The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 11-10-2018, 11:48   #5821
b@D~HorsiE
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Megan Rapinoe, HOPE SOLO, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.

When Brazilian talent gets linked with Milan again....

Signature
b@D~HorsiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 04:56   #5822
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

PSG wanted him? cute

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 07:32   #5823
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

We know he's good, but is the boi as good as you?

Signature

Old 14-10-2018, 00:22   #5824
truant
sexy football fetishist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Romagnoli

(From rossoneriblog) Maldini speaking on stage at La Gazzetta dello Sport’s Festival dello Sport in Trento on 13/10/18:

“I started out playing as a striker. I was in love with the ball, evidently genetics made me seek it out as a friend,”*the 50-year-old Maldini told the audience at the festival, according to Milannews.it.*“When I had arrived to Milan, they asked me what role I play but I didn’t have any because until then I was only playing in the oratorio. The role of the right winger was free, I played there and they made me stop right away. That was my first approach to the Rossoneri history.

“My appearances record at Milan? You have to be lucky to play a lot and for a performing team. I’ve never looked for personal glories and prizes: football is a team sport and thanks to that you win. I’m satisfied with my career. The history of my family is linked to the jersey of Milan, from the 50’s. When I stopped playing, my son was already playing in the Rossoneri academy.

“The importance of family? I was born when my father had already hung up his boots. I was told all sorts of stories about him and I did feel the pressure, reading and hearing comments, but at the end of the day it all just added motivation. For me it’s difficult to separate the person from the player.

“You should be outside like you’re on the pitch. To do competitive sport, you need to be a pro, sometimes you lose your temper but there must always be a habit of behavior. This is the first thing that my parents taught me, just like I taught my children; it’s not just in football but in general.

“My debut day at Milan? Until that day, I didn’t think that I could be able to play in Serie A. Once the game started, I told myself that I can do it. There was recklessness, also on the part of the coach who put me in at 16, and then the awareness of being able to do it.

“If the young players now are less good or are penalized by the system? There are generations with more talent and others with less. I think that there are strong young players. The system certainly doesn’t help. You’re either a phenomenon or a player coming out of the Primavera not ready for a professional league, even Serie C. This should make us think: the introduction of the second team [which Milan chose not to have this season], the desire of coaches to include more young guys… football should go in this direction, otherwise we have the results in front of our eyes.

“If it’s a pity that Arrigo Sacchi didn’t coach longer? For me he was fundamental, ambitious, with lots of ideas, and with a revolutionary way of training. He came to Milan at the right time. He was so obsessive that he himself was a prisoner of it. The stress probably consumed him a lot, brilliant people are often like that. If Sacchi’s ideas are still modern 30 years later? Many, yes. Others have evolved because the world has changed but some of his basic principles will always remain current.

“If Capello was more of a manager than a coach? No, he was a manager and also a great coach. When he was a coach, he gave 100%. The 1994 Champions League final against Barcelona? Perhaps the first time Milan were not favorites in a final. We played a few days before that a game against Fiorentina, who were in Serie B and we lost 2-0. We entered into the dressing room and Capello said: ‘Guys, we are very strong. We are going to the final and we will definitely win’.

“It was a good solution to prepare that week before Athens. It was my first time as a center-back? Yes, but I had already played it before: my first league campaign was as a center back and also in the national team I played there and in the 1994 World Cup I played in that role.

“Comparing between Sacchi and Capello? Sacchi was more pressing, I still have nightmares [laughs]. I was very young and it was continuous lessons. We talk about Sacchi, Capello and Ancelotti but everything started for me with Nils Liedholm, who taught me to play football and he threw me in. We have to take a step back and acknowledge that he started this great Milan era.

“The period with Ancelotti? Beautiful. Carlo is a master in managing the group. He was a former teammate, a friend, and by the age of 35 I was able to control my emotions better, so we had the chance to enjoy every moment. Ancelotti’s work in Naples? When he was at Parma, he didn’t want to get out of his scheme. Now at Napoli he has changed the positions of players with already established roles, like Insigne and Hasmik. I think he will bring many successes.

“If some coaches are for leagues and others for cups? If I think about Sacchi then we only won one Scudetto out of four. I always wondered why we didn’t win as much in Italy like we did in Europe. It was probably because he wanted to play in any condition – physical condition, the opponents, the climate – in the same way, and there can be a limit. But thanks to the same type of game, you can arrive at high levels in the world. Serie A of the 90’s? It was of very high level.

