2008 Olympic football thread

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
did i name this properly? :D

so far Mexico, Haiti, Cuba and Panama are out from the CONCACAF with USA, Canada, Honduras and Guatemala qualified

it was a painful game, Mexico needed to win by 6 goals since Canada won 5-0 and they HAD it... game ended 5-1 with so many missed shots.

at least we'll get Hugo kicked after this, better to suffer in the Olympic than the 2010 world cup :rolleyes:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
havent italy qualified aswel? i thought that if you made the final of the U21s tournement you went into the olyimpics?

lia

yada yada
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mané Garrincha, Kaká, Nesta, Ronaldo
manutd fan said:
havent italy qualified aswel? i thought that if you made the final of the U21s tournement you went into the olyimpics?

I think he's only talking about the teams from CONCACAF (Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football)

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ezekiel2517 said:
it was a painful game, Mexico needed to win by 6 goals since Canada won 5-0 and they HAD it... game ended 5-1 with so many missed shots.
Mexico won the second leg 5-1? Holy Christ...

Lilly

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Pirlo, Nesta, Rino, Pippo, Fabregas, Van Persie, Buffon, Ambrosini
OMG Canada qualified??!!!!! Ahahahahahaha!!!!!

Awww......I'm disappointed Mexico's out. How come they managed to perform so poorly with all the talents they've produced? >.<

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
Lilly said:
OMG Canada qualified??!!!!! Ahahahahahaha!!!!!

Awww......I'm disappointed Mexico's out. How come they managed to perform so poorly with all the talents they've produced? >.<
missed chances :cry:

lia said:
I think he's only talking about the teams from CONCACAF (Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football)

well i am only talking about the CONCACAF because it's the only games that i see in the news :D

but this thread is all about olympic football... if anybody wants to add about other regions qualification rounds.

lia

yada yada
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mané Garrincha, Kaká, Nesta, Ronaldo
ezekiel2517 said:
well i am only talking about the CONCACAF because it's the only games that i see in the news :D

but this thread is all about olympic football... if anybody wants to add about other regions qualification rounds.

Yeah, I was just clearing out his confusion. ;)

Schedule