Filippo Inzaghi Thread

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
Gila#11. said:
I can't point out Pippo scoring since way back in mid - september against Athens, and Gila didn't start scoring till November.
So even when Gila wasn't delivering, Pippo wasn't either..Hence the countless 0-0 draws, and our only goals were coming from midfield.

EXACTLY, when pippo wasn't deliverin' gila wasn't deliverin either so you can't go and say that it's because of pippo that we draw ;) if pippo is scoring and find his form then he should have a place in da first 11 as right now oli isn't deliverin...like penny said, if pippo is scoring then they shoudl let him play instead of giving his place to oli or gila because they are young :D

Gila#11. said:
let's just hope he doesn't start at all in the second half of the season. we get so many 0-0's because of Pippo.
we all know and understand that pippo isn't exactly da most popular player in milan or da most popular striker but stuff like this is unreasonable and really doesn't have a point :D

Last edited:

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
crazymilangirl said:
EXACTLY, when pippo wasn't deliverin' gila wasn't deliverin either so you can't go and say that it's because of pippo that we draw ;) if pippo is scoring and find his form then he should have a place in da first 11 as right now oli isn't deliverin...like penny said, if pippo is scoring then they shoudl let him play instead of giving his place to oli or gila because they are young :D
You had said when Gila wans't delivering Pippo was, now youre saying neither were..make your mind up.
They should play Oli - Gila because theres nobody to compete, Pippo can compete but he's too slow and weak now..and only seems to deliver against teams with apparently water tight defenses.
He should be on the bench and nothing more.. Based on talent alone. he should be on the reserves bench..

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gila#11. said:
You had said when Gila wans't delivering Pippo was, now youre saying neither were..make your mind up.
They should play Oli - Gila because theres nobody to compete, Pippo can compete but he's too slow and weak now..and only seems to deliver against teams with apparently water tight defenses.
He should be on the bench and nothing more.. Based on talent alone. he should be on the reserves bench..

OHH GOD...i said when PIPPO was deliverin' GILA wasn't but when PIPPO wasn't deliverin', GILA WASN'T EITHER so that means that every players is allowed to have a few crap games, or a few weeks with crap form but gila had crap form for da past 5-6 months if not more :o great dat he found his form now but if he looses it now that doesn't mean that pippo should be benched and gila given playintime just because he is young :D

BTW

Gila#11 said:
let's just hope he doesn't start at all in the second half of the season. we get so many 0-0's because of Pippo.

Gila#11 said:
So even when Gila wasn't delivering, Pippo wasn't either..Hence the countless 0-0 draws, and our only goals were coming from midfield.

when gila wasn't deliverin' he got pippo's spot, therefore we got all those draw, at dat time pippo was benched so we don't know if he was out of form or not! if he doesn't score in one match they bench him and say he can't score..but if gila doesn't score in one match, they say he is young and needs playintime so dat he can find his form... :o
gila was paired iwth oli or alone, or we even tried oli alone too....but da point is that pippo is humain and he should be given all da chances they give to these "young" "stars" :D

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Oh fucking great, now Pippo has started scoring again youre going to say he's back on form bla bla bla...Against some team in Malta, even Favali scored.
PIppo had 2 month of not scoring it wasn't just one match without a goal..Bias opinion much?We should just sign Solskjaer, his strike rate is formiddable, and he's only 33. Same as Pippo

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gila#11. said:
Bullshit, you did say that
i keep sayin that i said: "when gila wasn't performin earlier PIPPO was.. :D i'll keep sayin that because it's da truth..how many times he saved us while gila was watching? ..nobody can say that gila is better than pippo...he is younger, stronger, get more playintime but he is NOT better than pippo.

no pippo isn't great or on form...dat malta team doesn't count for me..u don't care about others but it was prolly like playing with blind 10 yearolds..no offemce :tongue:

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SuperPippo "won't accept bench" Wednesday 10 January, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pippo Inzaghi has warned Milan he may request a transfer if he feels he is no longer a first team player.

“I think I’ll end my career at Milan, as I have always stated was my intention,” said the striker as he flew back from their winter training camp in Malta.

“However, I’ve been an important figure in all my clubs and am accustomed to that type of role.

“If I remain a key member of the Rossoneri, then I’ll stay here, otherwise we will have to see.”

The comments come after Coach Carlo Ancelotti’s hints that he’ll return to the Christmas Tree formation, which would see Alberto Gilardino as the ideal centre-forward backed by two creative midfielders.

With Ricardo Oliveira also pushing for a place, that would push SuperPippo down the rankings at San Siro.

The 33-year-old has been with Milan since 2001-02, scoring 43 Serie A goals in 112 appearances. This season he has netted three in just seven Champions League games.

Inzaghi, Gilardino and Oliveira have all been called up for Thursday’s Coppa Italia quarter-final against Arezzo, but Kaka, Dida, Massimo Ambrosini and Serginho are absent.

