Which team will finish 2nd after Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
serie a 2011/2012 aka :~: massimiliano allegri victory tour

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Lazio have officially signed Cisse. good move... I think they will take 2nd behind us this season

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Lazio have officially signed Cisse. good move... I think they will take 2nd behind us this season

They still have the 4th/5th best squad in serie A as a whole.

If Jube get Aguero it'll be interesting.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
They still have the 4th/5th best squad in serie A as a whole.

If Jube get Aguero it'll be interesting.

They left that track, Marotta believes he can get two stars for Aguero's price [Rossi and Vucinic]

Rossi will be top class signing but imo they dont need Vucinic, they should just spend big on a CB. They need a top class CB, someone like Zapata would have been perfect but as hes gone they should look at Rolando or try for Silvestre/Kjaer.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
They left that track, Marotta believes he can get two stars for Aguero's price [Rossi and Vucinic]

Rossi will be top class signing but imo they dont need Vucinic, they should just spend big on a CB. They need a top class CB, someone like Zapata would have been perfect but as hes gone they should look at Rolando or try for Silvestre/Kjaer.

are you sure they left aguero?

I still think it's a negotiation ploy but could be true if they can get Rossi.

But I agree they need to revamp backline

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
If Juve get Rossi, that would be the best signing of the window so far, as far as I'm concerned.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
are you sure they left aguero?

I still think it's a negotiation ploy but could be true if they can get Rossi.

But I agree they need to revamp backline

Well, Sky brought out a report saying that Marotta is changing his strategy after they rejected Juve's 32m + Tiago bid [lol wouldnt blame them] Atleti want at least 40m cash.

So Marotta went after Rossi, and wants Vucinic too. They are in for Poli and Polombo too but only if they can sell Sissoko/Melo.

Imo they should fix their back-line first and then concentrate on the attack.

Quatre Barres

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
How much would Vucinic cost? Villarreal were asking 30m from Barça for Rossi. I think they might sell for less to a foreign team though.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
How much would Vucinic cost? Villarreal were asking 30m from Barça for Rossi. I think they might sell for less to a foreign team though.

Roma actually dont want to sell, i think they see him and Lamela as the wingers in the 4.3.3

They are more keen on selling Menez with PSG, Lyon and Marseille interested.

If they were to sell him then it would be between 15 to 20m imo. Juve can use Marchisio or Storari as a counterpart to sweeten the deal. Not sure but even Sissoko or Melo could be sacrificed for a discount.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Roma actually dont want to sell, i think they see him and Lamela as the wingers in the 4.3.3

im not really sure but any combo of vucinic, bojan, lamela, totti can play pretty interchangeably between 4-3-3/4-3-1-2/4-3-2-1 etc.

did they get bojan? Thought that was 'almost certain'

Only player who would put a wrench in that would be borriello. Then again he gives them natural CF for games it's needed which are quite a few in serie A.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Rossi would be a great signing for Juve. they need another quality CB though, Bonucci regressed over the course of the year, they need another player to push him who can start if he falters

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
So sound-bytes from Conte and Pirlo yesterday were heavy hints that Juve will try to play a possession-based passing game with no pure DMs. Even though everyone expects Conte to line up with a 4-2-4, it could well be more of a 4-3-3.

Pirlo:"Considering the tactical system we’ll be adopting, it’s right to compare us to Barcelona"

Bronzetti expects Melo to go to Villarreal in the Rossi move, and Vidal seems rather certain to come to Juve.

So we could see an offense of

---------Matri-------------
-Krasic-------------Rossi--

-Vidal----Pirlo---Marchisio--

Now, IF Conte can get these guys to hold on to the ball well and move well, that's an excellent system right there. The big question is of course whether they are capable of defending through possession. Depends quite a bit on Vidal I'd say.

Things could completely change and Aguero or Sanchez could still come in instead of Rossi and it could be someone else for Vidal. But the system should most likely be this. I'm 100% certain that no one would be silly enough to play 4-2-4 with Pirlo.

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
So sound-bytes from Conte and Pirlo yesterday were heavy hints that Juve will try to play a possession-based passing game with no pure DMs. Even though everyone expects Conte to line up with a 4-2-4, it could well be more of a 4-3-3.

Pirlo:"Considering the tactical system we’ll be adopting, it’s right to compare us to Barcelona"

Bronzetti expects Melo to go to Villarreal in the Rossi move, and Vidal seems rather certain to come to Juve.

