Week 6: Fiorentina vs AC Milan - Sunday 25/09/2016 - 20.45 CET

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

andyb

Talent scout
Reaction score
Antonelli was brought on for Bona because Bona has been playing a lot lately and Montella was controlling the draw in the end. Antonelli could offer a good work rate, defensive safety and crosses. I don't think the sub was that weird.

I don't think DeS was shit either like some here are calling. He did a good job on making life difficult for Bernadeschi who is Fiore's most dangerous player in my eyes. DeS was constantly in his back when he recieved passes. He did make one horrible mistake with that one through ball, but I think there are many on this forum who wants to call a bad performance because they have already voiced their opinion on him earlier and are sticking by that even if he does do better.

Last game I think Niang was great, he worked a lot harder and with his physique he was causing Lazio all sorts of trouble. This time he was lazy with and without the ball. He didn't track back to defend nor to help the man on the ball. He also needs to work on his vision, he often looks at the ball way to much.

Calabria was by all means not perfect today, but he is 19 and we got a clean sheet again. We saw his potential for real in the Lazio game and I think it's great he is getting playing time to improve. I have high hopes for the kid. Going forward he is so much better than Abate, he was close to an assist again today.

Locatelli did hold off Babacar for a second before that freekick he got, pretty impressive concidering Babacar is a beast. I think Locatelli with time will turn out to be a pretty physical mid. Good physique for his age.

Donnaruma.. Oh what a wonderful showing again with his insane reaction! If I had to pick out something, I hope he will get better on holding on to balls and give the opposition less rebounds.

Horrible how there is three refs on that field who can't see that the red card and freekick outside the box was clear as daylight.

All in all we are still playing a lot of youngsters, who demonstrated maturity by concentrating until the ref blew the final wistle. We have another clean sheet away from home vs a pretty decent Fiorentina. I can live with this!

With time the players will adapt to Montellas system and our youngsters will grow confidence. I hope we bring in some superstars in the winter mercato who could lead with example and teach our talents the ropes of the game.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
I dunno about y'all but i was impressed and quite happy with the performance.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Yeah Locatelli was the one with the long pass to Adriano.

Montolivo's pass was the one where they called offside (when it wasn't :fp:)

i am starting to like this monto - locatelli - kucka midfield.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Can't win them all.

Saw glimpses of a good passing game, against a team that pressed high and aggressive.

The clean sheet is another good to bring from this game.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i am starting to like this monto - locatelli - kucka midfield.

Locatelli isn't ready to be a starter yet.

But so far it's been the best midfield to use when we want to close out games.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Locatelli isn't ready to be a starter yet.

But so far it's been the best midfield to use when we want to close out games.

agree :thumbsup:
hope montella keeps giving him some mins even after bertolacci and matias return.

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
2s5zjn6.png

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
really good defending, but show no desire to win.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Bona cant play as LCM and Niang wasted too many chances we had. Its time to bench him and let Bona play Winger.
Niang need sometime on the bench.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
I think man of the match was Paletta. What a player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Bona cant play as LCM and Niang wasted too many chances we had. Its time to bench him and let Bona play Winger.
:star:
Not only Niang is is frustrating to have on the left but also Bona is missed there + fielded where he again frustrate.
So its like we are missing two players not one.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
When was the last time we had three consecutive clean sheets?

ACMILANMKD

Con il Diavolo in Corpo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Oliver Bierhoff, Weah, Sheva, Van Basten
The best Monto performance in months.... :)

Three games with clean sheath. I think that we are starting to look as a organized team (at certain moments). Not bad till now...

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
After seeing the replay it was clear that it wasn't a penalty..but still fuck all the refs, 3 of them and none gave a free kick + red card, cunts!

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Vangioni literally cannot be worse than De Sciglio/Antonelli. It's time for him to take over at LB. Want to see Sosa and Pasalic in the XI asap. Niang needs to sit on bench and think about what he's done.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Interesting how Montella decided on two fullbacks to clean up the mess on the left side. Also helps to have a left footer to send in crosses quicker and from deeper.

My god, what's happened to DeS? His mind is so fragile... One mistake and his game is fucked up.

Kucka was basically man marking Valero most of the game, pretty much nullified him. Hoped for more from Niang, he had room in behind Bernardeschi and never took advantage of it.

Draw is a fair result.

Donnarrumma is immense.

Definitely not his best game tonight. Runs consistently, runs a lot. But tonight it lead to almost nothing.

Ahhhhh , lol
The idiot lost like 10 balls tonight.
Des was worse first half but he did better second half so for sure Niang was the shittiest of them all.
Now wait for his fan club to give stats on how we struggle without him.

Well the stats don't lie ;) It's not a coincidence that almost all our attacking plays come form the left side. He offers a lot of running and solutions for his teammates, that makes him very valuable. He's that kind of player when you play with him you really appreciate because he offers you always a solution when you're on the ball or moving in/around the box without the ball.

On the other hand, Suso was very inconsistent tongiht (again). Here and there he shows up, and when he does, it always gets very concrete and dangerous. My issue is he shows up 2-3 times in 90 minutes, while Niang runs up and down almost all the game. When people are blaming Niang for all the opportunities he fucks-up (while he's mostly creating them all by himself) then they shouldn't leave out Suso after a similar anonymous performance. Suso maybe doesn't loose or give away as many balls as Niang, but IMO that's because he doesn't take many risks and plays it very save all the time. And that's just not enough. He's a winger, not a defender. He - just like Niang - is allowed to take risks other can't, try to jump his man (what he rarely does if you consider it. He runs and covers the ball but then releases it to the next teammate. I rarely see him actually jumping his man and creating numerous superiority) or to try a long-distance shot even if it lands on the stands.

Vangioni literally cannot be worse than De Sciglio/Antonelli. It's time for him to take over at LB. Want to see Sosa and Pasalic in the XI asap. Niang needs to sit on bench and think about what he's done.

I agree he needs a bench. But not as a punishment. More because he looks like he's out of fuel. One game where he starts from the bench could be very beneficial for him and for the team.

Last edited:

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i think it was a decent performance overall in a difficult stadium for us.
the way I saw the match the first 10-15 minutes were balanced and then fiorentina step up their game and dominated for around 15 minutes. this was our worst period in the game where we struggled a lot and look like we were panicked every time fiorentina attacked. fortunately ilicic missed that penalty.
the rest of the first half I think it was balanced again.
in the second half I think we were the most dangerous of the two teams even if fiorentina hold the ball. I think that our chances were better and clearer. don't know what the ref was thinking at Adriano incident.
generally I think our centerbacks (romagnoli-paletta) had a good game and they show game by game that they bond pretty well. also Calabria had another decent game while montolivo had a good game also.
next game is a must-win match in our home.
FORZA MILAN!

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Three clean sheets is nice...

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
I'd like to see this squad without Bonaventura and Niang

Honda, Sosa in and Montolivo mezzala

Donna
Abate - Paletta - Romagnoli - Calabria
Kucka - Locatelli - Montolivo
Honda - Sosa
Bacca

90% possession, Sassuolo destroyed and easy hattrick for Carlitos :cool: