Who will be our #9?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
100% owners? That seems unlikely, any sources? Li must have been very, very desperate to agree to that deal.

Li’s holding company held 99.93% of the club, and it appears as though that entire amount transferred to Elliott when Li essentially defaulted. Li was desperate when he took the loan from Elliott. It appears his entire stake in Milan was put up as collateral when he was loaned approximately 300M.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Think Inter and Juventus will take 2 of the top 4 places

Then it comes between Milan, Roma, Lazio and Napoli. I think the loss of Sarri and Jorginho will make them weaker

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Is he jumping or is he being pushed? If its the latter... my advise is sound.

according to rumors, it was definitely jumping, especially before he knew we are playing EL, now things might be slightly different, so we don't know what is on his mind, but Gattuso said "i hope he stays, but we must respect his decision" it sounds like is not being pushed.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
LOL, I wouldn't mind that. Love Mou. But I am good with Spalletti for now.

A lot of Inter fans are complaining about the age or motivation levels of Nainngolan and Vidal. But my view on Nainggolan and possible Vidal acquisitions are very simple - even at this age and assuming steady decline, they are far superior to any midfielders we currently have. It is critical for Inter's project that we finish in the top 4 again this season. So no complaints from me.

They are 2 plough horses. Wheres the room for the artists? Creators?

mou is a chelsea manager, mou is an inter manager... RM n Utd? God's mysterious ways!

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
100% owners? That seems unlikely, any sources? Li must have been very, very desperate to agree to that deal.

Li didn't agree to anything. That's why he's now threatening legal action. It was a hostile takeover.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Anyone here has any info on what is the ownership structure of Milan now? I mean, what % of shares do Elliot own and whats left with Li?

Do we look like Milan board members to you? :lol:

For what it's worth, they got everything Li had, who had something around 99.7% iirc. There have only been rumors of Ricardo Silva acquiring anything from 2-10% of the club from Elliot.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don’t think you know what a hostile takeover is.

It was a takeover alright, just no hostility... Li just lay down and spread his legs

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
What case? Only case you've proven is that you're a condescending dickhead

giphy.gif

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Li’s holding company held 99.93% of the club, and it appears as though that entire amount transferred to Elliott when Li essentially defaulted. Li was desperate when he took the loan from Elliott. It appears his entire stake in Milan was put up as collateral when he was loaned approximately 300M.

Can you or anyone point me towards any credible sources to confirm this?

I suspect there were some clauses in the loan agreement on Elliott being able to convert their loan+interest into shares at a very favourable valuation in case of default, which means Elliott now control a majority (or total) stake in Milan. Because if there were none, then Elliott would be looking for a quick sale of the asset to recover their Loan+interest+expenses/penalties, and give the rest of the money to Li. Elliott are instead talking about 3 year plans - which means they have Li by his balls on this one.

One hypothesis could be that Elliott have a majority stake in Milan by converting their money into shares at a low ball pre agreed valuation. Which leaves Li with a small stake left. Now Li clearly has serious money issues, as he put up hundreds of millions of "his own" money into Milan, so he would need money soon quite desperately. So all this talk about keeping Milan for 3 years and investing another 150m (i.e. diluting other shareholders) could be a ploy to make Li settle quickly i.e. sell his remaining shares to Elliott at a low ball valuation and drop his case against Elliott.

There is something here we are all missing, the ownership structure would clarify this.

Last edited:

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
so many people blinded by Inter's impossible to replicate first half of the season.

It is literally the only reason they were able to make CL, or they wouldve finished below us, easily. They will never be able to replicate that...

Oh, and they did it by playing (dont quote me, Im going off memory) NINETEEN LESS GAMES THAN US LAST SEASON.

They came down to earth, HARD. now factor in champions league, and some of you need a reality check on thinking they're guaranteed a CL spot again.

That being said, I think top 4 will be Juve, Napoli, Inter and Us.

Lazio I couldnt care less about, they'll be blown up, and despite what ppl think, Roma took steps back. Not a step, steps. And they rid of the keeper that saved their lives. A literal phenom.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
LOL, I wouldn't mind that. Love Mou. But I am good with Spalletti for now.

A lot of Inter fans are complaining about the age or motivation levels of Nainngolan and Vidal. But my view on Nainggolan and possible Vidal acquisitions are very simple - even at this age and assuming steady decline, they are far superior to any midfielders we currently have. It is critical for Inter's project that we finish in the top 4 again this season. So no complaints from me.

