictable.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 14:47   #1889
Forza AC Milan
World Cup Winner

Quote:
typical fickle fandom. Score one goal and people start singing a different tune.

We have had a few seasons of this. And the end result is non CL qualification. This season is already one season too late.

Insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result
Forza AC Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 16:33   #1890
ChinaMilan
Primavera Player

great player, wish this is a start when he can regain his previous form, keep it up.
ChinaMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 00:51   #1891
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka

Quote:
i would give all our starting 11 one more season to prove themselves.but bona and suso needs to know their place in starting lineup is not secure.
Bona should know his place in the squad is not secure, let alone the starting lineup. It's not like he is an off form or complacent world class player. He wasn't top team starting material to begin with.

Quality additions to the midfield and attack are a must. Sure, the current starters can stay, but if Bona retains his spot then you know the new signings must have flopped HARD.

This though...

Quote:
Max Allegri has asked Juventus to buy Giacomo Bonaventura for next season and Milan quoted a €25m price, according to Mediaset Premium.
https://www.football-italia.net/1207...ks-bonaventura
EuroMax plesss
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 01:48   #1892
milanator
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaMilan View Post
great player, wish this is a start when he can regain his previous form, keep it up.
I think this is some kind of a season of transition of him. He is becoming a more natural CM, he plays more low key now and less like a winger which gets him some criticism (but I heard experts praising him for that too). I can see him hitting his prime as a CM next season.

Last edited by milanator; 02-05-2018 at 01:50.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 02:17   #1893
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanator View Post
I think this is some kind of a season of transition of him. He is becoming a more natural CM, he plays more low key now and less like a winger which gets him some criticism (but I heard experts praising him for that too). I can see him hitting his prime as a CM next season.
He also played mainly in the midfield last season.

He has toned down on the wannabe-Taarabt moves and doesn't look as out of place as Hakan did in midfield, but he simply doesn't have the passing or athletic ability to be anything more than upper midtable quality. I don't see much room for improvement.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:03   #1894
ChinaMilan
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
He also played mainly in the midfield last season.

He has toned down on the wannabe-Taarabt moves and doesn't look as out of place as Hakan did in midfield, but he simply doesn't have the passing or athletic ability to be anything more than upper midtable quality. I don't see much room for improvement.
he also get 2 early career ending injuries that he come back from this season and he is adapting to new position(no he didn't play mainly in the midfield last seasons he was more like a winger)

how easy plastic fans forget the good things he did for us in previous seasons and focus only on the bad.

Last edited by ChinaMilan; 02-05-2018 at 05:05.
ChinaMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:47   #1895
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
he also get 2 early career ending injuries that he come back from this season and he is adapting to new position(no he didn't play mainly in the midfield last seasons he was more like a winger)
Yes he played mainly as advanced LCM in a 4-3-3, same as now.
Niang was the LW. Then Deulofeu.

Quote:
how easy plastic fans forget the good things he did for us in previous seasons and focus only on the bad.
This is a bit ironic considering you didn't even know what his main position was last season.

If there's one thing I've noticed about fans of overrated players on RnB then it's that they are often also the ones that are least knowledged about them. I'll never forget the De Jong fans who thought it was De Jong who anchored the team to the CL spot in 12/13 season.

Anyway, going back to Bona and his previous seasons; he was always inconsistent, too selfish, made mostly horrible attempts from distance, messed up the easy vertical passes. It wasn't all bad though. He had/has far more positional and tactical awareness than Hakan, Saponara and other attackers we've tried at midfield. His close control is sublime. His late runs are often fruitful.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:03   #1896
Birsaforever
Please GTFU or STFO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Yes he played mainly as advanced LCM in a 4-3-3, same as now.
Niang was the LW. Then Deulofeu.
Montella started the season with him as LCM, but in December and January, he played Berto/Pasalic at LCMn Bona on the wing and Niang on the bench. Then he got injured and Deulofeu took his place (while Ocampos took Niang's place on the bench).

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birsaforever View Post
i wrote a song about a potato, can you please listen to it?

http://picosong.com/H84h/
Birsaforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:59   #1897
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birsaforever View Post
Montella started the season with him as LCM, but in December and January, he played Berto/Pasalic at LCMn Bona on the wing and Niang on the bench. Then he got injured and Deulofeu took his place (while Ocampos took Niang's place on the bench).
He played Bona as LCM until Niang and the team imploded in late Dec.
Then an awful but relatively short period followed, between Niang's self-destruction and Deu's arrival, where Montella had pretty much no choice but to start Bona as LW. Then Bona got injured(no, the team didn't fall apart after his injury as some liked to remember it) and Deu arrived.

Bona was the LCM in 2016/17 when the team had a resemblance of a team(Aug-Dec). Had almost twice as many games as LCM even if you include the chaotic Dec-Jan. Hence mainly at LCM.
Old 20-05-2018, 19:34   #1898
sheva
National Team Player

The correlation between him giving stellar performances and being in a pre contract signing mode is astonishing.
pretty sure he will leave this summer
sheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 20:21   #1899
necromancer
Capocannoniere

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

I'm conflicted about him.. His talent is quite obvious, especially when he plays as the midfielder who rushes into the box. However, he has had an alarmingly number of poor matches this season.

The answer is probably straightforward. Invest in another player for his role, but don't sell him.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 20:36   #1900
Buske
World Cup Winner

I agree, it cannot hurt if we just make him fight for his spot
Buske is offline   Reply With Quote