Evaluation on our current transfer progress

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
We're kinda short of an forward who's able to create some space and chances for the rest of the squad, someone like Sheva.... Ricardo Oliveira hasn't shown any of the movements Sheva had, too bad for us.

Fact is that our squad in 2006/2007 is weak, both on the pitch and on the paper. Bayern, Chelsea, Real, Barca, Valencia, Inter and Lyon all have far better squads then us.
The losses of Stam, Rui Costa and Shevchenko have made us a mediocore team, and it really makes me sad and frustrated.

slifersd

Beginner
Reaction score
Sign a new striker!

I hate to repeat this again, but our summer transfer market was a joke. At this point, we have a unreliable defense, mainly due to the inuries and age problems they suffer. At this point, we don't know when Kaladze and Nesta will be at their best and we cannot expect Maldini, Costacurta and Cafu to be the same player they were a few years ago. Even worse than our defense is our offense. We just cannot seem to find a way to score! Gilardino has been a major disappointment since the world cup. Inzaghi isn't getting any younger and is innjury prone. Oliveira showed flashes of goodness but is still a second rated striker. I don't think I will have to say anything about Borrielo. How do we expect to win anything at all with bad defense and bad offense? Our defense still has room to grow when our players get healthy, but our offense needs instant improvement! We have got to sign a new striker! And I don't mean another Oliveira signing, a guy who can actually put the ball into the net. A guy like Huntlaar would be perfect. Before people start talking about how he is not eligible for the Champions League, we need to face facts. With the talent level of our squad, we are no match against teams like Barcelona and Chelsea. We can't even guarantee victories against teams like Real Madrid and Inter. We need to focus on the more realistic goal with our Serie A title run. Another option should be Tavano of Valencia. He can be a short term solution if the team decide to sign a superstar striker next summer (Eto'o, Adriano, Henry or others), which isn't that likely given how cheap the management has been over the years. The management needs to open their eyes and see the problems with the team instead of keep trying to have confidence in the players we have. They are who they are and we need to face facts!

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
So...close this thread.

red&black_fever

Dreamer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Rui Costa, *Il Capitano*, Kaka
As someone said after 2.5 games you are ready to sell him?

Cmon Give Gila a chance, then make the right decision.

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Alright ... new striker, but who??

ter

Reaction score
Fav. Players
pato, ronaldhino, pippo
lets not get ahead of ourselves its early let gila n olivera get a couple of goals under their belts once the confidence goes up the goals will come. to be honest sheva was a good sale he wasnt the player he was a few seasons back just look at him now!!

pussycat_doll

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Henry, Raul, Sergio Ramos
I dident know were to write this post i was thinking of a new topic sumthing like players you want in and players you want out of the squad but i think this should be fine .

So lets see our squad:

Goalkeepers:

1.Dida: i would say his equal to buffon if he would have a good defence infront of him like buffon alwayz has.So i think his a very very good player and were lucky to have him.

16. Kalac Zeljko: a serie b replacament?If dida is out were basicly fucked up.

29. Fiori Valerio: same as kalac,one more thing to add: wee should have keeped abbiati.

So on galkeepers were good if dida dosent get injured.

Defenders:

Lets see what do wee have here:

2.Cafu : Il say his decent for this season,in the summer campaing he need to be bench,keeped for one more season,then he can retire or go to a other club.

3.Maldini Paolo:Have much respect for this player but this is the last season for him,probably as sub,probably plagged whit injuries,so wee need a replacement bad for him.

4.Kaladze Kakha: One of the best cd out there,he is a good for the starting 11.

5.Costacurta Alessandro: At his age he can play very well for 20 minutes,last season for him 2 ,he looks more sharper then our other old timer maldini even though his older,so lets see wee have a good 20 minutes sub nothing more.

13.Nesta Alessandro: our best defender,and why not in his postion the best in the world.

17.Simic Dario: Prety good player,i say he needs to be in the starting 11 this year ,see how he does ,i have my faith in this player,and anyway its not like wee have alot of options either.

18.Jankulovski Marek: same opion as i have on kala one of the best of there he should start in the first 11 he dosent belong in the bench.

19.Favalli Giuseppe: Good sub for this seson nothing more.

