2010 Fifa World Cup Qualification Thread

Maradona's stint as Argentina coach

• Total voters

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Tevez got (IMO an unfair but stupid) red card early in the game vs Colombia which alongside several other factors did not help Argentina. Messi did a pretty good goal and Argentina could have killed of the game before the end of the first half, but they didn't and Colombia went out more aggressive (which is a surprise for me, since their coach is one of the most cautious coaches in the world, he rarely risks, I guess he learned from the mistakes done in my team + NT), and they were better than Argentina in the physical aspect, they scored 2 goals (the last one IMO was offside). I really did not get why Basile did not put Crespo in, as they were in the desperation mode of sending high balls for someone to head in and Argentina had simply no one tall out there to do that job. In the end deserved win by Colombia.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
crazy4milan said:
I know! And it's even worse when Elano comes in (elano= the anus in spanish, so you know Kaka passes through-to- Elano, that's just wrong :D ).
LOL ... I never knew about 'elano' ... Thanks for the Spanish lesson :D

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
So why do Forlan and Cavani never play for uruguay? They arent even on the bench...

Uruguay are running rings around brazil, creating LOADS of chances, that are just screaming for a decent striker to knock them in.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
FT
Brazil 2 - 1 Uruguay

9' S Abreu (Chi)
44' L Clemente (Bra)
65' L Clemente (Bra)

so far

Chile 0 - 2 Paraguay

24' S Cabañas (Par)
45' P Da Silva (Par)

If things stay like that for Paraguay, the top 4 after these first 4 games are like this:

1.- Paraguay 10 pts
2.- Argentina 9 pts
3.- Brazil 8 pts
4.- Colombia 8 pts

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Damn it, if Brazil keep it this way they will for sure win the WC, that's how they being doing it in this millenium: look at us we aren't that good, we are vulnerable, we aren't favorites, Argentina is more favorite than us...and out of the nothing they are the champions. Uruguay could have beat them so easily, but they messed up their chances.

Paraguay has always been a personal favorite, they have been growing slowly but that has helped them out a lot, officially they are the 3rd force in SA. There's no team in South America that can defend as good as Paraguay (and now they are combining it with good attack). I'm really shocked at their result vs Chile in Santiago, specially cause Chile was also playing wonderful till yesterday.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Wild said:
Argentina = the best :D Buwahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Blame tevez for it. im beginning to hate him after his move to manure. hes becoming more and more like rooney.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
radioactivenerd said:
Blame tevez for it. im beginning to hate him after his move to manure. hes becoming more and more like rooney.
Fall from grace? :D

Perhaps Sir Alex got it wrong this time ... far too often do we see both Rooney and Tevez drop back and they've both become accustomed to it, with either C. Ronaldo or Giggs getting into a striker's position. An in-box striker like Ruud would have sufficed.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^^^^i hope 'sir' alex agrees with you. Nothing would make me hap[pier than to see tevez leave manure.....even if he goes to an arch rival like juve or inter.

.....ok ok maybe not INTER, but id rather juve over manure.

I'm all for a messi -aguero starting partnership for argentina....tevez can fuck around on the bench.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Draw was held today for the 2010 World Cup Qualifiers, and we Azzurri finally got some respect and received an easy group: :D

Group 8:
Italy :star: :star: :star: :star:
bul.gif
Bulgaria
irl.gif
Ireland Republic
cyp.gif
Cyprus
geo.gif
Georgia
mne.gif
Montenegro

Last edited:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Rest of the groups (of course it's only Round 1)

Group 1
por.gif
Portugal
swe.gif
Sweden
den.gif
Denmark
hun.gif
Hungary
alb.gif
Albania
mlt.gif
Malta

Group 2
gre.gif
Greece
isr.gif
Israel
sui.gif
Switzerland
mda.gif
Moldova
lva.gif
Latvia
lux.gif
Luxembourg

Group 3
cze.gif
Czech Republic
pol.gif
Poland
nir.gif
Northern Ireland
svk.gif
Slovakia
svn.gif
Slovenia
smr.gif
San Marino

Group 4
ger.gif
Germany
rus.gif
Russia
fin.gif
Finland
wal.gif
Wales
aze.gif
Azerbaijan
lie.gif
Liechtenstein

