Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
I gave you an A+, didn't decline anything. :D

But I do think you're very ignorant on the subject. And instead of trying to learn from someone who knows the sport a lot better than you, you try to argue with incorrect arguments.

The A+ seemd to be put, in a belittling manner.

AMF

Beginner
Reaction score
@MilanMB: What about GSP makes you think he's a boring fighter? I don't intend to argue the issue but I've been curious about that. We seem to disagree about a lot of things in MMA but I still respect your opinion as another fan of the sport.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
@MilanMB: What about GSP makes you think he's a boring fighter? I don't intend to argue the issue but I've been curious about that. We seem to disagree about a lot of things in MMA but I still respect your opinion as another fan of the sport.

He's not a boring fighter, I may have used the wrong word about him.

Until the first Matt Serra fight where he lost his title, he was a very 'fun' fighter to watch. He was taking risks and he used most of his abilities. But nowadays it seems like he just want to build a great legacy (stats wise). Look at the Shields and Koschek fights, he didn't take any risk at all. Never tried to finish the fight.

GSP is one of the most talented fighters ever and I've always liked him, he can entertain much better than this IMO. The up coming Diaz fight will be interesting. Let's see if GSP becomes more offensive not that someone like Diaz, who will be in his face all the time, is fighting him.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Just saw the latest UFC-event. Very good one :thumbsup:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Just saw the latest UFC-event. Very good one :thumbsup:

Just watched UFC 138 also.Good event all around,man Leben got fucked up :eek:

But his main problem was his cardio,you cant be that tired after the first round and expect to win.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Props to UFC.

This fight was on regular TV (Fox). Very cool. Was in a sports bar to watch macquiao-marquez. But this fight was approx 2 hr's before got everyons attention.

Kind of predictable outcome. Too bad Cain lost.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
White Confirms: Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen II happening

“It’s the fight everyone wants to see,” said White on Wednesday’s edition of “The Jim Rome Show.” “People want to see Chael vs. Anderson. Anderson is in this position where he feels this guy is so disrespectful he doesn’t want to give him a shot and everything else, but Anderson will end up fighting Chael Sonnen.”

http://www.cagedinsider.com/ufc/fighters/white-confirms-anderson-silva-vs-chael-sonnen-ii-happening/

This is gonna be awesome:D

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Two questions:

1. Why?His been the closest to give him a real fight.
  2. And who is?

QUALITY wise he should have the fight. No doubt. But Silva beat him a year ago and then he git caught in some drug test after the fight. He's been suspended for a year now. I don't trust him.

But yeah, Silva's gone through everyone else and Sonnen is the best fighter in that division after him. BUT imo Sonnen and Munoz should fight first for nr 1 contender spot.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
In what way was this a predictable outcome?

Dos Santos has massive knock out potential

Right before fight started my friend turned to me and went, Dos Santos will knock him out in first couple minutes or will lose by submission or decision cause Cain will turn it to the ground.

Kind of pissed, bastard knows too much about mma.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Your friend had both potential outcomes totally right, except that it would happen in the first minutes. (although it did). That was a HUGE surprise. I had dos santos as a favourite because if his power, but Cain is the fucking man. He's more complete that dos santos.

Thing is that Cain just got got caught. It happens.

IbraISmyHOMEboy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic, KPB, White Duck, Binho, Filippo Inzaghi
Fox's biggest mistake last weekend was not putting the Benson Henderson-Clay Guida fight on TV... Both guys are pure energy, great cardio, great wrestling from both, and neither EVER give up. And boy did they put on a show. Fight of the Night, IMO.

OneUnited

Reaction score
White Confirms: Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen II happening

http://www.cagedinsider.com/ufc/fighters/white-confirms-anderson-silva-vs-chael-sonnen-ii-happening/

This is gonna be awesome:D

As MB said, Munoz probably deserves a shot at the title as much as Sonnen. Unfortunately for some fighters, fights are arranged based on more than that. There's too much at stake for the UFC to deny Sonnen another shot, however undeserving he is in the eyes of many. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm not overly surprised about the Dos Santos result. Another unfortunate aspect of the sport is that, whatever your status prior to an injury, they can put you back down the rankings. Velasquez will no doubt work his way back up and be better prepared next time.

OneUnited

Reaction score
Don't forget, kids. Hendo and Shogun face off later on today. Bonnar and Kampmann both make returns, and Faber's probably fighting for another shot at Cruz.

OneUnited

Reaction score
Rua vs. Henderson will go down as a classic. After initially not holding much hope for 139, it proved to be quite a good event.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Rua vs. Henderson will go down as a classic. After initially not holding much hope for 139, it proved to be quite a good event.

+2

Just saw the event. Don't know where they gave that 10-8 round to Henderson, it should at least have been a draw, but that would have been unfair against both fighters.