So we could see an offense of

---------Matri-------------
-Krasic-------------Rossi--

-Vidal----Pirlo---Marchisio--

Now, IF Conte can get these guys to hold on to the ball well and move well, that's an excellent system right there. The big question is of course whether they are capable of defending through possession. Depends quite a bit on Vidal I'd say.

Things could completely change and Aguero or Sanchez could still come in instead of Rossi and it could be someone else for Vidal. But the system should most likely be this. I'm 100% certain that no one would be silly enough to play 4-2-4 with Pirlo.

no dm's? are u fucking kidding me..:eek::eek:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
no dm's? are u fucking kidding me..:eek::eek:

That's what they were hinting at.. Conte apparently mentioned Barca having 7 players who can't defend and Pirlo said they are playing a comparable tactical system to Barca. So no destroyer, no.

Of course, if you see Busquets as a DM, then Vidal would probably play the same role for Juventus.

I'm not sure where all this Barca-aping will lead teams to, but if Juve do go through with it, the midfield mappings as per role would be Vidal = Busquets, Pirlo = Xavi and Marchisio = Iniesta.

Being somewhat contradictory, Pirlo also said what they are doing looks a bit like Leo's Milan.. Vidal will play Ambrosini's role in that case. Still not a destroyer.

MilanMarkus

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
That's what they were hinting at.. Conte apparently mentioned Barca having 7 players who can't defend and Pirlo said they are playing a comparable tactical system to Barca. So no destroyer, no.

Of course, if you see Busquets as a DM, then Vidal would probably play the same role for Juventus.

I'm not sure where all this Barca-aping will lead teams to, but if Juve do go through with it, the midfield mappings as per role would be Vidal = Busquets, Pirlo = Xavi and Marchisio = Iniesta.

Being somewhat contradictory, Pirlo also said what they are doing looks a bit like Leo's Milan.. Vidal will play Ambrosini's role in that case. Still not a destroyer.

I'm really curious how the formation of Juventus will look by the end of august. It is obvious they still need some additional quality players like Aguero, Rossi or Vidal.

Seems like the sell out has started at Udinese. Inler and Zapata already gone and the transfer season just started. I doubt they will be able to do anything in the CL.

Napoli is actually becoming one of the biggest spending teams of Italy in recent years btw...

---------------Lavezzi-----Cavani-----------------
---------------------------------------------------
----------------------Hamsik-----------------------
-----------------------------------------------------
---Dossena------Inler--------Gargano--------Maggio---
-------------------------------------------------------
--------Grava-------Cannavaro------Campagnaro--------
--------------------------------------------------------
--------------------De Sanctis---------------------------

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm really curious how the formation of Juventus will look by the end of august. It is obvious they still need some additional quality players like Aguero, Rossi or Vidal.

Seems like the sell out has started at Udinese. Inler and Zapata already gone and the transfer season just started. I doubt they will be able to do anything in the CL.

Napoli is actually becoming one of the biggest spending teams of Italy in recent years btw...

---------------Lavezzi-----Cavani-----------------
---------------------------------------------------
----------------------Hamsik-----------------------
-----------------------------------------------------
---Dossena------Inler--------Gargano--------Maggio---
-------------------------------------------------------
--------Grava-------Cannavaro------Campagnaro--------
--------------------------------------------------------
--------------------De Sanctis---------------------------

I dont think Campagnaro will feature for some time plus they have Britos, Fernandez and Ruiz to cover for him now. Your right, they are the biggest spenders so far but Juve is just 7m behind them with like 3 signings to go :lol:

Napoli - € 56.4m

Swiss midfielder Gokhan Inler from Udinese for a fee of €15m; Argentinean midfielder Mario Santana on a free transfer from Fiorentina; Uruguayan defender Miguel Angel Britos from Bologna for a fee of €9m; Goalkeeper Roberto Colombo on a free transfer from Triestinaina; Goalkeeper Antonio Rosati from Lecce for a fee of €2.9m; Swiss midfielder Blerim Dzemaili from Parma for a fee of €9m; Midfielder Daniele Mannini from Sampdoria; Midfielder Lorenzo Insigne from Foggia; Midfielder Marco Donadel on a free transfer from Fiorentina; Forward Nicolao Dumitru from Empoli for a fee of €1.5m; Uruguayan forward Edinson Cavani from Palermo for a fee of €16m; Argentinean defender Federico Fernandez from Estudiantes for a fee of €3m.