Group 5
esp.gif
Spain
tur.gif
Turkey
bel.gif
Belgium
bih.gif
Bosnia-Herzegovina
arm.gif
Armenia
est.gif
Estonia

Group 6
cro.gif
Croatia
eng.gif
England :rolleyes:
ukr.gif
Ukraine
blr.gif
Belarus
kaz.gif
Kazakhstan
and.gif
Andorra

Group 7
fra.gif
France
rou.gif
Romania
srb.gif
Serbia
ltu.gif
Lithuania
aut.gif
Austria
fro.gif
Faroe Islands

Group 9
ned.gif
Netherlands
sco.gif
Scotland
nor.gif
Norway
mkd.gif
Macedonia FYR
isl.gif
Iceland

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
I'll only post the oficial poster :p while it was presented by Blatter

g_blatter_180x250.jpg

Last edited:

Rosi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi; Baresi; Van basten; Maldini; Buffon
fav-milan said:
ha Croatia vs England againnnnnnnnn

Yeah thats what i said haha! The Italians should be ok ... but never relax with 'small' teams ... :)

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Can someone inform me how many tickets will Europe get for WC 2010? What's the rule here? For sure 9 group winners will get an automatic ticket. 6 best second placers will battle the remaining 3?

Thanks in advance :)

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
MilanoMichael said:
Group 6
cro.gif
Croatia
eng.gif
England :rolleyes:
ukr.gif
Ukraine
blr.gif
Belarus
kaz.gif
Kazakhstan
and.gif
Andorra
I could have won some money, I just knew Croatia + England were going to end in the same group again.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
crazy4milan said:
I could have won some money, I just knew Croatia + England were going to end in the same group again.

Lets hope history repeats itself.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Italia have an awesome draw for the WC!

LOL England.

diavolessa88

Beginner
Reaction score
MilanoMichael said:
Draw was held today for the 2010 World Cup Qualifiers, and we Azzurri finally got some respect and received an easy group: :D

Group 8:
Italy :star: :star: :star: :star:
bul.gif
Bulgaria
irl.gif
Ireland Republic
cyp.gif
Cyprus
geo.gif
Georgia
mne.gif
Montenegro

just can`t believe that italy is going to play against my country...it`s going to be one of the most important events in our history :proud:

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
two defeats still not good enough for england.....well bring them on.....can't wait till we play in croatia against them....we expect a big victory.. :D ...our key players are still very young so they gonna improve....i have biggest hopes for rakitic...19 and already a key player in schalke...scored against bayern in allianz.....so england...we are waiting for you.... :devilfuc:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
More news on Don Fabio ... perhaps there's hope for English football after all.

He has a hugely impressive CV and comes with the backing of such football luminaries as Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Gianfranco Zola and Clarence Seedorf.
:proud:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
great result for jordan away to s.korea, we came back to draw 2-2 and are now 2nd in the standings after the end of the 3 games 1 point behind s.korea. inshallah 9 out of 9 we mustnt waste the chance to go to WC like the years before after doing all the dirty work

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
aaaaand as usual we fuck it up in the home game infront of our crowd, and in the normal circumstances, we present the opposition with penalties for fun, every game we give out penalties, fucking idiots when will they ever learn. FUCK

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
Jivara said:
aaaaand as usual we fuck it up in the home game infront of our crowd, and in the normal circumstances, we present the opposition with penalties for fun, every game we give out penalties, fucking idiots when will they ever learn. FUCK

i notice that with iran they seem to play better away than home :conf: , its been made alot more difficult qualifying since australia were introduced

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
well australia lost vs iraq in dubai (iraqs home :D) and they admit they didnt deserve to win in sydney last week so they didnt add that much theyre on the same level as japan, saudi, and s.korea .. and they were demolished by iraq in the asian cup too.

as for iran, theyre known to be very difficult to beat at home, they have one of the largest stadiums in the world i think 100,000 seats, and in the WC qualifications for germany we broke a longstanding record they had by beating them 1-0 in the last 3 minutes i think, and all we needed was a draw or a win in amman and as usual we fucked it up

Schedule