CONCACAF Football Discussion

JUANES

BARCA HATER
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Crespo, Sheva, Gila, Kaká, Pippo, ballack, webó, tejada and myself
hello fellas

i just opened this thread(bmw might get mad about this jeje) to show you the pride of my national team to score the best goal of 2005 against mexico in the world cup qualifiers.

this goal made the world go round again..and it was broadcasted in many parts of the world.

so , here it is.

enjoy and forza Panama! and forza Milan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xB3PW8ZGc4

hope you like it

btw the goal was scored by luis tejada.

JUANES

BARCA HATER
Reaction score
Fav. Players
huh?

well i thougth the multimedia was for downloadble content only..and i mean files..
this is just a mere link....or url

but it the mods agree this should be changed then...go ahead.

i dont mind.

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Now now, don't play the victim role. I wasn't jumping at you.

At the multimedia sub-forum, there is a special thread for non-milan related materials, named "GOAALS!!!" which would be suited much better than here.

Just my opinion, nothing personal against you. ;)

JUANES

BARCA HATER
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bes said:
Now now, don't play the victim role. I wasn't jumping at you.

At the multimedia sub-forum, there is a special thread for non-milan related materials, named "GOAALS!!!" which would be suited much better than here.

Just my opinion, nothing personal against you. ;)

jeje dont worry bes

it's ok

no offense to anyone

jeje i just love to see that goal that fucked up mexico and humiliated them infront of the whole fifa members....jejejeje jaja

not even italy, argentina, germany or brazil have ever scored a goal like that...and mexico's team still has that pain inside.

:D :D :D

forza milan

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
oh yeah, fucked us up... wait a minute, didn't we go to the World Cup in Germany? oh yeah, Panama didn't, not only that we were head of a group

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
vani_pirlo_21 said:
oh yeah, fucked us up... wait a minute, didn't we go to the World Cup in Germany? oh yeah, Panama didn't, not only that we were head of a group
:D

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

JUANES

BARCA HATER
Reaction score
Fav. Players
vani_pirlo_21 said:

blah

i meant

you went to the world cup yeah that's right...good

but WE TOTALLY FUCKED UP YOUR REPUTATION WITH THAT GOAL! I MEAN...YOU WERE THE CIRCUS OF THE CONCACAF AND FIFA THAT MATCHDAY...and that goal was the best of 2005 or 2006 i think...so..it was against you and you will ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT....

that served to lavolpe shitty comments...

JUANES

BARCA HATER
Reaction score
Fav. Players
COMETE TU CHILENAAAAAAAA!

CHILENAZO Y GOLAZOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUE HACIAN LOS DEFENSAS MEXICANOS? TOMANDOLE FOTOS A TEJADA EN ESE MOMENTO?

JAJAJA

no te enojes..fue una simple chilena..y aunque tengas razon que nos ganan..ya no nos ganan por goleadas y sufren y sudan....

en fin, CHILENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GOLAZOOOOOOOO

:D :D :D :D

saludos para mexico desde panama..sin rencores y como hermanos!

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
vani_pirlo_21 said:

LOL :D

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think I'd have enjoyed it better were it not for all those idiotic graphics cluttering the screen throughout the clip.

lia

yada yada
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mané Garrincha, Kaká, Nesta, Ronaldo
vani_pirlo_21 said:
Oh, snap! :D

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
what a shitty quality of the video,but the goal is truly fantastic! :star:

JUANES

BARCA HATER
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Beemer said:
I think I'd have enjoyed it better were it not for all those idiotic graphics cluttering the screen throughout the clip.

tell the media idiots here in Panamá.

fuck its even painfull to watch a world cup even a uefa cup game here because of all that crap MOVISTAR OR cable & wireless shit.

JUANES

BARCA HATER
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ah snap?

come on ..here in Panama we have nothing to lose...so we really fucked up your team that day.

besides what is the point of going to world cup with a shitty confederation like concacaf since when you go to confederations cup or even the world cup you prove that quality is something that your team does not have. and i mean that.

players like who? bofo bautista? bah bofo is a total JOKE!

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
we have not proven to have quality in world cup...

1.- Ending a group stage ahead of Italy is nothing
2.- Forcing Argentina to extra time in Confederations Cup and scoring a great goal is nothing
3.- Forcing Argentina to extra time in last 16 of the World Cup and forcing them to score a wonder goal is nothing
4.- Being semifinalist twice in the World Cup is nothing

If that's nothing then what do you call Panama's achievements?

you talking about Bofo is like talking about Brocchi in Milan terms

Marquez has been playing in Barcelona for a long time and has a very expensive buy out clause...
Salcido is playing for the Netherland's champions
Pardo and Osorio won the German League when they arrived to Stuttgart, Pardo being a central figure
Guardado is important for Deportivo

keep dreaming about that tie you got out of us at your stadium, while I'll keep dreaming of our great games in the WC

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
vani_pirlo_21 said:
we have not proven to have quality in world cup...

