Patrice Evra

acmilan1988

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Source: www.tribalfootball.com

AC Milan strike agreement for Monaco's Evra
By Stephen Donaldson - May 17, 2004

AC Milan are waiting for the final of the Champions League to pass so they can announce that they have signed Monaco's flanker Patrice Evra.
The 23 year-old Frenchman with origins from Nigeria, has become a prominent figure for Monaco, being used by coach Deschamps as both an attacking and defensive playmaker.

Juventus had an option on Evra but it expired in March this year. He is also a target for Arsenal, Manchester United and Real Madrid.

Evra played for 18 months with Milan's sister club Monza a few seasons back, and became friends with Adriano Galliani. he speaks Italian and has good memories from his time in Italy which makes him prefer a return to Italy.

It is thought that Evra's transfer fee is around £6 million.

Never seen him play but What do you guys think??

Anyone has information on him.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I say..... Y E SSSSSS :devil2:

(You haven't watched CL ?)

However, it's only a rumour so far ;) And if they sign Evra they gotta sign Rothen as well, they harmonize quite nicely.

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It is still a rumour but this one is very exciting!!!!
for £6 millions Milan almost cant get a better defender/attacker, and if he can also play as right full back, to offload 35 year old Cafu, there will be no probelm in defense, especially with Jaap Stam, Nesta, Maldini... unfortunately hes used ot play on the left, also is left footed.
Evra is still very young, 15.05.1981, and has a french passport.
Position: Left Defender
Height: 1,75 m
and right now hes on the way to become a french international, playing for "les bleu"...
this year with Monacos hes playing his best Football, CL-final says all, 2nd in French ligue1, all in all a talented player with great qualities, last club before joining AS Monaco was OGC Nizza.
Evra and Rothen on the left side ROCKS!!! :devil2:
hopefully this will come true and how much money is Milan going to spend this summer???

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
This guy took Chelsea to shreds, both attacking and defending...he had 2 awesome games against Chelsea in the CL semi's and has had a great CL all season. 23 and raring to go, he could be a replacement for Cafu or Pancaro and can be used on the wings.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Wow!!Evra would be great!!!He is young,fast,has a good cross but like Passion for 9 said it's only a rumor and we'll just have to wait and see

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
i hope this is true.. he can already speak Italian and knows Galliani.. he would fit in very nicely, and of course, be the successor to Cafú.

Evra--Stam--Nesta--Maldini

:devil2:

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
This has about 3% chance of happening....unless Galliani continually tells fibs (which is good in a way) ...he said Stam Dhorasso and perhaps a striker...and thats it...but we'll wait and see what happens. No good overloading the squad and causing too many to sit on the bench and destrotying the nyucleas and the compact group....too many new player (ala Chelsea) tends to disrupt the squad a bit...anyhow thats 2 good singing so far for Milan

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
This would be a great signing for us. The start of a new generation.

Evra could learn a lot from our veterans. He's fast and has the defensive and offensive skills to make Milan better. He already is better than Pancaro. Patrice could add some that extra offensive spark to our defense. Like Cafu does on the right side of the defense.

ricardo_santos

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Andriy Shevchenko, Kàka, Thierry Henry, Ronaldinho, Bierhoff, Boban, Zidane, Pirlo, Pires, Giuly
Evra is the best defender any club could buy at the moment in terms of what you get for your money: He is still young but is very good and so his price tag shouldn't be that expensive and he is a very good investment. He was awarded the French League's Best Defender this season you know.
Plus, everybody knows he is a key player in this year's succesful Champions League campaign Monaco has led.

I heard Juventus wanted him too, but I'm confident he'll choose Milan.

Vinnie gallo

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Vikash Dhorasoo -- Xavi -- Zinedine Zidane -- Pablo Aimar -- Vikash Dhorasoo
----------------------------------Dida--------------------------------
---Cafu------------Nesta-----------------Stam-----------Evra-----
----------------------------------Pirlo--------------------------------
-------------------Dhorasoo------------Gattuso--------------------
---------------------------------Kaka--------------------------------
---------------------Shevshenko----Inzaghi-----------------------

That's the more beautiful team I never saw.... :)

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
Vinnie gallo said:

Maldiniless Milan?never in wildest of dreams. :head: :mad:

Vinnie gallo

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
milan_my_love said:
Vinnie gallo said:

Maldiniless Milan?never in wildest of dreams. :head: :mad:

It was just to put Evra in the team... But Maldini of course IS the AC Milan... ;)

Reaction score
----------------------------DIDA----------
CAFU----MAILDINI----NESTA---STAM--

----------------------PIRLO---------------

--------SEEDORF-----------ROTHEN( VICENTE .(VALENCIA))

-------------------KAKA`-----------------

----SHEVCHENKO-----------FABIANO---

Vinnie gallo

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Resul said:
----------------------------DIDA----------
CAFU----MAILDINI----NESTA---STAM--

----------------------PIRLO---------------

--------SEEDORF-----------ROTHEN( VICENTE .(VALENCIA))

-------------------KAKA`-----------------

----SHEVCHENKO-----------FABIANO---

Stam can't paly on the wing... and Rothen won't come... Anyway Dhorasoo is 10 times better than Rothen..

zantetsuken

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko--Maldini
He is a future great player and now he is very good.He takes a great part in Monaco's cl.I hope he will come.

milan_fan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, pirlo, gilardino, pippo, dida, sheva
that'll be like... amazing! I hope this is true. :) :)

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
i believe that dhorasoo is better than rothen, who is soooo overated. (i'll probably piss off every forum member here by saying that... :D ) i think that seedorf is 5 times better than both of them though.

as for evra, sure he is good...kinda small though. i think maxwell would be better for the lb position. when i watch him play...damn. he should be our long term investment for the back line, not evra.

Vinnie gallo

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
us_bombs said:
i believe that dhorasoo is better than rothen, who is soooo overated. (i'll probably piss off every forum member here by saying that... :D ) i think that seedorf is 5 times better than both of them though.
as for evra, sure he is good...kinda small though. i think maxwell would be better for the lb position. when i watch him play...damn. he should be our long term investment for the back line, not evra.

What have you smoked guy?? Seedorf is a great player, he's maybe 5 times better than Rothen, but I can't let you say that he's 5 times better than Dhorasoo... you'll be very surprised, believe me... Dhorasoo is an incredible player, with so much talent, he's so esthetic with the ball, he's a genious! And I think that both are quite similar and can be compared... For me, Dhorasoo is even better than Seedorf... and you'll see it.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
us_bombs said:
i believe that dhorasoo is better than rothen, who is soooo overated. (i'll probably piss off every forum member here by saying that... ) i think that seedorf is 5 times better than both of them though.

BWAH.... I bet you've *never* seen any of them play. Well, maybe ESPN showed the random CL match but it doesn't change the fact that you are absolutely clueless. ABSOLUTELY.

Btw + unrelated to this thread... Does Sav10 pay you to be his claqueur ?

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Vinnie gallo said:
Dhorasoo is an incredible player, with so much talent, he's so esthetic with the ball, he's a genious! And I think that both are quite similar and can be compared... For me, Dhorasoo is even better than Seedorf... and you'll see it.

We know it already dude, yet he has never made it big + famous + so far all geniuses have made it big + famous... sth doesnt add up in your equation....

It btw doesn't take *that* much to better than 5-good-matches-per-season-SlowMotionClarence.

Vinnie gallo

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Vinnie gallo said:
Dhorasoo is an incredible player, with so much talent, he's so esthetic with the ball, he's a genious! And I think that both are quite similar and can be compared... For me, Dhorasoo is even better than Seedorf... and you'll see it.

We know it already dude, yet he has never made it big + famous + so far all geniuses have made it big + famous... sth doesnt add up in your equation....

It btw doesn't take *that* much to better than 5-good-matches-per-season-SlowMotionClarence.

You make me laugh... You don't know who is Vikash Dhorasoo. Please wait until you see him play and inflame San Siro with his monumental accelerations...

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
Vinnie gallo said:
You don't know who is Vikash Dhorasoo. Please wait until you see him play and inflame San Siro with his monumental accelerations...

nobody knows who is Vikash :conf: ..what secret league(any other?) he plays for? :D

Vinnie gallo

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
milan_my_love said:
Vinnie gallo said:
You don't know who is Vikash Dhorasoo. Please wait until you see him play and inflame San Siro with his monumental accelerations...

nobody knows who is Vikash :conf: ..what secret league(any other?) he plays for? :D

It's not because you don't know him and that he plays in French league at 30 that he's not a great player... He's the greatest player in french league for 2 years, and will prove you next season that he would deserve another consideration and that he could be very precious for Milan...
You better trust in me... I know him as nobody..

Schedule