Livorno - Milan on 23/01

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
I knew that if Carlo plays Max and Gatusso in the same line up Milan will play bad!Kaka had a great chance in the first half and that was it!Hernan had terrible game!How much more bad games should he play to prove that he does not have a place in our squad!!!???Great game by Livorno!!They made us look like real amaters!

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
and a possible turning point..

Possible Serious Knee Injury For Nedved
1/23/2005 4:34:00 PM
Pavel Nedved was strechered off the Delle Alpi pitch in tears midway through the second half of Juve's match against Brescia, on Sunday.
Television images revealed the Czech star twisted his knee after a tackle by Brescia's Domizzi.

His season could well be over.

source: goal.com

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That's off-topic here. In case you haven't noticed there's a Serie A thread in the Football forum.

I doubt it will affect Juve as much as you're hoping for. We still have to win our matches :o

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
All in all we sucked ;) , no problem hehe .. we will bounce back ..

FORZA MILAN!!! SOLO CON TE!

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
A deserved loss. Perhaps Livorno are the Udinese last season for us. Just a side we can not beat.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
I saw just the last 20 minutes , I cant judge whole the game.. plus I dont want to read if we loss ;) they make a dramma.. if we deserved to lose than good we lost .. its football.. Juventus are very dependend on Nedved .. so dont wory mates.. they will slip more than us.. and Brescia is very weak in last time.. I didnt waite a favour from them.. we should concentrate in other games .. I am more dissapointed with Nesta`s red than the result .. its him second red card of the season , anyway all were nervous in the pitch ...

Vincent Gallo

Beginner
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
ooops, I thought ur French... :tongue:

I'm french... But i've got italians origins and when i talk about Milan i think sometimes in italian lol..

mikez sheva7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
My hat goes off to Donadoni's Livorno for playing a great match. They applied full court press (like in a basketball game) to perfection, not allowing Milan to get out of their defensive shell and unabling them to connect on simple passes. Milan lacked technical creativity, except for Dhorasoo who was the best player for Milan. Gattuso never contributes much to the offense but today he was even invisible on defense. I don't think Ambrosini was as bad as everyone is saying, but he didn't do much either. Defense was solid at times, and shaky at times, especially towards the end. I did not understand Nesta's red card decision, but it didn't really make a difference in the game. Cafu has been quiet (and by that I mean bad) for a while. Kaka, Crespo, and Sheva did nothing in the course of the game, although if Kaka hadn't hit the post we might be talking about a victory right now. I desperately wanted Rui to make an appearance and once he finally did he couldn't create shit. Same goes for Tomasson and Seedorf.
And finally.......Forza Dida!

Rino_Gattuso

Primavera
Reaction score
Damn i just realised how shit milan can be they deserved to lose. I dont think they can win the serie a or champions league. :mad:

Nata

Primavera
Reaction score
Rino_Gattuso said:
Damn i just realised how shit milan can be they deserved to lose. I dont think they can win the serie a or champions league. :mad:
They can play shit, but it doesn`t happen too often. Just because we lost a game, I`m not gna stop hopin that we`ll win Serie A and CL. I think we have good chances in both.

Juve seems to be the team of the seazon, which is really discusting, but their boring football seems to be going very far, and they`re toping the standings. Doesn`t matter, we`re second, and we still have good chances of catching up.

The only thing that pissed me off, was that every time we have chances to keep up with Juve, we tied, and today we lost.

I didn`t see the match, but from what I`m hearing, Livorno was the better team. So congratulations to them, it`s a bad game, every team has them, it`s natural. (Barca lost 3-0 the other day!)

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
This was one of the worst second-half performances for Milan this season, if not the worst at all :o I wasn't able to watch the first half at all and the online stream wasn't working for me, but after a struggle with my dad's receiver we were able to find IRIB3 TV on and I wish if I hadn't really found it :rolleyes:
Many elements didn't work in our favour today such as a typically stupid Livorno-ish attitude and a typically brainless Farina, however, the biggest share of the blame falls on our shoulders ... Carletto's choices were obviously not the smartest, starting from the starting line-up to the substitutions he made ... Honestly I think Dhorasoo's not the man to be in Trilly's role, but rather in Seedorf's ... Trilly's role requires experience, with wide vision and some smart passing which are attributes only available in Trilly himself and Rui in Milan ... I'm not saying that Dhorasoo's not a good player, but each player must handle a role within his capacities and personally I think speed is one of Dhorasoo's best qualities, a quality that is desperately needed in Seedorf's position ... I don't think there was a need to start with two defesnsive midfielders against a team like Livorno who have more than half of their team camping near their goal :rolleyes: Why play with such a defensive mind when our first concern is scoring from the beginning? Carletto started this season testing Rui in Trilly's role, but he never applied this strategy when we really needed it ... Today's real problem was in the midfield with no vision of what's happening on the pitch and poor passing accordingly ... Having Rui, Dhorasoo and Rino on the midfield would've added more balance, speed and effectiveness to our midfield as opposed to fielding two midfielders with a defensive mind and leaving the offense part to Dhorasoo who, in spite of desperately trying, was paralized by Kaka's invisibility and Cafu's "not-in-the-mood" mode :o

