Week 31: Milan vs Sassuolo - 08/4/2018

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Blame dollar poor reflex. Donnarumma 15/16 or 16/17 wont conceded that goal

I won't just fault Donnarumma for that. I agree that he's been worse this season but our defense didn't look good in that situation either. Losing our best player in Romagnoli hurts but no excuse to concede vs shit teams that are parking the bus.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
roma lazio didnt park the bus, we have no clue about how to play against team which do that, our wingers have 0 pace, thats mean our attack are very predictable because we cant overlap or dribble past their man, the only thing we could do is crossing, and the quality is also bad

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
bad game management by gattuso, unsure why we needed to experiment with a formaton in a critical match like this.
4-4-2 would have been the best option with subbing bona for loca, and never ever taking cutrone out for kalinic..
besides that bona is utter shit per usual, suso is a one trick pony and the rest are useless. only highlight is hakan who once again rises above the mediocrity around him.

we never and have never capitalized on our opponents bad weeks, sad

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Donnarumma is extremely overrated, he has potential yes but he’s leaky as fuck. He’s not a goalkeeper that wins you matches and he certainly isn’t peak Buffon for sure

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Who's fault is it then?
Rino' s record of his teams being able to score was always poor.....A good coach should come up with something to beat these ultra defensive small teams.....

Interesting

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I can see why people hate watching Serie A u just point to games like this. Sassuolo especially at the end were half volleying the ball into the corner spot at 1-1. Absolutely infuriating

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We didn't create chances? Huh?

So Consigli saved nothing?

Consigli didn't make a miracle save on Bona at the end? RR didn't cross it perfectly for Kalinic to head over from 5 yards?

We didn't finish. We created. We worked hard. But we conceded a stupid goal and didn't score like we should.

Scoring has been a problem here for years and today it showed.

Can't fault Gattuso or the players, they worked their ass off. We deserved the victory.

A point is better than nothing, can't change that. I'm sure people will have a melt-down, but all we can do is move on. Napoli is going to be tough, especially if Romagnoli is out and Bonucci being out hurts as well.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
also, pointing our goal at donna's fault is comical, the angle& strength of the shot isnt an easy save for the de gea's of the world even.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
You out of all people should know what it means to have a true quality striker. Cutrone is a prodigy and Silva has potential, but neither are there yet in terms of being dependable true class strikers. It's hard... and our wings are so slow :fp:

All in all we still had enough chances, our finishing is abysmal tough.
Most of the chances weren't going to the strikers in the second half. Our build up play was too slow and led to the forwards being surrounded by blue shirts. Gattuso's fault

This one is not on him. This is on our horribly slow and predictable attacking play

Exactly....Donna was playing quite well and making great saves when called upon. This was simply a good strike.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Frustrating watch again but we fell short this season we don’t have the quality. It’s not this game that’s killed is it’s some of the Montella shit we witnessed. If we were more courageous earlier then just maybe we would’ve had a fighting chance but quite honestly our squad is probably in the right league position apart from possibly inter above us the table doesn’t normally lie

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our biggest problem is we have no pace whatsoever and are unbelievably predictable

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
3 Sassuolo players with cramps

they give 101% against us, those fuckers

Haha I know we seem to say that about everyone. At some point tho it’s got to be on our players. Last 4 weeks tho we have lost momentum but hats off to Gattuso for his amazing run but Montella did the damage

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We didn't create chances? Huh?

So Consigli saved nothing?

Consigli didn't make a miracle save on Bona at the end? RR didn't cross it perfectly for Kalinic to head over from 5 yards?

We didn't finish. We created. We worked hard. But we conceded a stupid goal and didn't score like we should.

Scoring has been a problem here for years and today it showed.

Can't fault Gattuso or the players, they worked their ass off. We deserved the victory.

A point is better than nothing, can't change that. I'm sure people will have a melt-down, but all we can do is move on. Napoli is going to be tough, especially if Romagnoli is out and Bonucci being out hurts as well.

