AC Milan Stadium || nuovostadiomilano.com

Which design should be selected for nuovostadiomilano?

• Total voters

DiavoloEmpio

Beginner
Reaction score
In a drawer full of red and black panties
Fav. Players
Abate, Nocerino, Rivera, Gattuso, Maldini, Pirlo
Let Inter leave, buy the stadium from the city and then renovate it. Seriously if we do that, I would be really happy.

The problem is getting the city to sell. They see it as a moneymaker. Honestly, whenever I see how they tear up this, that, and the other to hold concerts at San Siro, it makes my stomach turn.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
613609573.png

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Interesting article: "KPMG’s European Stadium Insight 2011"

The enclosed report includes:
A snapshot of the football industry and stadium landscape in Europe
How the top clubs of Europe utilize their stadia and socio-economic factors affecting stadium utilization
Stadium development trends - What kind of stadia have been built recently, and for how much?
Building stadia adjusted to specific demand requirements
Sustainable stadium business models & financing stadium developments
How stadia may contribute to a business strategy of growth and sustainability for European football clubs

http://www.kpmg.com/HU/en/IssuesAndInsights/ArticlesPublications/Documents/EU-Stadium-Insight-2011-web-Oct-2011.pdf

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
i don't mind we're leaving san siro.
if we can get new stadium with better prospect financially, why not?

history won't be gone by moving the stadium.

Last edited:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I dont mind a new stadium but I would rather buy out San Siro and fix it, there is too big a connection for us to leave, and eventhough Juve stadium gives a nice atmosphere there is something more special about an 85,000 seater that is the burial ground of many big teams in the past.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
it is play ,when printer leaves in 2015 ,and our contract runs out same year in may it is clear berlu and gallani will ask to buy milan and if so then we will reduce to 65-70 000 seats new vip,shopping c. and as one report suggested they will spend 50 mil for renovation and then we can sell ad borads ,commercials,...

Seratore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
they all say that arsenal's stadium and the whole package with it is the best in the world and they want to make our stadium like theirs ...

time will tell..

Crashie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I was at San Siro this summer. Great tour, it was really fun to watch and learn the history behind these two clubs. The stadium looks amazing from the tribune, the different colors exudes a charm and I loved it. But to be honest it is old and some part looks broke. We need to rebuild and "clean" up.

Nasha

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Roma stadium plan 'nearly ready'

Roma President James Pallotta assured fans they are “almost ready” to announce the construction of a new 60,000-seater stadium.

The Giallorossi and their American owners aim to follow in the footsteps of Juventus in building their own arena.

“I would’ve used the Colosseum, but they told me it was being used,” laughed Pallotta in newspaper Il Sole 24 ore.

“All joking aside, we are nearly ready. We have already had numerous meetings with the Mayor of Rome and the council.

“We examined 100 potential sites, chose 12 and finally with advisors Cushman & Wakefield we got it down to a short-list of three areas. Now we are down to the final choice.

“The stadium, which will seat 60,000, include shops and restaurants, has been planned by world famous architect Dan Meis and must be ready for the 2016 European Championships.”

What are we waiting for? Galliani is all talk but no walk!

achtungbaby

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, de Sciglio, Montolivo
they all say that arsenal's stadium and the whole package with it is the best in the world and they want to make our stadium like theirs ...

time will tell..

The Emirates Stadium is good but the shape makes it look weirdly like a national stadium in a way like all those old Olympic stadiums. I feel the same about the Etihad Stadium. The Veltins Arena and the Allianz Arena are much better examples of good new club stadia. Fans feel closer to the pitch. I think Galliani in the past as even cited the Veltins Arena as an example that Milan wish to emulate.

Nasha

Milan Icon
Reaction score
The mgmt has to sort this out sooner rather than later ... we cant grow our revenues and it saddens me deeply to see so many empty seats when Milan is playing.

achtungbaby

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, de Sciglio, Montolivo
I can't see why the city of Milano and central Government aren't more agreeable on this. Rebuilding San Siro can be part of a regeneration project for the city and be used as an example for the rest of Italy. Projects like this can really help the economy. I haven't followed this all that closely but could that be a sticking point? Might the city of Milano be asking for too much in terms of regeneration elements in the project for Berlusconi or Milan's liking? It's not just Milan games that would be held there, concerts, other sports events, the occasional Italy rugby game. Think of all the money that would bring in for the local economy.

