Week 35: AC Milan vs AS Roma: Sunday 06/05/2017 - 20:45 CET

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
at the start of the season I was incredibly positive about the squad. after the muntari/ mexes years it was so refreshing with all the young Italians. now this season can't end soon enough. they are so limp. Half of them have their heads on new contracts.

Looking at the trend of our games this seems to be the real issue indeed.

The day the take-over happened something happened in the mind of our team. The 2-2 against Inter only 1 day after the closing, and then only mediocre-to- bad performances. The team has not his focus on the pitch anymore. One half is thinking about new rich contracts, the other half knows their time as mediocre footballer in a big club is over. The team is falling into it's pieces.

Our squad has never been better than Top 10, maybe Top 8 material, but the team spirit and it's strong will has made up for the lack of talent (just take a look at Inter who have talentwise a team who should be easily competing for Top 3 but somehow with their poor coaches and team mentality of past years they don't get there).

I hope we can finish this season somehow on the 6th. It'd be a huge achievement. Thankfully Fiorentina and Inter are doing everything to keep us there. Once this season is over the management can finall begin to work on the future. This squad however is lost.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Today's defeat is definitely worth bitching about in my vlog

DONT MENTION THE VLOG UNTIL THERE'S A VLOG! :mad:

the game was downer enough

MKD_z0ki

Chosen One
Reaction score
montella out, this guy said in his pre match conference says "these fixtures are easy to prepare for because these teams leave you wider spaces to play with" really? but yet he loses 4-1 to roma, it took 75 minutes to score a opener and he benches our top scorer over flopadula.

SHEVA-7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka' Maldini&Nesta Shevchenko Seedorf
Seriously i really dont know who to blame anymore. Bacca was decent FW when we got him now he cant do anything. Every damn year we've most injuries most reds most whatever bad things, just to us. We were good at mid season, in a couple weeks we f***ed hard then. Not only team we've serious problems from bottom to top. Medical, personal trainers etc. Otherwise u cant explain how to create these situations for years. Or someone put bad spell on us :d

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
montella out, this guy said in his pre match conference says "these fixtures are easy to prepare for because these teams leave you wider spaces to play with" really? but yet he loses 4-1 to roma, it took 75 minutes to score a opener and he benches our top scorer over flopadula.

baccala is leaving get over it

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Will Milan spend some money this summer?? I haven't been really following the closing of the sale all that closely, is it truly done? Obviously we're not a club that can develop talent, so does this mean the new owners are willing to spend and buy some real players? I can't take this garbage anymore.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Will Milan spend some money this summer?? I haven't been really following the closing of the sale all that closely, is it truly done? Obviously we're not a club that can develop talent, so does this mean the new owners are willing to spend and buy some real players? I can't take this garbage anymore.

Yeah sir we have new owners :lol:

Lol

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

What he said is true. Roma was smart enough to figure out that we lack the players to break down thight defenses and played extremely compact, deadly confirming him.

Montella realized this too:

-switching Deu and Suso
-subbed in Bertolacci who has good close control
-Ocampos in to bring Suso central

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Looking at the trend of our games this seems to be the real issue indeed.

The day the take-over happened something happened in the mind of our team. The 2-2 against Inter only 1 day after the closing, and then only mediocre-to- bad performances. The team has not his focus on the pitch anymore. One half is thinking about new rich contracts, the other half knows their time as mediocre footballer in a big club is over. The team is falling into it's pieces.

Our squad has never been better than Top 10, maybe Top 8 material, but the team spirit and it's strong will has made up for the lack of talent (just take a look at Inter who have talentwise a team who should be easily competing for Top 3 but somehow with their poor coaches and team mentality of past years they don't get there).

I hope we can finish this season somehow on the 6th. It'd be a huge achievement. Thankfully Fiorentina and Inter are doing everything to keep us there. Once this season is over the management can finall begin to work on the future. This squad however is lost.

I agree the lack of concentration and the fighting spirit shown by the team up until a month ago is gone.
lets hope we don't fuck everything up until the end of the season and get that 6th place for Europa.
FORZA MILAN!

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Close this thread please

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
This match showcased the difference between a professional football team and one that really has no plan.

From kick off, it seemed as we had no game plan ... more tellingly, no intensity to execute a plan.

We were beaten in all areas of the game and we should humbly learn from our competitors and build a team with clear ideas and targets that will allow us to get back on top.

They talk about 4 seasons ... how many seasons did it take Juve to start dominating Serie A and be competitive in Europe? If they can do it why can't we?

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This match showcased the difference between a professional football team and one that really has no plan.

From kick off, it seemed as we had no game plan ... more tellingly, no intensity to execute a plan.

We were beaten in all areas of the game and we should humbly learn from our competitors and build a team with clear ideas and targets that will allow us to get back on top.

They talk about 4 seasons ... how many seasons did it take Juve to start dominating Serie A and be competitive in Europe? If they can do it why can't we?

Because at the time Juve began to step up we began to step down. Berlusconi just had to pay something like 500M out of his pocket because of a lost court trial and his daughter who controlls Fininvest decided that they no longer want to write resd numbers therefore they won't put any longer cash in Milan.

We had to sell our best players to balance the books, our rivals weren't yet where they are now and Juve just kicked-off a new winning aera with a brand new self-owned stadium to promote their brand.

Now you can't compare that situation 6 years ago to now. Juve won't stop to invest and sell their best players from one day to another like we did, and other clubs are further advanced in their plans to develope than we are. It's impossible to overcome them all in one single sunmer. Saying that we can with a well elaborated plan that goes over 4 years is way more realistic - and shows that the new management has no intention of selling us the soonest possible like Thohir did!

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
I was also talking of a long term plan ... that eventually will reflect on the pitch.

Same with Bayern, same with what Spurs are trying to do now.

This summer we should be able to see how intelligent we really are in the market ... we need to set clear targets for year 1 and achieve them.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I was also talking of a long term plan ... that eventually will reflect on the pitch.

Same with Bayern, same with what Spurs are trying to do now.

This summer we should be able to see how intelligent we really are in the market ... we need to set clear targets for year 1 and achieve them.

The long term plan is to return to the top teams of EUROPE within 4 years, while returning into CL already NEXT YEAR is the clear target for year 1. That's what Fassone is repeatetly saying when asked about our plans. I still don't get where's your point?

BTW 4 years or arguably 5 or 6 years is the time Juve needed to return to the top of Europe since they won their first scudetto after calciopoli.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
My point is we haven't seen anything resembling year one for such a project in the past few seasons... We have enough experience to identify when we can smell a repeat. Let's not be naive...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
By the end of this summer, we should have a good idea of the intentions of Milan's new owners

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Schedule