Week 4: Sampdoria vs AC Milan - Friday 16/09/2016 - 20:45 CET

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I am the only one who thinks montella did brilliantly in benching bacca? it obviously worked. he did better in 30 mins vs samp than the entire game vs udine. its exactly what he needed and lapa got some minutes in his legs as well.

funny how people here twist events to suit their own opinions. normally when a coach brings a player off the bench and he scores, the coach gets praised, no?

obviously not our coach.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I am the only one who thinks montella did brilliantly in benching bacca? it obviously worked. he did better in 30 mins vs samp than the entire game vs udine. its exactly what he needed and lapa got some minutes in his legs as well.

funny how people here twist events to suit their own opinions. normally when a coach brings a player off the bench and he scores, the coach gets praised, no?

obviously not our coach.

I agree with you.

And, you have to give credit to Bacca as well for responding to the manager the way he did. A mark of a true professional to take motivation out of the benching rather than moping/feeling sorry for himself the way someone like Balotelli would respond.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Same here. It was overall a great evening for Milan. Montella did something that worked, Bacca looked like he found additional motivation to work harder, Lapadula got some solid minutes in which he did well.

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

obviously not our coach.
No you are not the only one.
As long as the coach speaks to the benched player then its all good since seems that what happened with Bacca.

I hope he does that with Monto but this time he forget to sub him in and Monto get angry and fuck off , for good.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Nope you're not alone ;)

I've been asking to bench him since last season when performs like shit

and yesterday it worked, that's the Bacca we want

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
lol what game you watched? he did more than our mids and defenders in defansive aspects.

In the second half all the Samp's chances came from the left side... so I don't think he did much better, defensively, than our mids and defenders.

:thumbsdown:

bro!
tumblr_odn0vpHx4t1qjy8llo1_540.jpg

http://gloria13.tumblr.com/post/150528098498/gianluca-lapadula-congratulates-with-carlos-bacca

:eek::eek:

i know, i was kidding... the colombian Jesus loves his rivals :proud:

Last edited:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well, maybe I am wrong or maybe many people have the same eyesight as the same terrible referee that was against us the whole game when he nullified Doria's legal goal when Montolivo was making everything legal. Or maybe it was my eyesight again with the replays too.

1) How on earth is that not a pen to Bona, dude? I think even in england tefs would call that a clear pen. One may argue about Niang who let's himself fal too obviously to get the pen, but Jacks case is pretty clear IMO.

2) I'm trying to find a vid with the disallowed goal but I can't find one so I may be wrong about this one. But in that scene I remember the player before the one who shot the ball wasn't offside, but there was a second one who tried to deflect the ball after the shot but he didn't touch the ball. Wasn't this one offside and by attempting to deflect the shot distracting Donna (and forcing Donna to that clumsy move) therefore offside despite not touching the ball?

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
the only positive of the game was 3 points. not a good game for us especially in the first half we did nothing.
at the second half the game got a crazy rhythm and anything could happen.
to the guy that complains that the referee was against sampdoria the whole game, really you should watch the game again.
yes it was a terrible refereeing performance and yes the barreto goal should have stood. but do you take only the things that go against your team? what about Milan's incidents? there were two clear penalties for milan (Bonaventura, niang) with the referee being at a close range and had a clear view but he signaled play-on. instead of moping about the referee, get your head clear and just accept that it was just one of these games that anything could happen in terms of result (1,2,x).
as for bacca, I don't think there is a problem between him and the coach so I think is better not to create one ourselves. he was benched but the coach decided to put him in when things didn't work out. if montella wanted to throw him out of the team he would put in some other player to sub lapadula (maybe luiz Adriano) but he put his faith on bacca. so no problem here.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
1) How on earth is that not a pen to Bona, dude? I think even in england tefs would call that a clear pen. One may argue about Niang who let's himself fal too obviously to get the pen, but Jacks case is pretty clear IMO.

2) I'm trying to find a vid with the disallowed goal but I can't find one so I may be wrong about this one. But in that scene I remember the player before the one who shot the ball wasn't offside, but there was a second one who tried to deflect the ball after the shot but he didn't touch the ball. Wasn't this one offside and by attempting to deflect the shot distracting Donna (and forcing Donna to that clumsy move) therefore offside despite not touching the ball?

this one with monto being last defender?
https://youtu.be/y__lygfijTo?t=58s

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Havent watched the game, will in due coarse when a reply is shown , but we are third, i know others have not played but we are keeping up so hopefully once a few arrive in jan we can make it to cl

Schedule