And speaking of Cafu, I think the defense did a rather horrible job today and was once again saved by Dida's superiority, because if it wasn't for his heavenly saves we could've left with a shameful result ... There was a very un-necessary shakiness due to the early goal and it affected the defense spirit for the whole match unfortunately ... Nesta's bad temper obviously reflected on his performance, which brings us back to the referee of this match must get his share of the bashing from my side at least ... What I have seen by myself were two dubious incidents for which Sheva should have been given penalties, especially the second incident were the keeper clearly tackled him in the box after missing the ball ... According to the RaiSport analysis about the referees, nevertheless, there were 3 other incidents that I missed in the first half, 2 of which were in Milan's favour and one in Lucarelli's ... In one of the incidents, Hernan was almost out of his cloths being obviously pulled in the penalty area, but the whistle was probably not working :o I completely hated Livorno's approach and strategy, fouling every 2 seconds and killing the play with their childish attitudes, complaining everytime the referee blows his whistle in Milan's favour (which didn't happen very often by the way) ... The referee's easiness with them encouraged them to commit even more fouls 'cause he didn't give them as many yellow cards as they deserved, they truly got on my nerves :o

Milan had some chances, though not very threatening, except for one when Kaka hit the post ... But all in all it was a poor performance that leaded to a poor outcome ... Everytime Juve fall behind and reduce the gap, I renew my hopes that Milan will finally catch up but all I see is us falling even furthur :head: There's no point of patiently waiting for Juve to slip if we're not gonna take advantage of every opportunity, and opportunities of a team like Juve slipping obviously don't come very often ...
Yet all I can do is hope and pray because I believe in Milan, En Sha Allah something will happen :star:

FORZA MILAN!!!

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
well today all the defenders failed.Nesta was awfull tonight and Lucareli made a fool of Stam today.Also Maldini was bad today!I mean everybody failed!

Pranjic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Savičević, Weah, Baggio
I just couldn't believe it,we were out played by Livorno,sounds bad doesn't it :cry: Anyway I really didn't see the point of playing Ambrosini,Gattuso and Vikash all at the start but when Seedorf came on in the second half it was even worse.we had a few penalty claims but that was it.It was definetly not a performance to remember.Juve won of course and now we're 5 points behind and the funny thing is they are going through a bad patch at the moment but our two performancs away from home have let them re-open the gap and now it's going to be very tough to catch up :( We really couldn't afford a performance like this one. If we are to catch up with Cappelo's team it will go right down to the wire they will certainly not let us run away with it like we did last season,they are the only team that can do that this year,damn Juve

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Edi said:
well today all the defenders failed.Nesta was awfull tonight and Lucareli made a fool of Stam today.Also Maldini was bad today!I mean everybody failed!
Absolutely. Time to stop making excuses + blame the ref or the 'once a season' unlucky slip up. In fact, quite a few of our positive results this season were deceiving + the goals scored in the end covered up a rather dull overall performance. This time Sheva himself wasn't in the shape to save us.

---

I can't agree with you, Kyara, nowhere did I see the childish attitude you accuse Livorno of. Livorno really started to dominate + almost played Milan dizzy with their brilliant superquick attacks + we can't thank Dida enough for making the defeat look bearable - anyway, I thought it was clearly the other way round: The more time elapsed the more fouls Milan committed + the more Milan complained. It's the same scenario every time Milan seem to run out of time to get a result... spirit, motivation, determination fall rather than rise :o I absolutely hate Kaka's proneness to taking out his frustration by committing fouls, I hate stupid reactions of the kind that earned Nesta red, I hate the helplessness, the uninspiredness, the mental + physical slowness of our players when under pressure. What do they expect, that the small sides surrender to Milan's alleged superiority without a fight ? They have become so fuckin cocky, it's unbearable sometimes. Matches like this might serve as a lesson in humility, let's hope at least.

The bad bad ref... Ah well, I'm sooooooo tired of this constant fingerpointing. Are we so dependent on a Milan-friendly ref to win our matches ? I've watched a ton of replays of all the questionable + potentially match-changing decisions + 'we wuz NOT robbed' is all there is to say !