“If Gattuso is more a league or a cup coach? Let’s see [laughs]. Let’s see this year. He has a great sense of belonging which is what Leonardo and I have tried to transmit to the squad over the last few months. The image of Rino is changing: first it was all grit and now in his behavior and the thing that he says, he has made a huge leap in quality. It’s not by chance that he has our trust.

“If I expected him to become a coach? He was brave to come to Milan, but Rino has football knowledge and he knows how to listen. For a young coach, he is fundamental for the management of the players and for the management of the relationship with the club.

“The first adjective that comes to mind when someone says ‘Berlusconi’? Presidente, my President. A visionary. He came telling us that we would be the strongest in the world, we were all laughing as we were coming off negative years. There’s been a disappearance of strong figures in football? Football is changing and a single entrepreneur would find it hard. But the passion still makes the difference.

“If Monza will get to Serie A? I think they will do it. When he talks about football, Galliani’s eyes light up. Football is a disease and it doesn’t heal easily. I was surprised by their return but it’s something beautiful because they started there. I will also cheer a bit for them.

“The relationship with Galliani? Those who choose their collaborators have clear ideas and the past has nothing to do with it. Disputes are normal but we spent 25 years very intense years together. I would like to surround myself with people who don’t always agree with me, that’s how you grow.

“A definition for myself? It’s difficult. I hope that I’ll be remembered as a fair player. At times I could be very rough. Once at an awards ceremony with Diego Maradona, they showed a clip of an incredibly tough tackle. I went to Diego and told him: ‘Diego, I am sorry. I do not remember that incident’.

Signature
Feels like home again

Last edited by truant; 14-10-2018 at 01:45.
truant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2018, 00:24   #5825
truant
sexy football fetishist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Romagnoli

“The night of Istanbul [2005 Champions League final]? Perhaps along with the 1994 World Cup Final lost to Brazil on penalties – that was the worst moment of my career. Football gives and it takes away, but at the end you have to accept the result, especially when you’ve given your all.

“If you watch it back, it’s not true that we sat back on 3-0, as we still had plenty of chances at 3-3 too. The mood of a team can change on a tiny incident. If you are strong and have the mentality, you can overcome certain situations, and fortunately we did that. Managing emotions in the CL final? At the age of 20 it’s harder to manage it, you go to the field and play. And when you get over 30, you know that you manage it differently but you want to win because you think it will be the last time.

“My strongest opponents? Maradona was something else. I faced Platini who was a great Champion, but Maradona was Maradona. After him I’ll say Ronaldo of Inter, he knew how to do everything. And, I can name an Italian, I’d say Totti, although our challenges were linked only to domestic competitions.

“Messi or Ronaldo? I don’t want to take anything away from Cristiano because he is phenomenal but I say Messi. He is the essence of football, also for how he behaves on the pitch when he is beaten, and he doesn’t complain much. In the past 15 years, Messi has been the absolute strongest.

“The Invincible Milan [1991/92 season]? Once you get to the record you want to keep it for as long as possible. Then you also think about winning the league but that objective helps you a lot.

“The goodbye from San Siro? The behavior of a player who is not consistent with the rules makes more noise than that of a 100 that do something good. I remember that day. I remain convinced of being a good person. The stadium was whistling but it wasn’t clear for what. I’m happy it happened, like I’m happy with the tribute of the Artemio Franchi in Firenze [on his last game ever].

“The national team? I said no to the call-up in 2006 and they won [the World Cup]. It was destiny, I guess. I still had a wonderful time, but the game I’d really like to play again would be against South Korea in the 2002 World Cup. I never got angry with referees, but that day it was frankly impossible not to. I let out the worst in me, helped also by the Spanish I had learned from my wife.

“How was my first time in Japan? It was terrible, the time zone, the very strange training sessions, it was cold… we won the first two [Intercontinental Cups, beating Atlético Nacional in 1989 and Olimpia in 1990] and then we faced big teams like São Paulo and Vélez Sársfield [lost to both in 1993 and 1994 respectively]. Finally, we got revenge against Boca Juniors [in 2003], closing the circle.

“How the contact to bring me back to Milan was made? I was on vacation, I was working for the ICC summer tournament. Leonardo called me and he told me that he’d been contacted by the club for his current position. At first he just told me on his role and then he called me the next day saying: ‘Listen, but what about you, what do you think?’ We talked about it for 10 days and then he asked me if I wanted to come back with him, we found the deal in 48 hours.

