Italian Football Thread

Who will win the 2011/2012 Serie A title?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lo Tsar said:
The only certainty now, is that Milan will bottle it tomorrow with the pressure of having to make use of this rather insignificant Juventus result.
Yeah, Juventus' loss of 2 points will surely motivate our players.

tassard

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Del Piero,Zamorano,Cannavaro,Nesta
Marco Azzuri said:
This 1-1 result with a Milan victory tomorow could brighten up my weekend so much. God I hope this happens, then it's 9 points behing Juve, then if we beat them again it's 6 points behind Juve, then all we need to do is hope they slip up 2 more times.

Still a long shot that Juve will lose two normal season games but eh Fiorentina came close.

Apparently Zalayeta almost got the ball in and Peruzzi pushed it and hit the post. Comentator claims it was ahuge save.

You won't win again mate.Next time Chimenti won't be in the pitch

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
now if we win we are 9 points behinde juve NIce

Forza Lazio

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
Napoliwatch

Napoli end the year with a confident 3-0 thrashing of Lanciano to confirm their place on top of the table. Uruguayan Mariano Bogliacino was the star last Sunday with a brace and found the target again in this midweek round, while his cross created Sosa’s opener after just three minutes. Capparella scored his first goal of the season to complete the rout.

In other news, it appears that Adraino is in hospital after being knocked unconcious during Inter vs Empoli.

red&black_fever

Dreamer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Rui Costa, *Il Capitano*, Kaka
Lo Tsar said:
In other news, it appears that Adraino is in hospital after being knocked unconcious during Inter vs Empoli.
hahah, would have taken a decent hit to take down adriano.

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lo Tsar said:
Really? What happened?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
hey Lo tsar...how are things in serie b. i saw that mantova lost yesterday. i can find the table myself but who is on form and who are not?
and adriano shpould be fine already...called his mother and everything

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
milanist said:
Really? What happened?
He clashed heads with Empoli defeder Raggi 14 minutes into the game. He fell unconcious and was taken off once medics were sure he hadn't swallowed his tounge. He regained conciousness soon after but was made to spend a night in hospital for scans to make sure all was well. I believe he has now been discharged and is now fine bar a soar head.

peaboss said:
hey Lo tsar...how are things in serie b. i saw that mantova lost yesterday. i can find the table myself but who is on form and who are not?
and adriano shpould be fine already...called his mother and everything
Mantova were beaten for the first time this season by lowley Pescara on Wednesday. Despite this thet were still crowned Winter champions and sit 2 points above second place Catania. Mantova have looked good so far, but the chasing pack is hot on their tale with Catania, Torino and Atalanta all within 4 points of them. Still far too early to say who will win the Serie B, though I have a suspicion it will be Torino.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Scott, where is Foggia playing now? I remember they're a regular to serie A in early-mid 90s. What about Cremonese? Any good players in both team? Thanks in advance.

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaizka22 said:
Scott, where is Foggia playing now? I remember they're a regular to serie A in early-mid 90s. What about Cremonese? Any good players in both team? Thanks in advance.
Foggia currently play in the Serie C1B (the same league as Napoli). At the moment they are doing quite badly as they are in 14th (of 18 teams) with 16 points. Compared to Napoli, the current league leaders that is real bad as the Azzurri have 29 points and a game in hand.
Cermonese are at present in Serie B, though it would appear not for much longer. They are joint bottom with Catanzaro with only 11 points so far.
Other than that there isn't a great deal more I know about the 2 sides, though I doubt any of the players you remember from the Serie A days will still be there. :)

Last edited:

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
please Someone Post the best GoalSoccer in Serie a

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lo Tsar said:
Foggia currently play in the Serie C1B (the same league as Napoli). At the moment they are doing quite badly as they are in 14th (of 18 teams) with 16 points. Compared to Napoli, the curreent league leaders that is real bad as the Azzurri have 29 points and a game in hand.
Cermonese are at present in Serie B, though it would appear not for much longer. They are joint bottom with Catanzaro with only 11 points so far.
Other than that there isn't a great deal more I know about the 2 sides, though I doubt any of the players you remember from the Serie A days will still be there. :)

you know Alot For Napoli in Wich Postion are they ???

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
DugiNesta said:
you know Alot For Napoli in Wich Postion are they ???
1st in Serie C1B, with a substancial lead over all the other teams. :)

And Luca Toni is currently the top goal scorer in Serie A, though Trez is catching up on him.

Bambino D'oro

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Oddo, Diana, Gilardino, Toni, Volpi, Totti, De Rossi
Lo Tsar said:
Mantova were beaten for the first time this season by lowley Pescara on Wednesday. Despite this thet were still crowned Winter champions and sit 2 points above second place Catania. Mantova have looked good so far, but the chasing pack is hot on their tale with Catania, Torino and Atalanta all within 4 points of them. Still far too early to say who will win the Serie B, though I have a suspicion it will be Torino.
Forza Pescara!!!!