25.Bonera Daniele: i dont see nothing special in this player,i dont think he is milan quality.But then again i dident see alot of him ,its still early to tell,but my prediction is that his not gonna shyne here ever or elsewere for that matter.

27.Serginho He cant pull of a 90 min any more,but a good 70 min wee have in him,now that his injured were kinda fucked up arent wee?

So that prety much sums our defence,moving on.

Midfielders

Oh the midfield now this is our best part of the team whit out it i would say were a prety average team:

8.Gattuso Gennaro Ivan: Best dm out there.Runs alot,thos the dog work for the team,his the hart.

10.Seedorf Clarence Has a formidable tehnique,only if he would have had the speed in the old dayz,this guyz pulls a good match out of 5,so a good bench nothing more,im startin miss rui already.

20.Gourcuff Yoann : Hot prospect,i say put him on the starting 11,he dosent belong on the bech,and if he is bench his not gonna develop like wee all whant so please carleto please use him on the starting 11.

21.Pirlo Andrea: world champion,whit a litle tuning on our team he can realy prove you all that he is very good.

22. Kakà : the best player in the world,need i say more?:D

23.Ambrosini Massimo: his carrer of a world class player prety much ended whit all this injuries,very srry for him,if he dosent recover this seson,sell him his average now,so usless.

32.Brocchi Cristian: this guy is gonna save our asses this seson at least a couple of times,very good deal to keep him at Milan.

Moving on :

Forwards:

7.Oliveira Ricardo: i dont want to coment on this guy just yet im seeing some good vibes from him and some bad lets see until january if he gets the playng time needed to prove him self ,im gonna have a opinion on him

9.Inzaghi Filippo: Still has it him,how wee missed him on that long term injury:(,his our best stricker right now.

11.Gilardino Alberto: if by december he dosent prove to me that he is realy good i would say kick him out of the first 11,bench him.He would be a good sub nothing more.Wee cant wait another full year for him to show us,he has all the chance in the world ,is do or die for gila right now.

15.Borriello Marco: not sure if he is good sub ,about the starting 11? Lets not joke to much :D

So thats the team so lets see the balance:

-24 players in the squad

I can count from there a not say very good but a good starting 11.

5 players that are totaly usless to the team and dont belong in Milan.

And 8 good/average players.

For the next season if things are gonna get any better the situation is only going to get worse.

What would i change :

If gila dosent deliver this season,a good foward and were good there.

Midfield: nothing its good the way it is.

In defence 4 new players should do it .So what wee need in my opnion are 5 world class players and wee can be realy the best team in the world.

So this was my evaluation on our squad what do you guyz think?

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
pussycat_doll said:
I dident know were to write this post i was thinking of a new topic sumthing like players you want in and players you want out of the squad but i think this should be fine .

So lets see our squad:

Goalkeepers:

1.Dida: i would say his equal to buffon if he would have a good defence infront of him like buffon alwayz has.So i think his a very very good player and were lucky to have him.

16. Kalac Zeljko: a serie b replacament?If dida is out were basicly fucked up.

29. Fiori Valerio: same as kalac,one more thing to add: wee should have keeped abbiati.

So on galkeepers were good if dida dosent get injured.

Defenders:

Lets see what do wee have here:

2.Cafu : Il say his decent for this season,in the summer campaing he need to be bench,keeped for one more season,then he can retire or go to a other club.

3.Maldini Paolo:Have much respect for this player but this is the last season for him,probably as sub,probably plagged whit injuries,so wee need a replacement bad for him.

4.Kaladze Kakha: One of the best cd out there,he is a good for the starting 11.

5.Costacurta Alessandro: At his age he can play very well for 20 minutes,last season for him 2 ,he looks more sharper then our other old timer maldini even though his older,so lets see wee have a good 20 minutes sub nothing more.

13.Nesta Alessandro: our best defender,and why not in his postion the best in the world.

17.Simic Dario: Prety good player,i say he needs to be in the starting 11 this year ,see how he does ,i have my faith in this player,and anyway its not like wee have alot of options either.

18.Jankulovski Marek: same opion as i have on kala one of the best of there he should start in the first 11 he dosent belong in the bench.