We really should concentrate on our own shortcomings + start admitting that our midfield as fielded today is not competitive. And neither is our defense in today's lineup + form. Cafu has done one thing with impressive consistency so far this season: lose his touch... rapidly. Stam.. oh man, did he add insecurity, let's hope it's only due to lacking match fitness. Nesta had a rather crap match, Maldini in this position is always giving me nightmares, even if it works kinda OK in 1 out of 3 matches... His attempts to make runs were ineffective as his final touch lacked precision. Precision... where the fuck has Kaka' lost his ?? He plays one half-decent match + everyone hails him + then he is back to his usual self of this season: losing a ton of balls, lacking ideas + precision + getting frustrated easily. Seeing him play like that reminds me of the proverbial one-trick pony + I wonder if it really was only his name that prevented Juve from signing him ;) Maybe it helps if we accept him as just another ordinary player, rather than expect him to be a new football god....

Ancelotti's mistakes. Of course Ambro AND Gattuso is almost inexcusable, not just cos Gattuso has a mediocre season + isn't of any use attack-wise, but mostly cos both are simply lacking technique + vision, so 2 of the same kind might have worked against my village team but not when a quick + efficient buildup is required. Rui + Seedorf, they give me allergies ;) + if I had my way, they wouldn't be Milan players anymore. Wherever you put them, whatever the gameplan is, all they ever do is slow things down. I don't even wanna bother playing through tactical options in my mind, I just want them replaced by younger + more motivated players ASAP.

So, the verdict is:

Dida - 7 (even if the goal was partly his mistake)
Dhorasoo - 6
the rest incl. Ancelotti - 4,5

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
Rino_Gattuso said:

I agree with Nata.
I think it was the worst match of the season,only Dida was great,but don't worry,no team can always play well.
Now its hard to catch Juve,but i think we can do it !!!

FORZA MILAN !!!

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
Passion for *9* said:
You're surprised noone is here ? I'm not surprised at all.

People here have a tendency to embellish reality + self-aggrandize + don't have the ability to self-criticize + since there was virtually *nothing* to over-exult about noone has got sth. to say.

Noone believes me when I warn to not over-enthuse over a shitty win against some crap team + to prematurely conclude we're invincible. I just feel confirmed in everything I've said so far this season, yet I've secretly hoped Milan would prove me wrong :rolleyes:

errr...riiight.

Laughable performance....thats all i can say. Livorno are just a better side.

Anyhow, we've come back from 5 points b4, why not again...still 18 games remain and a match against Juve

MilanMania

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Ambrosini
Rino_Gattuso said:

No matter how shitty Milan play today, you just can't judge by this match and assume they'll can't win Serie A or CL. It's silly. There's still plenty of games to play for.

Rino_Gattuso

Primavera
Reaction score
Look as much as i love Milan i dont think they ll catch Juve now or win the CL.Our defence has stars but there all slow except Nesta and Cafu.Maldini is still world class as is Stam. But they dont work well together. The reason we lost the match was because Pirlo wasnt there.He is so damn important to us.Ambrosini cant play that role Pirlo does.Thats were i believe we lost the match. And once again it is seriously time to buy young defenders or this great Milan era will come to a end!! If they let Coloccini go its just patently stupid :conf: why wont the coaching staff bloody wake up damnit :mad:

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
MilanMania said:
No matter how shitty Milan play today, you just can't judge by this match and assume they'll can't win Serie A or CL. It's silly. There's still plenty of games to play for.
I agree that Milan is nearly out of Scudetto race. Juve plays so well this season, but Milan performs inconsistently. Even when Juve lost points, Milan still couldn't grap the chance tightly. The only way to win serie a title is to wait for Juve's mistake and don't lose point sillily.

Yesterday's Milan was the worst I've seen. I'd like to see Maldini in the center than Stam. Maldini is more reliable. Milan conceded goals in 2 consecutive matches with Stam there. We shouldn't play 3 defensive midfields, especially Pirlo was not there. Pirlo would be very useful in rainly match, with his long overhead passes. Ambro, Rino and Vika only made bad passes on the grass. If Rui or Seedorf were there earlier, more chances could be created. And both of them can shoot outside the box.

I am too disappointed with last match's performance. Liverno deserved to win. If Milan continue playing like that, every team can beat us. :(

Rino_Gattuso

Primavera
Reaction score
I agree with u little but i dont think serie a can be ours niether the CL im sorry i love milan but they need an overhaul in defence once the season finishes.Players like Kompany should be looked at not old farts lol

Riccardo

AAAARGGHH!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Rui Costa
I can't believe what I'm hearing. One loss and now you're all saying we're out of the league and we're not gonna win champions league.
There is half a season still to go, we will have plenty of oppurtunuties to catch Juve. Livorno was a bad match, but I don't think the poor performance charachterises our season at all. Milan have been good this season, maybe not as good as last season but we can still win either serie A or the champions league. I don't think we'll win both.