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lo Tsar said:
1st in Serie C1B, with a substancial lead over all the other teams. :)

And Luca Toni is currently the top goal scorer in Serie A, though Trez is catching up on him.
\

thanx very Much

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Italian TV firm Mediaset has bought the domestic and international broadcast rights for Juventus matches over the next two seasons. - eurosport.com

Damn , Berlusconi bought Juventus TV rights ? Something fishy is going betwen Berlusconi & Moggi .. I always was suspicious if they are co-operating with their mafia clan .. this just prove it ..

Also offering Abbiati to Juventus from Berlusconi was strange..

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
besikaka said:
Italian TV firm Mediaset has bought the domestic and international broadcast rights for Juventus matches over the next two seasons. - eurosport.com

Damn , Berlusconi bought Juventus TV rights ? Something fishy is going betwen Berlusconi & Moggi .. I always was suspicious if they are co-operating with their mafia clan .. this just prove it ..

Also offering Abbiati to Juventus from Berlusconi was strange..
I think your reading into this a bit to much. B's motives seem clear to me:
He buys the rights to the matches of Italy's most popular football team. He therefore has 20 million Juve fans tuning into Mediaset every weekend, and in turn watching Publitalia adverts during commericial breaks. Breaks that in turn give B yet more money, and more importantly more people watching Forza Italia political broadcasts. This in turn gives him yet more publicity and therefore a bigger margin in the next general election. It's pure politics, I doubt he even gives a rats ass about Moggi and Stevens.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Lo Tsar said:
I think your reading into this a bit to much. B's motives seem clear to me:
He buys the rights to the matches of Italy's most popular football team. He therefore has 20 million Juve fans tuning into Mediaset every weekend, and in turn watching Publitalia adverts during commericial breaks. Breaks that in turn give B yet more money, and more importantly more people watching Forza Italia political broadcasts. This in turn gives him yet more publicity and therefore a bigger margin in the next general election. It's pure politics, I doubt he even gives a rats ass about Moggi and Stevens.

I dont know if he gives a rats ass about Moggi .. but I saw on TV before some days how Moggi goes out of Berlusconi cancelary.. it was in Canal 5 , the program is called "STRICTA... " cant remember good.. its humouristic + critical program for all negative things happens in Italian society ..

You have a point there about the advertasing.. but I dont understand how he will make political pluses ? with just advertasing his channels ? The electory adv. come just 1 month before the elections.. thats a rule I think..

I will call it more commercial than political ;)

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
besikaka said:
I dont know if he gives a rats ass about Moggi .. but I saw on TV before some days how Moggi goes out of Berlusconi cancelary.. it was in Canal 5 , the program is called "STRICTA... " cant remember good.. its humouristic + critical program for all negative things happens in Italian society ..

You have a point there about the advertasing.. but I dont understand how he will make political pluses ? with just advertasing his channels ? The electory adv. come just 1 month before the elections.. thats a rule I think..

I will call it more commercial than political ;)
Yeah, for sure B&G have a friendly relationship with Moggi and Stevens. But I don't think it's as sinister as you were suggesting.

The commercial gains for Berlusconian companies are irreputable. But i'm sure there would be political gain as well. From my understanding most of Berlusconi's followers are of the North, a following that is waining. So what better time to strike up some friendships in the South by giving every Sicilian terestrial access to their favourite football team? Seems like a master stroke to me. ;)

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think this guy has an ever-increasing case of foot-in-mouth disease. :head:

Di Canio: "I'm A Fascist, Not A Racist"
12/23/2005 5:47:00 PM
Lazio striker Paolo Di Canio has denied that his straight-arm salute, that resulted in him being banned and fined, is in any way racist, or designed to incite violence.

The veteran caused controversy when making the fascist-style salute during a Serie A match earlier this month and was forced to miss out on Lazio's match with Lecce on Wednesday as a result.

However, he explained to ANSA: "I am a fascist, not a racist.

"I give the straight arm salute because it is a salute from a ’camerata’ to ’camerati’ (words for members of Benito Mussolini's fascist movement).

"The salute is aimed at my people. With the straight arm I don’t want to incite violence and certainly not racial hatred." (Goal.com)

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
I’m a fascist, admits Di Canio

Paolo Di Canio is to appeal against the recent ban and fine handed down to him by the Italian Football Association by arguing in his defence that he is a fascist.
Di Canio claims that the Roman salute that led to his one-match ban and £7,000 fine at the hands of the Italian FA was his way of showing camaraderie towards his Lazio supporters and not any racist slur.