In other transfer news, Chievo have sold striker Simone Tiribocchi to Lecce in a permanent move.

:( . I just hope Ancelotti plays him. Pls don't go Pippo !!! :cry:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
^^^^so much for pippo the "loyal" milan player. and so much for his fans.

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
nahh i don't believe it..i don't think he'll leave, i think he is juts like tyrin' to "scare" ancelotti or just sayin' his opinion that he is tired of sitting on the bench :D he won't leave....nope! if he does, then even if i totally & completely understand why he "wants" to leave, i'll have to edit my siggy :devilcry:

he won't leave ;) well see i guess

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
radioactivenerd said:
^^^^so much for pippo the "loyal" milan player. and so much for his fans.
:o Whether he has overcome his drought remains to be seen, but IF he has + is going to bang them in... logic would suggest he should be given preference over Oliveira or even Gila, unless they are in better form. You should be grateful Pippo has no intention to milk the club + sit out his retirement contract until 2009 or whenever it expires.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Its not a matter if he wanna leave or not.
The question is : who would want him ?

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
LA Galaxy ?

Chelsea ?

Juve ?

The Emirates ?

A couple of goals here will land him a 1-2 year deal anywhere.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Passion for *9* said:
:o Whether he has overcome his drought remains to be seen, but IF he has + is going to bang them in... logic would suggest he should be given preference over Oliveira or even Gila, unless they are in better form. You should be grateful Pippo has no intention to milk the club + sit out his retirement contract until 2009 or whenever it expires.

Yay. Pippo isnt pulling a costacurta on us. What a great player.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wild said:
Its not a matter if he wanna leave or not.
The question is : who would want him ?

Qatar, saudi arabia, mls maybe. noone would realy care about him in mls, but they wouldnt care about anyone except beckham, so that doesnt matter.

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
I have a good feelin that Pippo will be back to being SuperPippo on the 2nd half of the season. Even IF he happens to leave, the only possibility and the only team i want him to go is Roma. Totti will be more than happy to welcome Pippo as he already stated that Inzaghi is the player he wished to have in his team . Still serie A and CL games for Pippo ..................Anyway I guess the president and Baldie like him alot so well , don't worry abt him leaving at the moment !! :D

Penny2

Primavera
Reaction score
thanks Passion. I want Inzaghi, he can come to east London and play for the Orient. Maybe Sheva could come down, since he hasn't anything else to do on a Saturday afternoon and I would stand them both a bacon sandwich and a cup of tea at half time.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
let's hope our management get Lupoli as his replacement... Lupoli has the benefit of bein' free & has shown good goal-scorin' ability... time for the washed-up diver to end his Milan spell...

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I doubt Juve or Chelsea would want him.
Emirates ? Maybe but usually they go 4 more prolific players than Pippo.

Anyway , I agree that its really great he turns out 2 have more pride than some of our players. RESPECT , if he walk the walk.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not unexpectedly Pippo is giving his answers on the pitch, leaving Ancelotti without a choice.

So yea, dream on... haters :D

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
Pippo's back bitches; apparently at this age he needs a rest from time to time in order to score + when Pippo is under so much pressure and has been not scoring or out for a while, he comes back on fire.

FORZA PIPPO!

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
1 goal against a strugglin' Serie B side & he is back? some sure have low standards...

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
He can't expect to start every other game at 33. Its not wrong, but its unfair if he's threatened as has been suggested. Just won't add up after all the nurturing we gave him for 2 long years on the sidelines.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^^^doesnt matter....he came for a huge amt...played a couple of seasons...was injured otherwise...and now is complaining of not starting every game. How can he have hte balls to complain if he hasnt scored this year?
and i really fail to understand why milan fans LOVE him so much. Can someone please explain this to me in a CIVILIZED way, not passion saying "Pippo is banging them in, so be a fan", or other ppl syaing "he is hawt".
As far as i see it, he gets the sort of fandom usually reserved for people that stay with us for a long time. Loyalty is certainly not Pippo's forte. I think thats rather obvious. He rather prone to complaining, and Im not fond of him constantly ruining good opportunities by getting caught offside. And refuses to stay on the bench when there are better options than him. I also refuse to accept ppl saying that he is grateful anything...we paid him for doing nothing for 2 years and now he wnats to leave. Redondo was grateful, not pippo.
I have nothing against the guy - hes done great stuff for us, but i dont see why he is SUCH a legend at milan. His last minute goal against ajax was definitely a fan-winner, but to this extent? Or am i missing something major in his contribution to milan?