I just think Kessie must score, his chance is indefensible and this shit is costing us

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Frustrating watch again but we fell short this season we don’t have the quality. It’s not this game that’s killed is it’s some of the Montella shit we witnessed. If we were more courageous earlier then just maybe we would’ve had a fighting chance but quite honestly our squad is probably in the right league position apart from possibly inter above us the table doesn’t normally lie

Sonethings wrong, if we spent 200M and we dont have the quality for a top 4 finish in serie a

ACMILANMKD

Con il Diavolo in Corpo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Oliver Bierhoff, Weah, Sheva, Van Basten
The goal was Kalinic's little masterpiece.
Unlike that header which he played like carpenter.

Why the hell Bonaventura is in the starting 11.
He is playing in the last 4-5 games utter shit. Completely out of form, completely.

Rino is stubborn like a mule.
I mean, and amateur of a coach will see that Suso is double teamed and sometimes three defenders are around him.
That is constantly happening and our 2021 contract extension coach is not changing anything.
You can not rely 90 minutes that Hakan and Suso will dribble 2 or 3 player.
Is not happening......
And the hell, why he is not moving Kessie some 4-5 meters further away from Suso?
That will draw another defender ,and someone from the other players must move between lines.
That is basic of all ball sports of this kind.....

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan in 11/12 scored 74 goals. In 12/13, 67 goals. In 13/14 57. In 14/15 56 goals. In 15/16 49 goals. In 16/17 57 goals. In 17/18 we've scored 43 so far.

Scoring has been a huge problem for us, for years.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I find it provoking that people analyze this match individually.

In my mind we have yet again failed to make a dent when it counts. Fifth fucking season in a row with mediocrity. It's eating my mind.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I just think Kessie must score, his chance is indefensible and this shit is costing us

Kessie no doubt should've scored. Bona should've. Kalinic should've. It was a crazy game. We really messed up.

ACMILANMKD

Con il Diavolo in Corpo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Oliver Bierhoff, Weah, Sheva, Van Basten
Milan in 11/12 scored 74 goals. In 12/13, 67 goals. In 13/14 57. In 14/15 56 goals. In 15/16 49 goals. In 16/17 57 goals. In 17/18 we've scored 43 so far.

Scoring has been a huge problem for us, for years.

Bad selection of players!

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sonethings wrong, if we spent 200M and we dont have the quality for a top 4 finish in serie a

That money bought a full new team realistically that money now gets you 1 to 2 top top players now. The other teams in front of us I’d imagine probably didn’t spend far off that cumulatively assembling their teams

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gattuso on the game:

“I don’t think it was an issue of one or two strikers, because we created a great deal in the first half and overall had over 20 shots on goal. What we lacked was vehemence and determination,” the Coach told Mediaset Premium.

“At the end of the day, we were even lucky to get a point, as we had gone behind. You can give all sorts of reasons for fatigue, but the fact remains we were sluggish in the final third.

“We tried a 3-3-4 formation, as there’s this dream of the Champions League and we have to gamble to the end. It might not be very organised, which is something I don’t like, but in the circumstances we had to try.

“We had over 20 shots on goal, sometimes the ball goes in and sometimes it doesn’t. We had chances, we had lots of 50-50 issues, but it can happen after four or five months that someone’s legs feel heavy.

“The important thing is not to seek alibis, because we’ll go nowhere with them.”

“Patrick Cutrone has specific characteristics, he has to run into space, stretch the opposition out and hold up the ball. We developed moves today, as we have done in other games recently, but don’t manage to really hurt our opponents.”

“I think we missed a big opportunity here to stay within reach of Champions League qualification.”

“I went with this system to create width with Suso, but we did it in a very chaotic way and it was rather improvised. That’s my fault, as we didn’t practice it enough in training, but we had to gamble.

“We have other defenders, we have Zapata and Musacchio, so we’ll play with whoever we have at our disposal. I won’t stand here and seek controversy.”

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
It's unbelievable how few goals Silva and Kalinic have between them in the league. 68 million euros.

I like Silva and want him to have a successful career at the club, but fuck me how our strikers have flopped.

whiterabbit

Galliani sucks big time
Reaction score
Pep spent 200 mils on fullbacks...200 mil ain’t what ut used to be...fullbacks that don’t even play:)))

Last edited:

Schedule