1.- Ending a group stage ahead of Italy is nothing
2.- Forcing Argentina to extra time in Confederations Cup and scoring a great goal is nothing
3.- Forcing Argentina to extra time in last 16 of the World Cup and forcing them to score a wonder goal is nothing
4.- Being semifinalist twice in the World Cup is nothing

If that's nothing then what do you call Panama's achievements?

you talking about Bofo is like talking about Brocchi in Milan terms

Marquez has been playing in Barcelona for a long time and has a very expensive buy out clause...
Salcido is playing for the Netherland's champions
Pardo and Osorio won the German League when they arrived to Stuttgart, Pardo being a central figure
Guardado is important for Deportivo

keep dreaming about that tie you got out of us at your stadium, while I'll keep dreaming of our great games in the WC

LOL :D Forza ELISA! :D

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
i find it hilarious that you believe beating Mexico is such an achievement and for what i read it was nothing but a tie :D

i did not know our national team made it to the semifinals in the World Cup, did you mean in the America Cup? :eek:

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ezekiel2517 said:
i find it hilarious that you believe beating Mexico is such an achievement and for what i read it was nothing but a tie :D

i did not know our national team made it to the semifinals in the World Cup, did you mean in the America Cup? :eek:

as far as I know and been told by grandpa and dad, we reached the semifinals when we hosted it in 1986 and 1970... I'm sure about 1986, not so much in 1970, I'll check it later with my dad

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
vani_pirlo_21 said:
as far as I know and been told by grandpa and dad, we reached the semifinals when we hosted it in 1986 and 1970... I'm sure about 1986, not so much in 1970, I'll check it later with my dad
we were in quarter finals during 86.

i don't know about the 70's though.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^
lol sorry... yeah, that was our best
we were beaten by Germany in the quarterfinals

I blame it on the fact that I'm told about these WC's when I'm really sleepy waiting for breakfast in a slow Sanborns (restaurant) on a Saturday :tongue:

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
Mexico never made it to the SFs in 1970 & 1986... they got to the QFs both times only to lose...
thanks for making it crystal clear :o

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I know that in 1970 it was when you finally were able to either get a goal, get a win, or get a point in a WC after long awaits.

Now, if we are going to talk about beating Mexico :-)D) this one is wayyy better than Panama's: http://youtube.com/watch?v=fw8j45m-sOg&feature=related (biased is not even close to describe this). June 16, 2001, first time a Concacaf team beats Mexico in the Azteca, first time since the 80's any NT beats Mexico there...and damn it, the last goal was offside, a detail that made it more sweet-and no one acknowledge it :tongue:-, but the fact that the guy that scored it said "Ya no son los gigantes" some days before made it a classic. And we top everyone in that qualification.

That's the dream qualification for anyone from a small country, playing awesome football, almost demolishing everyone you faced, and playing great in a WC were your opponents ended 3rd and 1st place (and you only missed the second round because of goal difference). What we did from Jan 01 till June 02 was just too good.

vani_pirlo_21 said:
Sanborns (restaurant) on a Saturday :tongue:
Sanborns is delicious!

Last edited:

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^^
that's more of a feat, but yeah Costa Rica's got a good leg to lean on in this kind of arguement

what I don't like about the NT is that sometimes they feel over confident against a "smaller" team and that's not a good idea, I think LaVolpe tried but that was really difficult to do with Hugo who loves to remind everyone his time at Madrid and his pichichis and all

PS: are there Sanborns in Costa Rica? damn, I've understimated Slim's work on Sanborns lol

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
vani_pirlo_21 said:
^^
that's more of a feat, but yeah Costa Rica's got a good leg to lean on in this kind of arguement
For sometime like from 1992 till 2003 you weren't able to beat us :D

vani_pirlo_21 said:
what I don't like about the NT is that sometimes they feel over confident against a "smaller" team and that's not a good idea, I think LaVolpe tried but that was really difficult to do with Hugo who loves to remind everyone his time at Madrid and his pichichis and all
It happens to all NT, we have had our fair share of overconfidence against several countries from Central America, the Caribbean, and Canada. Hard lessons.

If we weren't so crap right now, I would have loved to face Hugo with our NT (wait a minute we did, we ended with 8 players-first time I even seen someone from CR getting sent off, let alone 3- and you beat us in XT in the Gold Cup, Hugo was very very bad :tongue: ).

vani_pirlo_21 said:
PS: are there Sanborns in Costa Rica? damn, I've understimated Slim's work on Sanborns lol
Actually, I went to Mexico back in December 2002, my mom took me there (apparently it's very old, cause she knew it since she lived in Mexico back in the 70's), and we basically ate in all of the Sanborns in DF and one in Acapulco. 2 years ago a Sanborns in Costa Rica was almost secure, but I'm yet to see one.