19.Favalli Giuseppe: Good sub for this seson nothing more.

25.Bonera Daniele: i dont see nothing special in this player,i dont think he is milan quality.But then again i dident see alot of him ,its still early to tell,but my prediction is that his not gonna shyne here ever or elsewere for that matter.

27.Serginho He cant pull of a 90 min any more,but a good 70 min wee have in him,now that his injured were kinda fucked up arent wee?

So that prety much sums our defence,moving on.

Midfielders

Oh the midfield now this is our best part of the team whit out it i would say were a prety average team:

8.Gattuso Gennaro Ivan: Best dm out there.Runs alot,thos the dog work for the team,his the hart.

10.Seedorf Clarence Has a formidable tehnique,only if he would have had the speed in the old dayz,this guyz pulls a good match out of 5,so a good bench nothing more,im startin miss rui already.

20.Gourcuff Yoann : Hot prospect,i say put him on the starting 11,he dosent belong on the bech,and if he is bench his not gonna develop like wee all whant so please carleto please use him on the starting 11.

21.Pirlo Andrea: world champion,whit a litle tuning on our team he can realy prove you all that he is very good.

22. Kakà : the best player in the world,need i say more?:D

23.Ambrosini Massimo: his carrer of a world class player prety much ended whit all this injuries,very srry for him,if he dosent recover this seson,sell him his average now,so usless.

32.Brocchi Cristian: this guy is gonna save our asses this seson at least a couple of times,very good deal to keep him at Milan.

Moving on :

Forwards:

7.Oliveira Ricardo: i dont want to coment on this guy just yet im seeing some good vibes from him and some bad lets see until january if he gets the playng time needed to prove him self ,im gonna have a opinion on him

9.Inzaghi Filippo: Still has it him,how wee missed him on that long term injury:(,his our best stricker right now.

11.Gilardino Alberto: if by december he dosent prove to me that he is realy good i would say kick him out of the first 11,bench him.He would be a good sub nothing more.Wee cant wait another full year for him to show us,he has all the chance in the world ,is do or die for gila right now.

15.Borriello Marco: not sure if he is good sub ,about the starting 11? Lets not joke to much :D

So thats the team so lets see the balance:

-24 players in the squad

I can count from there a not say very good but a good starting 11.

5 players that are totaly usless to the team and dont belong in Milan.

And 8 good/average players.

For the next season if things are gonna get any better the situation is only going to get worse.

What would i change :

If gila dosent deliver this season,a good foward and were good there.

Midfield: nothing its good the way it is.

In defence 4 new players should do it .So what wee need in my opnion are 5 world class players and wee can be realy the best team in the world.

So this was my evaluation on our squad what do you guyz think?
You got far too much time on your hands.

MahmoodAB

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
all Milanese are one
there are wrong things about wt u said.. for example about Ambrosini being useless.. i still think he is good, he does alot still ;) due to injuries

i guess we should get 2 great defenders.. or atleast 2 young good defenders and get maldini and costacurta to teach them at the best ;) ..

about gila.. he is a good player.. he didn't do alot this season, but we gotta wait abit for while.. not a problem, but selling him is not a solution

milan are doing good with their current players.. but we need few new young good players so they can get used to milans way

pussycat_doll

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Henry, Raul, Sergio Ramos
MahmoodAB said:
there are wrong things about wt u said.. for example about Ambrosini being useless.. i still think he is good, he does alot still ;) due to injuries

i guess we should get 2 great defenders.. or atleast 2 young good defenders and get maldini and costacurta to teach them at the best ;) ..

about gila.. he is a good player.. he didn't do alot this season, but we gotta wait abit for while.. not a problem, but selling him is not a solution

milan are doing good with their current players.. but we need few new young good players so they can get used to milans way

2 is minum 4 is for the best wee need to in the starting 11 ,and two to rotate.

And what exactly does he does?Last year he cost us a place in the cl final remember?

Gila bench ok dont sell but at least bench him if dosent deliver,he ca be sumthing like tomason.

And about San Paolo i wrote that in 15 minutes ,seems like your the one who dosent have anything to do,if u just enter msg boards and make stupid coments like that one.

Schedule