Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

OneUnited

Reaction score
You can argue that the first round was a draw,but the last 2 where clearly Chael.

Since that is effectively vindicating a 30-27:

@DanaWhite said:
30-27 is soooooooo bad it's insane. That judge should never be allowed to watch a fight again!!!!!

Joe Rogan thought Bisping definitely took the first two.

After a performance like that, Silva would have been laughing about the prospect of fighting him. It really wasn't good, but it's one of those nobody wants to criticise for fear of detracting from a potential bout in the summer.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Fucking sonnen, this fight was gifted to him.

It irritates me that they think takedowns are more worth than punches. Sonnen won this bout with his takedowns.

I found new respect for Bisping after this fight. Like Joe Rogan said, he's one of the most underrated fighters out there. He certainly didn't deserve to lose.

And I agree with you, Oneunited, terrible event. I hope all Fox events end up like this so that they stop showing the fights on that channel. Doesn't feel like UFC.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Fuck. Yes.

"It's gonna be a dog fight" - Condit. Make it happen.

I'm hoping for Condit, but I think Diaz will win this.

Although, I'm not such a hater of Diaz anymore. I kind of understand him more after watching the "UFC primetime" - episodes. Kind of like the countdown show, but primetime focuses on the main event only. Two episodes a 20 mins. DL and watch.

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Diaz vs. Condit tomorrow!!!! :eek:

Countdown show

They're usually good, haven't seen it yet.

Downloading that right now,thanks!

Its gonna be a awesome match up,shame i dont get it live on tv,gonna have to wait till Sunday till its up on trackers.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Downloading that right now,thanks!

Its gonna be a awesome match up,shame i dont get it live on tv,gonna have to wait till Sunday till its up on trackers.

You might as well watch these prime time episodes as well:

Part 1

Part 2

I love to DL and watch the events on sunday mornings. It's kind of a routine of mine. I don't even get out of best most of the times, and when I smoked weed it was even better. :D

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
You might as well watch these prime time episodes as well:

Part 1

Part 2

I love to DL and watch the events on sunday mornings. It's kind of a routine of mine. I don't even get out of best most of the times, and when I smoked weed it was even better. :D

Thanks mate.And yeah i know the feeling,i love doing that also.Nothing like after a great night out,bit hang over,seeing guys bash there skull in :lol:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
lol

was watching the weigh in right now. In the interview afterwards I think Condit said something like "Diaz is the stupidest fighter I've ever seen, I've never been as unimpressed as right now".

It happened so fast, don't know if I heard it right or not. Couldn't believe my ears :lol:

I'm waiting for it to come up on youtube so that I can watch it again.

Man, it's gonna be a WAAAAAAR tomorrow.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
My bad, he said the "toughest guy".

Here's the weigh in.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
My bad, he said the "toughest guy".

Here's the weigh in.

I dont get the weights in,why show them?Unless there trying to bring more female audience to the UFC.

They would be awesome if more guys trolled like Pierce with the blonde wig :lol::lol::lol:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I dont get the weights in,why show them?Unless there trying to bring more female audience to the UFC.

They would be awesome if more guys trolled like Pierce with the blonde wig :lol::lol::lol:

It's kind of a tradition. As you can see in the crowd, there's a huge fanbase there. Weigh in's are popular, especially if they're headlined by great fighters.

I don't think any channel shows them, UFC.com sends it live.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Anyone have a stream for the main events tonight?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Koscheck vs Pierce was BORING.

Werdum vs Big Country was a nice change of pace.Shame it didn't end in a k.o,im sure if it would have went another round Country would have been k.o.Country comes off as a nice guy,but i just cant root for him,his just to fat and i feel he has no respect for the sport.(even though im sure he has tons of respect for it)

Diaz vs Condit,now that was a main event as good as any.First round Diaz just trolled the fuck out of Condit :lol:

But very even first round ,il even put it on points to Condit cause he landed more leg kicks.