ACMilanMaldini3

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Galliani ended the night talking about the future of the San Siro: "It will become an Elite UEFA Stadium during the 2013/2014 season. UEFA president Platini has promised that it will host a Champions League Final soon. It’s more likely to be in 2016 than in 2015, the year of the Expo in Milan.” During the evening dedicated to AC Milan’s sponsors, Galliani noted that “even if we do cut the stadium capacity to 72,000-73,000, we’ll improved facilities and, from May, we'll embark on the major task of increasing the number of toilet facilities at the ground. We’ll also create an area of up to 3,000 square meters dedicated to commercial space that will be open all week. We already have the most inexpensive ticket prices in Italian football but, in certain sections of the ground, we’ll cut prices even further.” Finally, Galliani confirmed that the club are interested in developing the racecourse adjacent to the stadium. "Should the area remain empty and unused, our dream would be to purchase it and develop it into something more in synergy with our stadium.”

I don't think building a 'modern' stadium is any better than what we have, we are embedded in the San Siro, we should not leave because we made the mistake to give Inter duel partnership rights to the San Siro. Sure we will lose money if its not solely are stadium but it is are stadium: it was given to us as a gift nearly 90 years ago, not to Inter.

Also another cut from 80,000 to 73,000 has me slightly worried

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What happened to those Chinese investors who were going to help Inter build their own stadium? This is bullshit. We built the San Siro and then sold it to the city council, so we should be able to buy it back and kick Inter out. Why can't they fuck off to the Arena Civica or something? They used to play there before they came crawling and begging to share OUR stadium after all.

Fuck Giuseppe Meazza too. Stadio Silvio Berlusconi please.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Stadium law abandoned
By Football Italia staff

Federation President Giancarlo Abete warns the long-awaited law to help clubs build their own stadiums “will, save for miracles, remain just a proposal.”

The only club in Serie A with its own stadium is Juventus, as the others rent arenas from the local council on match day.

A law was put forward to aid the clubs who want to follow in Juve’s footsteps, but it became mired in red tape and has not even gone to a vote.

“Save for miracles, it will remain just a proposal,” confessed FIGC President Abete.

“It is a typical Italian story. New structures are needed, but if the law doesn’t go through then we have to forget about it.”

Among the clubs who have drawn up plans for their own stadium are Roma, Lazio, Inter, Palermo, Siena and Napoli.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
dislike the different coloured seats

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I don't think building a 'modern' stadium is any better than what we have, we are embedded in the San Siro, we should not leave because we made the mistake to give Inter duel partnership rights to the San Siro. Sure we will lose money if its not solely are stadium but it is are stadium: it was given to us as a gift nearly 90 years ago, not to Inter.

Also another cut from 80,000 to 73,000 has me slightly worried

Wut?We hardly fill 55k seats in average this days, that cut wont make any difference.

Im all for having a 70k capacity stadium, if it means a 70k modern one.Right now San Siro is shit compared to the new stadiums.

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Wut?We hardly fill 55k seats in average this days, that cut wont make any difference.

Im all for having a 70k capacity stadium, if it means a 70k modern one.Right now San Siro is shit compared to the new stadiums.

It is, but if Inter's takeover goes through and they build a stadium, it'll be a blessing in disguise. I'm sure Berlusconi can work a bit of magic and make the city council sell us the San Siro (we sold it to them in the first place after all FFS). I'd rather we kick Inter out and renovate it than build a new one. There are no infrastructural problems with the stadium, it just lacks a bit of maintenance. Private ownership will improve the state of the pitch and the stadium's facilities in no time.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
It is, but if Inter's takeover goes through and they build a stadium, it'll be a blessing in disguise. I'm sure Berlusconi can work a bit of magic and make the city council sell us the San Siro (we sold it to them in the first place after all FFS). I'd rather we kick Inter out and renovate it than build a new one. There are no infrastructural problems with the stadium, it just lacks a bit of maintenance. Private ownership will improve the state of the pitch and the stadium's facilities in no time.

Absolutely spot on.

Inter building their new stadium will be a catalyst for a few things happening I feel:

1) Suddenly, the position of value the city council (or whoever owns the stadium) has, in regards to monopolization of the only major stadium facility in the vicinity will vanish.

2) Now the city has inter's new stadium to compete with, in terms of entertainment events that bring in major revenue for them. All of a sudden this stream of revenue looks very threatened; devaluing the San Siro, benefiting us.

3) Inter moving away removes half of their rental revenue, which they have no hope of regaining. Cut this cash flow in half and; vuola, devaulation again.

4) Now, we would have a position of leverage and an ability to either negotiate a lower rent (which they won't want ofcourse) or buy at a lower price than they currently are asking. Note the lower rent tactic would only work if they believe our threat to move to inter's new stadium (highly unlikely I acknowledge, but due to historic precedent, inter owes us :). Least inter could do would be to tell a little white lie to the media during our negotiations with the council, saying that Milan have contacted Inter to purchase a share and Inter are considering :lol:

Most likely they prefer to sell at that point.