2010 African Cup of Nations

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Will there be an Algeria - Egypt rematch?! :eek:

Yeah. Looks like it. 1-3 to Egypt and Cameroon down to 10 men. Horrific defending by Cameroon, and one of Egypt's goals didn't cross the line.

Interesting to note that two teams from Zambia's WC qualifying group are in the semis. Lets make it 3!

COME ON CHIPOLOPOLO!!!!!

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
Yeah. Looks like it. 1-3 to Egypt and Cameroon down to 10 men. Horrific defending by Cameroon, and one of Egypt's goals didn't cross the line.

Interesting to note that two teams from Zambia's WC qualifying group are in the semis. Lets make it 3!

COME ON CHIPOLOPOLO!!!!!

egypt had a goal allowed that didnt cross the line.egypt vs algeria that going to be a huge game especially after the worldcup qualifier!

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Tournament's been poor. Cameroon poor, as have Ivory Coast. Egypt have made it to the semis without key players like Aboutrika and Zaki. Speaks tons on the quality in comparison to 2008. Meanwhile, WTF is Muntari doing in Milan? Does he not wish to play in a Semi Final for his country? Shocking ... I have to look up on this.

Anyway, Algeria may have enough in the tank going into this one. They definitely have a psychological edge, so I'd put them as favorites.

Zambia v Nigeria kicking off in a bit. Time to open the beers.

Come on boys!

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tournament's been poor. Cameroon poor, as have Ivory Coast. Egypt have made it to the semis without key players like Aboutrika and Zaki. Speaks tons on the quality in comparison to 2008. Meanwhile, WTF is Muntari doing in Milan? Does he not wish to play in a Semi Final for his country? Shocking ... I have to look up on this.

Anyway, Algeria may have enough in the tank going into this one. They definitely have a psychological edge, so I'd put them as favorites.

Zambia v Nigeria kicking off in a bit. Time to open the beers.

Come on boys!

i think he had a bust up with the coach.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I remember reading Muntari was not called up b/c he had a falling out with the coach.

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
nigeria just won on penalties, so they will face ghana.zambia put up a good fight.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Heartbreaking. Nigeria are our bogey side. We dominated the second half. Definitely deserved to win. LB Mbola really lived up to the hype this time around. Dominated Odemwinge the whole match. They say he is only 16. You be the judge ... I'm fairly confident with the Zambian registration system. Mulenga up front has been our best player this tournament. Definitely a lot of things to build on. With the right management, we can go places.

Most of all, they made me proud. Its been a while since I've been proud of my National Football team. Well done.

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Heartbreaking. Nigeria are our bogey side. We dominated the second half. Definitely deserved to win. LB Mbola really lived up to the hype this time around. Dominated Odemwinge the whole match. They say he is only 16. You be the judge ... I'm fairly confident with the Zambian registration system. Mulenga up front has been our best player this tournament. Definitely a lot of things to build on. With the right management, we can go places.

Most of all, they made me proud. Its been a while since I've been proud of my National Football team. Well done.

Indeed. He was very confident defending and also the commentator on my local TV said that he's only 16 :eek:
Did some research about his name and found that he's playing in Armenian league.. it's an easy chance to get him. He may become a great in the future.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Mbola at Milan ... what a dream :proud:

I believe he's also played in the Champions League (Preliminaries), so yeah ... he's a hot prospect. Just hope he doesn't lose focus, as the last Zambian player to be hyped at such a young age was Collins Mbesuma ... who Portsmouth signed. He's now back in RSA premier league, overwieght and hasn't played for Zambia in ages. Party animal, apparently.

I'll be honest ... I hope there were a lot scouts from European clubs at the tournament. Players from Zambia who I think deserve a chance in Europe are Mbola, Mulenga (plays in Holland), Kalaba (Portugal), Felix Katongo and CBs. Our keeper (Mweene) ... he's given me enough heart attacks already :head:

Back on the tournament, I'm routing for an Egypt - Ghana final ... which ultimately means Nigeria and Algeria will go through.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
I'll be honest ... I hope there were a lot scouts from European clubs at the tournament. Players from Zambia who I think deserve a chance in Europe are Mbola, Mulenga (plays in Holland), Kalaba (Portugal), Felix Katongo and CBs. Our keeper (Mweene) ... he's given me enough heart attacks already :head:

Where in Europe? Where should Mulenga go to then?:rolleyes:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Bigger clubs than they are in right now. Such a pity I didn't get the massage across first time around.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bigger clubs than they are in right now. Such a pity I didn't get the massage across first time around.

Of course you meant that, but I was really wondering what kind of club you had in mind for Mulenga. A better club can be anything...

