Paolo Maldini Thread

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
200304.jpg

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
totti thinking.... 'i wish i have hair like paolo' :D

fiume_1987

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Desailly, Redondo, Rivaldo, Rui Costa, Maldini, Pato, T. Silva
Costacurta looks so old - Maldini & Totti seem like teenagers compared to him...
But check out those Paolo's legs - pumped up :eek:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Costacurta nr 9?

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Maldini: "Fantastic season, and just believe the title"

Paolo Maldini, former captain of AC Milan, was intercepted by Sky Sports in the parking lot of San Siro: "The Scudetto? E 'right to believe, when it comes to -1 you can not quit. The guys did a fantastic season and Leo did an excellent job. Injuries? Obviously weigh, but the environment is loaded and is healthy. My future? Now I lived sports and observer, I've enjoyed this relaxation. However, my passion is still the football " . (google translated)

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=21230

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva
I still think we miss his calmness on the pitch sometimes, even today. 1-0 up and we needed to keep calm but we didn't we lost focus and ended up conceding, however good Ambro is at being captain, calmness and composure is not something he gives the team.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Maldini: "Fantastic season, and just believe the title"

Paolo Maldini, former captain of AC Milan, was intercepted by Sky Sports in the parking lot of San Siro: "The Scudetto? E 'right to believe, when it comes to -1 you can not quit. The guys did a fantastic season and Leo did an excellent job. Injuries? Obviously weigh, but the environment is loaded and is healthy. My future? Now I lived sports and observer, I've enjoyed this relaxation. However, my passion is still the football " . (google translated)

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=21230

It would be awesome if he would openly back up Leo about his rejuvenation of Milan plan.Maldini is probably one of the few people Berlusconi actually listens to ,so hope he will step up.(at least behind the curtains ,dont care much for public drama )

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I miss him so much... I should be studying right now, but I have spent the last 45 minutes watching his videos on youtube:cry::cry:

EDIT:
You have probably seen this one before, but you can't watch to much of Il Capitano.

Last edited:

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Being totally honest, Paolo last season was better than Cannavaro this season by a mile... he could probably walk onto Italy's squad tomorrow and be an upgrade.

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cannavaro is bad now, its sad to see how much he has deteriorated.

Should have hung up his boots at the end of last season.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cannavaro is bad now, its sad to see how much he has deteriorated.

Should have hung up his boots at the end of last season.

he was once one of the best, now he is probably not even a top 10 Italian centerback. Its a real shame, and barring a minor miracle he could very well be Italy's undoing at the WC

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
The only way canna will play well at the WC is if italy play a deep counter-attacking defense.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The only way canna will play well at the WC is if italy play a deep counter-attacking defense.

And that's exactly what they'll do. If he doesn't get isolated in open spaces, he's still one of the best. Do people think he's just forgotten how to defend?

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And that's exactly what they'll do. If he doesn't get isolated in open spaces, he's still one of the best. Do people think he's just forgotten how to defend?

Ofcorse not, but he's lost so much pace and seems to get turned easily, its ok being able to defend but if your body isn't up to it you'll struggle and thats evident in Cannavaro now, the ability is still there, but his body can't do it.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ofcorse not, but he's lost so much pace and seems to get turned easily, its ok being able to defend but if your body isn't up to it you'll struggle and thats evident in Cannavaro now, the ability is still there, but his body can't do it.

Yeah, thats what I see too. I think he would be great going there as part of the coaching staff (same as Gattuso) but as a player bringing one of Nesta, Bouncci, Bocchetti, Gamberini, Bonera, Bovo, or Paolo Cannavaro would all be better options at this point in time.

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah, thats what I see too. I think he would be great going there as part of the coaching staff (same as Gattuso) but as a player bringing one of Nesta, Bouncci, Bocchetti, Gamberini, Bonera, Bovo, or Paolo Cannavaro would all be better options at this point in time.

I still think he should go as a player, he's more than decent backup to bring on late in the game to hold a lead but he's just a shadow of the player he was in 2006. Some players can play till their late 30's, Cannavaro isn't one of them because he never had much pace when he was at the height of his career so now he's even slower so he can't cope, Maldini managed to play for so long because even at 40 he still had a fair amount of pace so he could still play at the highest level.

If Nesta can be persuaded to go back a centerback pairing of Nesta and Chiellini would be the best at the tournament.

fengxiaoj

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, Nesta, Zidane, etc.
I watched two of the recent Juventus matches and their whole back line was a mess. Defenders didn't stay together causing offside traps to fail, multiple attackers unmarked during corners, etc. The Cannavaro of old certainly could lead the defenders much better than that -- I wonder if his physical decline is making him less confident too. That would be a shame.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If Nesta can be persuaded to go back a centerback pairing of Nesta and Chiellini would be the best at the tournament.

Yes it would, and they would be in front of the best keeper in the world, and behind potentially the best midfield (De Rossi-Pirlo-Marchisio) if Lippi wasnt so f**king stubborn that midfield would have Cassano in front of it. Italy could be so so good... its sad what Lippi has done

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
According to Milannews, Galliani and Leo asked Maldini to return after the injury to Nesta. He thought about it but declined because he hasn't played in about a year.

Rosanna03

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, Pirlo
According to Milannews, Galliani and Leo asked Maldini to return after the injury to Nesta. He thought about it but declined because he hasn't played in about a year.

damn it, I almost got a heartattack until I read 'declined because...' :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli

Am I the only one who feels ashamed about this? Maldini retired happily and had his long awaited farewell to calcio last summer, and I'm sure he spent a lot of time making that decision. Asking him to come back after retiring and a year of not playing is kind of shameful/desperate on our part. Obviously he loves Milan, but why put him in such a position, having to make him decline the offer to play again. :head:

Schedule