-

Rino_Gattuso

Primavera
Reaction score
LOL use all watch, we all love this Milan team and the club altogether i can guarantee Milan wont win the Serie A or the CL i guarantee it. As much as i love em and its hard to say it but they aint gonna win shit.i cant see them beating Man U or chelsea or even Barcalona.

Rino_Gattuso

Primavera
Reaction score
No offence to Ancellotti but some of his tactics are just so damn stupid.WTF was dhorasoo doing playing in Seedorfs role lol for gods sake.And Stam sice his injury isnt a wall in defence as expected to be but hes a bald useless nob just standing there doing nuffin.Nesta wat can i say 2 red cards in a couple of games omg wheres the world class Nesta we know he is playing like hes 10 yrs old and is absolutely shit at the moment.

Rino_Gattuso

Primavera
Reaction score
I remember in 2003 when we won the CL we had the best defence in the world and our world class defenders were just Maldini and Nesta and now we have cafu and stam aswell and were shitter now lol omg wheb will they learn not to buy old players damnit :mad:

Rino_Gattuso

Primavera
Reaction score
And all u people saying one loss in a while well it shouldnt of happened not when we had a chance to get close to Juve.They got no confidence :conf:

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
Seems like so many fans in this forum form opinions on the club based on their latest result. Just last week everyone was praising the team, and now after a loss everyone is pointing fingers at whoever. So next week if we win 3-0 and Juve lose a game then everyone will switch 180 degrees and say now is the turning point for the team...

We had a bad game and deserved to lose. Plain and simple. Even footballers at this level will have their off days. This weekend was proof of that. Im not taking anything away from the boys...

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
yonggoh said:
Seems like so many fans in this forum form opinions on the club based on their latest result. Just last week everyone was praising the team, and now after a loss everyone is pointing fingers at whoever. So next week if we win 3-0 and Juve lose a game then everyone will switch 180 degrees and say now is the turning point for the team...

We had a bad game and deserved to lose. Plain and simple. Even footballers at this level will have their off days. This weekend was proof of that. Im not taking anything away from the boys...

great, great point...very true.

we lost, fair and square. The conditions were horrible, and i bet our stars weren't motivated in the least to go down to livorno and play in a shitty stadium on a shitty rainy day...this was the first time in, like, 55 years that livorno has had the big guns come to their stadium, so this was the largest match they've pretty much EVER played...they wanted it more and they got the 3 points..does that mean that all of our past good form is worthless? of course not..its merely a reality check that will serve to motivate our team not to fuck up again against weaker opponents, something that we seem to have a habit of doing in recent seasons...

we're 5 points off juventus...that can easily be made up if we play to our potential.

MilanMania

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Ambrosini
yonggoh said:
Seems like so many fans in this forum form opinions on the club based on their latest result. Just last week everyone was praising the team, and now after a loss everyone is pointing fingers at whoever. So next week if we win 3-0 and Juve lose a game then everyone will switch 180 degrees and say now is the turning point for the team....

Im sooo agree with you. I can't stand people who judge A MATCH and comment about Milan's fate FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON.

Every teams will have have their hiccups. One day, it'll be Juve's turn. Juve is playing well??? Let's see how they play when they are without Nedved. Still can't deny that sometime Juve are too lucky to get away with a 1-0 win.

Anyway, Rino_Gattuso I think you can put all your comments in one post instead of replying in many. ;)

Last edited:

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
us_bombs said:
great, great point...very true.

we lost, fair and square. The conditions were horrible, and i bet our stars weren't motivated in the least to go down to livorno and play in a shitty stadium on a shitty rainy day...this was the first time in, like, 55 years that livorno has had the big guns come to their stadium, so this was the largest match they've pretty much EVER played...they wanted it more and they got the 3 points..does that mean that all of our past good form is worthless? of course not..its merely a reality check that will serve to motivate our team not to fuck up again against weaker opponents, something that we seem to have a habit of doing in recent seasons...

we're 5 points off juventus...that can easily be made up if we play to our potential.

Thats where the Manager comes into play, or the captain.......M-O-T-I-V-A-T-I-O-N...........thats why i admire Mourinho so much, hes ability to get the players going against the West Broms and Blackburns......even the Carling cup.

You see Chelsea score against a team like that and they are jumping around and happy, thts why they are destroying the prem l eague.

Schedule