The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 08-03-2021, 09:32   #21
Pingu
Revolution

Excited for this.

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:46   #22
sheva
suso's dog

having followed United specifically this season, they're formidable and dangerous in counters, as well as mentally strong (Ole did a number on them, unlike past coaches after Ferguson)

this will be surely our toughest opponent this season strength wise, given the great performance they had vs. Pep, and I expect Pioli to play very tactical and not give much space to United.

Kessie will be crucial in this, and will be a test to see if he's more than a Serie A god.
sheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:59   #23
Hitchens
Trophies incoming

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Here's to hoping we actually squeeze out a great result with plenty of players hitting form.

Signature
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 11:49   #24
joyrider
Il Moderati

Big big match

Im really looking forward to this, its the first real test for us.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 12:37   #25
Velez Mostar
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: -Sergej Barbarez&Meho Kodro-

Can't wait to see our boys vs the very best out there; we will indeed get a confirmation of where we stand, compared to the best clubs out there. Man Utd is definetely among top 20 CL teams, and a Gent's club, unlike several of the other PL clubs.

Yesterday De Gea, Mata, and Jones were all out vs City - along with minor knocks; Cavani, de Beek, Pogba, and after the match apparantly Rashford. They also have a tricky tie vs CL chasing West Ham in the PL on Sunday (like our match vs Napoli), and 3 days after the return leg vs Leicester (FA Cup), so I guess there'll be rotation.
According to Utd fans, owners and fans demand a trophy this year, so they'll have to go for either EL or FA Cup (semi final vs [probably] Chelsea, final vs either City or Everton), so double legged EL [probable opponents Arsenal/Tottenham/Ajax/Villarreal] might actually be the easier target for Man Utd.

Can't wait to see specially Romagnoli and Kessie vs top international quality.

Signature
-------- Mostar u srcu, Velez do groba! --------
Neretva kroz vene tece, Velez nam je oka sjaj!
-----Rodjeni, Rodjeni, kraj Neretve rodjeni!-----
Velez Mostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 13:51   #26
Cloren
Primavera Player

Krunic needs to start if Hakan isn’t available. Krunic is an AM. Play him there. Diaz is fine too but Krunic did well as AM vs Verona
Cloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 14:12   #27
taura
Attaccareeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velez Mostar View Post
Can't wait to see our boys vs the very best out there; we will indeed get a confirmation of where we stand, compared to the best clubs out there. Man Utd is definetely among top 20 CL teams, and a Gent's club, unlike several of the other PL clubs.

Yesterday De Gea, Mata, and Jones were all out vs City - along with minor knocks; Cavani, de Beek, Pogba, and after the match apparantly Rashford. They also have a tricky tie vs CL chasing West Ham in the PL on Sunday (like our match vs Napoli), and 3 days after the return leg vs Leicester (FA Cup), so I guess there'll be rotation.
According to Utd fans, owners and fans demand a trophy this year, so they'll have to go for either EL or FA Cup (semi final vs [probably] Chelsea, final vs either City or Everton), so double legged EL [probable opponents Arsenal/Tottenham/Ajax/Villarreal] might actually be the easier target for Man Utd.

Can't wait to see specially Romagnoli and Kessie vs top international quality.
honestly I think Henderson is in a better form then De Gea while Mata and Jones are comparable to...Castillejo and Musacchio..neither of them are first 11 material so I hope Rashford, Pogba and Cavani will be absent tho
taura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 14:38   #28
Cloren
Primavera Player

Tomori must play btw, I feel we can’t play Roma/Kjaer together, they’re too slow and have similar attributes. Need Tomori and one of Roma/Kjaer together, it would complement better with Tomori speed and Roma/Kjaer experience and aerial defending
Cloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 15:02   #29
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Im loving the manchester united fans arrogance on their forum... most if not all are convinced it will be a walk in the park so lets keep a clean sheet and atleast score 1 at old trafford

Cant afford to leave their ground without atleast scoring 1

Forza
Neruda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 15:03   #30
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloren View Post
Tomori must play btw, I feel we can?t play Roma/Kjaer together, they?re too slow and have similar attributes. Need Tomori and one of Roma/Kjaer together, it would complement better with Tomori speed and Roma/Kjaer experience and aerial defending

Tomori kjaer and its not even close
Old 08-03-2021, 15:23   #31
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk

Fav. Players: Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka, T. Silva. Current AC - Ibra, Calabria, Tonali, Tata

Nick an away goal but play very defensive and hope they come on us and we try catch them on the break with the pace of Leao, Theo and Rebic if he's back. United love to counter with an abundance of pace in attack so a high line would be suicidal

Anyone know if Ibra will be back for the second leg?

Signature
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 15:24   #32
taura
Attaccareeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestafan View Post
Nick an away goal but play very defensive and hope they come on us and we try catch them on the break with the pace of Leao, Theo and Rebic if he's back.

