The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2012, 00:03   #1061
Congo Powers
humble monza supporter
 
Congo Powers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: caroline celico
Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, Cutrone
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
mattia is on good form, he shouldn't be relegated to the bench when abate comes back, that's my point.

abate is not a beast, seems like you have a goldfish memory on how shit he was last season and parts of this season, he should play if mattia gets injured or loses form. (god forbid)

the way you understand things makes it certain that you're a nail painting moron.
yes, true...pretty things belong with other pretty things. like pretty nails, and pretty hands..pretty nail polish and pretty faces.

just like you and big macs...goes well together

Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 00:04   #1062
sushanmilano
Nostalgia....
 
sushanmilano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: India
Fav. Players: Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
oh yes, i'm fully aware of this.

did you know that you don't have to use the same 11 players each match?
Dont kid yourself man. De sciglio was in great form but as soon as Abate came back he was relegated to the sidelines and got 0 minutes on the pitch for weeks. It is very rare for a manager to sub a fullback in the game just so the other player gets some minutes


Signature
sushanmilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 00:04   #1063
Sage
Phase 2
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
yes, true...pretty things belong with other pretty things. like pretty nails, and pretty hands..pretty nail polish and pretty faces.

just like you and big macs...goes well together

sure, that all sounds fine if you're a female.

Last edited by Sage; 27-11-2012 at 00:07.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 00:09   #1064
Mario
AC Milan Icon
 
Mario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default

Who can find Moggster's or whatever that annoying pessimistc assholes name is comment about how De Sciglio should be benched as its too much for him to play in such a big game vs Assamoah etc and to put Flamini at RB ahahahhahahah


Signature
.
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 00:14   #1065
Congo Powers
humble monza supporter
 
Congo Powers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: caroline celico
Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, Cutrone
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanmilano View Post
Dont kid yourself man. De sciglio was in great form but as soon as Abate came back he was relegated to the sidelines and got 0 minutes on the pitch for weeks. It is very rare for a manager to sub a fullback in the game just so the other player gets some minutes
what i'm saying is we have two good RBs...this is a good positive thing. one of them is 19(!)..the other is a NT player. both are good. both will play games. who starts one game vs the other? thats for the coach to decide and posters like you to question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
sure, that all sounds fine if you're a female.
so lemme get this straight..you're saying that if you introduced me to your parents as your boyfriend i would have to remove my nail polish?
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 00:16   #1066
Christian
AC Milan Icon
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Fav. Players: Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanmilano View Post
Dont kid yourself man. De sciglio was in great form but as soon as Abate came back he was relegated to the sidelines and got 0 minutes on the pitch for weeks. It is very rare for a manager to sub a fullback in the game just so the other player gets some minutes
Abate was very good before he was injured, so I don't see the problem. It's good to have several good players for each position, players get injured, lose form, and what not. Ideally we should have several good players for each position. Furthermore I think Abate and De Sciglio actually compliment eachother well because they offer something different. De Sciglio is better technically and seems to read the game better, and his deep crosses are excellent. Abate is faster though and seems more energetic, he's better than De Sciglio at getting to the byline and delivering crosses that way. Ideally that's how it should be, because then the coach has more options.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 00:19   #1067
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy
 
KujaIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Fav. Players: Allegri, Romagnoli, Bonaventura, Prince, Yepes, Nesta, Seedorf
Default

Early season, De Sciglio was good.

But his progress was stunted by Abate being placed back in the team for no reason.

Allegri shouldn't do it again. De Sciglio deserves to stay at RB much like Constant deserves to stay at LB.


Signature
Phillipe Mexes of R&B Mafia Games
Silvio Berlusconi
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 00:32   #1068
CanUNoTouch
Gone all Pete Tong
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Fav. Players: There are far too many to name past & present
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiavoloEmpio View Post
*wouldn't have

And I don't have to care to respond. I can respond just because. But if it makes you sleep better at night, I'll pretend I care.
And you say you dont care.


tb babes xxxxxx
CanUNoTouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 03:25   #1069
Galliani
Grand Master
 
Galliani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Default

So much involved! great to see him not frightened about these big games!

