Michael Agazzi Thread

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1100690.gif

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
even after we renew abiatti, even after we sign agazzi, people still think we'll sign perin. :) god bless you all

im gonna guess that galliani nearly doubled this guys wages. he's amelia level and a very typical galliani signing. i think hell definately be no1 next season. the only silver lining is that we've known for months so doesn't sting as much.

Xudong

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
even one agazzi thread would have been too many, we have two. :o

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Serie A showcase- Agazzi, between Milan’s transfer strategy and history at Goal Keeper position

22/05/2014 - 22:07
di David Amoyal

When Di Marzio reported Milan had agreed to terms with goal keeper Michael Agazzi back at the beginning of February, the twitter reaction was as predictable as the ending of “Lone Survivor”. Those who were optimistic Milan would go back to their big spending ways assumed Agazzi would serve as a backup to a player that had yet to arrive at the club (someone like Genoa’s Perin), while those who had resigned themselves to Milan’s new reality of targeting players on free transfers or loan deals weren’t at all surprised. At the moment, it appears that the pessimists were right. A few days ago Milan announced that Abbiati was coming back for another season, and Di Marzio reported Milan planned on keeping Gabriel as the third string goal leaving Amelia as the odd man out and no room for another goal keeper to come in.

Agazzi has had a roller coaster of a season, he had an expiring contract with Cagliari last fall and once he failed to reach an agreement with the club he was essentially frozen. His former coach Max Allegri wanted to bring him to Milan, but his sacking after the match against Sassuolo brought some uncertainly to the move. Milan however decided to sign him regardless of fact Allegri was no longer coaching the team, however the move wasn’t announced until this week. Since the time he agreed to terms with the rossoneri, Agazzi was sent off to Chievo to finish the season in exchange for Marco Silvestri. Next season Agazzi will compete with Abbiati, a player he looks up to (he has collected some of his jerseys over the years) while playing close to his hometown of Ponte San Pietro- he also came up through Atalanta’s youth system which plays close to San Siro. Agazzi will turn 27 in August, so he is just entering his prime as a goal keeper. While at Cagliari he played well enough to earn a selection from Prandelli to the Azzurri back in May of 2013 (he didn’t play against either San Marino or the Czech Republic) and he can be considered an upgrade from what he saw from Abbiati last season.

While many are disappointed Milan hasn’t decided to splurge on a more exciting goal keeper, Agazzi’s profile fits into how Milan has handled the goal keeper position since Berlusconi and Galliani took over the club back in 1986. Unlike Juventus and Inter who have had numerous big name goal keepers, Milan tends to go for solid but unspectacular keepers- they simply don’t emphasize the position that much. Their best goal keepers have been Dida’, Sebastiano Rossi (who unlike Agazzi had the luxury of playing behind an incredible defense) and Giovanni Galli, who replaced Zoff on the Azzurri in the mid 80s (Galli was also briefly considered to replace Braida as Milan’s sporting director a few months ago). So Milan fans who are hoping to a return to the big spending ways, can at least draw hope from the fact the club has never emphasized the position even when they were buying champions.

Good article by David Amoyal who I really like. I agree with what he said. Even tho I would add that not splashing cash on a GK doesnt neceserilly mean Milan wont invest, since :g: never did it with GK's, that position was always ignored.

And please, move this ORIGINAL thread to the players section and merge the other one that's been opened today.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Mario thirsty for that sticky thread.

--

Very randomn and average freebie signing again :fp:

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
He is one of my favourite Milan players.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mario thirsty for that sticky thread.

--

Very randomn and average freebie signing again :fp:

Hehe, not really. I just find it very interesting reading the first few pages of a transfer target that became our player.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
According to my sources, when signing the contract, Galliani and Gandini lightly tossed Agazzi the pen, which he failed to catch and went straight through him. This development is on par with his performance and ability.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Really disgusting transfer. But :g: can't get it up without signing one free transfer trash. Surprising as we haven't got any decent GK prospects. Gori won Primavera GK of Season but many believe he's overhyped. Donnarumma also looks pretty shaky. Hopefully we're giving Perin vs. Scuffet another season to duke it out before signing one.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
He makes mistakes, as all keepers do. Showing a mistake and acting like a player is horrible because of it is foolish.

Look at this horrible Juventus keeper- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb0jkQryQRA

Agazzi is a pretty solid player. Not great, but not bad. Better than Amelia, and on the same level as Abbiatti.

I dont like signing him and resigning Abbiatti. Both would be excellent #2s but I guess this more than likely means we arent upgrading our keeper position

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome Michael :thumbsup:

I guess management doesn't have much faith in Gabriel

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
This thread is just a loool

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
According to my sources, when signing the contract, Galliani and Gandini lightly tossed Agazzi the pen, which he failed to catch and went straight through him. This development is on par with his performance and ability.

:lol: :proud:

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The fact is .. We had a terrible season and this abbiati renewal and agazzi purchase proves the club has no desire to be proactive and considered the future. It was an opportunity missed to raise a bit if confidence in the team and fans instead it seems to have become yet another money saving venture and god knows how far this will go .

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
Well Agazzi comes in to replace Amelia. They are about the same , i would give a slight edge to agazzi. I havent seen him much but he was a very very good gk a couple years ago with cagliari. Abbiati's renewal is also an ok move since he is pretty good and has a lot of experience (he would preferably be a gr8 no2 but he is still capable of being a no1 gk for a top 5-6 side in serie a) . But i too would like a good young prospect but if gabriel goes , who knows we might get someone else.

Pato#1

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pato, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Ronaldo
Getting worse day after a day

Brutalitops

El Tigre Chino
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Reus, Abate, De Sciglio, Ibrahimovic, Nesta, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Poli, Cavani, ElSha
Would've rather given Gabriel a little more protagonism but ok

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Saying now that he is fodder is just :fp:

Give the lad a chance.

Welcome Agazzi!!

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Nestafan,

Brent Spiner may actually be better in goal than Agazzi

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hate here is ridiculous, he isnt no Perin, no Marchetti, heck not even Consigli, but he isnt worse than Amelia. Give him a chance & then judge
have a feeling this could backfire

Milan never cared much about the GK spot, I dont see this signing as a definitive indication of what our market will look like. have hope, otherwise whats the point?

Schedule