Second round was Diaz,he made some nice points when Condit was with his back against the cage.Condit needs to land his strikes,his hesitant.His movement is great,but needs to get in there and punch/kick Diaz hard when he as a opening.

Third round ,great stuff from Condit.He is outsmarting Diaz everywhere who might get frustrated and loose this match exactly for that reason.Really curious to see how this ends.

4th Round all Condit.Discipline &Cardio,.Discipline &Cardio on repeat,scoring points over and over again.

5th round,amazing!This guys are true warriors!!!Glad they hugged it out .The natural born killer totally deserved it.Only bad part was like in the Werdum vs Big Country that it didn't end in a k.o.

Hope Diaz was just talking shit because he was upset.Its gonna be a big loss to UFC if he quits.

GSP vs Condit now,cant wait for it!

OneUnited

Reaction score
Diaz-Condit was average. Diaz struggled throughout, whereas Condit impressed by how technically good he looked. Nick had some success, although Carlos had him figured out long before the fight.

Another underwhelming event.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
lol at Diaz. Saying that he'll retire, of course he's bullshitting.

After the fight he was talking like he'd won the fight decisively or something. It was a close fight, could have gone either way.

I'm impressed by Condit, not only for his game plan, but also for sticking to it through the whole fight. Props! He's worth the interim title. Diaz, like he said, chased him around during most of the fight, but he did NOT do more damage.

Also, I'd give the win to Pierce vs. Kos. Also a fight that could have gone either way, but I don't like the bleached blond haired prick. :D

Next up, Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson!

yaay, Frankie's one of my favorite fighters.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
lol at Diaz. Saying that he'll retire, of course he's bullshitting.

After the fight he was talking like he'd won the fight decisively or something. It was a close fight, could have gone either way.

I'm impressed by Condit, not only for his game plan, but also for sticking to it through the whole fight. Props! He's worth the interim title. Diaz, like he said, chased him around during most of the fight, but he did NOT do more damage.

Also, I'd give the win to Pierce vs. Kos. Also a fight that could have gone either way, but I don't like the bleached blond haired prick. :D

Next up, Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson!

yaay, Frankie's one of my favorite fighters.

Not really if you think about it,Diaz did not do any damage to him.But you could see the dmg done on Diaz face after the match,even though its sometimes hard to tell cause his such a ugly mofo.

Im reading the UFC forum,Diaz fans are a bunch of cry babies :lol::lol::lol:

Even though i like Diaz also,well his spirit in fights he looked so one dimensional compared to Condit.He really needs to improve his center game,he bases his game to much on pressing guys against the wall and beating them up.

His always gonna loose against a discipline fighter like Condit who his just gonna avoid having his back against the cage,and constantly beat you up.Shame he didn't get knocked out,maybe he would not have made such stupid comments then,and actually put his head down and say he will work to improve.

OneUnited

Reaction score
Diaz is one of the most well-rounded fighters in the business. He didn't lose due to a lack of ability, he lost because he became complacent and one-dimensional.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
@ az

It WAS a close fight. The judges scorecard said that as well.

If we'd have different type of judges, this fight could have went to Diaz. Condit did well and should have won IMO, 3-2 in rounds.

The first two rounds goes to Diaz because Condit was hesitating and trying to get into his game plan.

---

another aspect on all this is that Diaz may have overlooked Condit since there was such an focus on the "coming" Diaz - GSP fight.

Well done Condit, let's see how he does vs GSP in November. GSP is out due a torn acl and is said to start his full MMA training in june, November is the earliest they think he can fight.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
On another note,do you think Condit should fight again till then?Or should he just wait for the title shot with GSP?

Cause if he fights again and looses for example and still gets a title shot,that would be kinda messed up.

Edit: Found this great gifs:

20.gif

24.gif

I would love a re match between this two.Condit would be more confident from the start and would beat the shit of that cry baby.Diaz is to stupid /stubborn to evolve his game,which is a shame cause he has lots of potential.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
On another note,do you think Condit should fight again till then?Or should he just wait for the title shot with GSP?

