Mattia De Sciglio Thread

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
Abate right back, DES left back. Awesome. Plus called it XD

COnstant is a good back up. Hopefully Allegri continues with the Abate DES Combo at full back.

Cokata

E46
Reaction score
Abate right back, DES left back. Awesome. Plus called it XD

COnstant is a good back up. Hopefully Allegri continues with the Abate DES Combo at full back.

:fp:.abate has played well the last few games but his crosses are still very bad most of the time.Constant>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Abate

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
:fp:.abate has played well the last few games but his crosses are still very bad most of the time.Constant>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Abate

no

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
It`s a tough choice right now.. One thing is certain though, De Sciglio has to play. Nevermind the age, I think he brings more to the table than either Constant or Abate.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
De Sciglio to follow Maldini path

desciglio-guarin490ai.jpg

Mattia De Sciglio has admitted that he is hoping to follow in the footsteps of Milan and Italy legend Paolo Maldini.

The youngster is winning comparisons with the former defender after breaking into the Rossoneri side.

“As soon as I started playing my inspiration was Maldini, then every player has his own style,” the 20-year-old stated.

“Assistant Coach Mauro Tassotti is helping me a lot to improve in my role and I really hope to mirror the career that Maldini had.”

De Sciglio has appeared in 19 Serie A games this term, as well as featuring in five Champions League encounters.

“I think playing in Serie A is as good as it gets,” he added. “Meanwhile, in the Champions League you get to play against the best of European teams and gain experience.”

De Sciglio’s progress at San Siro over the last two seasons has also attracted the attention of Italy boss Cesare Prandelli, even if he has yet to be awarded a full cap.

“Playing for your national team is the dream of every footballer because you are one of 23 players representing your country.”

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
all that talk about a left back for years then we get one out of nowhere. what i like most about him is how he likes to use his left foot and is brave enough to cross it in all the time great personality

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
I think he's been better as a left back recently, his link up play with El Shaarawy is excellent.

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
MDS has been huge for us this year. Hope he keeps growing like all of our youngsters

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
De Sciglio to follow Maldini path

desciglio-guarin490ai.jpg

:thumbsup:

I loved that Maldini likes this kid too,it's eerily similar but of course I would not dare compare the two other then there youth right now.

De Sciglio does have a good link up with Stephan as well,it's fucking awesome.

Cokata

E46
Reaction score
i don't want to rain on your parade but he is not the new maldini.most of the people on this forum won't live long enough to see a player like him again

jonijoni

#saveacmilan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
tsubasa amami
One of the finest talent in italy nowadays. He's a good backup if abate really leaves this summer. He will get his first team place in time. It's good that we have him in our team.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
i don't want to rain on your parade but he is not the new maldini.most of the people on this forum won't live long enough to see a player like him again

I didn't say he was, just that how good he is at his age makes it similar to Maldini. I'm old enough to remember Maldini in his early 20's to retirement, that's about it.

Mattia is Mattia so as long as he improves and doesn't pull a Santon on us we're good.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Maldini on De sciglio

"I like watching Mattia play, I like the way he runs down the flank and keeps his position, he has the advantage that he can play on both the left and the right. He has the style to play for Milan and the personality for Milan"

According to Maldini the best is yet to come as DE Sciglio grows both in confidence but also physically.

"Physically he can still improve a lot but even when I was 20 years old I was not fully mature and was not a complete athlete. I believe he will do the same. There is one thing I think he can improve on: it is fine being a well manners person but when he is on the ball and when he is winning the ball, from a sporting point of view, he needs to have that killer instinct, he needs to be hungrier. Only when it come to a purely sporting point of view mind you."

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
I think he prefers playing on the left

Cokata

E46
Reaction score
I think he prefers playing on the left
He really only said he likes to play on the left because he can cut in and shoot,but i don't think that is the fullbacks job.even if he likes playing on the left i would then like to see constant on the right

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
He said he isn't confident playing on the right. So if that isn't preference, I don't know what is.

Amandeep

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
his reading of the game is fantastic and his first time crossing and accuracy...wow cant wait to see how well he will develop down the flanks we are good...just need good signing at cb in summer and another midfielder :)

Cokata

E46
Reaction score
He said he isn't confident playing on the right. So if that isn't preference, I don't know what is.

he said that he prefers the left,not that he is uncomfortable on the right.I mean how the fuck can a right footed player feel uncomfortable at RB

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
A bit more of phisical power and bit more of agression and there you go, a player for next 12, 13 seasons in Milan!

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
He said he's comfortable on both flanks, and he don't feel as confident to cut in on the right than on left. Wtf, do you actually read what i wrote? Why the fuck do you have to make a fuss out of one sentence.

Edit: I meant comfortable

Last edited:

Cokata

E46
Reaction score
He said he's confident on both flanks, and he don't feel as confident to cut in on the right than on left. Wtf, do you actually read what i wrote? Why the fuck do you have to make a fuss out of one sentence.

:fp:Keep quiet pato fan:lol::lol::lol:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

Ac Milan's defender Mattia De Scigio was at the presentation of the Gazzetta Cup and spoke about his rise up the ranks.

"Benassi and I want to let kids know that in order to make your dreams come true you need to work hard but also keep enjoying yourselves.

My transformation from a right back to a left back is good because on the left I can cut inside and shoot with my right.

I like playing on both flanks and I am willing to do what the coach requires.

I always try to do my best regardless of the position.

We need to concentrate 100% on the game on Friday so that we have an advantage over those who play on Saturday and Sunday, then we can think about Barcelona.

We will obviously try to take advantage of any slip-ups by Napoli. I want to thank the President for his kind words but I know that I still have a long way to go."

:champion:

naive_harry

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato, Abate, Nocerino and in that order
Has Maldini's seal of Approval.

"I like watching De Sciglio play - how he makes himself useful to his team-mates and how he runs up and down the flank," Maldini told Milan Channel.

"De Sciglio definitely has the Milan style and the appearance of a Milan player. He has the advantage of being a versatile player. He can play on both the left and the right side.

"Physically he can still improve a lot but even when I was 20 years old I was not fully mature and was not a complete athlete. I believe he will do the same.

"There is one more thing I think he can improve on: He needs to have more of a killer instinct - in a sporting sense of course."

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1...ini-de-sciglio-still-has-room-for-improvement

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Good performance while in the right but really bad on the left. He was really soft at defending.

RossoneriTifosi

Beginner
Reaction score
i think Mattia will start on the left against Palermo as constant have a red Card, take over the LB DES

Last edited:

Schedule