What a fight though. Shogon is clearly the better fighter, but he lacks stamina and conditioning. He seems to be the Ronaldinho of MMA. He's never fit enough. I don't see him as a party guy though, maybe it's because of all his injuries. Did you see his belly? he was fat, and he's not even a heavy weight.

They called Wanderley Silva's fight a "Vintage Wanderley", but come one, he fought a 39 year old out of shape Cung Lee who didn't impress me at all.

OneUnited

Reaction score
+2

Just saw the event. Don't know where they gave that 10-8 round to Henderson, it should at least have been a draw, but that would have been unfair against both fighters.

What a fight though. Shogon is clearly the better fighter, but he lacks stamina and conditioning. He seems to be the Ronaldinho of MMA. He's never fit enough. I don't see him as a party guy though, maybe it's because of all his injuries. Did you see his belly? he was fat, and he's not even a heavy weight.

They called Wanderley Silva's fight a "Vintage Wanderley", but come one, he fought a 39 year old out of shape Cung Lee who didn't impress me at all.

Agreed on all of those.

What about the last round? If there was a 10-8 in there, surely that was it. Hendo was mounted for the majority of the round and hardly returned anything.

As for Shogun's fitness, I did notice he had a belly on him. It always irritates me when they're visibly unfit. He was blowing far too early on for a 5-round fight. What amazed me more was when he connected with a big shot and all of Hendo's energy looked like it drained from him in an instant.

Cung Lee obviously has some good technique and his unfamiliar style will cause problems for a number of fighters. He's come to the UFC too late in his career, his fitness will be an issue for any future bouts. I disagreed with Rogan, I thought it was a good stoppage.

I've become far too spoilt throughout this year. Only two events to go. As unlikely as it seems, let's hope Machida brings it against Jones. Maynard was saying in an interview that Jones doesn't like being hit i.e. shies away a bit when it happens. Machida's obviously unorthodox and will need to use that to his advantage.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
The judges keep making these mistakes over and over again. FFS, Kampmann won with a split decision :fp: that was definitely a 29-28 fight, if not a 30-27, but I can accept if they HAD to give the first round to Story.

But Shogon have to suit himself, he should have come to this fight in a better shape. That last round was definitely a 10-8 and if we give the 3 first rounds to Hendo (without a 10-8 round. Maynard didn't get a 10-8 round against Edgar in none the first rounds he had against him), the fight should have been a draw. I need to see the fight again though.

About Jones vs. Machida. Jones is a big favourite, no doubt. But like I told my friend today, Machida is unlike any other fighter Jones has fought against so far. Will he be able to get a hold of Machida? Machida is my favourite fighter and has been since his debut, so I'm hoping for a win there.

I'm also impressed by the California kid, Bowles is no joke. Faber fights for the crowd and I really like that. But sadly for him, I don't think he stands a chance against Cruz. who's on his own level in that division. It will be the last fight all over again.

OneUnited

Reaction score
Kampmann won a unanimous decision. One of the judges made a mistake. It was announced shortly after the event. Whoever's updating his Wikipedia page (Diego Sanchez Decision (robbery)) is an idiot.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Don't forget, kids. Hendo and Shogun face off later on today. Bonnar and Kampmann both make returns, and Faber's probably fighting for another shot at Cruz.

Not sure anybody has a chance against him right now.Mr random is just to good.

OneUnited

Reaction score
Faber has a small chance of beating him. That's assuming he changes his tactics from the last fight, otherwise Cruz will work towards another UD. Fruitful for Faber in the last fight was how he consistently caught Cruz when he was moving back to the outside. His problem was that he couldn't effectively stop Cruz stepping in with the jab in the first place. Faber had a better time of it when he was the aggressor, although he had a tendency to stand off and let Cruz start working the angles again. To be an effective aggressor against somebody as elusive as Cruz is easier said than done, of course.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Frankie Edgar vs. Henderson in Japan will be very interesting.

But first, Lyoto to do his elusive karate kid shit against Jones. :o

OneUnited

Reaction score
I wouldn't be overly surprised if Machida does win. At the risk of inciting Jones fans, Jackson and Rua were utterly predictable.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Faber has a small chance of beating him. That's assuming he changes his tactics from the last fight, otherwise Cruz will work towards another UD. Fruitful for Faber in the last fight was how he consistently caught Cruz when he was moving back to the outside. His problem was that he couldn't effectively stop Cruz stepping in with the jab in the first place. Faber had a better time of it when he was the aggressor, although he had a tendency to stand off and let Cruz start working the angles again. To be an effective aggressor against somebody as elusive as Cruz is easier said than done, of course.

California Kid will win. Pound for pound best ever :o

He'll take Cruz again

OneUnited

Reaction score
I envisage Cruz being too good. He'll probably ensure the division is cleaned out and then move up to featherweight. Should Aldo still be continuing his reign there, all the better.