Manuel Locatelli Thread

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
From https://www.acmilan.com/en/news/vid...10-02/ac-milan-us-sassuolo-serie-a-tim-201617

2db1d1t.jpg

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Marco Benassi returns to the U21 Italy squad, tomorrow they play against Lithuania. Manuel Locatelli returns to the U19s. #Azzurri🇮🇹

:lol:

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Anyone else find that mole on his cheek irritating ?

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Agree with Montella that he looked a bit too timid today, but understandable considering the situation. Good positioning in a defensive sense and looked to break lines with his passing. Needs to show more for the ball to build the plays, because the ball spent a lot of time playing between the pseudo back 3 of paletta, roma, des as Loca was not dropping to assist with carrying the ball forward.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Dont really understand what people expect from youngster playing emergency as a starter. As a coach i would say before the game: if u are not sure what to do, pass to defenders or gk, if you feel some pressure play fast and safe football, if there is some time just make good decisions. He didnt make stupid mistake, was position himself ok, covering some open spaces, need some work on precision, not sure if he had power in last 25mins but in general ok game. Time will show his real value.
I remember suso when he arrived to acm and his stupid 2-4 shots per game because he was trying prove his value...

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i think positioning wise he was good. made some good interceptions and clearances. did make some mistakes which could have cost us though. overall very happy with his performance as it is only his first start.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
I thought he was solid today, besides that pass that lead to a half chance. He's still a kid and his positional sense seems solid, he has all the tools to be a good player. It'll all click eventually.

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Locatelli vs Chievo

I stand by the analysis at half time, his first half was him talking too many touches, too much time on the ball, making too much of space for himself for relatively easy things. As the game went on we saw more of his natural self. Its nerves(confidence), lack of cohesion for him in the team and trying not to make a mistake but killing off quick counter attacking moves.
I see a lot of potential in his passing (from his videos for the Primavera and other youth matches), something we haven't even talked about yet because we have seen so less of it. His contribution till now has been good defensive moves and that emotional goal against Sassuolo. His passing is his best attribute and I am hoping for some Pirlo Magic soon. I also feel he should start bulking little by little once he hits 6'2" or something. He is 6'1" right now.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
I love this kid, but i really dont understand the hype. Techincally he is nothing special, decision making is poor, that will improve over the years tho. He is very passionate and very agressive midfielder, which is nice. He is no verratti(like some people suggested), but i think he can become a very good ball winning midfielder, like kuco.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Became better as the match progressed. He has to obviously start from now on as sosa seemed kinda hopeless when subbed on.

unda

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Really grew on the game and in the end he was releasing the ball and taking decisions almost twice as quick as Montolivo.
It's a shame Monto is hurt or else we could play Loca at anchor and Montolivo higher up instead of Bona.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I love this kid, but i really dont understand the hype. Techincally he is nothing special, decision making is poor, that will improve over the years tho. He is very passionate and very agressive midfielder, which is nice. He is no verratti(like some people suggested), but i think he can become a very good ball winning midfielder, like kuco.
He is nothing like Kuco.
Xhaka is similar in style and that is a compliment for Loca.
Am not convinced yet but still excited to see how he will grows.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score

The reason he's hyped is because he's 18 and he's not a typical anchor or regista; he's a mix of both. He also has a good level in the tools needed to play in the middle:
- Positioning? Check
- Vision? Check
- Distribution? Check
- Isn't afraid to get physical if he needs to? Check

Of course he has to improve but it's impressive to see how good his base level is already. Usually for anchors, they don't have a solid level until they're 23-25 years old.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I stand by my point that he resemble Xhaka the most.
I will ejaculate in my shorts if Xhaka wasnt as good when he was 18 for sure :lol:

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
The reason he's hyped is because he's 18 and he's not a typical anchor or regista; he's a mix of both.

Technically he can be a mix of anchor and regista, but his decision making is still far from that. Of all midfielder that played since the start of the season, he have been the less involved in our attack.

Ok, he's 18, but not all the players that have huge potential will really become world class.

Some are already good at 20, some become good at 30.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
At arguably the most difficult position outside of CB, he seemed to do incredibly well for an 18 year old making his first start.

I would replace him with Milan Badelj in January; however, he has the look of a future star for us just like Donarumma and Romagnoli.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I stand by my point that he resemble Xhaka the most.
I will ejaculate in my shorts if Xhaka wasnt as good when he was 18 for sure :lol:

DO. NOT. Compare Loca with that stupid kid.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A more realistic comparison: do you think Loca has looked better or worse than what Cristante shown with us?

Cristante couldn't/can't defend for shit. Loca has a grit, physique and work rate which Cristante was lacking,
Not always elegant, but he gets things done.

I'm not sure about Loca's technical ability, but his work rate and physicality means he has a place in this team(unlike the Mauris and Pasalics).

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
The reason he's hyped is because he's 18 and he's not a typical anchor or regista; he's a mix of both. He also has a good level in the tools needed to play in the middle:
- Positioning? Check
- Vision? Check
- Distribution? Check

Of course he has to improve but it's impressive to see how good his base level is already. Usually for anchors, they don't have a solid level until they're 23-25 years old.

Ok allan, thank you :proud:

I am not sure if he really has these "tools", but i trust you. I know that you are following him from primavera days. So yeah.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
- Positioning? Check
- Vision? Check
- Distribution? Check

I think still not.

Schedule