Cause if he fights again and looses for example and still gets a title shot,that would be kinda messed up.

It doesn't work like that. Condit is now the interim champion in welterweight.

If he fights again he'll put the interim title on the line, so if he loses, the winner will then fight GSP to unify the belts.

Personally, I think he should fight again. If he really is champ material he should believe in himself against any opponent.

Koschek wants to fight both Diaz and Condit, so who know what will happen. Although, I don't think Kos will get to fight Condit, it's to soon for a re-match between him and GSP. Kos vs. Diaz will be an interesting one, that is, if Diaz comes back out of retirement. :fp:

Condit, if he fights, will probably get someone UFC thinks he can beat but still deserves a title shot.

Diaz is to stupid /stubborn to evolve his game,which is a shame cause he has lots of potential.

Diaz is one of the most complete fighters in the UFC.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diaz is one of the most complete fighters in the UFC.

How exactly?His whole game plan is to either put guys against the cage and batter the shit out of them,or drag them down and batter them then.His really awesome at doing both does things,i mean the damage he does with his boxing is amazing.

Also his good but not great at the ground work,we saw that against Condit.He needs to learn to fight in the center,otherwise mobile like Condit will always beat him up.To be fair its not really about mobile though only,you need to have a good skill set of skills to beat him and be smart about it.

Few guys can do that.I mean the other one that comes close is Cruz but he fights in a lighter division.

I would love to see Condit vs Koschek sometime in the summer.Would be great match up :star:

OneUnited

Reaction score
Also his good but not great at the ground work,we saw that against Condit.

Anybody who has seen Diaz' previous fights wouldn't say he is merely good. Diaz is a BJJ black belt, he was taught by a member of the Gracie family, and he has submitted eight guys. It would be a lot more if his boxing wasn't so good.

A fighter cannot be judged one minute of action. He was attempting a rear naked choke. Condit's been training for years on his defence against that submission. Why didn't Condit attempt a single takedown in the fight? Because, given more opportunities, Diaz would pick holes in his defence all night long.

Getting Condit down was the problem, and this is where my comment, "he lost because he became complacent and one-dimensional" is relevant. He's become a little too reliant on his standup game. He realised far too late in the fight that he needed to attempt more takedowns to get Condit to the ground. Defeat was inevitable when coming up against the one guy who could fight competently on the outside.

Diaz is one of the most well-rounded fighters. Him not exhibiting his skills doesn't mean he isn't.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Diaz is one of the most well-rounded fighters. Him not exhibiting his skills doesn't mean he isn't.

Exactly.

Both Diaz brothers are fantastic on the ground. The thing is just that they like to stand up and bang and that was the problem for Nick in the last fight.

I also think that Nick was mad because Condit took him "out of his game", he was to stubborn to try anything different and wanted to prove that he could get to Condit by doing what he usually does. Or maybe he just thought he was winning the fight because of the octagon control that he had.

Condit didn't crush Diaz, it was a close fight. Blaming Diaz for doing this or not doing that also takes a lot away from Condit, he has to be praised for being such an elite fighter.

OneUnited

Reaction score
Rematch confirmed.

Unless he can effectively stop Condit circling, Diaz will need to work on taking him down.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rematch confirmed.

Unless he can effectively stop Condit circling, Diaz will need to work on taking him down.

Diaz manager said its a no go.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Diaz is not one dimensional but by no means is he a complete fighter. When have you guys seen Diaz play the top game? Remember hsi first fight vs. KJ Noons?

Also, he does not do well against disciplined wrestlers who can smother his guard (Diego Sanchez, Sean Sherk) hence I would pick him losing against Koscheck if that fight happens.

OneUnited

Reaction score
Diaz is not one dimensional but by no means is he a complete fighter. When have you guys seen Diaz play the top game? Remember hsi first fight vs. KJ Noons?

Nobody's saying he is one dimensional. I said that he became that way of late, which isn't to say he doesn't possess other skills.

There's no such thing as a "complete fighter".

Schedule