He was 2nd in our squad when it came to number of touches 71 only 1 less than Montolivo.

Pretty awesome


Signature
"Damn you midgets"
Galliani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 03:43   #1070
Milanista2020
The Milan Motivator
 
Milanista2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London England /Mexico Zacatecas
Fav. Players: Seedorf, Patinho, Gattuso, Maldini, Baresi, shevchenko, Boban, Kaka,
Default

Desciglio is a stable young professional, he will continue to develop even if he doesn't play every game.
I would be ok with Desciglio and abate doing a rotation for RB, or even Desciglio playing every third game. He is still young should not have to shoulder so much pressure.


Signature
Milanista2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 04:04   #1071
belloefamoso
AC Milan Legend
 
belloefamoso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default

video De sciglio against Juventus: Great!!!!!
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvd...-11-2012_sport
belloefamoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 17:25   #1072
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon
 
Goodfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka
Default

Fuck off to all you turds who're mad because we have two assist machines for the RB spot, really, fuck off

Great performance against Juve. Especially defensively(his best so far). Really needs to stop losing his man when defending a high cross though. He should've been the one marking Giovinco when he tried his overhead kick.
Still, this was a huge improvement to some of his last performances.
But I've never seen Abate play as badly as DS did in the Malaga games and if Abate can continue on his pre-injury form when he comes back then I wouldn't find it unreasonable of Allegri to bench DS.
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 17:26   #1073
Sage
Phase 2
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Fuck off to all you turds who're mad because we have two assist machines for the RB spot, really, fuck off

Great performance against Juve. Especially defensively(his best so far). Really needs to stop losing his man when defending a high cross though. He should've been the one marking Giovinco when he tried his overhead kick.
Still, this was a huge improvement to some of his last performances.
But I've never seen Abate play as badly as DS did in the Malaga games and if Abate can continue on his pre-injury form when he comes back then I wouldn't find it unreasonable of Allegri to bench DS.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 17:33   #1074
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon
 
Goodfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Abate hasn't fucked up as many times in one game(during the Allegri era) as DS did in the Malaga games. He's fucked up majorly(Inter), but not as many times in one game.
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 17:36   #1075
Sage
Phase 2
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

de sciglio was poor offensively during that game, which is standard for abate in terms of offense.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 17:46   #1076
Master Smurf
AC Milan Legend
 
Master Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cayman Islands
Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Talismano
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Abate hasn't fucked up as many times in one game(during the Allegri era) as DS did in the Malaga games. He's fucked up majorly(Inter), but not as many times in one game.
Surely this cant be your defense?

And when has a fullback being useless going forward acceptable?
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 17:49   #1077
Congo Powers
humble monza supporter
 
Congo Powers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: caroline celico
Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, Cutrone
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Abate was very good before he was injured, so I don't see the problem. It's good to have several good players for each position, players get injured, lose form, and what not. Ideally we should have several good players for each position. Furthermore I think Abate and De Sciglio actually compliment eachother well because they offer something different. De Sciglio is better technically and seems to read the game better, and his deep crosses are excellent. Abate is faster though and seems more energetic, he's better than De Sciglio at getting to the byline and delivering crosses that way. Ideally that's how it should be, because then the coach has more options.
great post christian
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 17:53   #1078
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon
 
Goodfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Smurf View Post
Surely this cant be your defense?

And when has a fullback being useless going forward acceptable?
Abate is not useless when going forward.
And he doesnt give away the ball as easily as DS has done in some of the last games.
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 17:59   #1079
Tidalwave
Shredder
 
Tidalwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Fav. Players: Kaka' #22, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Sheva, Ibra, Balotelli, De Rossi, Montolivo.
Default

this kid is gonna be huge next 3-4 years, real gold.


Signature
Tidalwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 18:13   #1080
sushanmilano
Nostalgia....
 
sushanmilano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: India
Fav. Players: Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Abate is not useless when going forward.
And he doesnt give away the ball as easily as DS has done in some of the last games.
Yes he is. He has played long enough here and shown zero output in terms of offence


Signature
sushanmilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:55.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.