As for the line up [provided they keep lavezzi and hamsik stay] i think it will be more like this:

Cavani
Lavezzi---Hamsik
Dossena---Inler---Dzemaili---Maggio
Ruiz---Cannavaro---Britos
De Sanctis​

Btw, they have immense depth, Gargano, Mannini, Fernandez, Campagnaro, Mascara, Santana and Donadel.

Edit: Watch out for the emergence of two CBs: Federico Fernandez [22] and Victor Ruiz [22].

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
I dont think Campagnaro will feature for some time plus they have Britos, Fernandez and Ruiz to cover for him now. Your right, they are the biggest spenders so far but Juve is just 7m behind them with like 3 signings to go :lol:

As for the line up [provided they keep lavezzi and hamsik stay] i think it will be more like this:

Cavani
Lavezzi---Hamsik
Dossena---Inler---Dzemaili---Maggio
Ruiz---Cannavaro---Britos
De Sanctis​

Btw, they have immense depth, Gargano, Mannini, Fernandez, Campagnaro, Mascara, Santana and Donadel.

Edit: Watch out for the emergence of two CBs: Federico Fernandez [22] and Victor Ruiz [22].

Arent they looking to replace Dossena at LWB? I thought that was the reason why they were going after Criscito in the first place...

I think Drenthe would be ideal for them for the LWB spot...

And they signed Britos and Dzemaili for 9m each? :eek:

Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Arent they looking to replace Dossena at LWB? I thought that was the reason why they were going after Criscito in the first place...

And they signed Britos and Dzemaili for 9m each? :eek:

Britos 9m flat but Dzemaili went for 9m + Blasi + half of Santacroce :eek:

They need a better DS haha.

As for the LWB, they missed out on Criscito, im not sure what the back up plan is. Maybe play a winger in Mannini on that side? Criscito would have actually been perfect but De Laurentiis is a fool, instead of spending on Dzemaili he should have gone for Udinese Pablo Armero. Could still do so though, if not then Urby would be great too ;)

Edit: Drenthe would be nice, very deadly pace and delivery, him or Armero and i'd be worried.

Last edited:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hate how all the stands in new stadiums look the same. Lots of great architeture on the roofs and exteriors... Yet the same boring stands everywhere. There will be no more unique atmosphere in games. Watching from TV one can hardly differ one stadium from another.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
True, but that's how things are clearly going everywhere else. Which is sad in a way.

Differentiation can come in with creative choreo though.

Fiero

Reaction score
Fiorentina want Calciopoli explanation

Fiorentina have released a long statement demanding “clarity” in the Calciopoli scandal. “Explain why some wiretaps were shelved in 2006.”

The Viola were among the clubs penalised during the original trial in the summer of 2006, but have always maintained their innocence.

After the latest revelations of potentially incriminating Inter calls that were ignored at the time, Fiorentina are “worried at the development of a scandal that rocked Italian football five years ago.

“In the last few weeks that poisoned atmosphere has been recreated and threatens to provoke new tension between fans. We have to stop and reflect, working to recover the values of sporting ethics and healthy competition.

“For that to happen, we need immediate clarity on what happened in 2006 in the light of the new evidence and the supplemental investigation by prosecutor Stefano Palazzi.

“It is necessary to explain why some thousands of wiretapped telephone conversations, which together make a more precise picture of the situation, were shelved by investigators in 2006.

“ACF Fiorentina demand that Colonel Auricchio, who was chiefly responsible for the distortions and missing elements in that investigation, explain immediately why certain decisions were made at that time and who was aware of those decisions.

“Particularly we want to know why certain material was selected, ignoring a consistent part and foregoing more detailed investigation down those avenues.

“It is also crucial to understand if the investigators were kept in the dark about those wiretaps that were arbitrarily considered ‘irrelevant.’ Was the FIGC, Commissioner Guido Rossi and the sporting justice elements nominated by him informed that only part of the evidence was handed to them?

“ACF Fiorentina propose that, once these matters have been explained, the Presidents of all the clubs sit around a table to close this issue once and for all with clarity and reciprocal honesty before the start of the next season.”

The reports emerging from the FIGC suggest Inter will not be stripped of the 2006 Scudetto purely because the events are beyond the statute of limitations.

http://www.football-italia.net/jul13dd.html

Grazie La Viola.

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
Did Criscito end up staying with Genoa, or did he go to that Russian team with Spaletti???

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Did Criscito end up staying with Genoa, or did he go to that Russian team with Spaletti???

He went to Zenit for 15m, good deal for them. Now they are about to get Viviano on loan and hopefully Silvestre via us. They are becoming a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule