Milan Legend
Reaction score
1564770102_923731_1564770334_noticia_normal_recorte1.jpg

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Manchester United, problem for Rashford: the English striker forced out due to injury

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Who might return for us? Or are we playing the tiki taka rejects again?

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A 1-2 or even 1-3 scoreline will be a good enough result. A 0-2 would be difficult to turn around.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Intro games for next year CL matches. Two second teams in their leagues. A lot of history and battles we had against Manchester . The most beautiful moments were Kaka's goal at Old Trafford and dismantling them at San Siro 3-0.
Glad that both clubs are making comebacks. Certainly if wasn't for virus Old Trafford would be full. Win or lose in both matches i don't care ,just leave everything on the pitch.

Forza Milan.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
I heard a stat recently which was rather worrying.

Milan have only ever won once in England :eek:

Grazie Carlo

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Tactical quagmire this one. The high pressing of Leipzig was successful vs United a couple of months ago but city were cut to ribbons yesterday. Currently we don't have an intense enough high press. Would need some variant of Hellas strategy.

No pressing up high. Pack the mid and defense. Hold the shape at all costs. Play counter.

Can't afford defensive passengers in any area of the pitch. Preference for players like rebic , mandzukic, dalot or even castellejo.

----rebic/zukic-----
Rebic/cast---kruns---saele
------kessie----meite----
Dalot----kjaer---tomori---calabs

Doesn't look pretty but might be the only thing that works.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Tactical quagmire this one. The high pressing of Leipzig was successful vs United a couple of months ago but city were cut to ribbons yesterday. Currently we don't have an intense enough high press. Would need some variant of Hellas strategy.

No pressing up high. Pack the mid and defense. Hold the shape at all costs. Play counter.

Can't afford defensive passengers in any area of the pitch. Preference for players like rebic , mandzukic, dalot or even castellejo.

----rebic/zukic-----

Is Mandzukic going to be back for us?

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Is Mandzukic going to be back for us?

No idea. But whoever is up front has to be switched on for the entire duration.

This is definitely not a game for ibra. Leao could be an impact sub but I probably wouldn't want him starting.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

----rebic/zukic-----

A high line would be suicidal against a Manure side that only knows how to counter-attack when Pogba is missing.
Crystal Palace made them look as idealess as us against Udinese.
Without Rashford they'll be less dangerous on the counter, but it's still their main strength.
Martial is a Leao copy.

The number one thing I'd avoid is high press with a forward in the wing spots.
It's Rebic or Leao, not both. Obviously I prefer Rebic, but if he's not fit then I'm okay with Leao.

Dalot wasn't bad defensively against Verona, but he wasn't as good as Samu, Krunic, Kessie and Romagnoli made him look. He pushed up, almost like Theo, but there were several players covering for him.
He didn't do stupid Theo type of shit like cutting into the crowded center just to look for fouls or attempt a difficult pass that fails 2 out of 3 times and then take 4-5 seconds to turn and track back when Romagnoli has already been burned by pace.
But...Theo wasn't that headless in the low block Milan side of December either.
The risks are lower with Dalot, but it would also be interesting to see Theo team up with his FWB Samu on the left flank. I think Manure will give us a lot of opportunities to counterattack, and he's the single best one at that in this team.
Dalot..Theo...I'm fine with either.

Rebic/Leao
Samu - Krunic - Saele
Kessie - Meite
Theo/Dalot - Romagnoli - Tomori - Calabria
Donna​

Last edited:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
A high line would be suicidal against a Manure side that only knows how to counter-attack when Pogba is missing.
Crystal Palace made them look as idealess as us against Udinese.
Without Rashford they'll be less dangerous on the counter, but it's still their main strength.
Martial is a Leao copy.

The number one thing I'd avoid is high press with a forward in the wing spots.
It's Rebic or Leao, not both. Obviously I prefer Rebic, but if he's not fit then I'm okay with Leao.

Dalot wasn't bad defensively against Verona, but he wasn't as good as Samu, Krunic, Kessie and Romagnoli made him look. He pushed up, almost like Theo, but there were several players covering for him.
He didn't do stupid Theo type of shit like cutting into the crowded center just to look for fouls or attempt a difficult pass that fails 2 out of 3 times and then take 4-5 seconds to turn and track back when Romagnoli has already been burned by pace.
But...Theo wasn't that headless in the low block Milan side of December either.
The risks are lower with Dalot, but it would also be interesting to see Theo team up with his FWB Samu on the left flank. I think Manure will give us a lot of opportunities to counterattack, and he's the single best one at that in this team.
Dalot..Theo...I'm fine with either.

Rebic/Leao
Samu - Krunic - Saele
Kessie - Meite
Theo/Dalot - Romagnoli - Tomori - Calabria
Donna​

I'm not gambling on Theo at Old Trafford unless kjaer starts. Regardless of whether rashford plays or not, if Noli is exposed on a 1 on 1 vs any of United's forwards including someone like Daniel James then we are screwed. Dalot is a must for a Noli start.

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
For the Man united match Leao will be the key play in counter attack.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Meh. With mostly full squad i d be optimistic but.....
Are Benny and Theo ready for this?

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sami could prove to be useful in this kind of a semi-defensive game. We don’t necessarily do catenaccio as we need to explode into a counter attack when a chance presents itself. Meaningful and direct build up through the middle channel could bring about chances. They love to play counter attacks as well but that is our game plan. They don’t look too bright really when they have possession, make them have the ball. We keep the wings low and tight, play through the middle as simply as possible. Donna, Tomori, Kessie, Krunic and Leaow that’s where our strength is currently.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Meh. With mostly full squad i d be optimistic but.....
Are Benny and Theo ready for this?

Their missing Rashford, Cavani and Pogba, so it should 'even' the odds a bit given that their bench is equally shitty.

Can't wait for this one, glamor tie even though its in the EL.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
We had Ibra, Hakan, Rebic, Theo, Bennacer, Kjaer and Tonali out against Verona. 7 players, 6 of them starters. Who of them will be back against Manure?

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
We had Ibra, Hakan, Rebic, Theo, Bennacer, Kjaer and Tonali out against Verona. 7 players, 6 of them starters. Who of them will be back against Manure?

Im pretty sure both Theo and Rebic will be fit. Ibra is out for sure, same for Hakan it seems. Bennacer might be available, but I wouldnt play him regardless, let him back in the starting lineup slowly against shittier opponents. Not sure whats up with Mandzukic tho, hopefully he'll be available + he starts, Id rather see him then Leao

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Their missing Rashford, Cavani and Pogba, so it should 'even' the odds a bit given that their bench is equally shitty.

Can't wait for this one, glamor tie even though its in the EL.

Damn didnt know this. Hated playing against cavani.

Agree, hopefully no injuries on both sides. Always respected united in England more than other clubs.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Excited for this.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
having followed United specifically this season, they're formidable and dangerous in counters, as well as mentally strong (Ole did a number on them, unlike past coaches after Ferguson)

this will be surely our toughest opponent this season strength wise, given the great performance they had vs. Pep, and I expect Pioli to play very tactical and not give much space to United.

Kessie will be crucial in this, and will be a test to see if he's more than a Serie A god.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Here's to hoping we actually squeeze out a great result with plenty of players hitting form.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Big big match

Im really looking forward to this, its the first real test for us.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Can't wait to see our boys vs the very best out there; we will indeed get a confirmation of where we stand, compared to the best clubs out there. Man Utd is definetely among top 20 CL teams, and a Gent's club, unlike several of the other PL clubs.

Yesterday De Gea, Mata, and Jones were all out vs City - along with minor knocks; Cavani, de Beek, Pogba, and after the match apparantly Rashford. They also have a tricky tie vs CL chasing West Ham in the PL on Sunday (like our match vs Napoli), and 3 days after the return leg vs Leicester (FA Cup), so I guess there'll be rotation.
According to Utd fans, owners and fans demand a trophy this year, so they'll have to go for either EL or FA Cup (semi final vs [probably] Chelsea, final vs either City or Everton), so double legged EL [probable opponents Arsenal/Tottenham/Ajax/Villarreal] might actually be the easier target for Man Utd.

Can't wait to see specially Romagnoli and Kessie vs top international quality.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Krunic needs to start if Hakan isn’t available. Krunic is an AM. Play him there. Diaz is fine too but Krunic did well as AM vs Verona

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Can't wait to see our boys vs the very best out there; we will indeed get a confirmation of where we stand, compared to the best clubs out there. Man Utd is definetely among top 20 CL teams, and a Gent's club, unlike several of the other PL clubs.

Yesterday De Gea, Mata, and Jones were all out vs City - along with minor knocks; Cavani, de Beek, Pogba, and after the match apparantly Rashford. They also have a tricky tie vs CL chasing West Ham in the PL on Sunday (like our match vs Napoli), and 3 days after the return leg vs Leicester (FA Cup), so I guess there'll be rotation.
According to Utd fans, owners and fans demand a trophy this year, so they'll have to go for either EL or FA Cup (semi final vs [probably] Chelsea, final vs either City or Everton), so double legged EL [probable opponents Arsenal/Tottenham/Ajax/Villarreal] might actually be the easier target for Man Utd.

Can't wait to see specially Romagnoli and Kessie vs top international quality.

honestly I think Henderson is in a better form then De Gea while Mata and Jones are comparable to...Castillejo and Musacchio..neither of them are first 11 material so :) I hope Rashford, Pogba and Cavani will be absent tho :)

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Tomori must play btw, I feel we can’t play Roma/Kjaer together, they’re too slow and have similar attributes. Need Tomori and one of Roma/Kjaer together, it would complement better with Tomori speed and Roma/Kjaer experience and aerial defending

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Im loving the manchester united fans arrogance on their forum... most if not all are convinced it will be a walk in the park so lets keep a clean sheet and atleast score 1 at old trafford

Cant afford to leave their ground without atleast scoring 1

Forza

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Tomori must play btw, I feel we can?t play Roma/Kjaer together, they?re too slow and have similar attributes. Need Tomori and one of Roma/Kjaer together, it would complement better with Tomori speed and Roma/Kjaer experience and aerial defending

Tomori kjaer and its not even close