“What does being ‘Sporting Strategy and Development Director’ mean? Leo and I share the sporting area, and it’s a lot: it’s not just about managing the team, the players, coaches, buying and selling, it’s also about giving a certain line, a sense of belonging to the club.

“What do my days look like? I go to the office at Casa Milan in the morning, I share it with Leonardo. I arrived at the worst moment of the mercato and I was immediately overwhelmed by a world that in itself has nothing to do with the football played. Then fortunately the league started and we had more time to breathe and rest, having the opportunity to meet the team.

“Based on our experience, we try to return to those principles. At Milan, you must have clear in your mind that it’s essential to win trophies. Our objective now is to get back to being competitive in Europe as soon as possible. We have a three-year contract, so it’s not much time, but we’ll try.

“It was important for us to feel that there was a strong club by our side as players, so it must be the same for the current group. They are youngsters and the continuous dialogue remains of fundamental importance. I won’t deny that it’s tough to talk about Champions League qualification, considering recent results, but we are convinced we can do it. That is our main target.

“Lucas Paquetá? The mercato is closed [laughs]. He is talented, he is not 100% developed but he is a player who can make us dream. My love for tennis? It’s different. In tennis you have to be there at all times, it’s a challenge and it’s the challenges that I like. My knees are never happy, but I am.

“The upcoming derby? In the last few years it has been great, it will be a derby between competitive teams that will play for something important, as they’re both aiming high. A leap in quality in the standings? We have to remain close to the Top 4. We faced Napoli and Roma. We still have to manage the critical phase of the games and we’re working on it.

“The Europa League? The trend has changed, last year the Italian clubs did very well there. We’re talking about a competition that gives you direct access to the Champions League, and that is stimulating. We will respect it and play it at the maximum, also because we haven’t never won it.”

Signature
Feels like home again
truant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2018, 08:52   #5826
Jasper
Maldini tier

Un capitano,
C'è solo un capitano,
Un capitano,
C'è solo un capitano...
https://streamable.com/l0g3t

Signature

Old 14-10-2018, 19:08   #5827
b@D~HorsiE
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Megan Rapinoe, HOPE SOLO, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.

Signature
Old 15-10-2018, 12:36   #5828
Jasper
Maldini tier

vola

Signature

Old 16-10-2018, 06:23   #5829
Jasper
Maldini tier

�������� �������� #YungPaolo

Signature

Old 16-10-2018, 19:15   #5830
Ronin
Gattuso fanboy

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

When Paolo comes to our training session/locker room

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/baadb6b...9-53fad2949936

Signature
We practice unpopular culture,that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 10:04   #5831
b@D~HorsiE
AC Milan Legend

Signature
Old 17-10-2018, 10:24   #5832
Jasper
Maldini tier

#derbyweek

Signature

Old 18-10-2018, 15:28   #5833
Jasper
Maldini tier

#derbyweek

Signature

Old 18-10-2018, 16:50   #5834
b@D~HorsiE
AC Milan Legend

Signature
Old 18-10-2018, 17:23   #5835
b@D~HorsiE
AC Milan Legend

In the words of Kelso- “This man is a god, a god, I say.” Jesus Fuckin’ Christ!

Signature
Old 19-10-2018, 15:16   #5836
Jasper
Maldini tier

#MurdererOfCardigans

Signature

Old 19-10-2018, 19:10   #5837
vB9
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

They are not cardigans, they're v-neck jumpers... I wear them, they're flipping cool.

Signature
"What Leonardo brought to Milan? Experience, international contacts with FIFA, UEFA, big clubs. Leo has done everything, he toured the whole world. He is smart and knows well the world of communication."

"What can Maldini add? Paolo is the history, the figure. He is the idol. In the whole world if you speak about Milan you speak about Paolo and vice-versa. Paolo is the fidelity."
vB9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 23:56   #5838
mleite
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Higuain, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone

reminds me of school uniform though...

Signature
Forza Milan! ❤️
mleite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2018, 06:36   #5839
Jasper
Maldini tier

SPORTING STRATEGY & DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR

Signature

Old 21-10-2018, 05:55   #5840
b@D~HorsiE
AC Milan Legend

Derby Day!
LesssssGoooooo!!!

Signature