Spalleti is inconsistent but at least consistent enough to get top 4

That’s about all inter can hope for with him.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah, selling Allison is good financially but they'll be hard pressed to find someone to replicate his performance.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

I suspect there were some clauses in the loan agreement on Elliott being able to convert their loan+interest into shares at a very favourable valuation in case of default, which means Elliott now control a majority (or total) stake in Milan. Because if there were none, then Elliott would be looking for a quick sale of the asset to recover their Loan+interest+expenses/penalties, and give the rest of the money to Li. Elliott are instead talking about 3 year plans - which means they have Li by his balls on this one.

One hypothesis could be that Elliott have a majority stake in Milan by converting their money into shares at a low ball pre agreed valuation. Which leaves Li with a small stake left. Now Li clearly has serious money issues, as he put up hundreds of millions of "his own" money into Milan, so he would need money soon quite desperately. So all this talk about keeping Milan for 3 years and investing another 150m (i.e. diluting other shareholders) could be a ploy to make Li settle quickly i.e. sell his remaining shares to Elliott at a low ball valuation and drop his case against Elliott.

There is something here we are all missing, the ownership structure would clarify this.

debt for equity swap?

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

It’s much simpler than you’re making it.

Li borrows money from Elliott. Elliott has a contractual and legal right to take ownership of Milan if Li fails to meet debt covenants

Li fails to meet debt covenants...

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, selling Allison is good financially but they'll be hard pressed to find someone to replicate his performance.

yea he was immense for them, if they use all that money and land Malcom arola, and maybe a good cb it could be worth it we shall see

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Think Inter and Juventus will take 2 of the top 4 places

Then it comes between Milan, Roma, Lazio and Napoli. I think the loss of Sarri and Jorginho will make them weaker

Nah, Inter are no way guaranteed a CL spot even if we get Vidal. Inter have CL games this season, and still quite a thin squad. We also lost Rafinha (our only creative player) and Cancelo, who are going to be big misses. Its gonna be a tough season.

IMO Juve and Roma are surely going to take 2 of the 4 spots. IMO Roma have strengthened from last season, their new players are more suitable for EDF. Napoli are a mystery, a lot depends on how well they replace Jorginho, but you cannot bet against someone like Ancelotti. My guess is that they will decline a bit, but still be good enough for top 4. Its going to be between Inter, Lazio and Milan for the final spot once again. I sure hope Lazio sell SMS!!

They are 2 plough horses. Wheres the room for the artists? Creators?

Inter don't do artists. Thats Milan's domain ;) We like to ploy our road, crush anything that stands in our way. Vidal & Nainggolan can ploy & crush :p

Last edited:

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yea he was immense for them, if they use all that money and land Malcom arola, and maybe a good cb it could be worth it we shall see

I've been wondering since Roma has a price for everyone what they'd demand for Ünder. I've only seen the kid play a couple times but he seems decent, wouldn't mind us taking him off them for a good price.

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I've been wondering since Roma has a price for everyone what they'd demand for Ünder. I've only seen the kid play a couple times but he seems decent, wouldn't mind us taking him off them for a good price.

apparently they rejected 50m offers, that kid has potential but now they have Malcom and him sharing.

i honestly think Malcom is better and will over take him which will leave him open to be sold next summer. If they get over 40m for him they essentially get Malcom for free.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
apparently they rejected 50m offers, that kid has potential but now they have Malcom and him sharing.

i honestly think Malcom is better and will over take him which will leave him open to be sold next summer. If they get over 40m for him they essentially get Malcom for free.

Yeah I'm hoping we might get him sorta cheap due to Malcom being there and Monchi's supermarket attitude.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

What the fuck is this nonsense?

Li borrowed 300m from Elliott to purchase Milan with the club pledged as collateral and was required to make regular capital increases. When he failed to provide the last capital increase (32m in July) Elliott provided the funds with Li required to reimburse them within 10 days. When he failed, Elliott took possession of the club as per their contractual agreement with Li. Li has publicly confirmed he's lost ownership and is looking to sue Elliott.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
it'll be minimum 40m with other teams sniffing around, gonna be tough

Jim Bakker gotta go on a golfing trip with Pallotta and figure something out.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
I'm not in an organization, am I? I am using that rhetoric as a fan on a forum. Idk why you had to take it so literally and act all condescending. You made it in life? Good for you. Don't be a dickhead and tell strangers online how capable or incapable they are in their lives

Look bro, don’t take it to heart.

When people act judgmental and condescending it means so much about them not the person they are addressing.

Relax as you said it is an Internet forum. People should discuss ideas not look for validation from people they never met and will never see.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
watching Italy U19

Plizzari is another gem

Gabbia and Bellanova didn't play that good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule