The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 13-02-2021, 23:37   #681
Dokoa
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero80 View Post
.thinking Inter got the scudetto and hoping they win is the definition of pussy talk. We've been there before, nothing new.
It's not pussy talk . Its obvious that the game has dropped alot last two months

Signature
Originally Posted by LocalHero80
With Valverde Barca actually learned to defend. That's scary for other clubs
Dokoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2021, 23:41   #682
Velez Mostar
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: -Sergej Barbarez&Meho Kodro-

Indeed worrying signs here, it's OK to loose - can't win them all, but the way we lost vs 16th placed team without a singel shot on target, nor a proper attack, that's red flags.

Once this team face high pressing they're totally lost, Genoa, Lille, Atalanta and now Spezia - also in periods vs Inter and Roma we struggled big time. Pioli needs to solve this, as many other Serie A teams are able to pull off exactly that sort of game vs us.

Mandzukic shouldn't play anything else then Zlatan's role, only attacker and not wide / winger, as he's old and out of shape offering nothing in the wide role so far. Dalot shouldn't be used when Kalulu is just as good, younger and permanent Milan player, I bet even Samu would do just as good at RB as Dalot.

And no, I'm not pointing out specific players as they were all horrible tonight, golden opportunity wasted.

Signature
-------- Mostar u srcu, Velez do groba! --------
Neretva kroz vene tece, Velez nam je oka sjaj!
-----Rodjeni, Rodjeni, kraj Neretve rodjeni!-----
Velez Mostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2021, 01:58   #683
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paguma Larvata View Post
Man, i had saved General's post on us winning the Scudetto. Should i trash it or is there still hope?
Milan first in the table.
General: STOP COUNTING POINTS

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
Semi-Retired
VultureSheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2021, 02:04   #684
Jivara
Forza Milan

I want to see the team take the game to the opponent and play less possession football. We are not really a possession based team, rather we have youth who can outrun you. The coach needs to figure this out. I don't even mind to try out other formations. Actualky its something we should have anticipated because Lille exposed a weakness that was not there before. We need to find a way around this heavy pressing game.
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2021, 03:25   #685
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout

We are not playing possession football, we are playing forward football, like what Mihajlovic tried in his Milan, what are you talking about?

Signature
Quote:
Semi-Retired
VultureSheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2021, 07:06   #686
Benz_1803
classic 1994

Fav. Players: Milan legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero80 View Post
.thinking Inter got the scudetto and hoping they win is the definition of pussy talk. We've been there before, nothing new.
How it pussy talk?im talking about securing 4th spot, since its inter juve milan to loose, its not normal im hoping others than them lost every match? I even dont talk about points for 3rd of them lol. Your insecurity ridiculous.

Signature
Benz_1803 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2021, 11:03   #687
Jivara
Forza Milan

Quote:
We are not playing possession football, we are playing forward football, like what Mihajlovic tried in his Milan, what are you talking about?
Lately the team has been trying to control possession rather than hit the opponents on the break as we saw in the beginning. This is why there are a lot of backwards passes and starting play from behind but the off ball movement was off and at some point the players just hoof the ball upfield hoping Ibra would do something.

The problem is that lack of ball demanding from the midfield and forwards
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2021, 20:10   #688
Boban1982
Scudetto 18

This was an appalling performance against a medocre team. The worst I have seen in some time.

There needs to be a reaction to this.

Signature
Boban1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2021, 22:38   #689
Sheva0172
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta

Still can’t believe it. Especially those last 15 minutes where we keeped passing the ball around the back. Our build up play was horrible and we kept trying it for 90 minutes.

The only medicine to this frustrating feeling is the derby that is coming up.

Signature
San Paolo
Sheva0172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2021, 23:31   #690
Charbel
"Il Capitano"

Fav. Players: Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini

Can someone delete this thread ?

Signature
Previously known as "Soldier"
Charbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2021, 07:54   #691
Shadow47
Young Assassin

Fav. Players: Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Pippo, Nesta, Van Bommel, Huntelaar, Stephan, Pazzo, De Sciglio. Ribery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il grande Milan View Post
Attempts:
Milan: 0
Spezia: 14

Try to explain that. A lot of games are on Pioli. Next to that, we are playing like a serie b team for months now. Got dominated by sassuolo, benevento, spezia, Juventus, lazio and so on. The chemistry is done.
this is a literal definition of an overreaction, damn

"dominated for months", "chemistry is done" like other clubs are fools who don't study our tactics ever
Shadow47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2021, 09:34   #692
Savo
Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey

Fav. Players: Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Gross game. We struggle when teams overrun the midfield. Bennacer and Calhanoglu were awful and Kessie was tired. Had one of our best 11's out there on paper but those 3 in particular got dominated and therefore the center of the pitch was owned by Spezia. The subs were hit and miss but mostly miss for me. Tomori for Kjaer makes sense to preserve Kjaer's back. But Meite blows and Mandzukic out wide is not going to change any games like that. Poor all around. When a team packs the midfield I would like to see us be able to change formations slightly if we're struggling.

The 4-2-3-1 definitely fits us the best, but would be nice to have at least 1 backup idea in place for situations like we just had v. Spezia.

-----------------Donnarumma--------------------
-------Tomori-------Kjaer--------Roma----------
Calabria-----Ben/Ton----Kessie----------Theo--
------------------Calhanoglu---------------------
---------Ibrahimovic-------Rebic/Leao-----------

or if we want to keep a 4 man back line can do:

-----------------Donnarumma--------------------
Calabria----Kjaer/Tom---Roma----------Theo--
---------------------Tonali------------------------
---------Bennacer----------Kessie---------------
------------------Calhanoglu---------------------
-------Ibrahimovic---------Rebic/Leao----------

Signature
My favorite goal (the 2nd one) - Kaka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMVT...eature=related

Maldini... true legend... the best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rqnwVBVQE

Last edited by Savo; 15-02-2021 at 10:15.
Savo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2021, 12:30   #693
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Absolute shocker ... but I guess this is what happens when you're not completely focused on the game at hand with all the contract negotiations up in the air ...

Players asking for world class salaries after doing well second half of last term and first half of this term should be reminded when the season starts and finishes, and when it actually counts.

Also they should also count the number of years Milan had to put up with their mediocre performances ...

Yeah, for me, all credit to Spezia and the coach for the execution from 0 to 90 minutes of a perfect game plan. We had no answers cause we weren't mentally prepared for it.

Signature
SEVEN
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2021, 18:09   #694
kevin_dk
AC Milan Icon

Clearly I did not hear any stats said by the OP, fray.

What a disgusting game.

Gross.
kevin_dk is offline   Reply With Quote