The best player(s) in this World Cup

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Right? They're betting like pussies.

Anyone wanna have a real male betting against me? The loser pay a real gay avatar and signature. I can't have it yet but then a moderator might change if they agree.
Bet on what exactly? I'm up for it.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Bet on what exactly? I'm up for it.

dont do it mike, a gay avatar and signature with that name :eek: you have to pull something miraculous this time, but i know you will do that :D

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just give to the best player in the champion team:

Holland - Sneijder
Uruguay - Forlán
Germany - Müller
Spain - Villa
Paraguay - ???

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Pirlo

solidified his status as best midfielder by italy's disgusting pirlo-les performance

Fiero

Reaction score
My team of the tournament: (23 players)

Casillas

Maicon - Ricardo Carvalho - Juan - Fabio Coentrao

Xavi - Schweinstiger

Mueller - Sneijder - Iniesta/Villa

Forlan​

Subs:

- Vincent Enyeama
- Sergio Ramos
- Diego Lugano
- Carlos Salcido
- Mesut Özil
- Tiago Mendes
- Alexis Sanchez
- Keisuke Honda
- Luis Suarez
- Luis Fabiano
- Landon Donovan

Coach: Vicente Del Bosque

Last edited:

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
Casillas

Fucile - Ricardo Carvalho - Diego Lugano - Fabio Coentrao

Perez - Schweinstiger

Mueller - Oezil - Sneijder

Forlan​

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
-------------Kingson----------------
--Maicon--Lugano--Friedrich--Lahm---
--------------Perez--------------
---------Sneijder--Bastian------------
---Muller------Forlán------Kuyt---------

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
Egidio Arevalo Rios
Uruguay+v+France+Group+2010+FIFA+World+Cup+gZFd6UhjYntm.jpg

wasn't sure of the complete spelling so opted for just Rios......I think he was the best Dm in the Tournie.....Perez would have been if he had better passing...again is it only me

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Am i the only one who thinks Rios from Uraguay played extremely well and won a sh!tload of ball throughout the tournie?

Not at all. Gosh Uruguay had a lot of quality in the WC...Godin, Lugano, Fucile, Perez, Arevalo Rios, Forlan, Suarez.

I saw the best player of this WC live for only $5, but he did shit in that game :D.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure I've missed a few, but these are the players that spring to mind as ones I've enjoyed watching.

Diego Forlan - made the biggest individual contribution of any player in the tournament.

Diego Pérez - powerhouse.

Diego Godín - easily in the top 3 players named Diego. Impressed me more than Lugano, which surprised me.

Mark van Bommel - complete prick, but such an effective prick. Held Holland together.

Joris Mathijsen - average player, huge tournament and final. There were better centre-backs, but Mathijsen deserves a mention for totally exceeding my expectations despite a ropey Dutch defence and his own limited ability.

Andrés Iniesta - injected some much-needed dynamism into an otherwise static Spanish midfield.

David Villa - kept things interesting when Spain were threatening to pass me to sleep. Loses marks for having the facial hair of an early '00s rap-metal singer.

Bastian Schweinsteiger - carries on a proud tradition of gloriously arrogant bastards at the heart of Germany's midfield. Matthäus, Effenberg and Ballack would approve.

Thomas Müller - I've been critical of some of his performances for Bayern, but he looks a completely different player when used out wide. Never stops moving, on or off the ball, and his haircut reminds me of the German sides of the '90s.

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Gk
iker -> decisive saves penalty against paraguay, robbens chances and few good saves if you are winning 1-0 you should have a good keeper and that guy has done good
neuer - good but his distribution has been wc,
stekelenburg - great name

Fullbacks -

Lahm his runs last ditch saves has been great and his cross to klose have been :star: and i always loved him

as left back i cant pick many or i didnt notice much except the dutch lb

centerbacks -> pique/mertesacker people think they are slow but they are mobile and cover the ground easily and pique have decent sliding tackles but they are massive in air and pique is a tough man, bloody few times, been rock and these guys add some extra edge to their partners arsenal

lugano - they defended perfectly when they needed and he did a decent job
midfield
swenzi - now he is good and he can do anything

xavi - was not at his best but he and iniesta make things tick and he dictates pace, with xabi behind him its been a double layer of distribution if pirlo ever need to excel again he can go to barcelona and play behind that midfeild, only place he can be protected(cause there he wont be the main target) and he can be part of that double distributor system.

iniesta - man is like a rabbit ,goes through places with his elegent runs and have a great view of the game, absolutely perfect midfielder but he dives a lot

strike force
muller -> he is good he is awesome counter finishing understanding with ozil is perfect and he has some balls

forlan - man of the moment grab the bull by the balls and mastered jublani cometh the hour cometh forlaaaaaaaaaaaaan

villa -> his movement is off the chart reminds me of old pippo and he can dribble and scored some great goals

coach - del bosque - he dont give a fuck :D he is great never celebrate after the goal and he benched toress for pedro and benched pedro when he was fucking up

great great coach always loved since madrid days :p

ozil khadera bommel needs some praise so does sjnieder even though everything was unintentional :)

team gave the wc a freshness - Germay :star:

best team energetically - Ghana they were good

team who adjusted really well - spain and uruguay

best match or match worth remembering ghana vs Uruguay

Last edited:

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like i was the only one ...Arevalo Rios is ranked 7th out of all the midfielders at the world cup and 27th overall... :eek:

edit: then again RVP and Klose are ahead of the 8th placed Forlan :rolleyes:

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
World Cup 2010: FIFA All-Star Team Announced
The fans have spoken...

The FIFA World Cup 2010 All-Star team has been anounced. Online voting from FIFA.com Club members decided their ideal starting XI in a 4-4-2 formation, as well as their favorite coach.

The team consists of six players from champions Spain, as well as coach Vicente del Bosque. Rounding off the starting XI are two representatives of Germany, and one from Brazil, Uruguay and the Netherlands.

---------------------------------Iker Casillas

-----------Maicon - Sergio Ramos - Carles Puyol - Philipp Lahm

Wesley Sneijder - Xavi - Bastian Schweinsteiger - Andres Iniesta

-----------------------Diego Forlan - David Villa

The fans' choice included three right fullbacks (Maicon, Sergio Ramos, Philipp Lahm), as well as two central attacking midfielders (Wesley Sneijder, Xavi). Golden boot winner Thomas Mueller failed to make the starting lineup.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
forlan was great all tournament long. i had never seen him play before...'twas an absolute delight

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Best person of the tournament has to be Ayew. Can't find a compilation for the world cup, so this should do:

Also, Gyan also gets a special mention for this:

Congo ... is that swagging?

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
I just found out that Lugano was considered the best captain of the World Cup.
:star:

Schedule