Mulenga really is at the right place. Mulenga (ball control) + Vandenbergh or Van Wolfswinkel (finishers) is decent for FC Utrecht, but I don't expect Mulenga to succeed at a better club. Now Dost from Heracles Almelo is younger and better, now he I would welcome at Ajax. :)

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
i didn't see the match but is mbola that much of a prsopect. and dominating odemwingie is no easy task and doing it when you're only 16 :eek: although if he is so great then i guess there will be complaints over his age etc. as does happen with every african

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Pity mad, I was seeing the result yesterday and when they put the pk result and I was like "noooo chipolopolo" (I learned the word it just sounded to awesome). But hey, you went down on pks and with a 16 year old looking awesome, not bad a lot.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
He's from Kabwe, which is a reasonably sized city ... so that birth date might be legitimate. I'm not 100% sure yet, but as soon as I find out, I'll let you know. I think his contract with his Armenian Club is coming to an end soon. Interesting to see where he moves to.

Crazy, Congo, Milano ... anyone comfortable about their sexuality ... don't you think Leo's under threat from this guy in the best looking coach department?

Pedro: I haven't followed Jacob at Utrecht ... but he certainly hasn't been playing as much as he did in France. At least from what I know. Is he a starter? He's tall, strong, reasonably skillful and quick. I'm sure some bigger clubs would have taken note ... some perhaps even outside Holland. At least I hope.

Kalaba, Mulenga, Mbola and Felix Katongo ... pretty decent this tournament.

Last edited:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Crazy, Congo, Milano ... anyone comfortable about their sexuality ... don't you think Leo's under threat from this guy in the best looking coach department?
his face looks too weathered. Leo's face is soft and you can just picture yourself caressing it in your hand. :star:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Yeah ... Leo looks more tender :eek: I'll give him that.

Maybe we should create a thread and have coaches as candidates. Poll maybe?

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I haven't followed Jacob at Utrecht ... but he certainly hasn't been playing as much as he did in France. He's tall, strong, reasonably skillful and quick. I'm sure some bigger clubs would have taken note ... some perhaps even outside Holland. At least I hope.

His shooting is embarrassing for a forward, though because of his other skills he is a starter considering Vandenbergh and Van Wolfswinkels are finishers/strikers who cannot play together. But really, if he goes to an obvious better club, his weakness will be reason to bench the guy. Unless his shooting develops, he is at the right place now, for now he surely is.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Nop, not only the face part you already talked about, but the hair, Leo will not have much fight in that department till Pirlo becomes a coach.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
His shooting is embarrassing for a forward, though because of his other skills he is a starter considering Vandenbergh and Van Wolfswinkels are finishers/strikers who cannot play together. But really, if he goes to an obvious better club, his weakness will be reason to bench the guy. Unless his shooting develops, he is at the right place now, for now he surely is.
Ok. If you say so. By the way ... do you know Kalusha Bwalya?

Interesting to see if Herve + the current administration hangs around. I still think we can do better with other personnel, specifically in higher administrative positions.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ok. If you say so. By the way ... do you know Kalusha Bwalya?

No, that's before my time kinda... don't have any opinion about him, except he played for an awful club called PSV.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Pity mad, I was seeing the result yesterday and when they put the pk result and I was like "noooo chipolopolo" (I learned the word it just sounded to awesome). But hey, you went down on pks and with a 16 year old looking awesome, not bad a lot.
Hehe ... I just hope you're pronouncing it right :D

Yeah. Like I said, its been a while since I've been proud of my NT.
Nop, not only the face part you already talked about, but the hair, Leo will not have much fight in that department till Pirlo becomes a coach.
Settles it then Leo still holds the coveted tittle.

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
shit match,ghana go to final 1-0, adi didnt play. god why wont u play adi.
algeria vs egypt next this has got to be awesome :devilfir:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Yeah ... another shit performance, but great result for Ghana. With a young team, they've made to the final for the first time since '92. Shows how ordinary Nigeria have been. Can't say I'm heartbroken that they are out :D

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
why do algeria and egypt hate each other so much?

but im dissapointed adi didn't play and because of this i really wanted ghana to go out earlier. but now he will have to stay til the end and come to milan and be reay mid february

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
why do algeria and egypt hate each other so much?

but im dissapointed adi didn't play and because of this i really wanted ghana to go out earlier. but now he will have to stay til the end and come to milan and be reay mid february

algeria beat egypt 1-0 in a playoff match for the word cup. loads of clashes between fans, algeria bus being attacked.

they are losing 1-0 and have a player sent off, algerian keeper went mad and actually touched heads with the ref, he was lucky not to get sent off.

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate
i really wish adiyiah had gotten more than like 20 minutes of play time.... :(

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
8 man algeria lose to egypt 4-0