Anyone know if Ibra will be back for the second leg?
Iirc Ibra should be available for the return leg yea
taura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 15:40   #33
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

That away goal will be huge
Old 08-03-2021, 15:42   #34
Balo45
AC Milan Legend

Play defensive, they don’t have ideas like goodfella pointed out. If you look at their record in games, it’s almost all 0-0 draws. But that’s typically with them sitting back and taking the pressure. They’re not as good in other types of games and it’s why they are like 12 points down from man city in the table.

This will be a tough one, if you look at the first leipzig game, some recent games against psg, how they blew up a decent team in sociedad, if you come at them they will counter you hard. Rashford out is big, he’s just a great athlete and would be hard to deal with. Their right side is more defensive similar to ours, so theo and rebic(if they play) vs their right side will be a big battle also. Wan bissaka is also a great 1v1 defender and theo in particular will have to be careful, although he offers Jack shit going forward.

More than fine with playing a low risk game and seeing where we stand a week from now.
Balo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 16:53   #35
bacon d'or
AC Milan Icon

an ugly 1-0 win ples thx

Signature
bacon d'or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 16:58   #36
VooDooDoll
))<>((

nice to see a game against stronger team from europe but im not sure why people are so excited here - we will have much more starting eleven similar to what we have against hellas than our main team.

from what i heard mu plays in 2 ways - against stronger teams they defend deep and counter and against weaker they press and try to score after mistake because they suck in positioning attack.

they rely on rashford, bruno and pogba as creativity force and 2 of them may not to play against us.

not sure what will be our idea how to score/win without benna, hakan and ibra... long balls to rebic+leao??

Signature

Pioli: "Can Tomori stop Lukaku? He is doing well, he has different characteristics from the others. But for technical and physical characteristics, Tomori is better at playing against Lautaro or Sanchez, he's fast but not that powerful to counter such attackers. He is intelligent, I'm happy with his performances.

positive: leao, duarte, ibra, gabbia, hauge, donna?, krunic, rebic, hakan, theo?

VooDooDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 18:24   #37
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooDoll View Post
nice to see a game against stronger team from europe but im not sure why people are so excited here - we will have much more starting eleven similar to what we have against hellas than our main team.
umm....precisely for that reason?

I was pessimistic after the draw because I was expecting yet another failed high press or high line with passengers, liabilities, unfit lightweight players and slow defenders. Another 3-0 or 5-0 defeat in a big game. Pioli and the team are flexible and they've shown they can play different types of games, but with Ibra there seems to be only the "ambitious" way. Ibra's combination of a great hold-up play and lack of mobility for a counter-based game is like a poisonous mix for our naive players. It's better to not have him on the pitch at all when the right conditions for high press or a possession game don't exist.

Manure might win this, even by 3-0, but that is less likely to happen now than what it looked like 3 weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooDoll View Post
not sure what will be our idea how to score/win without benna, hakan and ibra... long balls to rebic+leao??
Counters, over-the-top balls to Rebic or Leao.
Theo joining in.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 18:30   #38
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
I'm not gambling on Theo at Old Trafford unless kjaer starts. Regardless of whether rashford plays or not, if Noli is exposed on a 1 on 1 vs any of United's forwards including someone like Daniel James then we are screwed. Dalot is a must for a Noli start.
Dalot, Theo, Noli, Kjaer........I don't really care.
There's up and downsides to all those options.

Kjaer is better than Noli, but Tomori-Noli have more experience together, plus I think Tomori looks more comfortable at RCB.
And there's Samu, Krunic and Kessie to prevent a 1 on 1.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 18:58   #39
Balo45
AC Milan Legend

I’m not totally sure a fully fit in form Milan team would necessarily get crushed by them. It would be possible for sure, I was worried after the draw because they really are much better in big games where they can counter, seen that against sociedad, psg, first game against leipzig.

But execution is important. The flip side to that is that United has had like 5 goalless draws against top 6 teams in Europe, with a whopping two open play goals against top 6 epl teams as well. Similar to Milan, they have a young team and they are very on or off. Rashford and martial kill it when they’re on, and when they’re not they’re useless. Leipzig showed in the second game against them you can still dominate them playing that aggressive style if you 1) make slight adjustments and 2) execute. You have to put the ball in the net when the chances come, don’t waste opportunities. I do think it’s right to go in with a cautious lineup and game plan, we have to with the absences, what I’m more worried about is just individual quality. Tactics and systems are important but talent matters, and games are still typically decided by individual moments of quality. Tactics are there to ensure the players are in thee right places to express their quality. Over reliance on rigid tactical systems is what has killed Italy in Europe for a while, look at conte always underachieving. Point is, if Krunic Samu and Alexis continuously lose the ball on Thursday, they will pile a lot of pressure on us and the counter attack approach will be for nothing. Hopefully krunic is still in a confident mood and Leao can pull something out of his ass. He can dribble their CBs if he feels like it
Old 08-03-2021, 19:01   #40
Balo45
AC Milan Legend

Interesting thing is that when Leipzig beat United to make it out of their CL group, Angeli?o was their outlet in transition and absolutely tore United apart that game. If Pioli could get that out of theo it would be nice