“I am a fascist not a racist,” he said. “I give the Roman salute because it is a greeting from comrade to fellow comrade that is directed towards my people.
“With the raised arm I do not intend to incite violence or even racial hatred,” added the 37-year-old.

The former West Ham and Charlton player chose to make the gesture during his side’s fraught match with Livorno, whose supporters are notoriously left wing.
He has decided to be defended by a lawyer from Bologna, whose father was a renowned fascist criminal lawyer.
Gabriele Bordoni is also a right-wing sympathiser and staunch Biancocelesti fan.
Di Canio’s plight has only served to heighten his legendary status among Lazio’s right-wing fanbase, 500 of whom were staging a sit-in at the Rome headquarters of the Italian FA on Friday.

“I’d like to thank my supporters,” added the controversial Lazio captain. “I would also like to thank my friends who have stood by me during this time and for the solidarity shown for a gesture that for me is just about belonging.
“Merry Christmas and long live liberty,” he concluded.

( Hmmm, what to say ? This guy MUST be suspended for life!
I can't F. believe how many times does he has to do this over and over again before someone takes it more seriously. What a f. moron! ).

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
I used to like Di Canio for his passion on the pitch, but he's made me understand that he's something else.

Seems he is a 'fascist' but not a racist. I can only wonder how the two can possibly be studied in isolation. This man is disgusting. He must be stripped of his captaincy, and thrown out of football for good.

If the Italian FA lets this go on, it will cast a dirty stain on what is being dubbed as the 'Best league in the world' and stands a real chance to lose its bid for Euro 2012, as pointed out by Platini some days back.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
Italian Tsar said:
I used to like Di Canio for his passion on the pitch, but he's made me understand that he's something else.

Seems he is a 'fascist' but not a racist. I can only wonder how the two can possibly be studied in isolation. This man is disgusting. He must be stripped of his captaincy, and thrown out of football for good.

If the Italian FA lets this go on, it will cast a dirty stain on what is being dubbed as the 'Best league in the world' stands a real chance to lose its bid for Euro 2012, as pointed out by Platini some days back.

Gr8 way to put it.
I used to like him too, he amazed me on the pitch, his skills and passion for this game are definetely on the highest level, but ...

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
YUGOSLAV said:
Gr8 way to put it.
I used to like him too, he amazed me on the pitch, his skills and passion for this game are definetely on the highest level, but ...

Thanks, mate :)

Yeah, as a leader, he can really rally his troops, provide that spark which can ignite the entire side. But just because u have talent, that doesn't mean u can have a free ride at other peoples' sensitivities. After all, so many have talent;so many...

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
This guy is a psycho. He should have considered retiring after his West Ham days and would have done so in a high. Was a great player but seems to be getting in and out of trouble since his move to Lazio. What a shame!

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Actually I think this whole thing has been blown out of all proportion. As outdated and even wrong as the notion of fascism is, I don't doubt that he truely believes in the values and ideals. As do the Lazio faithful. So on that basis I don't see what is so bad about him conecting with his OWN fans by making the gesture, even if it is uncomfortable for the most of us. If he had gone and done it to the Livorno fans to enrage and discriminate them, then sure, lock him up and through away the key. But as he seemed to be doing it simply to please his own fans then whats so wrong about that. I must make a point that I for one totally disagree with his fascist principals, but I don't see why he should not be aloud to voice those principals like everyone else is aloud to do with theirs.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I say kick his ass.
Going easy on him might encourage others 2 connect 2 their fans with more bad gestures.

A player should b an example 2 follow.
We need 2 think about young Lazio fans who look up @ him.
They will imitate him @ first but then latter on might believe in the hole fascist deal.

Maybe soon we might see a German player with a “high Hitler”.

Rex

Reaction score
Funny is he never did the raised arm salute when managing his prof career in England. But when this thing given spotlight of what he does recently, he is likely want to be primadonna which has lost the taste of life. :rolleyes:

Merged.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Rex said:
Funny is he never did the raised arm salute when managing his prof career in England. But when this thing given spotlight of what he does recently, he is likely want to be primadonna which has lost the taste of life. :rolleyes:

Merged.

Yeah I thought the same, I really don't buy the "I'm a fascist" stuff(he has gotten so much attention because of it, that is only likely that he will continue doing it). Besides, being a fascist almost inmediatly means he is also a racist.. If a player gets a yellow card for showing a shirt that says "I love you mom" then a guy that makes the fascist salute must be punished harder, if he wants to state his political believes he better do it some place else, not on a football stadium, it is not the right place, even if he does it to his crowd, there are other teams fans & tv audience watching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule