Alessio Romagnoli Thread

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
who said anything about guarantees? the directors, scouting team and management, which in milan comes down to 1 person :g: has to make a decision on which young cb to choose.

if he comes good g will get praised, if he doesn't he should in theory, face the consequences.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
the man who coached him would have a very versatile opinion on what the player can and cannot do, and what his current capabilities are. miha allegedly wants him.

so i could also ask you the opposite; what kinda guarantees you have that he won't be a stable defender for the next 15 years?

Guarantees? I have statistics, plenty of players are hyped when they are young but very few actually become top players.

Not going farther than Milan, you had Balotelli, Pato, Gourcuff, Mexes that was a super-hyped young defender that got Roma in trouble with his transfer, Yanga-Mbiwa that we wanted to get from Montpellier (and he was playing in NT) that sucked afterwards, Astori that can't make the quality jump, De Sciglio that has been lost for the last season and a half (Seedorf even saying he shouldn't play on the left), El Shaarawy scored 16 goals in half a season and now we want to give him away for 14mill, and I'm not sure if there are any decent offers despite the fact that I still believe he can make it.

You even have grown up players that play good one season and fuck up the next, it's called being inconsistent.

As about coaches and players, a coach can give an opinion but in the end, it's the player that has to play and adapt to the new team. Look at Pochetino and Osvaldo, things were peachy in Espanyol ... then when he brought him to Southampton, Osvaldo sucked. Allegri and Matri is another example, solid play at Cagliari and Juve, sucked at Milan.

Long story short, if we spend 20 mill, we're buying him as a top player, and the truth is that he currently isn't, hence it's a gamble. Can you say that he's an upgrade over our current defenders. Yepes in 2014 played 25 games with Atalanta, but that doesn't make him a top player.

Either way I don't wanna argue with you, I'm just voicing my concerns. For the sake of Milan I hope I'm wrong, even though I've been more times right than wrong.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
games....you can win everything in 3 seasons

reality.....you can get relegated, there is nog reload option

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
i stopped reading there.
MR is right. FIFA games have all but fucked you people in the ass.
good luck with that.

I never played Fifa :lol: . Good luck with your future assumptions.

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He seems quite fast for his size. Would be a good partner for Paletta who is rather slow.

Last edited:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

What I like about the video is he had to cover Mesbah sorry ass at least twice :lol:

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Hummels + Romagnoli please

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In terms of game play only, what is Romagnoli better than Laporte in? I understand that he's Italian and that's an advantage but asking specifically in game play. Laporte is the most complete most proven 21 year old CB I have seen in a letter long long time. I don't even know if Nesta or Cannavaro were as good as he is at 21.

Unfortunately it seems that we will pick Romagnoli because he was trained by Miha last year. He knows him better than most.

Silently hoping that somehow shit goes wrong and we go for Laporte. Alessio 's agent did say Milans lack of European football does act as a stumbling block, hopefully big enough to not come so we can 'settle' for the new Nesta. I doubt he would be sold for less than his clause. I don't think the management rates him that highly and I think that's s mistake. We have to buy him at that price before our European opponents will. They're all in search of a great CB and they don't come better than this at 21. Laporte's ready for the big stage.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Actually I think marquinhos was the most complete young centerback I've seen in a while. Moreso than varane, Laporte, etc

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
varane naah, he just too calm to be the best.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Actually I think marquinhos was the most complete young centerback I've seen in a while. Moreso than varane, Laporte, etc
Agreed. It's very difficult to find a CB who is consistent defensively nowadays, (and that's why the young ones are being priced so high, since there's little value in the experienced part of the market)...

Among the good ones, Marquinhos stands out a little probably. Ahead of Benatia, Bonucci, the Atleti CBs and possibly Hummels.

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Best young defenders in the world are Gimenez and Zouma.

Best CB is Godin

indo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Buy him..then we got all italian solid defense.
De sciglio, Palleta, Romagnoli, Antonelli.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
sure you dont. lmao. :lol:
talks about assumptions. assumes romagnoli is not worth 20 mil investment.
cool story

Whatever dude, I'm not gonna waste energy to convince someone on the other side of internet about what I do or don't do with my free time :lol: . Keep on trolling, you're doing a fine job ...

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
In terms of game play only, what is Romagnoli better than Laporte in? I understand that he's Italian and that's an advantage but asking specifically in game play. Laporte is the most complete most proven 21 year old CB I have seen in a letter long long time. I don't even know if Nesta or Cannavaro were as good as he is at 21.

Unfortunately it seems that we will pick Romagnoli because he was trained by Miha last year. He knows him better than most.

Silently hoping that somehow shit goes wrong and we go for Laporte. Alessio 's agent did say Milans lack of European football does act as a stumbling block, hopefully big enough to not come so we can 'settle' for the new Nesta. I doubt he would be sold for less than his clause. I don't think the management rates him that highly and I think that's s mistake. We have to buy him at that price before our European opponents will. They're all in search of a great CB and they don't come better than this at 21. Laporte's ready for the big stage.

Again this is the trap that leads many to think footballers progress linearly. Even if (that's a huge call firstly) Laporte is better than Nesta or Maldini or Baresi when all of them were 21, there's absolutely nothing to ensure he'll continue to be better than them when they are 25 or 30 or 35..

All evidence suggests the opposite in fact. You cannot predict how much a footballer will increase his effectiveness from 21 to 26 or from any other age range.

Buying young players is all about blind trust and some confidence in the level that they've already reached. We can't say anything conclusive about Laporte or Romagnoli beyond what they've already achieved.

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
i dont disagree with laporte's valuation . But do we go all out and pay 50 mil for him and carry on with paletta as the other cb or buy romagnoli and get another solid starting centre back for another 20 million

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Sabatini blocked Romagnoli's sale to us.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
^^^ IF that's the case they can keep him. 25M is high, he has a lot of hype but stil.... not too mention we would of just pumped 45M into our rivals.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Roma's Walter Sabatini reportedly blocked any possible transfer of Alessio Romagnoli to Milan.

The 20-year-old defender impressed last season during his loan at Sampdoria and has attracted the interest of several clubs, in particular the Rossoneri.

Milan had already signed Andrea Bertolacci from Roma in a very similar fashion, but sporting director Sabatini was quoted by Il Corriere della Sera as being opposed to any kind of transfer.

?Romagnoli won't be sold, he must not be sold,? said the Giallorossi director.

I never thought we had a chance, headed toward optimism as I'm a huge fan, so now we must destroy Sabatini. Get. Romagnoli. Now.

Again this is the trap that leads many to think footballers progress linearly. Even if (that's a huge call firstly) Laporte is better than Nesta or Maldini or Baresi when all of them were 21, there's absolutely nothing to ensure he'll continue to be better than them when they are 25 or 30 or 35..

All evidence suggests the opposite in fact. You cannot predict how much a footballer will increase his effectiveness from 21 to 26 or from any other age range.

Buying young players is all about blind trust and some confidence in the level that they've already reached. We can't say anything conclusive about Laporte or Romagnoli beyond what they've already achieved.

Neco, I've not been a fan of your new character/recent heel turn, but this post is the best post on this forum in a very long time. Well done.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sabatini blocked Romagnoli's sale to us.
Like hell he did. He will sell any player for the right amount. We would have to overpay of course, but if it's not too much, I say do it.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why the hell would roma sell something they desperately need? manolas romagnoli sounds like a duo with good potential. Maybe lack experience i guess.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neco, I've not been a fan of your new character/recent heel turn, but this post is the best post on this forum in a very long time. Well done.

Why thank you. The heel turn was necessary to keep myself interested in posting every day. There's only so much one can do with straight-laced, tactic-related posts.

benavulture

Primavera
Reaction score
The kid from atletico bilbao very good feeding pass to winger/mf...rogmanoli better with defence...
I go for rogmanoli..

Sent from my T1L using Tapatalk

adit

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
his appearance is 30 last season
Sampdoria itself managed to finish to top table
he's also under Mihajlovic guidance

so Miha already familiar with his style, so the odds of success is fairly high if you train with same coach :thumbsup:

i say Milan should pursue him, as for the money as long as we can afford him, i don't care about the amount, we're very rich guys :o

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
like Allegri affairs with Matri/Astori? :D

DAZnBLAST

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, MvB, Sheva, Gullit, Rijkaard, Sav, Weah, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso....
You lot have to remember Miha has coached this lad already. He's worth what Miha thinks he's worth, and it sounds like ?18m-?20m.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
even for 25mil we should get him