Week 22: Spezia - Milan 13/02/2021 20:45 CET

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i really don't know what happened to our game pressing plan, seems like we abandon it to long pass to ibra plan.

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I don't want to be negative but we are about to put ourselves outside top 4 again. Inter and Roma next. If they win their games and we lose against both of them, the 9 points gap we had will be 0 all of a sudden. I am really really worried.

Last 9 games in all competition: 4 win, 4 loses, 1 draw.

We have to start talking about this soon. We are on our way into crisis mode.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No plan b again?we are fighting cl spot again atleast.

What?s this about no plan B? We have a plan B, to lump it long to Ibra. It didn?t work, same as it didn?t work at Atalanta. Hard to explain. If a team presses this hard there should be space between midfield and defense. You?d expect a few second balls to drop in that zone and for us to exploit it. We just lost almost every challenge.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I'm pissed because of the way we played but why are so many acting like we just dropped 10 pts and will only scrape 4th???

The title is still there to be won even if we lose the derby

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Milan's plan remains to play long passes directly to Ibra/Mandzu

Did you see the 1st goal? It started from their box... nice slick passing.

Us? Lets hoof the ball.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
This was fucking embarrassing.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
People in here saying things will be alright if Inter lose tomorrow. That?s not the case. If Lazio and Roma win tomorrow it opens up the top 4 again. This was a brutal loss.
This is true, top 3 ucl should be inter juve milan, dont care anymore for scudetto if we continue to play like these again. This insane, but imo best scenario for us is inter win tomorrow.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
This is true, top 3 ucl should be inter juve milan, dont care anymore for scudetto if we continue to play like these again. This insane, but imo best scenario for us is inter win tomorrow.

Ive heard this pussy talk before

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^^Right!

We shud still believe in the title!

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
What?s this about no plan B? We have a plan B, to lump it long to Ibra. It didn?t work, same as it didn?t work at Atalanta. Hard to explain. If a team presses this hard there should be space between midfield and defense. You?d expect a few second balls to drop in that zone and for us to exploit it. We just lost almost every challenge.
Then go for plan C, drop zlatan, play hakan outwide with 4 pacy wingers on rw lw. 4-6-0.

Leao hakan kessie tonali meite saele
Back 4 (high line)

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Same here I was expecting an open game because of their pressing. I can?t believe how hard it was to break it. Players couldn?t breathe.

This boggles my mind and it bothers me a great deal. Like what the hell was the issue and cause of this loss, really???

We should never be this vulnerable to any tactic

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio

:fp:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Worst part is it was against a team who have a shit home record

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Ive heard this pussy talk before
Its not pussy, its realistic, genoa spezia atalanta udinese juve are capable dropping us points from what ive seen if pioli dont short of things.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Joy, make me a mod - time to cull because Tantalis' awards not having the desired effect.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I don't want to be negative but we are about to put ourselves outside top 4 again. Inter and Roma next. If they win their games and we lose against both of them, the 9 points gap we had will be 0 all of a sudden. I am really really worried.

Last 9 games in all competition: 4 win, 4 loses, 1 draw.

We have to start talking about this soon. We are on our way into crisis mode.

What is the difference between our performance today and our performances against say Atalanta?

Most fans here delusionally believed that Atalanta played one of the greatest games ever when they played us but in reality that was a lie.

A bald faced lie. Atalanta played a good pressing game. We were just trash and lacked any quality display whatsoever. Had nothing to do with Atalanta being unplayable

The performance today mirrored a lot of very mediocre performances we have been churning out. Outside the Crotone game we have been very bad in lots of games.

By the way we need to start winning pretty quick and regain form. If we lose against Inter and fail to win the next 2 games we could be out of the top 4.

Totally plausible so something has to change quickly

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Its not pussy, its realistic, genoa spezia atalanta udinese juve are capable dropping us points from what ive seen if pioli dont short of things.

.thinking Inter got the scudetto and hoping they win is the definition of pussy talk. We've been there before, nothing new.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Indeed worrying signs here, it's OK to loose - can't win them all, but the way we lost vs 16th placed team without a singel shot on target, nor a proper attack, that's red flags.

Once this team face high pressing they're totally lost, Genoa, Lille, Atalanta and now Spezia - also in periods vs Inter and Roma we struggled big time. Pioli needs to solve this, as many other Serie A teams are able to pull off exactly that sort of game vs us.

Mandzukic shouldn't play anything else then Zlatan's role, only attacker and not wide / winger, as he's old and out of shape offering nothing in the wide role so far. Dalot shouldn't be used when Kalulu is just as good, younger and permanent Milan player, I bet even Samu would do just as good at RB as Dalot.

And no, I'm not pointing out specific players as they were all horrible tonight, golden opportunity wasted.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I want to see the team take the game to the opponent and play less possession football. We are not really a possession based team, rather we have youth who can outrun you. The coach needs to figure this out. I don't even mind to try out other formations. Actualky its something we should have anticipated because Lille exposed a weakness that was not there before. We need to find a way around this heavy pressing game.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
We are not playing possession football, we are playing forward football, like what Mihajlovic tried in his Milan, what are you talking about?

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
.thinking Inter got the scudetto and hoping they win is the definition of pussy talk. We've been there before, nothing new.
How it pussy talk?im talking about securing 4th spot, since its inter juve milan to loose, its not normal im hoping others than them lost every match? I even dont talk about points for 3rd of them lol. Your insecurity ridiculous.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
We are not playing possession football, we are playing forward football, like what Mihajlovic tried in his Milan, what are you talking about?

Lately the team has been trying to control possession rather than hit the opponents on the break as we saw in the beginning. This is why there are a lot of backwards passes and starting play from behind but the off ball movement was off and at some point the players just hoof the ball upfield hoping Ibra would do something.

The problem is that lack of ball demanding from the midfield and forwards

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
This was an appalling performance against a medocre team. The worst I have seen in some time.

There needs to be a reaction to this.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Still can’t believe it. Especially those last 15 minutes where we keeped passing the ball around the back. Our build up play was horrible and we kept trying it for 90 minutes.

The only medicine to this frustrating feeling is the derby that is coming up.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Can someone delete this thread ?