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
radioactivenerd said:
^^^doesnt matter....he came for a huge amt...played a couple of seasons...was injured otherwise...and now is complaining of not starting every game. How can he have hte balls to complain if he hasnt scored this year?
and i really fail to understand why milan fans LOVE him so much. Can someone please explain this to me in a CIVILIZED way, not passion saying "Pippo is banging them in, so be a fan", or other ppl syaing "he is hawt".
As far as i see it, he gets the sort of fandom usually reserved for people that stay with us for a long time. Loyalty is certainly not Pippo's forte. I think thats rather obvious. He rather prone to complaining, and Im not fond of him constantly ruining good opportunities by getting caught offside. And refuses to stay on the bench when there are better options than him. I also refuse to accept ppl saying that he is grateful anything...we paid him for doing nothing for 2 years and now he wnats to leave. Redondo was grateful, not pippo.
I have nothing against the guy - hes done great stuff for us, but i dont see why he is SUCH a legend at milan. His last minute goal against ajax was definitely a fan-winner, but to this extent? Or am i missing something major in his contribution to milan?
could be because he wasn't a grandpa yet when he first joined? you know how the members here regard every young player as a right step forward... at the same time not actually considerin' their ability first and foremost...

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
radioactivenerd said:

You are overreacting, he just said he wants more playing time, that doesn't exactly means he has to start every single game. If I was in his position I would do the same, and he has the right to, he isn't an ambitionless player, and in his position I would do the same. Besides, if he doesn't get much playing time, then it must also mean that we are no longer in need for him.

He is loved because the guy knows how to win his fans, simple as that, the guy has a charm (weather is for the good or for the bad, cause you either love him or hate him). Actually I think he once watch a game with the Curva. His goal celebrations may also have some kind of contribution to that...oh yeah, and the goals are also huge in this department (specially considering several moments Pippo has put them in...I have in mind the game vs Celtic 3 seasons ago, the game vs Lyon, vs Bayern). And the way he came back last year, was truely amazing, he gave his everything the field, I never thought he would have been able to do so again, and I have zero problem in saying that from March till early September he was the most effective striker in the world.

His contribution to the CL 03 was huge, not only his goal (s) against Ajax (I see it's too easy to forget his goals vs Lens, Bayern, Dortmund,and La Coruña). True, Pippo isn't a great footballer, but he is a great striker (probably the best in knowing where to be placed in the best moment), and that's enough for me. Probably not a legend, but he deserves the fan praise.

Penny2

Primavera
Reaction score
I think Inzaghi is one of those players that people either love or hate and those of one opinion can't understand the other. I think he is a great player, maybe not technically but he has a spatial awareness that only van Nistelrooy comes close to, and great instincts. He works hard and he has an enviable self-belief. He never panics, never gives up and he'll face up to people twice his size. If the moaning and the dubious falling over is the price, fair enough. He is also one of the few footballers who seem to do irony, which has got to be a good thing.

I can understand why people who prefer players like Zidane and Henry would find Inzaghi a mystery, as Cruyff said, he can't actually play football. Inzaghi is not going to run the midfield for you, you have to accept him as the player he is, a predatory goal poacher.

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
crazy4milan said:
His contribution to the CL 03 was huge, not only his goal (s) against Ajax (I see it's too easy to forget his goals vs Lens, Bayern, Dortmund,and La Coruña). True, Pippo isn't a great footballer, but he is a great striker (probably the best in knowing where to be placed in the best moment), and that's enough for me. Probably not a legend, but he deserves the fan praise.
yeah..exactly..totally agree man :o
i am a pippo fan (big shock) but i never ever expected anyone else to like be like me..or consider him one of our biggest players etc..

but what's really unbelieveable is how some people act! being this disrespectful is amazing(not necessarely in this thread)..especially to someone who has done this much for us...maybe not spent 20 years with the club, or is young and gets all games but he is great and he has done shoo much for us that it is absolutly idiotic to think that AC MILAN would be what is was(last year and the year before that) or what it is without Filippo Inzaghi.. :o

with that being said! i think it was right of pippo to let the management hear what he got to say..and i really don't thin Inzaghi is stupid enough to believe that he should start every game at the age of 33...he just wants some justice around here..ok so we got a new striker :rolleyes: but when he doesn't score and just runs around the pitch and comes with stupid excuses like:"i play better alone" etc,...thats when it's gone too far & someone should bring in Inzaghi to just do the job fast & painless...instead of showing off, or being selfish or being suspended for drugs.. :)
he aint hawt, he is "special" ;) he does his absolut best on the pitch and people who sit on their lazy asses comes and says "i could do a better job" etc...the truth is that he is great and offside or not, he is atleast close to the goal at all times

:devil2: FORZA PIPPO :devil2:

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
crazymilangirl said:
it is absolutly idiotic to think that AC MILAN would be what is was(last year and the year before that) or what it is without Filippo Inzaghi.. :o
I'd say youre the idiot, for saying Pippo even made a contribution the year before last...He playe about 7 games scorin about 1, against Celtic. A goal which was, ultimately pointless as we won 3-1 anyway

Schedule